Grepolis 2.0 New farming system! Discussion

DeletedUser13646

I think the problem here is that the new scheme is not fully and well explained. And from lack of information comes confusion.

As discussed the system is overly complex and removes the benefit of farming. Perhaps this is the intent. But this would totally change the strategy of the game.

I think the scheme deserves a better and fuller explanation before it can be understood.

DeletedUser

There is nothing complicated about the new system.
Station troops in a farming village.
Get resources.
More troops=happier farmers.
Upgrade farm=more resources.
Don't overthink it. The only person that is going to make it complex, is the player.

DeletedUser

one bad thing about this is it is a bit unrealitic. More troops= less happy, but if all games were just like real life, why play them?

DeletedUser

i like the fact that we can occupy a village and gain resources because of it, but it might get a little tedious to continuously click on the village in order to get the resources that have built up, especially if you are a large player and have a few dozen cities and are occupying several dozen villages. it might be more beneficial to the players and less time consuming if the shipments were delivered automatically once the resources have built up.

DeletedUser

good if they make a few additional strategic farming modifications like:

1~ you can build a warehouse to upgrade a village same as your city up to 6K storage

2~ military defend the warehouse you built to use as a resource trade center

3~ you can raid other players warehouses and kill military = (-) MOOD and revolts in the farm village

4~ better farming garrison is to use MILITIA from the 25 lvl FARM to station in the villages = less MILITIA to defend the cities

5~ best farming garrison is to allow up to LVL 40 FARM MILITIA over and above old LVL 25 FARM MILITIA to station in the villages = MORE MILITIA to garrison villages

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No one knows!! That question has been asked about 200 times please read the posts before asking as your question may have already been answered

DeletedUser13436

When dose this vestion come out

No one knows!! That question has been asked about 200 times please read the posts before asking as your question may have already been answered

It is coming out by the end of January.
It makes sence with World Wonders idea since alliances need to control entire islands and many players will themselfs have many cities on the same island.

DeletedUser

GREPO 2 FARMING
stack villages with a larger or smaller number of units than opponents
and then cause a revolt
killing all the garrisoned troops
your losses will be lower than opponents
you can bleed garrisons to death continually causing revolts
equal loss of resources for all just a way to make smaller cities die faster

DeletedUser

Until the specifics are known it's hard to judge how this change will impact.

The current farming system is AWFUL once you get above a few islands and needs some change (I would have removed the 15% max mood improvement cap and reduced the work by 75% at a stroke, but no matter).

Like an earlier poster, I demolish my Senate down to level 15 once my build is complete to free up pop. If I now have to build all those senates back up to level 25+ just to conform to the new farming system I probably won't bother.

I also take one city per island to maximise farm/city revenues. If there are to be significant advantages to sharing farms between multiple cities then my whole game strategy will be nerfed. And if the benefits of allied cities on your islands becomes significant then players may be forced into alliances as happens in Tribal Wars. I like being able to operate outside of an alliance and not having spam forums and 'team' demands.

I'll wait and see, but this really smacks of moving the goalposts. If it means a 'do over' on my build and strategy, which I've probably put hundreds of hours into then I simply won't bother. I'll find another time-kill that's already a finished product or join a chess club - at least I know that half-way through a game I'm not going to be told that pawns can NOW move backwards!

DeletedUser

I do some limited farming right now as it is and with this new system, it seems I will do even less.

I understand this is only a game, but it seems very unrealistic. Farming will require we send troops to a suicide assignment since they will not be able to return. And we also have to share the resources of the village with multiple occupiers?? NOT.

If we are required to establish a post on a village in order to gain resources, shouldn't we have the option of recalling the troops or defending it from other players who wish to gain those resources. Why not allow us to claim the village, upgrade it (as we do our poleis at this time) and leave the possibility of losing, or gaining, the village to another player like regular towns.

Maybe the farming villages could initially have their own militia and not make it so simple to take over. Once it is claimed, then the player has to keep tabs on the changing mood of the village and retain troops there (that can still be recalled to defend the city-state) to deter rebellion and have the resources automatically sent to the home-city.

Ho Hum...

Rumor has it Hades will be the new god, but it makes more sense to have Hephaistos as the new god in regards to polis building.

DeletedUser

This is gonna be so much more different and intersting than the old grepolis!

DeletedUser

How is the new farming system going to impact you when you have several cities on the same island? Will you still only be able to farm fully in one of them(why I used to shun this approach when I was small) or will you benefit from having several villas on an island with fully developed farms?

Is the maximum daily output for an island changed in anyway?

DeletedUser

Sound fine. And with the population problem, at one point and time you wont even need to farm at one point. I dont with my maxed citys just doesnt make sense to. So I think that if your a lower level it would be easier because i hate taking the time to send the army in Mu to the farming villages.

DeletedUser

Sound fine. And with the population problem, at one point and time you wont even need to farm at one point. I dont with my maxed citys just doesnt make sense to. So I think that if your a lower level it would be easier because i hate taking the time to send the army in Mu to the farming villages.

Not all people max cities... kills the nuke value.