Is there a beginners world?

Discussion in 'Player's Council /Community Discussion' started by Sorrow, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Sorrow

Sorrow Peltast

Is there a world where beginners actually have time to build up their city before being conquered? I just started the game about a week ago and I've been spending that time building up my city (which is about 1200 points). As soon as the beginner's protection wore off I was inundated with attacks and now I've lost my city and have to start over. Why bother if it's going to happen again?

I know there will be comments saying "well, stop bitching and just join an alliance". I tried but being so low in points no decent alliance would take me. And the alliance I am in wasn't helping (I'm not sure they could) and now I'm back at square zero.

So, is there a world where the protection lasts longer? Or where small cities that beginners have just started building up are left alone? Because I just don't see a point in spending any more time (and certainly not spending any money) on this game if not.

2. curadh

curadh Phrourach

I don't know what speed server you were on but to only build to 1200 points in a week is very poor and even on a mid speed server any player could build past that within a day of starting and most could have 2-3 cities at least before end of beginners protection without spending any money on .. maybe you should play the casual server Nauctratis (en112) where your main city can't be taken until you have learn't the game?

3. 1saaa

1saaa Phrourach

@Sorrow. First of all tough luck mate. Here is the advice i would give:

1. Join an alliance. Most good alliances will display their recruitment officers in the profile. Talk to those people. A lot of alliances will let in smaller newer players if they have room as long as they are willing to learn and grow.

2. Once your in an alliance do not be afraid to ask for help from leaders or fellow players. This is the best way to learn the ropes.

3. Participate in alliance OP's (even if its just a spy or a spell) and help others in defence.

Thats some general advice from one noob to another :) As Curadh said the casual world would also be a great option to learn the ropes :)

4. Kratos Giantsbane

Kratos Giantsbane Hipparchus

5. gkasimis

gkasimis Hoplite

try a slow server speed 1 and better revolt than conquest. if it has morale active even better. wait for a week to pass and you ll avoid been close to action this way. rim is always more quiet