Inactive Topic Idea ~ Stupid Militia

DeletedUser

Sorry but completely disagree with this.

The militia re- balances the defender/attackers it always has to be easier to defend then attack in the game and i think the militia the way it is adds a different dimension and tactic to deal with.

DeletedUser

Perhaps then, it would be better to add BP to militia, at a reduced rate. For example, for the 300 militia killed, you receive 50 BP. that's 1BP for every 6 militia. Seems fair to me, and it gives the attacker more reason not to avoid the militia.

The defenders keep the current militia, and the attacker gets a reward for killing them, if he/she is able.

DeletedUser

Perhaps then, it would be better to add BP to militia, at a reduced rate. For example, for the 300 militia killed, you receive 50 BP. that's 1BP for every 6 militia. Seems fair to me, and it gives the attacker more reason not to avoid the militia.

The defenders keep the current militia, and the attacker gets a reward for killing them, if he/she is able.

I may be wrong, but I thought you already got a very small amount of bp for killing militia. Not enough to be worth it, but something.

DeletedUser

Gaining BP for militia has been previously mentioned in the ideas section, and never passed. It's difficult to justify gaining BP from them since they contain no farm space consumption, and even if conceded; would still make them annoying. People also argued too much over just how much BP you could gain, ranging from every second to every tenth militia killed.

Enlisting militia can hardly be considered a tactic, it should be more accurately described as a free means to gain DBP and damage the attackers troops, which already have lower values than defensive troops have defensive values (add in wall, tower, research, spells, biremes, etc...)

Militia should be a last-ditch defense, not something you can bring out every few hours at the click of a button. Having the added difficulty of training them is actually a decent idea since it prevents the current abusive use of them, requiring a bit more activity to consistently bring them out, or relying on other means to protect your cities.

DeletedUser20429

Wasn't there already an idea that got passed about BP from militia?? I swear there was as I posted in it numerous times

DeletedUser

another no for wave

Another no for wave?

I've come up with 12 ideas, in the past month or so. 6 are so far in the running, while 3 or 4 are unstable.

Yes your ideas are really up to standard... Oh wait? You have ideas? That would be news to me. Your ideas are just pathetic additions to Grepolis that have no critism, because they don't change anything significant.

My ideas are revolutionary NEW! Some may be a bit ambitious, but what I am trying to do is change Grepolis for the better, you on the other hand, are just a moaner who tries to find fault with the new while reinforce the old.

And as I stated in my first post, no trolling it doesn't help anyone. Read the bloody idea before commenting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17103

i have the same view point as kanga rufly.. :p
early on in the game militia makes quite a big difference, but i haven't activated it in the last year or something :p but yeah i don't mind whether it is implemented. i think that it would make the game more realistic in terms of respawning though so i'm going for yes :)

btw to people who are saying how unrealistic it is cos the defenders have the advantage? i think this is exactly as it should be, i mean isn't that the whole point of fortifying a city? :L

DeletedUser

in my opinion the Defender already has to many advantages over the attacker so to me this is a great idea

DeletedUser

id rather not see this implemented tbh, its a good idea though

DeletedUser

In favor, though they should only replace the militia that were lost fighting. So if you had 375 and you lost 103 then you'll still have 272.

DeletedUser

In favor, though they should only replace the militia that were lost fighting. So if you had 375 and you lost 103 then you'll still have 272.

That is a good point, and if a player is active; that means they can re-train them quicker than the present system.

DeletedUser29371

The problem with militia is that they are ''exploited''

I mean sending army away from polis spending all resources and enlisting militia for free DBP every 3h is exploit period.

But its something innogames obviously wants to ovrlook so noobs get atleast some satisfaction.

What i personally propose is militia should be lowered defense Blunt (2) Sharp(1) Range(1) everything else leave intact.

Its the easiest solution and with the amount of militia you can get (250+) thats still decent defense.

I just dont see how a hundred farmes with 25 swordsmen can kill 80+ hoplites when they go into phalanx ... its unrealistic and ruining early game ....

For example me and my friend are now at 2400 points roughly and we have around 200 offensive units (well a little more but we consider horsemen farm units mostly) and we are afraid of hitting on people with 800-1600 points cos well they will remove army enlist militia and hide resources = ill loose 50+ hoplites or 30+ slingers for nothing... so we have to observe and check when they usually sleep.

If this is meant to be grepolis thing thats really saddening. i was hoping for some awesome battles not boring militia fight after 2h sailing.

DeletedUser29371

or even a better idea.

you can ONLY active as much militia as you have ''free population'' and make it 6h cooldown. Then obviously leave defenses intact

(and remove less res per hour gained)

DeletedUser

I personally like militia as it is now. Militia forces attacking player not just throw his troops on city in the near - but be more intelligent, determining offline time of opponent, using spies, some kind of techniques for determining if opponent is online, etc.

With current options like 10 militants pro farm level (15 if City Guard researched), no BPs for killing militia, it seems to be ok. Though i would even advocate removing farm levels limitation (now level 25 if i'm not wrong) for militia size - it's natural that bigger city should demand bigger militia to protect and also bigger army to conquer.

DeletedUser29371

I think that this complicates the game a bit.

the game is already complicated and exploited with current militia and innogames refuse to fix the problem.

I never saw army leave the walls and let militia fight the city on purpose...

Another solution is that if there is less than 50% of actual troops than militia in town when attacked all population looses morale so production is lowered for 6h

Militia should be there to add the defense not defend alone. simple as that.

DeletedUser29371

I personally like militia as it is now. Militia forces attacking player not just throw his troops on city in the near - but be more intelligent, determining offline time of opponent, using spies, some kind of techniques for determining if opponent is online, etc.

With current options like 10 militants pro farm level (15 if City Guard researched), no BPs for killing militia, it seems to be ok. Though i would even advocate removing farm levels limitation (now level 25 if i'm not wrong) for militia size - it's natural that bigger city should demand bigger militia to protect and also bigger army to conquer.

that is exactly the problem of militia currently.

Because it forces players to investigate when is the player online... thats the wrong direction, it should instead force defender to not send army away from town when he is offline

Id rather see militia removed and defense bonus of wall goes up to 200% and tower adds 25% so 225% total