No Honor no Glory

• Thread starter StrategosAutokrator
  • Start date

DeletedUser

you guys sure do whine a lot, your all acting like its over already. Time to head to the next world so soon? That sucks I hoped you would stay a little longer.

DeletedUser10984

ohh Please don't hurt us lol you guys really are cocky if you thing this war is even near done, we aren't even warmed up yet.

DeletedUser

ohh Please don't hurt us lol you guys really are cocky if you thing this war is even near done, we aren't even warmed up yet.

See this is exactly the sort of thing that i was on about earlier :)

Sac mate :) there is no cockiness going on here, trust me! I'm actually at a loss to see where you got that impression from but i'm old and my eyes are not what they used to be so maybe you could point it out for me :) if there is one thing i dont like thats premature cockiness, it tends to always come back and bite you in the proverbial :p

DeletedUser10984

See this is exactly the sort of thing that i was on about earlier :)

Sac mate :) there is no cockiness going on here, trust me! I'm actually at a loss to see where you got that impression from but i'm old and my eyes are not what they used to be so maybe you could point it out for me :) if there is one thing i dont like thats premature cockiness, it tends to always come back and bite you in the proverbial :p
lol just check the post right above mine :D

DeletedUser

I more or less agree with you but the one thing some of you guys seem to lack is Empathy, the ability to see things from the other persons perspective, now my comment was not really to suggest that BL, V2 and Truc was in a coalition because thats not true, my point was that from foofies point of view they could have turned around on these forums and said: BL, V2 and Truc (top 3 alliances) against Foofies, where's the honour, Blah blah blah!! yes?

my point is that you consider that not to be a coalition which you are right, but it seems that whenever anyone attacks you its a coalition, now im not saying there is not a coalition against you, just that BL are not in that coalition,

there is so much double standards in this game its quite funny :)

Alliances get blasted for not attacking but then get accused of having no honour when they do attack just because another alliance happens to be attacking as well.

Hmmm... Where to begin...

Well, I find the idea of 'empathy' and 'perspective' being discussed here rather, um, interesting...

I used to find that morale kind of sucked, and was often a hindrance when playing worlds with morale. It never occurred to me that other peeps played without any sort of moral or ethical code in which they needed to be "supervised" in a sense. These are those players who grow strong like bull simply by wiping out only the little guy. These are the same peeps, who when huge, can’t conquer the city of an active, solid player less than half his/her own size. These are also the same peeps who end up getting conquered by that same itty-bitty player when he/she is still less than half the bully’s size.

Eh, we’ll just call it gre-karma, me thinks.

Don’t get me wrong here, there are decent, valid reasons to take a city from a smaller player, on occasion, but ya gots ta know making a habit of this doesn’t speak very highly to your skill, sportsmanship, or overall person. I mean, really, is it a win when a player with 20 cities takes a city from the guy or gal with only 7? (For anyone who may think the answer is ‘yes’ to this rhetorical question, I think it’s about time you stopped killing puppies and torturing your neighborhood kittens as well. You need help. You are morally defunct.) While it may be necessary for position or whatever, it’s not really a pat-on-the-back, hip-hip-hooray, let’s go buy an ice cream cone kind of a win. It’s simply taking out a pawn on the chess board.

Now, this whole argument regarding who was in what coalition, or if there was a coalition or how many coalitions did what with whom for how many cookies? What is this silliness?

In the above post, second paragraph, what I hear is knowledge of V2 not, in fact, taking part in any sort of 'coalition' or faction or affiliation, union, club, gang, guild, party, cooperative, fellowship, union, or partnership with anyone else. V2 has been not just a little bit clear about not having any pacts and/or NAPS. I believe the alliance profile clearly states it. V2 gets a gold star for honesty here.

Next, same paragraph, it is rather pointedly implied that a co-op of sorts does, in fact, exist, and this cabal is, in fact, rallying together to attack V2. Case closed. V2 isn't "whining" about some imaginary enemy; V2 is stating a fact. There is a coterie. It is aligned to attack V2. It is well aware of V2's stance on partnerships, and still felt the need to form a clan to take out V2.

So, basically, from my, very limited, perspective, what I hear is whining about V2 actually being correct regarding the existence of a group of peeps working together to attack them. So what if one of the alliances mentioned isn’t in this outfit. So what if one group is unknowingly participating. Simply state “Hey V2, we’re not aligned with those guys. Sorry.” And hopefully V2 will say, “Ahhhh… You guys are not a part of the crew. High five!” and be able to, from then on, correctly identify those who are and who are not a part of the anti-venom consortium.

As for honour, integrity, and empathy…

Well, from my, again very limited, perspective, part of being honourable is establishing a code and following it, doing what you say you will do, and growing and developing as you learn new information. Sometimes this also means changing something about how you do business, sure, but that’s just smart practice. I mean, if something isn’t working out, not being intelligent enough or having too much pride to fail in admitting weakness or folly? Not recommended. As for this whole whining thing? While you say “whine,” I say “calling out.” Semantics.

In terms of integrity, there is individual integrity and group integrity at play here. Great alliances have players lacking integrity, sure. Same with every single group of people on the planet. ‘Nough said. Let’s move on.

Ahhhh… empathy. One of the most important qualities differentiating humans from the rest of the animal kingdom. Well, that and opposable thumbs…

The accusation is that V2 lacks empathy? That’s a load of hooey. Accusing a person of having no empathy is insulting.

Upon arrival in the forum, I recall a thank you pm posted from a smaller (non-V2) player to our peeps for a demonstration of this empathy. And while in public, some peeps may project a certain image, the individuals I've been lucky enough to interact with most certainly empathize with other peeps.

Oooo… As a matter of fact, just today I was the recipient of this empathy from several of my V2 peeps. Under heavy fire, from multiple players of multiple alliances, some of my peeps (even a few who had just lost cities), didn’t hesitate, think twice, bat an eye, stumble, or beat-around-the-bush to offer me their very own cities.

While I could go on, me thinks it’s about time to wrap it up, no? Let’s just say double standards are everywhere. Simply put: pot, kettle. I mean, really, there’s so much trash talk and not enough garbage dumps sometimes. Some trash talk is just part of the game; however, some trash talk is just trolling. For those peeps, and you know who you are, me thinks there’s a bridge somewhere missing you and in need of you to crawl back underneath it.

DeletedUser14786

Poor Wandle, he's the only one writing reasonable responses to you Venom 2.0 folks and yet he still takes all the flack. You quoted Wandle, and yet he is the one that deserves your contempt the least.

Congratulations Venom for going it solo, without pacts or academies. Yet Venom doesn't even make an attempt at courtesy diplomacy, which is what got them in this position with BL in the first place. Granted, BL has recruited a couple players Venom had under revolt and in one notable case stacked a city against a V2 CS. In these cases, we were simply treating Venom as we had been treated ourselves. (On a side note BL even gave a city to Daizan as a gift, back when JRE250 put 30 of our cities under revolt)

For example, DefectedUnorthodox was recruited from Foofies n Chaos by Venom 2.0 while he was under revolt from us. His cities were important to us because 1) they held strategic value 2) he ticked off our diplomat and 3) we were about to CQ them. We made an attempt at engaging Venom here:
Screenshot2013-06-21at24426AM_zps508dbadd.png
This was the response we received, which we considered rude:
Screenshot2013-06-21at24243AM_zps6585fa11.png

We figured it was too much work to push through birwalls in 10 cities if we just decided to attack them on our own accord... not worth 10 cities we figured, especially when we weren't that close to o45. Yet when the coalition approached us if we wanted to run an OP on Venom, we saw that as a great opportunity to pick up those cities we felt we were owed.
Screenshot2013-06-21at25404AM_zps72147e5a.png

It is true I have heard some trash talk in this thread, but I have seen none of it from Wandle. Wandle and I do not defend the actions of Truculence, Victores, Redwood Originals or Deadly Phalanx. We have no deals with them, only courtesy diplomacy and mutual understanding. When offered a chance to take what we felt was ours, we took it. I don't see why Venom 2.0, or any other alliance would not also do the same.

These multiple-alliance attacks won't kill Venom unless you all decide to quit. BL doesn't want Venom to end in this way anyhow - and we do not intend to defeat Venom in this way. Enjoy the BP because it's your day in the sun. And I recommend that you appoint a diplomat as Daizan has already blocked Mekks and we find that rather unfriendly. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Poor Hulk. He had nothing to do with that :-( Does that mean I can rightfully take back my city?

DeletedUser11965

Sorry, but I believe Daizan makes the right choice for the alliance.

DeletedUser14786

Poor Hulk. He had nothing to do with that :-( Does that mean I can rightfully take back my city?
Yeah, sorry that had to happen mate. :( But that's the luck of the draw I guess, you're not the first and certainly won't be the last. We are always happy to help new members fill their empty city slots but that city just got swept up in the tide.
Sorry, but I believe Daizan makes the right choice for the alliance.
If you feel that no diplomacy is the right choice that's fine by me. :) I came on here because there were a couple complaints about how this was handled.

DeletedUser

Let me clarify...

My post is not about Wandle. I simply addressed a few items from his post I feel are incorrect, and provided examples for why I believed this based on my experience.

And yes, accusing a whole entire alliance filled with people, who are likely unaware of allllll of our leadership's decisions and communications of not being empathetic isn't very nice.

Other than that, my topics were very limited. I disagree with some things that were said. I shared my thoughts, experience, and opinions, based on the topics in the post. That's it. I didn't accuse anyone of anything. I didn't name any names. I didn't address any of BL's activities or question them.

If BL says they weren't working in conjunction with other alliances, I'll trust that BL's peeps have the integrity to answer a direct question with a direct answer. It's now a non-issue for me. I just didn't see the point of going back-and-forth with foot stomping and screaming, "were too!" and "were not!" posts.

My post did not intend to martyr Wandle either. Just to restate: My post ONLY addressed what I felt was not true or correct based solely on my experience. I would appreciate it if my words weren't taken out of context or twisted to fit any other purpose then the one they were intended for. I am not a leader. I do not have access to Daizan's pm's. I don't make any decisions. I don't speak for the entire alliance.

Perspective was brought up, I shared mine. Period. Dot.

DeletedUser10984

We figured it was too much work to push through birwalls in 10 cities if we just decided to attack them on our own accord... not worth 10 cities we figured, especially when we weren't that close to o45. Yet when the coalition approached us if we wanted to run an OP on Venom, we saw that as a great opportunity to pick up those cities we felt we were owed.
Well I see you guys finally came clean about being part of the coalition unfortunately I can't derep you and Wandle right now because you obviously deserve it for the blatant lies that were spread at the beginning of this thread.

DeletedUser41787

Let's face it guys. I am new to Venom, so from an outsiders perspective.

Truculence and the Victores panty parade are just pathetic. None of them ever fought a bigger alliance. And they finally decided to now that they have the groupy together. (oh, and everyone know the big reason Truculence formed was to fight Venom. How they actually ended up doing it is a laughing matter. Picked up all the scraps Venom left behind and bullied every small alliance they could until the day they managed to get everyone together)

I was in Leggion of the damned. Ranked 10. Truculence was close to ranked 1 that time and Victores ranked 4. The 2 found out they wanted to fight someone and so they ganged up on us. All unspoken of coarse. lol. Well, needles to say we had a nap with all 3 alliances that formed truculence and with Victores. So on these 2, case closed. Pathetic to the max. This is not my Venom experience, this is my experience since the beginning. These are officially the 2 biggest coward alliance. And I can assure you neither of these 2 can fight ANY top 10 alliance alone and win. Not even an option. Just the track record and game style.

-OH, by the way, Truculence and Victores ALMOST had a war, that's when Victores ran to them crying that venom is fighting them and their day care alliance RO and the 4 phalanxes. -If you can count this is 6 alliances. And of coarse foofies on the other side. So 7 alliances. This opportunity was to good for them (Truculence) to let by because they knew they had a pact with Black Legion and they could join the fight against Venom because BL could actually help them. BL on he other hand... Never had a big war either.... they knew Venom attacked F&C so they did as well. They all played it very safe till now, and am still.

Venom, is the only alliance since the beginning that always fought alone, and yes they hit smaller alliances, but the difference is they did it alone and took on about 3 at least at a time. The rest... well, also only smaller alliances - but one at a time, and one that someone else was fighting.

Venom fought CH and LoTD and Dark trilogy, and and and, long before any of the rest found out about it and jumped in. -Instead of helping the week they fought them as well.

Something to laugh about. :)

Before Venom I always just wanted to fight Venom, then I saw how pathetic all the rest was and just could not get it over my heart to join anyone else.

oh, and by the way, Vict and their little 6 alliance panty parade only fought with half of Venom. And they couldn't even handle that.

Whining? nope, I'm not whining. I have been in the lesser size alliance in fights ever since I joined Paros. This fight is nothing new :) Bullies I'm very used to.

I must admit though, it was a good decision of the rest of the world to help each other, you all would have disbanded under a single fight with Venom, we know it, you know it. :) None of you could ever beat us. Shame, poor Victores can't even get one of my easy cities without having to have a full alliance effort :) -Not that I'm good, at all. Just because they are soooooo bad!!!! lol!!

Have fun! Looking forward to the future!!

and again, good decision everyone, I must give it to you, very very good decision. Maybe you guys can actually survive now, or, maybe you still can't :p

:pro: - at least the new gay version where no-one can fight like men, hehehe :D

DeletedUser

Wow Melo, I'm so surprised that you know more things about Victores then i do? And i always thought i knew what is exactly going on in there? :eek:

We had a NAP with LotD? You mean exchanging a few PM with liteshadoe = having a NAP? We did said that we have no interest in your city at the start of the game. If you think by saying that is by saying that = NAP, I totally understand why LotD, other then a poor location, failed to survive.

Also talking about unspoken, you want us to PM every single alliance before we go to war with them?

oh, and by the way, Vict and their little 6 alliance panty parade only fought with half of Venom. And they couldn't even handle that.
So you think the whole of Victores, is involved in fighting half of Venom? Do you even look at the map or know what is going on in o55?

poor Victores can't even get one of my easy cities without having to have a full alliance effort -Not that I'm good, at all. Just because they are soooooo bad!!!! lol!!
Melo, don't pretend like you didn't get help from your alliance mates, so it's not many Victores against just you. Stop flattering yourself.
You are pretty lucky we have many members in o55 busy atm and not involved in taking Venom cities, so it's far from full alliance effort. Not even close to full if we only consider o55 cities. :)

Like what Wandle said, things that apply to other alliances doesn't seem to apply to Venom. Which is.... kind of irritating. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Lol very good :)

As it would seem there is no point trying to argue a point here is there as I've seen it before in the forums and..... Well..... I may just as well go and smash my head against a brick wall, it hurts more but gets the same results in the end.

It doesn't seem to matter how much I say it or how well I explain it, it just ain't gonna sink in with a few certain players as I suppose it's just easier to believe in the way they believe. I mean if I was worried and a little concerned after all the big talking I did then yes I would make excuses too
Lol u keep saying BL isnt in coalition with all other alliances, then why BL attacked at same time as all other alliances LOL really dont belive its coincidence? Are we blind here or what?

Lol come on, "Taking a opportunity to get rid of a major threat in our ocean and joining a coalition are not the same", ones u decided to attack at same time as all other alliances you needed know when and where they will hit and you said yes to coalition, and u still keep saying BL didnt join them. What u trying, fool yourself or everybody else? :D

Just to inform u BL took opportunity to get rid of a major threat in their ocean, thats true, but to be able to do that they joined a coalition.

End of the day this is war game and u cant expect whole time to gain cities, you need to lose them as well :)

One more thing, we were in war with CH, while we were in war with them they were pacted with Foofies whos decided to help their allies and start attacking us, we didnt mark them red because they werent important.
When CH merged with Foofies they werent marked red again, because they werent important and they already were under BL attacks. We decided fight somebody else, but Foofies n Chaos members keep attacking us and we still didnt mark them red, again because they werent important, but our members were free to return them fire and take their cities which means they never were priority to us to even make an op on them.
They were attacked by individual Venom players and its really only their fault why they were attacked by some of our members.

DeletedUser

I dont argue, coz it is useless to argue with people who just talk the talk and lie in a bright daylight.

But I noticed a funny thing in Truculence profile, pity I dont have the time to make a PnP :)

3GQXqiM.png

DeletedUser

I don't get it. Like what?

Examples please.

Looks like you didn't really read all the posts. I believe draganaxx just provided you with one example.

When Venom, Truc and Victores hits LotD, it's not a coalition. Truc and Victores are vultures.
When Venom, BL, Truc hit Foofies, it's not a coalition, Truc and BL are vultures.
When BL, Truc, Victores and TDP hits Venom, it's automatically a coalition.

Oh ya, you guys may not know that dai have PM-ed us in the past, to invite us into the war with Dark Trilogy. So does it counts as a coalition in the making? If DT didn't disband, Venom would have created a coalition!

I know that are many great individual in V2, but because you guys have no clue what your leaders are doing, you do not see the whole picture. It's sad that other alliance are much clearer about how Venom handle other alliance than their own members.

DeletedUser41787

Yeah no interest in the beginning, lol, that was never made clear, only once Truc started attacking us it became clear. Don't pretend you guys do not make naps then stab in the back, what about the most recent one with Point and Shoot? lol. Old habits die hard.

And here I am thinking liteshadoe was diplomat. How silly of me. I must have read your profile wrong.

I never said I didn't get help from my alliance, because I did... not every time, but I did few times :) -I said "it's not because I'm good" didn't I? Not sure how you guys flatter yourselves over there in Victores, but that's certainly not how I flatter myself. I'm still pritty much a noob. There is surely no are in taking a city from me. lol

We would have beaten you in LoTD. You'll just never admit it. We killed most of your CS's even though Truc was on us as well. Most cities you got from us was inactives. You did your homework very well in finding them. You guys went bragging on how you are the only alliance in the top 10 to not ever loose a city, and when we did a silly little op while waiting for the merges to be completed we took 2 with ease. Had we taken you alone the battle might have been much more fun. OH, and let's not forget how hard you worked at recruitng our members. Good war tactic. lol.

No Honor no Glory :pro:

DeletedUser41787

lol, good point DK :D and here they are having a pact with BL - or at least according to some of their members! hahaha, and not sure what with the rest except for planing to work alongside each other at specific times against specific alliances - not working together of coarse -AT ALL. fear can be a strong leader

*giggle*:p