Gold Trading Discussion and Feedback Thread

DeletedUser36743

...We all need to be mindful of the price elasticity of supply and demand, a basic economic concept - if the gold users are all rebuilding 50 LS nukes then resources will run out, and the price for resources, following economic principles, should go up, thereby distributing gold to non-gold users who can use that gold to benefit themselves, thereby redistributing wealth - not creating a bigger divide between gold users and non gold users, as the recipients of the gold then have.... gold to use and become gold users.....

This is the crux of the idea to my mind....

We all need to find ways in which we can ensure peeps dont game the system....so as to keep it on an even keel

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is like America trading nuclear weapons to ISIS in return for wood, bricks, and a little bit of currency during war. It just shouldn't happen.

DeletedUser3613

I have been sending ppl gold for years and in return they send me the little dudes running around their towns, like that guy with the wheelbarrow !!! I love that guy, so busy looking !!! and them 2 little dudes in the corner of the harbor both apparently bashing a wall for no reason !!! dem guys

im not to fussed to be fair, if a player decides to spend real life moneyz on interwebz stones and sticks then more power to him !!! i would rather languish in 2000th place on a world but spend my money on fizzy dummys and beer to consume whilst getting my sticks and stones for free ;)

DeletedUser

I'll be interested to see what sort of lifespan this idea will have. Off hand I can't think of anything that would persuade me to spend real money on imaginary resources in "a stupid game". On the other hand I'd certainly try gold farming a few servers to try and generate gold for my main account, it would save me spending real money (at the expense, I have to say, of the majority of serious players on those servers trying to compete against the "wallet warriors" buying my resources). I see it as potentially giving me more gold for the small amount of money I'm willing to burn to play this game.

DeletedUser22940

I should sttess that if implemented as-is, bots will run rampant.
Black market sites will sell golded accounts at a 1:5 ratio
this is a level of botting that Inno hasnt had to face on Grepolis so far. When real money is to be made by botters, the stakes go up. Even well funded game producers struggle with this on a frequent basis.

DeletedUser

I should sttess that if implemented as-is, bots will run rampant.
Black market sites will sell golded accounts at a 1:5 ratio
this is a level of botting that Inno hasnt had to face on Grepolis so far. When real money is to be made by botters, the stakes go up. Even well funded game producers struggle with this on a frequent basis.
This guy knows whats up!

DeletedUser22115

So Kuriants has decided to return to this thread and say - Even though there is no point in saying that I will quit this game once this feature as the devs won't give a damn. But if you think about it this way there is over 100 posts on this and 50-80 are from different players with bad comments on this idea, the majority are great personalities on the forums, as many people Druvi tried to get more people active on the forums but to no prevail, so this feature will cause the forums to go from 450 active members to 350 members, and my opinion is bad idea but as I said who am I to the devs? A nobody? As is everyone else in this thread. Pay to win games always have bots and cheaters running rampant, have you seen games like evony? Bots and 100 account users are the normal thing on that game now due to the system, so there is no point in getting on my hands and knees and begging. But you will lose many great personalities on this forum, I dont consider myself a great personality but I will be discouraged to even bother coming back as it will just seem like I'm going to be shut down for opening my mouth about features like this as I have refrained this twice so the big bad ban hammer won't come out for expressing feelings. And that's the bottom line because Stone Cold said so

DeletedUser32250

I agree, almost every second update is a bad one. The game is changing too fast.
Inno! It's like scrapping Tw1 and making everyone play the sequel. Vets will be super unhappy.

Gold trading in my view is not the best idea you've come up with. 5 min farming with all the worlds gold to spend is a veteran players fav play style at the start of worlds but buying resources for a gold price will mean players who use gold a lot will be conquest ready within no time.

The idea of this game is patience, planning etc. Why speed it up with this feature?

Also, trading money is a very slippery subject if I'm honest. You invest in this game because you enjoy it, not so you can give your opponents an advantage too?!

DeletedUser20415

now some idiot is gonna come and tell us that our comments are destructive and if we really want to help we should tell them how to implement the idea, while everyone over here is shouting DO NOT implement it in first place

DeletedUser27128

One thing you can do.. DONT implement it on old servers, only on new ones. And there should be specific servers with gold trading in them, so maybe every alternate new server can have gold trading, that way everyone is satisfied?

DeletedUser32748

Just implement it if you buy gold you can use it on your account anywhere you sign in which ever world it is plus imagine making a 60+ Manti Nukes in a days. That would be fun:D I wish I was still playing this game.

DeletedUser32748

now some idiot is gonna come and tell us that our comments are destructive and if we really want to help we should tell them how to implement the idea, while everyone over here is shouting DO NOT implement it in first place

Had to say a comment to reply your comment

DeletedUser47403

This feature is not good. The players who used their real money to buy gold, will be the leaders. What about others? Nothing can be done for them. There will be mass quitting from Grepolis. There are also many people who oppose this. Please don't apply this feature.

DeletedUser25607

This gold-resources trading may also have some bright sides:
- more people will stay in-game (though many of them mostly for trading resources)
- non-gold users may get some gold for activating advisers (thus getting more competitive against gold users)

But probably some limitations could be reasonable:
- traded gold may be used only in the world, where resources were traded
- advisers should cost less - say 50 or even 30 gold instead of present 100
- doubling building speed should be made significantly more expensive (especially for troops). Say, 50-100 gold for buildings, 100-200 gold for troops
- maybe it makes sense switch this "trading feature" off during "Wonders race"

DeletedUser32748

It would be great to apply this feature for the following reasons:
1- Gold users will be able to use and distribute their benefit of Gold with others who have access of some resources. Therefore allowing them free Gold to utilize without the need to spend money.
2- The game as a practical Software and as a successful mean of entertainment requires certain upgrades in terms of servers to take the extra and extra high usage so where will this come from??? If everybody will play a free game where will the Manpower developing and maintain and troubleshooting the daily problems get their bread and butter??
3- If you wish for Fine dining you have to pay for it, if you want junk food you still pay for it, if you want Social welfare you did pay for it one day when you were working and paying taxes. So no such thing as free on this planet.
4- This is entertainment and might require some minor value added features that could be carried by a few and at the end everyone is free to do what he wants if you do not like it play something like free cell at least you do not have to pay for internet subscription fees:p

People stop crying foul and do not speak on behalf of Gold users they are the ones paying their Cash so why are you worried about how they spend it, they earned so they are the only ones who can say what they want to do or what is done with their own money.

Have a good Fitttttt:p

DeletedUser

1- Gold users will be able to use and distribute their benefit of Gold with others who have access of some resources. Therefore allowing them free Gold to utilize without the need to spend money.
2- The game as a practical Software and as a successful mean of entertainment requires certain upgrades in terms of servers to take the extra and extra high usage so where will this come from??? If everybody will play a free game where will the Manpower developing and maintain and troubleshooting the daily problems get their bread and butter??
3- If you wish for Fine dining you have to pay for it, if you want junk food you still pay for it, if you want Social welfare you did pay for it one day when you were working and paying taxes. So no such thing as free on this planet.
4- This is entertainment and might require some minor value added features that could be carried by a few and at the end everyone is free to do what he wants if you do not like it play something like free cell at least you do not have to pay for internet subscription fees:p

People stop crying foul and do not speak on behalf of Gold users they are the ones paying their Cash so why are you worried about how they spend it, they earned so they are the only ones who can say what they want to do or what is done with their own money.

we are not arguring about how much money you spend. we are stating that this would make gold to valuable and it would mean heavy gold players in the early stage of the game would be able to build a massive city before anyone else. we know inno has overheads but this is not the way.

DeletedUser23238

2 kind of people will buy gold for resources.Noobs(not serios ammounts) and 100 city players, who are willing to give up their dull world and would like to start their new worlds with a little gold advantage.

So this is not a problem.Noobs can sell max 1000,2000 or 3000 and when anybody reaches 100 cities that server is not very interesting for anybody.

DeletedUser27128

How long have you played may I ask????? There is no advantage in this.. gold users will always pay little gold for resources, and get nukes built up in a single day, and then hammer you again. And there will ALWAYS be someone who will think "oh! I am getting 1 gold for 10k wood! I should get some gold!"

-_-

DeletedUser34992

If Grepolis wants to implement this then i would have to say, just charge people for logging in, you will lose players that little bit faster,

i buy gold, but this is taking it too far, if i can get gold without spending money, i will.
in fact with this i will join a world and exchange resources for gold, when i have a mass of gold i can then join another world and play, no spending needed, its bad for players and bad for Grepolis.

all that would be required next is to be able to exchange ur gold for real money, then the game would be all about laundering money. . .

Please do not carry this on after the Beta, or i will most likely be 1 of a number of players that will leave.

DeletedUser32748

How long have you played may I ask????? There is no advantage in this.. gold users will always pay little gold for resources, and get nukes built up in a single day, and then hammer you again. And there will ALWAYS be someone who will think "oh! I am getting 1 gold for 10k wood! I should get some gold!"

-_-

Tried to play a few times but nothing serious just that every time i join a world i keep getting medals for being a victim. after being hammered after a couple of days. That is why I think you should have a poor player like me just build resources and exchanging it for Gold so I can build my defenses so I can protect myself;)