Grepolis Roadmap 2013 Main Feedback Thread

DeletedUser345

Inventory may cause people to sim other worlds to earn rewards to use on their main server.

Island quests sound very much like a suggestion I made in an informal conversation about making the game more interesting a while back.

Making Heroes transferable to newer worlds could be giving too much advantage to experienced players over newbies.

Losing some of the less popular buildings and technologies would be useful.... or simply add more.

People seem to diss fireships a lot for example but they can be made to work well.

Inventory doesn't carry over between worlds.

DeletedUser

like i have said, im not a fan of the whole heroes thing, but so far the things they have put in are nice. Hope to see heroes trashed :D

DeletedUser

Inventory may cause people to sim other worlds to earn rewards to use on their main server.

The inventory is specific to one world.

DeletedUser

Ah, didn't see Achille's response!

So, now you know that, has your opinion on the inventory changed?

DeletedUser32254

Want to change the game??

Drop the alliance caps, in at least some worlds, to 30. No more than 50 in all worlds over speed 1.
IMO this would be the single most effective, and easy, thing to do to address some of the concerns many have about the direction of the game. Perhaps, just to make it more difficult, suspend forum sharing in the 30 cap worlds?

You may also consider a "buy in" world or 2. Gold gets you in ( innogames gets paid) and maybe gets you a Captain for the game but no other gold can be spent. It would be interesting to see how many "elite" players we really have. ;)

On a personal note,, It would be nice if a more effective way could be found to weed out players with multiple accounts in one world.

DeletedUser29987

Why doesn't Grepolis just have a poll on each of these ideas.

I personally love the rebalance and the full window thing is alright, it adds that extra bit that people like.

However the heroes sounds horrible, as people say, more work, more time and more effort. Also, it'll ruin the theme of the game for me, it's a game in which wars are waged with 10's of 1,000's of units, not one or two heroes.

DeletedUser

i can see the future and its a land where even the noobs will rule the world the grepolis right now has more strategy involved making it too easy would be a shame and the units are good.
some points are good some bad...but will stick to it

DeletedUser

I am interested in all the changes. Reading over this thread makes me want to raise 2 points:

1.) The defender should always be at an advantage. Be it a bireme wall or any other method, from all I know of actual combat (mostly books about 18th and 19th century war :D) it is easier to hold a position than it is to take one. Defending is more passive than attacking. Let the attackers who are generally the most active players rack their brains coming up with strategies to defeat the turtles who need to be in the game so us attackers have a challenge!

2.) Keep Grepolis harsh. Let me say that again - KEEP GREPOLIS HARSH! It's fine that you can recreate your lost last city in Hyperborea, but never, never, never change the game so a player cannot be completely wiped out. The most unique part of Grepo is how ruthless it is. I've never come across a game where several months of effort could be completely undone in one week by a dedicated enemy. This exact situation happened to me on my first world, and it did not make me quit but made me want to get better. There should be definite winners and losers!

You want free lives, continues, and a guarantee you can make it until the end go play Bioshock! :pro:

DeletedUser

I wasn't a fan of the heroes at first glance, but I am definitely warming up to it and eagerly looking forward to it. Having island quests where you can earn a new currency, then use that to get hero's and level them up - yeah that's kool :)

DeletedUser

Sound - Useless
Inventory - nice addition
Win8 app - Useless.
Cost reduction - why, gold users already get a nice advantage, maybe give the caption and admin for free?
Island quests - Sound like fun, should add a nice new dynamic.
Hyperborea - not interested
Heroes - Really looking forward to this, hoping inno doesnt mess it up to much.
Mobile app - not a mobile player so kinda bugs me other players will get alerts all the time, but oh well.
Full screen - mehh
New daily reward - I like it
Trade relations - Could be cool
Rebalancing - Love this as long as they do it right, many units need upgraded as they are currently useless.
Enhanced graphics - mehh ok I guess, I dont play grepo for graphics though.
World wonder revamp - thank god, wonders are terrible.
Graphs and stats - could be interesting.

DeletedUser40401

The only thing I am concerned about is rebalancing,I believe the biggest changes will occur then,this needs to be done carefully...

DeletedUser5554

Stealing from Skully
  • Sound - Nice touch up but no real impact.
  • Inventory - Interesting twist and will have some impact. Useful update imo
  • Win8 app - Don't know don't care.
  • Cost reduction - Get what you can out of players who will quit dying worlds I guess.
  • Island quests - This should help out the new player but it really hinders them now anyone with experience can hit conquest in no time.
  • Hyperborea - Good for new guys who need to relearn the game.
  • Heroes - Skully is right this can go either way make sure it goes the right way.
  • Mobile app - This would be nice and i'd download it.
  • Full screen - That's nice but how's slowing down that world production coming along?
  • New daily reward - Okay?
  • Trade relations - I like it a lot. I wish there would be alliance partners though rather than players.
  • Rebalancing - If by this you mean slowing world productions then lets do it!
  • Enhanced graphics - Unneeded really but a nice touch.
  • World wonder revamp - If by revamp we're talking get rid of lets do it. Unless there is something that will add longevity to the world then ditch it now.
  • Graphs and stats - We have this...Many versions of this. This was something to do in 2010 not 2013.

DeletedUser

Yes yes and yes. The sounds are awsome by the way!

But please.. about the heroes.. NO! I don't want them! I am still playing this game because there is no heroe here!

And the stats.. nope.. useless.. we have grepostats..

DeletedUser

Most of the future additions look good. Only two of them make me pause: Build time reduction and Heroes.

Heroes, for the most part, in games of this sort become the sole focus for enhancing combat strength or other facets of the game. Especially since they can be leveled, I fear they would become a money pit. The ability to take them with you to new servers opens up too many ways for the rich to get richer. I can see now new alliances on new servers with restrictions on joining to only those with a good, leveled hero set.

I will admit to having very little experience in this game so far but Grepolis seems to be the most fair premium supported game I've played. And while new players will always be at a disadvantage, please don't widen that gap even further.

Ra-Ceren

Phrourach
Here is an idea for possible future development in the game that I originally posted elsewhere. I hope you will consider it.

I myself very much like the idea of having landmasses on the map. BUT, it is hardly important that the map or maps specifically reflect the ancient world. I tend to think that there should be up to 5 different maps that are randomly selected for new worlds but, not corresponding to the actual world. A little imagination and creativity would go a long way to improving the game and allowing the players of a specific world to explore their world. All major landmasses should lie around the outer edges of each map (perhaps, a few peninsulas that jut into the center a bit). Larger rivers should also be taken into account for sea-travel inland. And it wouldnt hurt to add 5 or 6 large islands in the center (i.e. Crete, Cypress, etc). Lastly, cities that lie on the larger islands should produce resources 10% faster and cities on the mainland should produce resources 25% faster than the normal cities on the small islands (But, all players should always BEGIN their games on those smaller islands in the center of the map, just as they do now). I think you will find that this set-up will propel players outward rather, than always squabbling over the center of the map. That gets abit dull. I hope that this sounds like a tempting prospect for you game developers out there. Thanks for your time.

Chephren.

DeletedUser

Can you please consider optimization for touchscreen tablets? The game is very playable on my surface pro from work, but if you could possibly add the ability to resize the top left menubar similar to current ability for resizing the bottom menubar it would make this game fully functional on a tablet. i find myself accidentally clicking the notes button dozens of times a day as i cycle though my cities.

Other than that please keep the improvements coming! The ability to vote for feedback on upcoming projects has shown an impressive willingness to recognize your customers and focus your devs on things that matter and give you better ROI.

DeletedUser

Addition

Here's an idea for the developers. Let's consider making it more piratical. The current trade system involves resources moving in time, but not on the map. Maybe make trade more complicated by piracy! Make people move resources on transport ships and make it so that there is an option to intercept on a city that is receiving resources from another. Have players use offensive ships to attack transports of resources. Also, spy reports could indicate if support or trade missions are going one way or the other from a given city to make spying more interesting. If a player could see a transport of resources with a spy, they could quickly launch a piracy attack on the ships and if they were able to intercept, they could haul off the transports of the enemy and all the resources! That would make trade a lot more risky and a lot more like trade in the ancient world. Just a thought, but have at it if you get the idea and like it!

Edit: Also, people would want to send some form of fighting ships with their transports to protect against piracy attacks! This would increase the complexity and realism of the game without making it less fun. In fact, people might very much enjoy acting more like ancient pirates!

Also, this idea could be expanded to allow sniping of support, attacks, and CS at sea rather than just before or after they land as the current system works.

:pro:

Last edited by a moderator: