Closed Grepo Quiz

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Quiz – Round 1 of 2

This is round 1 of a quiz comp that will continue into July. There will be a 2nd round in July. The total points for each round will be recorded and the final overall winners will be the players who received the most points in total. It is fine to enter only 1 round if you wish.

Round 1 will award 10 x100 land expansion tokens either to the top 10 or chosen at random if there is a tie.

After the 2nd round we will have overall prizes as follows:

1st 4000 Gold plus 100 Land Expansion
2nd 2000 Gold plus 100 Land Expansion
3rd 1000 Gold plus 100 Land Expansion
4th 1000 Gold plus 100 Land Expansion
5 x 50 land expansion for runners up

The gold will only be awarded at the end when all rounds have been played. I am trying to put some difficult questions in each round to see if we can genuinely get an overall winner.

Post your answers below, only you can see them. They can be edited until the comp closes but if you edit please add an additional post saying you have done so.

Round 1 of this competition will finish on 30th June at 4pm London time.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Hydna

Grepolis Team
ROUND 1
1. If you are in an alliance which takes 2nd place in a world and you are 3rd ranked within the alliance, how many artifact levels will you earn? 2 points

2. What benefit does the artifact ‘The Golden Fleece’ give you. 1 point

3. What is your favourite artifact and why? 2 points

4a. Athena's Cornucopia increases warehouse capacity. If you have 5 levels what is your maximum warehouse capacity? 2 points
b. What is the maximum capacity in a WW world where your alliance holds the Great Pyramid of Giza. 2 points

5. Which units must accompany a Colonisation for your colony ship to land? 2 points

6. This is a possible city build for Lightships:

Screenshot 2023-06-18 at 20.03.38.png
a) What is the maximum number of LS I can build with this city layout assuming I have 1 slow transport as an anchor but no other troops? Plow is researched but there are no other spell/token/other population benefits. 4 points for perfect answer, 1-3 points depending on how close.

b) What other actions/options could I use here to increase population and therefore Lightship numbers? Consider all endgames. 6 points

c) Which hero is the best for building LS? 2 points

7. Name all the speed boosts that can apply to a Colony ship. 6 points

8. You need one building at a specific level (or higher) to be able to participate in events. Which building is this and which level is required? 2 points

9. How many coins of war/wisdom do you need to level up a hero to 20 assuming no token/spell or artifact benefit? 2 points

10. The ‘loyal’ flightless birds and the jumping ‘birds’ who never fly share nesting grounds on island beaches. This has led to much squawking, clucking and beak bashing, the stealing of established nests and night disturbance for sleeping chicks. Both species exhibit aggressive and territorial behaviour patterns. Both apparently wish to conquer new territory above the clouds. Quite how they aim to achieve this (considering their joint lack of flight capability), remains to be seen.

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 17.19.19.png

Which eminent writer and ornithologist brought recent developments to our attention in this forum? 2 points

11. Post on this forum thread: https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index...re-a-mad-erm-i-meant-mod-posts.46770/page-915 1 point but if you make it to 150 then all those who participated get a bonus point. One random poster, who has also entered this comp, will receive a griffin token.

Maximum possible total 36 points

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Only 24 hours left to submit answers to round 1. Currently low entry so maybe you are not the experts you think! Considering the interest in the last comp identifying trees I wonder if you would all be better off going for walks!

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Ok competition closed, a bit of a disappointing entry level but really well done to everyone who tried and especially the group who got to 150! Theres actually only 10 participants so for this round everyone gets the 100 land expansion.

So answers to round 1:

1. If you are in an alliance which takes 2nd place in a world and you are 3rd ranked within the alliance, how many artifact levels will you earn? 2 points
Ans: 3 artifact info is here

2. What benefit does the artifact ‘The Golden Fleece’ give you. 1 point
Ans: Effect: Reduce heroes training coin cost by 1.2% per level.

3. What is your favourite artifact and why? 2 points
Ans: There are no right or wrong answers here. I was just interested in your views.

4a. Athena's Cornucopia increases warehouse capacity. If you have 5 levels what is your maximum warehouse capacity? 2 points
Ans: 32,436 Basically warehouse 28,100 + ceramics 2500 and plus 6% is 32,436. I allowed small differences to this if there was evidence that players understood the 3 elements.

b. What is the maximum capacity in a WW world where your alliance holds the Great Pyramid of Giza. 2 points
Ans: Now here I wonder if i was not specific enough with the question. Here I meant warehouse 45, plus ceramics 30,600 plus pyramid 1500 so 32,100 then add 36% for a level 30 cornucopia and the answer is 43, 656. There were some variations on this who clearly had the right idea so I have given the full points for within 500 and 1 point if you forgot the cornucopia benefit.

5. Which units must accompany a Colonisation for your colony ship to land? 2 points
Ans: Just a colony ship.

6. This is a possible city build for Lightships:
a. What is the maximum number of LS I can build with this city layout assuming I have 1 slow transport as an anchor but no other troops? Plow is researched but there are no other spell/token/other population benefits. 4 points for perfect answer, 1-3 points depending on how close.
Ans: - 375 and here I also allowed anyone within 5 to gain full points.

b. What other actions/options could I use here to increase population and therefore Lightship numbers? Consider all endgames. 6 points
Ans: Aphrodite (passive), land expansion, demolishing buildings, large temples, remove the slow transport.

c. Which hero is the best for building LS? 2 points
Ans: Aristotle

7. Name all the speed boosts that can apply to a Colony ship. 7 points

Ans: Research: Cartography (+10%), Set Sail (+10%)
Special Building: Lighthouse (+15%)
Heroes: Atalanta Lv 20 (+30%)
Tokens/Buffs: Boots Token (+30%)
Mythical Units: Sirens (Up to +100%)
Ares Large temple

8. You need one building at a specific level (or higher) to be able to participate in events. Which building is this and which level is required? 2 points
Ans: Senate level 3

9. How many coins of war/wisdom do you need to level up a hero to 20 assuming no token/spell or artifact benefit? 2 points
Ans: 1155

10. The ‘loyal’ flightless birds and the jumping ‘birds’ who never fly share nesting grounds on island beaches. This has led to much squawking, clucking and beak bashing, the stealing of established nests and night disturbance for sleeping chicks. Both species exhibit aggressive and territorial behaviour patterns. Both apparently wish to conquer new territory above the clouds. Quite how they aim to achieve this (considering their joint lack of flight capability), remains to be seen.

Which eminent writer and ornithologist brought recent developments to our attention in this forum? 2 points

Ans: @GoYutoPro (We are eagerly awaiting further updates on both species of squawking beak bashers!)
This one seemed to cause a lot of problems but in reality the reference to the clouds was a clue to Olympus and theres only one world open so Romvi forum and this post is the first one on the forum list. Penguins are flightless birds and But Women Never wing are the 'birds' that never fly.

11. Post on this forum thread: https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index...re-a-mad-erm-i-meant-mod-posts.46770/page-915 1 point but if you make it to 150 then all those who participated get a bonus point. One random poster, who has also entered this comp, will receive a griffin token.

Maximum possible total 37 points plus the possible bonus point

Hydna

Grepolis Team