MRA Discussions

DeletedUser37948

Ok, yes, he is right. What does that have to do with you? I don't remember ever saying that MRA's could never win. I said that I don't like them myself. You don't really have any right to say "Boom. He's right". Your MRA was a noob MRA with noob leaders. And it fell apart. Here in the forums people said that YOUR MRA was going to fall, very few people said that EVERY MRA is a noobfest. So your post is ridiculous and unneeded.

Wow there is some strong emotion in there, not sure if your post was about my post or the one after . but my point was base on the original question asked in this thread. how it relates to individual alliances is is a matter of individual opinion and i did not give an opinion about an alliance.

DeletedUser

No, it was not about you. It was about Kyleli taking your post and trying to say "Ha, you all were wrong". I was simply saying, no, we weren't. We (I atleast) never said that NO MRA was good. I simply said that Kyleli's MRA was not good. So they couldn't use your post to somehow show that I was wrong.

I agree with you, not every MRA is bad. it depends on the leadership. I do not like MRA's as a whole, I think that the alliance limit put in place b Grepolis is there for a reason, but I will not say that MRA's are not able to be successful.

DeletedUser37948

The main point of my post was to stop people missusing the term MRA. MRA does not mean a bad alliance MRA,s make up over 90% of all alliances. There are only two types of alliance premade and MRA a pre made is a group of players that comme to a new world with a pre made alliance.
you say quote: I agree with you, not every MRA is bad. it depends on the leadership. I do not like MRA's as a whole, I think that the alliance limit put in place b Grepolis is there for a reason, but I will not say that MRA's are not able to be successful.

so let me explain it does not matter if you have 10 or 10k players it does not matter if your alliance has great leaders or not if you are not a pre made you are an mra.

so i find it a little funny that you quote alliance size for not liking MRA's on the whole

personaly i never use the term MRA as a rebuff more i would get straight to the point and tell who ever i was talking to that they either had a good or bad alliance.
that way there is no missuse of the term and no missunderstanding

DeletedUser

Incorrect.

There are 3 types of alliances.

1) Pre-made: Alliances whose members move over to a new world from an older world. These alliances are "pre-made". They are made on another server, and then go to a new server when it opens, or when their current server ends.

2) MRA: Leaders in these alliances start invite spamming as soon as they start. They send invitations to every player in sight. There is no method to their recruiting. Their goal is to recruit as many players as possible, and overwhelm other alliances with sheer numbers.

3) Basic: These alliances are created by a leader who moves over to a new world with either no allies from other worlds, or just a couple. They also do not recruit anyone though. They look for good players and talk to them about joining. They do not "mass recruit". They selectively recruit from the current world. Calling them an MRA simply because they did not move over to the current world with "pre-made" allies, shows a very narrow minded point of view.

Examples of these alliance types.

The Shadow Force, a basic alliance type, neither an MRA, nor a pre-made. We recruited carefully from this world, not mass recruiting, and not coming over with a pre-made group.

Enter The Dragon, a basic alliance type, neither an MRA, nor a pre-made. Some of their members are from another world, but most of them were carefully recruited from this world, not mass recruiting, and not coming over with a pre-made group.

Kos Elite, a pre-made alliance, almost all of their members came over from another world. They recruited a very small amount of players from this current world, most were from an old world.

DreadFleet, I do not know much about them, but from what I have heard they are a pre-made. Most of their players are from another server and moved over here together.

The Mayans, an MRA from what I can see. Obviously I can't say for certain because I am not in this alliance, but they have a very low point average and are on the top of the rankings. They quickly filled up to 50 members, not many of whome it seems have previous experience.

Spartan Warriors, another MRA, I do not believe they moved over as a group. They shot up the rankings due to recruiting as many players as possible, and have a very low point average.

Codex, I will stay away from them. TBH was most certainly an MRA, Legion X was an offshoot of that, trying to be more of a bacis alliance, only recruiting top players, but they fell. Now there is Codex, they are composed almost entirely of exTBH players, but their point average is pretty good. I have had personal disputes with their leaders, and am not sure how long they are going to be around. But after thinking about it, I don't think I would call them an MRA, nor a pre-made. They seem to be turning in to more of a basic alliance, recruiting more carefully.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It is the same with DreadFleet..

We have maybe 5 or 6 from Marathon & the rest are top players in O44 who are experienced & active players.

DeletedUser37948

MRA mass recruiting alliance

the description says it all each idividual word has a meaning

it does not say recruiting with style alliance , i think you are so hung up with the miss guided use of the word MRA and its slang meening as an insult that you completly miss my point.

and if you know of a third type of alliance you are a more well informed person than me.
The fact is from your description you are in my opinion a pre made if you are saying that your first 5 member were freinds from other servers who came here to start an alliance together. all alliances must recruit but Mra's form on landing on a world with no pre intention or pre formed core of trusted players.

in life as well as this game, i find people feel words often more than they apreiteate the true meaning of them.

im just here pointing out some popular misconception held by the majority of missguided players for my own personal amusment.

DeletedUser

"MRA mass recruiting alliance"

Yea, no kidding. MASS recruiting. So, if you recruit carefully, but are also not a pre-made, what does that make you? A non MASS recruiting MASS recruiting alliance? It just doesn't make sense.

Please read my edited post, I was busy editing it while you both commented, and did not see your comments til now.

How the heck are we are pre-made?? That is just dumb man. We filled up 10% of the alliance with players from another server, that leave 90% of our 50 members being recruited from this server. To say that is a pre-made is crazy. It shows an incredibly closed minded way of thinking.

Me and 4 friends join this world, we then recruit 45 players from this world, that is 90%, how can you possibly call that a pre-made??

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I guess it all depends on your perception of Mass.. if you call recruiting 30 members mass recruiting that are experienced & active players then there is something wrong.

when most people think of mass recruiting they think the alliance max then an academy or sister alliance on top of that.

DeletedUser

It doesn't even matter if they have a sister alliance. Mass recruiting means MASS recruiting, recruiting en'mass. Recruiting massive amounts of players. Recruiting certain players from a server, but being careful about who, does not make you an MRA.

But yes, I agree with that post matt.

DeletedUser37948

i think in a round about way we are all in agrement on some points. whatever MRA used to meen in its true form, it is odviously so ingrained in peoples minds as being senonimous with very bad alliances there is no way back!
also i think we would all agree that the two current types of alliance title do not fully describe all types of alliance .
i have and still do believe that there should be a third alliance title though i dont think your choice of "basic" is the best choice as it does not infer the impressive values that this 3rd type of alliance aspires to.
maybe the players of this server can change this and come up with a good title for this 3rd type of alliance one that takes hold and becomes as widly used in grepolis as mra or pre made.

DeletedUser

I agree, honestly, "basic" would not be my first choice for alliance type. But I was editing my post, and was trying to think of something so I could finish and save it before too many people commented on it :p

DeletedUser37948

yes i could see that Sir saint , i dont hold grudges ive enjoyed this debate . i dont dislike people who have difering opinions to me , i like them they give me cause to examine my own veiws.
my personal choice would be ERA experianced recruiting alliance

DeletedUser

I was thinking SRA, Selective Recruiting Alliance.

But I don't think that is a great choice, it seems just like a counter to MRA, and not so much an entire new term of it's own.

DeletedUser37948

I have ran lots of alliances, 1 genuine pre made and my first was an MRA in the worst sence of the word but it was great fun and i made some great freinds.
most though were ERA's
but even under this title i feel there are two types of ERA first is the traditional ERA the small core of experianced players that recruit descrimanantly from tthe start
second is the experianced leader who mass recruits and then once reaching critical mass reduces the alliance size in the favor of the best players within.
i feel the first type is more typical of a core alliance and the second of a rim alliance due to the type of players that typicaly reside in these two areas.
i have seen both type acheive much success.
and i know from experiance that both types are very fun and engauging to play in.

DeletedUser31161

come on Ice... none who are in that alliance even know about the external forum.... or the ingame forum :D

DeletedUser

In my honest opinion I think MRAs are good, because even though they suck and have wayyy too many players they train the next generation of "SRAs". But I was trained by the best MRA--Xmortis (Beta) so im kinda bias :p

DeletedUser11886

Heh, I was a noob until an MRA trained me on my first ever world. Left them later, joining another group of selective players and then we slowly climbed towards #1, landing there and then dropping back down to #2. I left shortly after...

DeletedUser31161

Most of have been in a MRA once. i have been in there a few more times then most for espionage reasons ;) but still MRA's aren't good. In this world we have good MRA's :D. i say that because most of the alliances here got to 50 fast but had good players

DeletedUser

I think you guys are using this term to loosely. In your definition, any alliance that recruits ANY type of a player is an MRA. lol.

DeletedUser

No I'm pretty sure we were an real MRA in Beta, the alliance Xmortis, had about 200 players in it, thats a real MRA. None of the alliances in this world are truly MRAs unless they have 4 or more 'academies' so i don't know what all the fuss is about. :)