Rejected Fix fireships

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes.

Votes: 49 64.5%
  • No.

Votes: 27 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
My idea is rather simple. I propose that we change the current system so that when attacked, any attacking ships hit Fireships before they hit other ships.

Reason:
Currently, Lightships would attack Bireme/Triremes before hitting fireships. This makes Fireships completely useless, seeing that Fireships do not kill transports or cships. If, instead, Lightships had to hit fireships first, fireships would actually be effective along side of brims or trims.

Details:
Simple, change the coding to make fireships hit the first ships attacking. Meaning that Brims and Trims are able to hang back at first, allowing fireships to deal with the enemy ships first. Then those brims/trims will be able to have a higher chance of living, preventing transports and cships from landing.

Visual Aids:
1fh5ed.jpg

Balance:
This would fix a unit so that it would actually be effective in battle.

edit: Change the fireship build time to be the same as Bireme

Change pop cost of Fireship to 10 instead of 8

As for the cost, it can remain the same because of the long travel time of Fireships and the inability to kill ports and cships

Abuse Prevention:
Not that I can think

Summary:
Basically, make the fireship a more effective unit by making a slight change to the order units defend in.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2663

I agree. this would make the fire ship an actually decent unit instead of a second rate one.

DeletedUser

i agree with this idea, would make people use the fireship unit. As currently the fact that attacking ships hit biremes first makes fireships useless

DeletedUser

I don't know if using fireships as the first line of defense is the way to go. They are meant as a last ditch effort to defeat an opponents navy, as was the historical usage. That being said, the fireship unit could use an update to make it more practical to use, ie that it will attack any ships that remain after the naval battle.

DeletedUser

At various points throughout history, suicide troops were used to soften up the enemy attack. However, either change would make fireships an effective unit, I guess which idea do you guys like better?

DeletedUser7784

i think this is good because right now i dont even have fireship researched in any of my cities. Thats because if you have biremes, why do you need anything else on defense, but since ls have 200 attack and biremes have 160 defense it would be better to have a fireship if they fought first

DeletedUser

At various points throughout history, suicide troops were used to soften up the enemy attack. However, either change would make fireships an effective unit, I guess which idea do you guys like better?

Yes, in different cultures suicide troops have been used to soften up the enemy. The ancient greeks though used them as a last resort. Ships were exceedingly expensive to build, not something you just threw out there. Athens almost did not have a navy to fight against the Persians with as the city council balked at the expense.

DeletedUser

Maybe we can have an option to send out the Fireships first, before you see the attack, so that they meet the enemy outside your harbor. It will be avalible to attack 10 minutes before they hit your city.

This time they can hit transports and CS if the support (LS, Tris, and even Birs) is wiped out.

DeletedUser

I agree with this. I never use fireships because in their current state, they really suck. Biremes are a lot a better to use in my opinion.

DeletedUser

we need like 25 more comments and 650 more views before this can be considered for a vote lol but is making steady progress so far, is a new idea. Please post your agreement if you agree so we can get this thing steamrolling :)

DeletedUser

i think that this is a great idea and would love to see it implimented

DeletedUser

Excellent idea! :D
Fireships are somewhat useless at the moment but with this idea implemented it would make them so much better

DeletedUser

Great idea, fire ships are really only useful now when you already know you're doomed. So few people research them. They should be adjusted in some way.

DeletedUser

i want a vote! get more comments and views i say... totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.