Nordic Nightmare in total Control

DeletedUser

MoRCvsNNConquestsV5.jpg

MoRC extending their lead over N.N. with 38 versus 15 conquests currently showing on Grepostats...
Leonidas_Head2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i like the background pic for that graph :) very cool and catches the eye :D

DeletedUser

I have a Joke for you all:

How many NN cs's attempts does it take to capture a SunTzu city?

answer 1O. 7 real cs and 4 fakes.

At least that is what it took today/night/afternoon/morning/whatever :D

Criticism, some of your players supported our cities with Ls before the attempts= is he thinking moments? Some attacked with biremes, really? coming from NN i expected better. Timings, some of your players don't know not to support the city before cs attempts, or mistimed and didn't recall, destroying some of your own siege support.

Other than that, descent op overall i give it a 6/1O only because you succeeded with 1 attempt.

And before you say it Xoonky, yes we know about the biremes at tempeste, got to love the random factor of timers, on returning snipes:D

DeletedUser22708

Think we should rename the thread to 'Nordic Nightmares losing control' :p

DeletedUser

attacking with swords......and being supported with Ls, before clears
35mil1t.jpg

DeletedUser

I have a Joke for you all:

How many NN cs's attempts does it take to capture a SunTzu city?

answer 1O. 7 real cs and 4 fakes.

At least that is what it took today/night/afternoon/morning/whatever :D

Criticism, some of your players supported our cities with Ls before the attempts= is he thinking moments? Some attacked with biremes, really? coming from NN i expected better. Timings, some of your players don't know not to support the city before cs attempts, or mistimed and didn't recall, destroying some of your own siege support.

Other than that, descent op overall i give it a 6/1O only because you succeeded with 1 attempt.

And before you say it Xoonky, yes we know about the biremes at tempeste, got to love the random factor of timers, on returning snipes:D

As the initiator and organizer of this whole operation, i recall only 5 real CSs coming at you as part of the operation and 4 fake ones. Out of the 5 CSs, 3 of them got nailed as we did expect since you guys force your alliance mates to send specific number of troops to specific cities and make them post in the forum what they sent. #dictatorship
1 of the CSs was defeated by the attacker's forces as they landed earlier due to him launching from a mobile phone.
1 succeeded in taking over a Gumbles city.
The other 2 CSs you are mentioning were some 7-8 hours later just out of nowhere trying their luck, nothing to do with the op.

I have done several ops in this world already, though we usually hit one single player, it was necessary to hit several of you here. The guys who were hit are all good players otherwise SunTzu wouldn't bring them to the front, and with the whole alliance sending troops there to stack cities with 3k troops and more, the losses were to be expected. This was rather an operation to hurt you than expect many cities.

It is true that we have had quite a few misunderstandings with regards to the time, all because of the short CS times while we often had to launch blind attacks and supports as they were furhter than the CS time, hence the friendlyfire sometimes. Lessons for next time. As for supporting with LS before the CS, they were supposed to be attacks but were accidentally sent as support, things that happen to human beings, it happened to me a few weeks ago too.

P.S. These operations are what make the game fun for me and the rest of us, not the pity girly attempts at trying to catch people offline to take their cities, like Gumbles usually does in this area.

P.S.S. Good job in finding sheep-like players who follow you blindly, as from what i saw on how Gumbles called people specifically by name and forced them to send specific number of troops on specific cities, i would personally be off.

DeletedUser

Okay, now it has got too big for me to reply to all of it, but i will just point two main points that stuck on my head:

1. I like the way you explain the strategy and i agree, but unfortunately it is not supposed to be by forcing players to do it and telling them they will be kicked if they don't send the troops where they are required, and post it in the forum. It should be voluntery, not forced, if you want to call it strategy and people who help the alliance as much they can since they don't have the time. See the difference.

2. NN do not have a spy let alone a secondary account (obviously, you get kicked) in SunTzu. That information was from a disgruntled member who didn't agree with being forced to do it and was so mad that he forwarded me the message Gumbles had sent to them. See what i am talking about?

DeletedUser

Sorry for the previous wall of text. I'll keep it more brief this time.

I pretty sure i know who the disgruntled member is. The reason he got kicked is he went off and did his own thing.

You as well as I, know that members doing their own thing is all well and good, but to many chiefs in a small alliance just doesnt work. Ideas and suggestions in our alliance, are welcome, but if you deviate from our devised strategy to pursue these "forlorn hope missions" without providing what we require for the well being of the alliance, don't expect us to react too kindly to it.

We have always been a small alliance facing off against much larger alliances, to be able to do this, we developed that strategy, as it has proven effective. Nordic Nightmares developed the "gain x bp or be kicked" idea. To each its own.

Being part of the alliance is voluntary, we work with members who can not provide the support required. Apparently several people agree with what we do and have been around since conception, as has happened in your alliance.

I think we will just go round in circles on these points, so i will agree to disagree:D

DeletedUser22708

Every alliance has it's own tactics and strategy, that's what makes them unique.

DeletedUser

Sorry for the previous wall of text. I'll keep it more brief this time.

I pretty sure i know who the disgruntled member is. The reason he got kicked is he went off and did his own thing.

You as well as I, know that members doing their own thing is all well and good, but to many chiefs in a small alliance just doesnt work. Ideas and suggestions in our alliance, are welcome, but if you deviate from our devised strategy to pursue these "forlorn hope missions" without providing what we require for the well being of the alliance, don't expect us to react too kindly to it.

We have always been a small alliance facing off against much larger alliances, to be able to do this, we developed that strategy, as it has proven effective. Nordic Nightmares developed the "gain x bp or be kicked" idea. To each its own.

Being part of the alliance is voluntary, we work with members who can not provide the support required. Apparently several people agree with what we do and have been around since conception, as has happened in your alliance.

I think we will just go round in circles on these points, so i will agree to disagree:D

I'll agree to disagree too, but first i want to let you know that you posted a whole paragraph for nothing because the start of that (the member being kicked) was wrong, so it gave you the wrong routte. The player remains a SunTzu player, i suggested him be, if he wanted to continue playing this world, being in the core of your territory.

DeletedUser24233

SunTzu are growing but how long before you start to lose players, check out most of your stats for your players other then the top 8 most of them play with GOLD.
This is a player ranked in the top 15 of your alliance, he has 14 cities total kill points 5309 attacking kill points 2010 def points 3219.
There is many many more like this.
If you join SunTzu do you get given gold coins?

DeletedUser22708

SunTzu are growing but how long before you start to lose players, check out most of your stats for your players other then the top 8 most of them play with GOLD.
This is a player ranked in the top 15 of your alliance, he has 14 cities total kill points 5309 attacking kill points 2010 def points 3219.
You could say the same thing about Nordic Nightmares and Band of Brothers for that matter.

DeletedUser

So, it seems you are viewing the world through the Nightmare haze. Not so long ago, NN were growing and look at them now... only 104 members and how many of these are the same leaders .... there seems to be a constant turnover..

And, let's discuss the issue fo gold... from what I understand most of the top players in NN use gold.. in fact, most players who are active and have a reasonable number of cities wll use gold.

What I don't understand is why is the use of gold seen as some sort of sell out... it just makes common sense.

Lastly, you raise ABP and DBP...

first of all... i am still 11th with 129k ABP and 19th with 97k DBP and that is with nearly 4 weeks in VM

lets compare with two NN players who post on this thread...

there's duck31 ABP of 83k and DBP of 54k
corinthian II ABP of 72k and DBP of 32k

there are always people who have less points unless you are in #1 position...

This is a game which has many styles of play and many roles.. not everyone wants to be a higher attacker - take duck31 and Corintian II as two prime examples

Let's keep up with the PnP ... it is what makes the thread interesting.. but let's not get sucked into Corinthian's assumption based posts

You started with with question of whether SunTzu will continue to grow... well, I don't have a crystal ball ... all I can say is the dictator, gumbles must be doing something right

unlike NN who lost a player with 35 cities and 7th in the world...

Remember the old saying, those in glass houses cast the last stone

Glad to be back by the way lol

DeletedUser

I don't have a problem with people using gold for the premiums cause i do as well, it's a way to pay for the fun this game gives us. I see a huge problem with paying gold to halve the waiting time and especially to get unfair CPs, making rich players have more cities real skill.

DeletedUser

since you are pointing out a member in our alliance i'll return the same to you,
2012-02-05 goldengodiam Nordic Nightmares 36. 229,303 {24 cities} {31,847total bp} {18,848 abp} {12,999 dbp}

2012-02-05 Odvar Nordic Nightmares 11. 302,528 {28 cities} {68,451 total bp} {51,025 abp} {17,426 dbp}

just to name a few. That being said :

There are many ways to gain cp, not just through gold, i for one have never used gold for this. vp's city festivals.... i don't see a problem with paying for the commander/captain its just 4OO gold a month. which is cheap, imo compared to many other online game subscriptions....

For those that don't have the inclination to spend real money there are other options, i know a few do the surveys and get their gold for free..
sure i may not have as many city slots as some, but each of them are earned through vp's or festivals only.

I don't have a problem with people using gold for the premiums cause i do as well, it's a way to pay for the fun this game gives us. I see a huge problem with paying gold to halve the waiting time and especially to get unfair CPs, making rich players have more cities real skill.
I agree completely with xoonky here. The halving construct times, imo is the truly horrible system, and if you have to complain about something duck, this should be it.

DeletedUser24233

I agree completely with xoonky here. The halving construct times, imo is the truly horrible system, and if you have to complain about something duck, this should be it.

That what I was complaining about, many of us use gold for farming etc, but to gain cities its just not right.

DeletedUser

That what I was complaining about, many of us use gold for farming etc, but to gain cities its just not right.
did you not take into account gaining cp through resources if they don't have enough bp?

DeletedUser

did you not take into account gaining cp through resources if they don't have enough bp?

60-70 CP through city festivals of 48k resources each in order to gain a new city slot? That simply doesn't seem right.

I would rather leave the game than have to spend 48k resources for a CP instead of building troops and having fun attacking my enemies with them. Most of the time, with 48k i can get enough troops to get more than 300 BP which is required for a VP.

DeletedUser22708

60-70 CP through city festivals of 48k resources each in order to gain a new city slot? That simply doesn't seem right.

I would rather leave the game than have to spend 48k resources for a CP instead of building troops and having fun attacking my enemies with them. Most of the time, with 48k i can get enough troops to get more than 300 BP which is required for a VP.
That also means that the guys doing City Festivals are obviously not actively fighting their enemy, otherwise they simply wouldn't have the resources to do so many city festivals.