Grep downfall

• Thread starter DeletedUser5859
  • Start date

DeletedUser5859

hahahaha best standard message ever!! i would get so excited to use it!!! naw i think they said everyone advances.. i would go and look but i only have so much internet on my phone and im at like 95-98% :( so getting on just to refresh a few things and get off!

DeletedUser

Where do you all get off calling it NoE?

Do none of you know it's origin?
The correct abbreviation is NmE, because they liked it so.

DeletedUser

It goes back to Zeta, I picked it up there and it was NmE...
And to answer the poster of this thread:
No, it doesn't have to be like that, they clean up O55 and it's over... On Zeta an alliance from O65 disbanded them, which was unimportant in the beginning. In the beginning it was same like this NmE against The Secret and Elvis world Tour, they did a good job dismembering them and absorbing them even the coalition formed, when it seemed like they are gonna kill all, couldn't stop them. But the alliance from O65 which no one bothered grew, destroyed it's local enemies and was pacted with NmE at some point so they together destroyed The Secret and then NmE did their trick and started attacking the Dacia from O65, war broke out that lasted a century... Their propaganda was great from the beginning like here (and this I recall even there on Zeta wasn't their first server, they started on a different server or I am getting older and imagine things). Even when they started to lose it all, everyone on the forums thought they are still the best, until they disbanded (a short period of time they tried forming a greater alliance UNMEK was it's name ,as I recall, to try making a difference in the war, but then it divided into 3 alliances: NmE-big comeback at that time we were expecting a lot, Ladocan Core and one alliance which name escapes me. NmE then after some time disbanded for real cos they were losing and moral started to fall, all just cos of one weakness they had, but I have respect for them so I won't tell what it is... I think they corrected it 'till now anyway. So the war ended and Dacia after that didn't had any real problems in ruling Zeta, followed by 2nd place Ladocan Core with some of the greatest players, but still they are losing cities to Dacia so it became a boring world all the other alliances are... How to say? Unimportant.
So the point is there are infinite options on how things are going to turn out, we can never know for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It goes back to Zeta, I picked it up there and it was NmE...

It does, I played Zeta right in the beginning.
Also, I'm willing to bet these guys are just ripping of NmE's name, I don't recognize the public aristocracy.

And it was UNMEEK, not UNMEK.

DeletedUser

Well, yea, but mb they have changed tactics. A little low profile won't do any harm.

DeletedUser

The original NmE, the new NoE, they are calling it NoE out of respact more than anything else. No matter how well they do though, using the name is always going to have a little bit of stigma attached to it because the zeta one did so good. I am pretty sure these guys will do it justice but honestly they should have just let it rest in my opinion since they are more than capable of making their own name in this game and most of them have done so on other servers.

DeletedUser

The correct way was uNmEek but whose checking ;)

I just was 100% sure there was two "e"'s.

The original NmE, the new NoE, they are calling it NoE out of respact more than anything else. No matter how well they do though, using the name is always going to have a little bit of stigma attached to it because the zeta one did so good. I am pretty sure these guys will do it justice but honestly they should have just let it rest in my opinion since they are more than capable of making their own name in this game and most of them have done so on other servers.

I cannot believe they will do it justice.
Where's The Dink?
Where's Towel?

C'mon, they may be able to do well in game, but they do not have forum gods to battle, and they also have horrible personalities.

From what I've seen, most of the people in this forum in a "good" alliance have trouble stringing together a complex sentence.

DeletedUser

we call it NmE and we get stick for using the fabled abbreviation, we use NoE out of respect and we are now being disrespectful by not honouring the abbreviation. sigh, can't win...

DeletedUser

You are so unoriginal that you cannot create your own name, yet when it comes time to use an acronym you change theirs?

If you had any respect for the originals, you would dedicate your entire page to Towel, and get your entire forum alliance to hit up a highschool English class. It will help most of them.

Either stick to the original exactly, or make your alliance their fanboy club.
Then, I could call you NoEFanatics.

DeletedUser

we call it NmE and we get stick for using the fabled abbreviation, we use NoE out of respect and we are now being disrespectful by not honouring the abbreviation. sigh, can't win...

Of course not, that would be easy. I still think you should have been original, considering how none of you were in the original leadership of NmE.

In response to the OP, there is always a great, magnificent, premade. Some of them die. BS on kappa for instance (though they did a good job while they lasted :) Fought of a whole world). Then there are others that still exist. Some worlds don't have one. Pi doesn't. Problem because it's release got overshadowed by 2.0. At least, that's by best guess why.

DeletedUser

The correct way was uNmEek but whose checking ;)

Yea', you are an original NmE, now LC you have a hard time on Zeta :D The rest of the dudes I do not recognize, mb they changed names.

DeletedUser10984

Of course not, that would be easy. I still think you should have been original, considering how none of you were in the original leadership of NmE.

In response to the OP, there is always a great, magnificent, premade. Some of them die. BS on kappa for instance (though they did a good job while they lasted :) Fought of a whole world). Then there are others that still exist. Some worlds don't have one. Pi doesn't. Problem because it's release got overshadowed by 2.0. At least, that's by best guess why.
I was part of the late NmE leadership, and the premade was originally made by TommyKnight who was an original NmE.

DeletedUser

I was part of the late NmE leadership, and the premade was originally made by TommyKnight who was an original NmE.

I understood the leadership was just spartan fury and curly right now though. Also, Metalcore commented in this thread that TK wasn't an original member, and he never refuted the claim.

DeletedUser10984

In that context he was not one of them from Epsilon. Depending one how much is needed to be an original in your definition is the fine print there.

DeletedUser

You are so unoriginal that you cannot create your own name, yet when it comes time to use an acronym you change theirs?

If you had any respect for the originals, you would dedicate your entire page to Towel, and get your entire forum alliance to hit up a highschool English class. It will help most of them.

Either stick to the original exactly, or make your alliance their fanboy club.
Then, I could call you NoEFanatics.

Personally, I can think of a hundred good names that I've used or can think of. The title comes entirely from the person who wanted to create the alliance. And as Pythagorus said, we lose and are bashed whether we use NmE or NoE, so what's the point in caring when it is a battle already lost. Personally I use NmE, out of respect and because I, like them, like it more. I think it's a great acronym.

Don't judge the alliance as a whole on the poor English of a few individuals. Before this starts into an argument that we've already seen: We have fully acknowledged that NmE belongs to Towel and there have been clans/alliances by the same name in other games. We're not claiming to be the NmE, so I don't see the point in a meaningless argument that is literally worlds apart.

Personally, I don't see why people would see it as disrespectful where credit was given where credit was due. I didn't join because I wanted to be under the NmE banner - I could care less about the alliance name - I joined to play with my friends and other people I enjoy spending my Grepolis time with.

I understood the leadership was just spartan fury and curly right now though.

Because TK quit due to significant RL issues just prior to the release of Tau.

DeletedUser

ha, i had no clue that there was so much behind this. and i dont think that it matters what kinda name u chose for an alliance. obviously theres a lot of history behind this, but it will always come down to how good u r at the game.
all the talking is fun and games, and in a premade like this one u will have a lot of different personalities, some keep a low profile and others like to boast. (we also need to pass some time in this state of the game since we're all just a bunch of farmers ;))
dont attack ppl on their grammar or spelling, that's just low. not everyone on here was born in an english speaking country.
i joined this alliance because it has good players from different worlds, some of us even are enemies on the other worlds we play. it's like a pool of knowledge and a whole lotta fun. :) (too many drama queens on here tho..)

DeletedUser

it seems that the only people who are offended by the existence of this alliance are people who have no obvious connection to the original NmE, which is mildly amusing.

in his premade thread, tommy said multiple times that if anybody has a problem with the use of the name then he'd change it. nobody did. old NmE leaders like jj said it was fine to use the name, i'm not quite sure why anybody else would be taking offence (nor do i actually care about the offence which may be taken by other people who have nothing to do with it at all)

DeletedUser6810

Frankly, I couldnt care less what these morons have to say about NoE on Tau. We have never claimed to be NmE, we do have some old NmE members from across different worlds but we NEVER claimed to be them.

The reason we still hold the name NmE is out of respect for tommyknight, the alliance was HIS dream team, his idea and his baby. When he lost his poor wife the hole community felt it,. Unfortunetly none of us could be there to support him in RL but out of respect we decided to keep the alliance as Tommy wanted it.

Now, if you pansies have got a dam problem with us using a goddam name, Go complain in off topic where the rest of the losers of this game hang out because nobody here gives a dam.