Passed Heroes

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 69 78.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 21.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2795

quite a while I imagine, probably not until like at leas the 1.25 update, if at all

DeletedUser6029

over all I like it. I agree with the comments about the negatives, but overall, I think it would add a certain depth to the game. Yes, I think I like this one.

DeletedUser

Will they fight
and if they do when they die do the effects end when they die or does a new one just spring up
also if they don't fight shouldn't they add some culture points since they are heros

DeletedUser

maybe you could send your hero out on labours(see heracles). while he and his troop of loyal warriors you so thoughtfully provided are out and doin stuff, all the hero effects are reduced signifcantly.

if your dude comes back with his shield, you have a benifit that would fit the labour, ie, you go and kill medusa, you bring back a medusas head and you hang it on your wall and negate five percent of attacking ground troops. if you kill the stymphalian birds, you have a temporary increase in max pop for a week as you can feed peeps on the birds. if you get the golden fleece, you hang it in a tree and your pop and timber production increase, because they're living things, and that is basically the effect of the fleece. if you kill the minotaur/cretan bull, your ground units would be five percent faster, because they would have been knocking around in the labyrinth, and compared to that, navigating a field is easy. im blanking on any other labors or quests that the greeks did, but you get the idea, right?

IF your dude comes back on his shield, the massive funeral games thrown by the barbarians to celebrate... i mean mourn the passing of your hero advance you a CP (if the olympics will do that, so can funery games)

the probalbities of the outcome of the labour should depend on the heros experience ( if it should go up because it aint his first party, or down, because how many times does one dude really need to risk his life doin somethin stupid?, or some combination thereof, or something i jst am not seeing, i dont know), the troops you send along, and the labor itself. oh, and whether or not the guy before him did in the line of duty. telling a guy that does absolutley nothing for his confidence. sorry i cant be more help, but i have no idea of the dificulties/impossiblies involved in this.

i just think that this could be a further interesting twist: do you risk the reward of sponsoring a great and mighty warrior on the possiblity of even greater rewards, or are you content with your useful hood ornament?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Maybe make it when you select one to reduce favour production for the god to bring them to the city maybe less resources are an option instead of favour :)

DeletedUser

I like the idea, and I understand your logic of balance in the positives and negatives to each hero, I don't think that should be the case though. I feel that such an item would have to give MORE of a positive than a negative, yes some do that, but I think the negatives are a bit much. Every item is supposed to help your civilization, in some cases it would be more detrimental and some cases it would be a large help. I would strongly suggest this be put into the game assuming that the positives were increased just a bit or the negatives were not so detrimental.

Just my $.02

DeletedUser2795

I think that the idea should not be changed form how it is now

DeletedUser

Very good idea but i do think some of the negative effects can be a bit harsh in some cases.

I also point out some inconsistencies with your visual aid and your write up. *-50% resources, o.0 Dislike*.

The visual aid was made before any changes were made. If I ever feel like it, I'll update the visual aid.

Will they fight
and if they do when they die do the effects end when they die or does a new one just spring up

No, they will not fight. I thought of making heroes like the "paladin" in tribalwars, but then this idea would become too complicated with how the hero would interact in battle and everything. I think this idea is as simple as I can make an idea.

--------

I've made some changes to the positives and negatives.

DeletedUser

The addition of Disadvantages make it pointless to have a hero. And its not like we will be sending them into battle unless that comes with them.

DeletedUser

1: I wouldn't want them if they were just a stratigic upgrade and not warriors like they are meant to be-You could make it like they have + attack against myth and are normal against soilders except for a slightly higher attack

2: You could make them weak to units that killed them like achilles is weak to archers or even in the other way the cyclops is weak to odysseous and excetra

3: Thanks for quotin' me lol

4: I still like the consequenses and advantages except make them less severe

DeletedUser

I think it's a great idea. i'll probably go with Jason so I can get more silver.

DeletedUser

1: I wouldn't want them if they were just a stratigic upgrade and not warriors like they are meant to be-You could make it like they have + attack against myth and are normal against soilders except for a slightly higher attack

2: You could make them weak to units that killed them like achilles is weak to archers or even in the other way the cyclops is weak to odysseous and excetra

3: Thanks for quotin' me lol

4: I still like the consequenses and advantages except make them less severe
Well, yes I think it would be nice if they were actual units, but this is at least a step in the right direction.
Quoted again :p
What do you mean by less severe. I think they are fine, it's mainly the fact that these guy's don't do anything else. Besides, how is like a 10%bonus big?

DeletedUser

still think it's an awsome idea :D and can be updated to all worlds :D (programming wise) but more easily add to new worlds :rolleyes: as usual

DeletedUser2795

no, existing worlds should never get game-changing features added

DeletedUser

i'm sayin' the concequences were to severe the bonuseseses are fine

and yes quoted twice lol

DeletedUser

I like the idea just as it is now. I think this will out very well, plus add some more flavor to the game.

DeletedUser

Or here's a quick thought, the hero allows you to train a special type of human unit. I don't know if that if to game changing, but it's a thought. The heros that have not so great advantages have a better troop, and vice versa. Yet again just a thought.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure if that is building on this idea or starting a new one but, let's say Achilles was your Hero, his Human unit would be the Myrmidons, his elite warriors, and Jason's would be The Argonauts.

Status
Not open for further replies.