Grepolis is a broken game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

i used to play TW with a premium account about 2 years ago. in the initial stages i found it ok to play without $$ but later on i found it necessary to keep the game on target

not sure about this game yet. still picking it up :)

DeletedUser

this game is about the same. Once you get like 20-30+ cities you need administrator to keep playing so your not playing 23 out of 24 hours a day farming and such.

But thats the way of the world. those with the cash give the rest a rash :D

I will note though that while most of you have kept things going nicely with this debate there are a couple that ran out of arguements and so went back to name calling and insults. I will be going through this forum on saturday and hope those that were nuts enough to post things in an insultive nature can clean up your posts.

DeletedUser

I am a business major so I can understand the need for a profit-generating feature in the game. If the game did not have gold for the players to buy, then they would have to make the game have a fee to play! So its your pick, have some people pay and get gold or you can pay every month!

DeletedUser

Not necessarily. There's a third option of earning through advertisement. Out of the three options (fee, buyable bonusses, advertisements in the game), I prefer the current gold system (i.e. buyable bonusses). It allows one to explore the game without the need to spend money or being harassed with annoying commercials. If one decides to like the game enough, then one can decide to spend some money to enhance the enjoyment.

DeletedUser

Not necessarily. There's a third option of earning through advertisement.

Worked on a game that had that before. Was the stupidest thing. You watch the timer go down and when you go to make your move a bloody advertisement popped up. I dont really see that one as an option unless your playing a lag.

DeletedUser

I did not say it was a nice option :D I just wanted to point out that there are more than two choices and that when all those choices are considered, Grepolis seems to have managed to find a decent balance. I personally prefer a gold system that is less intrusive, but I can see how that would be less appealing for a strategy based game.

DeletedUser

many games hav both, with an ad on the page for free ppl and no ads 4 members. the cost is actually very low, when put into context.

i paid about $40-50 i think for a year of TW membership, and i played every day for at least an hour usually (plus super tribe leadership :Angry: pain....). so its really very cheap longterm

DeletedUser21560

many games hav both, with an ad on the page for free ppl and no ads 4 members. the cost is actually very low, when put into context.

i paid about $40-50 i think for a year of TW membership, and i played every day for at least an hour usually (plus super tribe leadership :Angry: pain....). so its really very cheap longterm

i think its good as it is... gold do not give you a massive advantage over non gold users, it just saves you time...

yeah in the very start of the server it can give you a massive boost if you use alot of gold, but later when you get to a few cities its gonna cost you a million to keep using gold like that...

DeletedUser

i can imagine. looking at the cost the price seems to be much greater than old TW membership, so idk

DeletedUser

I'm in Westpoint and well for an alliance of 13 to be ranked 7 ABP, all I can say is byzantium is a sad excuse of a world. Grepolis lost potential players ever since MU and NU launched.PITY.

DeletedUser1405

Is this still being debated, sorry i read the rest of the thread again, it seems people are just posting for the sake of it.
What happened to having threads with discussions relevant to their titles.

DeletedUser

This is just another of those games you cannot win! It sucks, and is poorly done.

DeletedUser

true

Get enough people together willing to buy success and you can win the server before it's barely even started. Sorry NOOBS but all you've done is proven that this game is broken. Gold, gold, gold and probably a bot thrown in there too. You may have experience and possibly even real skills but you lose all legitimacy when the game is played this way. If this is just about who has the deepest wallets and the least scruples then you guys win. Congratulations.

this is very true....sadly

DeletedUser

since this topic has gone very dry I am closing it down. All it is, is a gripefest and offtopic tangents.

Status
Not open for further replies.