Passed Improvement: Aid for "Colour-Blind Players"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser42393

Dear in-game Mods, Mods Co-Managers...
For those which don't like reading, the BOLD is basically summing the whole text..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

This idea needs looking into, and developing.
I don't want to wait for everyone to comment until there's 100+ likes, or whatever.

Liked, or not commented on doesn't matter, this is technically a disability, and I need to see what on earth I am doing.

If I ever wanted to run an alliance, I would need to see these colours.

-Just making this message stand out to you guys, as you're the ones that I AM WAITING FOR in order for this idea to advance to it's next stages. Otherwise, I'll have to run the idea to InnoGames somehow.

+Rep me, -Rep me it doesn't matter, I need to see properly like everyone else.
I'll keep on pushing this idea until it's brought to a seniors attention and I know that it's either passed or failed.

P.S.
I'm not giving up.

P.P.S.S.
HOW can this idea not have been implemented since the 'original, boring post' was created : 03.03.13, 19:02

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38224

It's probably going to be at least a few months before this has a chance of being passed to the devs, and then you just have to wait for it to be implemented, which might not ever happen.

DeletedUser42393

It's probably going to be at least a few months before this has a chance of being passed to the devs, and then you just have to wait for it to be implemented, which might not ever happen.

I'll keep on pushing until it's done. It's already approaching half a year, it's more a necessity and shouldn't need to be voted in my opinion. This is an idea which should have been included from the beginning of Grepolis, and should have been voted for 5 months ago.

And I guarantee it will be implemented, I am sure Innogames would like to balance the game in this way, it's also going to use minimal development.

There's absolutely no reason why Innogames would leave this "idea" / necessity.

DeletedUser

Although I am not color blind, sometimes all I see is red, even when it's green, it becomes red sometimes.. naah I'm just kidding, I always have tendencies to click on the attack button :D

I think this is a very good idea, also a very considerate one. Everyone deserves a chance to enjoy this game with minimum misconceptions :)

+ Rep to depraved..

EDIT: Hmm, not sure how fast will the developers implement this though, I hope they do it very soon though. But bear in mind, they have many other issues to deal with as well. Although this idea should have been implemented ages ago, they are still working on fixing bugs, adding new features to the game, and many other stuff, soooo.. most likely it will take them some time, especially since generation IV is up now :/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hello!

I understand you. This idea should be implemented without voting, because it's essential.

But you have to be patient. It's a slow process.

DeletedUser18132

There's absolutely no reason why Innogames would leave this "idea" / necessity.

There are. For one, they are other ideas players will vote upon and this idea may even fail at the voting stage. Two, the devs are working getting a lot of ideas from all the different grepoforums (I believe there are 24 in all), and those ideas will get pitted against your idea, if it passes the voting period. Even then, the devs might not choose to implement it and will implement other ideas.

DeletedUser42393

There are. For one, they are other ideas players will vote upon and this idea may even fail at the voting stage. Two, the devs are working getting a lot of ideas from all the different grepoforums (I believe there are 24 in all), and those ideas will get pitted against your idea, if it passes the voting period. Even then, the devs might not choose to implement it and will implement other ideas.

I believe you're taking a VERY shallow approach to your view on colour blindness, maybe go look up some statistics, newspaper articles, past arguments and you'll notice a trend. All the games have adopted a new colour scheme of Orange and Sky blue. Statistics show roughly1/20men suffer colour-blindness1/200 woman also suffer colour-blindness.

-Firstly, you'll need to be less nieve and understand this is something WE CANNOT change. And we lose out of certain features we PAY for.

All information if taken from BBC NEWS:

Although this isn't a "shooting" game, I can still accidentally attack fellow pacts.

7em7.png

Why can't I benefit the same as everyone else? I pay too, I play too. I want to enjoy it too.

aXWArVM.png

Expert's view.

cpApLvW.png

Like I said, Innogames doesn't have to implementthis.
But If I am given a "No" by Innogames I will probably leave, I invest money into this Game, to enjoy it.

If I am treated as a minority, I won't return.
If I am treated as though I am an asset to Innogames, I will stay. As I feel appreciated.

DeletedUser18132

I fully support this idea, I'm just saying that it won't be sped through here and you have to treat it like an other idea.

DeletedUser42393

Sorry, I must have misunderstood.

Yeah, the idea process will work as normal I am sure. But the development and introduction of a new colour scheme won't take too much time I am guessing.

DeletedUser

I agree with Sj. This is certainly a worthwhile idea and it is important that players aren't alienated - I'm aware of the alarmingly high statistics, one of my best friends is colour blind. However, that said, for the time being it's still an idea as any other and becoming aggravated or defensive - I mean this in the nicest possible way, you have a valid reason to be - won't hurry the process. :)

DeletedUser19042

My grandfather and father are colorblind. So I fully support this idea.

I'm just afraid inno will see a real advantage in it. :(

DeletedUser42393

won't hurry the process. :)

I know that, or I do now.

But my aim is to make sure this doesn't slip through the ideas section again, as it did 5 months ago, so like I said. I will keep pushing and pushing so that the awareness is there all the way through until it's been introduced in-game.

DeletedUser

Ok, i am colour blind. Yeah Yeah, you didn't know, but i lead alliances, you can't tell me to stop, because i do, it's my hobby. But i need my girlfriend to tell me which colours are what and that stuff. I love this idea, and hope it gets implemted! +rep Depraved.

Also, can i ask what colour the same alliance flag is actually?

DeletedUser33530

Ok, i am colour blind. Yeah Yeah, you didn't know, but i lead alliances, you can't tell me to stop, because i do, it's my hobby. But i need my girlfriend to tell me which colours are what and that stuff. I love this idea, and hope it gets implemted! +rep Depraved.

Also, can i ask what colour the same alliance flag is actually?
Two questions. First does you girlfriend play grepo or does she have no idea what going on when she looks at the screen? Second (sorry if this offends you) do color blind people even know what colors look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.