Inactive Topic Idea ~ Stupid Militia

DeletedUser

it should instead force defender to not send army away from town when he is offline ...

It's not correct. If you leave offensive troops in your city when you're offline - there are all good chances troops will be killed and attacker gets very many cheap BPs killing your offensive.

I consider dodging (online and also offline) as very important part of game and necessary skill for every good player. And just cannot see what should motivate experienced player not dodge his offensive troops during incoming attack.

DeletedUser29371

It's not correct. If you leave offensive troops in your city when you're offline - there are all good chances troops will be killed and attacker gets very many cheap BPs killing your offensive.

I consider dodging (online and also offline) as very important part of game and necessary skill for every good player. And just cannot see what should motivate experienced player not dodge his offensive troops during incoming attack.

Ok fair enough then change so if enemy kills everything in your city there should be some penalty for that... you cannot slaughter every soldier and militia in your city and be left with 0 resources and 0 BP....

this is ruining most of the fun currently from grepolis for many players.

There needs to be an INCENCITIVE to defend your polis at all costs... especially on morale active worlds...

You should NOT be able to spend resources below hidden amount cap enlist militia move ALL troops away and get free 20+ BP and the only setback for you as defender would be -50% resources for 3h...

This is not enough penalty PERIOD.

now there are alot of solutions posted even by me (the easiest i still think is simply reducing militia defense to 1 for every attack type) its just not fun or skill definition if i spy on you see 50 swords send 100 hoplites you click to log in see hoplites still 2h away send swords away enlist militia and laugh...

this is NOT skill its just being able to log in all the time aka being a ''nolifer''

Or another idea...

if enemy slaughters all your units in town they proceede killing your farmers/miners ... and your production is reduced by 50% for 6h

That would make defenders think twice before dodging attacks even when they have archers/swords

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

now there are alot of solutions posted even by me (the easiest i still think is simply reducing militia defense to 1 for every attack type) its just not fun or skill definition if i spy on you see 50 swords send 100 hoplites you click to log in see hoplites still 2h away send swords away enlist militia and laugh...

this is NOT skill its just being able to log in all the time aka being a ''nolifer''...

No, it's still skill. If you determine offline time of opponent - you may be pretty sure that he'll be offline when you send your attack that time. Ok, he can be online that time too (say it will be probability 20% of it - if he's online during his normal offline time only 1 of 5 days) and you should also include that in your calculations if it worth attack or not.

I can hardly imagine situation when your hoplites spend 2 hours attacking city on your island (even with speed 1 for troops movement it still will be 1 hour maybe a bit more maximal). And also if you have to send hoplites far away from you - send them attack in transports.

DeletedUser29371

No, it's still skill. If you determine offline time of opponent - you may be pretty sure that he'll be offline when you send your attack that time. Ok, he can be online that time too (say it will be probability 20% of it - if he's online during his normal offline time only 1 of 5 days) and you should also include that in your calculations if it worth attack or not.

I can hardly imagine situation when your hoplites spend 2 hours attacking city on your island (even with speed 1 for troops movement it still will be 1 hour maybe a bit more maximal). And also if you have to send hoplites far away from you - send them attack in transports.

haha

So basically for you being able to be logged in 24/7 = skill?

Ok now let me tell you 1 island nearby a 1600 pointer i am 2250 pointer... our alliances are at war... i check activity, i send attack at 7am local... travel time 2h 21 min NEARBY ISLAND it is other side of the island though.... spy reports 25 swords 25 archers 39 hoplites... and around 2000 each resources i send 200 slingers.

bam attack hits 120 militia killed and 1 archer, 45 slingers dead, 0 resources taken. 2h 21 trip home.

Fair enough i was unlucky. I decide i will WAKE up in the middle of the night to surprise him... i wake up at 4 am (so 5h 20 min ) before i attacked him 2 days ago) send same force BAM almost identical result.

ok so ill attack in the afternoon now, maybe he is from australia huh?

I launch attack at 5pm local UTC+2 result? the same.

So you consider me loosing 120+ slingers getting 2-3 ABP and 0 resources then obviously being a noob because the guy is online like almost every part of the day and is a pro?

to sum up...

3003 silver spent around 14h troops on trips lost 120 slingers

What did i get? 2-3 ABP 0 resources

What did he get? 120 DBP and 9h of -50% production so lets say he lost what 1000 of each resources?

Pretty even must say ...... NOT.....

DeletedUser

haha

So basically for you being able to be logged in 24/7 = skill?

Ok now let me tell you 1 island nearby a 1600 pointer i am 2250 pointer... our alliances are at war... i check activity, i send attack at 7am local... travel time 2h 21 min NEARBY ISLAND it is other side of the island though.... spy reports 25 swords 25 archers 39 hoplites... and around 2000 each resources i send 200 slingers.

bam attack hits 120 militia killed and 1 archer, 45 slingers dead, 0 resources taken. 2h 21 trip home.

You don't need to be "24/7" player to determine offline time of your opp. And also to attack during his offline time.

Concerning your example, sending troops on neighborhood island only to attack (if it's not revolt attack or conquer) - is not really good idea. Well, i've also sent such attacks sometimes - but i was very sure that opp on the island will be offline next 4-5 hours (and normally he was). But such attacks with land troops (that can be killed by militia) - are always exception.

DeletedUser29371

You don't need to be "24/7" player to determine offline time of your opp. And also to attack during his offline time.

Concerning your example, sending troops on neighborhood island only to attack (if it's not revolt attack or conquer) - is not really good idea. Well, i've also sent such attacks sometimes - but i was very sure that opp on the island will be offline next 4-5 hours (and normally he was). But such attacks with land troops (that can be killed by militia) - are always exception.

But thats not the point, the point is that every player that can log in every 2h to check reports is potentially INVINCIBLE until attacker gets revolt/conquest

And that is a game mechanics CORE problem that should be adressed asap.

thats all.

Ps: For example my Leader logs in every HOUR, he has wake up timers and alarm clocks set... so there is NO CHANCE of attacking him and him not knowing that.

DeletedUser

But thats not the point, the point is that every player that can log in every 2h to check reports is potentially INVINCIBLE until attacker gets revolt/conquest

For 99.9999% players here - it's not possible log in every 2 hours. You know, people need sleep sometimes. :)

If there is somebody who never sleeps and always activates militia when you attack him - just find another target for your attacks. There are plenty other players around. :)

P.S. If player needs log in every 2 hours to protect his troops (like dodge during incoming attacks) - he's just poor player who doesn't know how dodge troops during his offline time.

DeletedUser29371

For 99.9999% players here - it's not possible log in every 2 hours. You know, people need sleep sometimes. :)

If there is somebody who never sleeps and always activates militia when you attack him - just find another target for your attacks. There are plenty other players around. :)

P.S. If player needs log in every 2 hours to protect his troops (like dodge during incoming attacks) - he's just poor player who doesn't know how dodge troops during his offline time.

An exploitation is an EXPLOITATION regardless of the amount of people using it... as long as its atleast 1 it should be fixed asap.

Saying choose a different target is not solution

DeletedUser

An exploitation is an EXPLOITATION regardless of the amount of people using it... as long as its atleast 1 it should be fixed asap.

Saying choose a different target is not solution

I personally don't think militia (as it's now) is somehow wrong or exploitative. Militia is just a feature that makes small player not tasty for farming by large player. At least while small player is online.

Small/not active enough players cannot have so many defensive troops as active aggressive attacker normally has - and here militia is in place.

And when you describe your problem like robots who log in every 2 hours every day (sounds like a pure nonsense for me) - to choose a different target is a very good solution. :)

DeletedUser29371

I personally don't think militia (as it's now) is somehow wrong or exploitative. Militia is just a feature that makes small player not tasty for farming by large player. At least while small player is online.

Small/not active enough players cannot have so many defensive troops as active aggressive attacker normally has - and here militia is in place.

i fully agree... thats why, i propose increasing militia CD to 9h and same -50% res per h to 9h aswell.

That will give little to no difference for inactive players but will play a huge part to active players potentially exploiting this abillity

What i want and what militia should be... is LAST RESORT defense when everything you had is dead. Not something you use to annoy enemy and keep your units safe and get free DBP.

DeletedUser

Id rather see militia removed and defense bonus of wall goes up to 200% and tower adds 25% so 225% total

That is an even worse suggestion. Grepo is already heavily skewed toward the defender. They don't need any more bonuses.

DeletedUser29371

That is an even worse suggestion. Grepo is already heavily skewed toward the defender. They don't need any more bonuses.

Its better to loose 80% troops killing 50 units than loosing 30% units killing 100 militia, so think about it.

that way defender has incencitive to keep their BATTLE POINTS units in town so we both take losses

DeletedUser

Its better to loose 80% troops killing 50 units than loosing 30% units killing 100 militia, so think about it.

that way defender has incencitive to keep their BATTLE POINTS units in town so we both take losses

This makes sense during early game. But after a few months, you're really going to notice that change in wall level. You won't be clearing 50 units in a city, you may have to clear a couple thousand.

DeletedUser29371

This makes sense during early game. But after a few months, you're really going to notice that change in wall level. You won't be clearing 50 units in a city, you may have to clear a couple thousand.

you are right increasing cooldown or reducing defense values against all 3 type of attacks seems the only 2 logical solutions really.

increasing cooldown to 12h would be best and keeping them like they are as then they are the last resort option.

or keep the cooldown and lower to defense value 2 for blunt/sharp and defense value 1 for distance so slinger eat them even easier.

DeletedUser20429

Just keep the wall the way it is for crying out loud! It's had that many suggestions it isn't funny and people wonder why they are shot down as soon as they are posted. IT'S because the defender already has a BIG defence bonus from the wall when it's at lvl 25 + Tower.

I will now tell you a story:

I had an account in World Phi. Anyway I was kicked out of an alliance due to some issues that I didn't like and attempted to change. Anyway so I have a 9k point city. I have a lvl 20 wall with 14 cerberus and a ton of archers plus swordsmen and other units. So this guy named Jiping attacked me from a 10k point city with 900 slingers. I lost 0 cerberus and 20 archers plus a couple of swordsmen. and he lost almost 1000 slingers in one go. Now that is 1k BP in one attack. It fed my VP's for AGES. I held out against 2 whole alliances for 2 weeks but eventually was overwhelmed and I lost the city. They also never bothered to knock the wall down either which gave me even more BP.

Now do you understand the point of the wall and how powerful it is?

DeletedUser

Anyway so I have a 9k point city. I have a lvl 20 wall with 14 cerberus and a ton of archers plus swordsmen and other units. So this guy named Jiping attacked me from a 10k point city with 900 slingers. I lost 0 cerberus and 20 archers plus a couple of swordsmen. and he lost almost 1000 slingers in one go.

I think it was just your dream. :)

Checked it in simulator - if you had 14 cerbers and say 1000 archers + 1000 swords behind wall level 20 - you still lose 108 archers + 108 swords + 2 cerbers against 900 slingers (with normal morale and luck). :)

DeletedUser29371

we still did not solve the problem and this problem should be fixed asap.

Basically untill you get CONQUEST researched you cannot fight anyone who chooses not to fight and is active enough.

Every player should have incencitive to defend his polis (especially if its 1 only) not spend resources send army to seaside and enlist militia for free DBP

DeletedUser

... That is a problem that occurs to a larger extent without this idea being implemented...

What is your point?

This idea blunts the effectiveness of enlisting militia, and therefore makes it less hard for the attacker.

This idea still gives an advantage to active one city players, which I believe is right. But blunts the current effectiveness of militia in the early stages of the game.

DeletedUser29371

... That is a problem that occurs to a larger extent without this idea being implemented...

What is your point?

This idea blunts the effectiveness of enlisting militia, and therefore makes it less hard for the attacker.

This idea still gives an advantage to active one city players, which I believe is right. But blunts the current effectiveness of militia in the early stages of the game.

the main problem is that IF a player is active aka logging in for 16h a day each hour atleast, it is more or less IMPOSSIBLE to fight his army UNLESS he decides so.

So basically since day when BP goes off i cannot have ''any'' battles unless

1. i am lucky and catch him offline (which is mainly possible only if he lives in 3-4h+ timezone +/- from my own.
2. he is a newb and enlists militia while leaving troops in city

The only thing i think it should be fixed is INCENCITIVE for every player to GUARD and PROTECT his city AT ALL COSTS. I mean if enemy attacks city have you ever saw regular army taking a hike to seaside while local militia fighting alone? Its a flawed exploitable concept.

And its 3:1 ratio in favor of the defender while it should be only 3:2 or 2:1....

why 3:1.... explanation follows

Attacker wastes;

1. time of his attack to land and return so a couple of hours usually
2. units he lost for nothing to militia giving ''free'' DBP to enemy
3. all resources and time again to make those units

Defender wastes:

1. 3h 50% less resources

While we definetly cannot take 1 ''penalty'' from attacker away cos all need to be there, it is easy to add 1 more penalty to defender using this exploitation.

easiest implementations:

1. reduce effectivness of the militia
2. increase cooldown on militia and thus reduced resource gains to 9h atleast
3. only allow 50% of troops in city to be militia when enlisted (so if you defend with 50 swords and summon militia you can get max 50)

DeletedUser

easiest implementations:

1. reduce effectivness of the militia
2. increase cooldown on militia and thus reduced resource gains to 9h atleast

These are already part of the proposed idea in question. Your third rule is unnecessary, especially if I had to defend a city dedicated to naval units. Land nukes and walls could abuse that concept by enlisted a ridiculously large amount and then removing your actual soldiers from the city.

I do agree that it is an unrealistic and even ridiculous idea that the cities units go out sailing while their towns people defend from incoming attacks, but I wouldn't want my land or LS nukes at the very least to be locked-down in a city if I had to enlist them.