Nordic Nightmare in total Control

DeletedUser

By doing this, we are hoping to finally have a fair fight against them, not fighting against cowardly stacked cities because they ahve the advantage of hiding on a hole with all other walls blocked.

Is this not the way to face an enemy? Deny him access at all places, and only fight on your own chosen ground? Sounds right to me, you may call it whatever name makes you happy, I call it wisdom and common sense.

DeletedUser

By doing this, we are hoping to finally have a fair fight against them, not fighting against cowardly stacked cities because they ahve the advantage of hiding on a hole with all other walls blocked.

hey of course you can't fight against lots of troops behind high walls if you rely on earthquakes, it's not that it's cheap either and the cool-down takes 2 hours that is enough for city protection to be casted and walls to be placed in the construction queue. innogames made catapults for a reason. you don't expect to see empty cities on the front line eh? take it as rugby or football (american version of it) when players form a line and they throw themselves at each other and start pushing forward to hold that line. nothing coward about it, but a well coordinated and balanced out strategy. not being able to break those defenses brings a question on the table about your attacking abilities

DeletedUser

Theres no such thing as a 'cowards strategy'. There are strategies that work, and strategies that don't.
Stacking cities works well, so it should be done. Invasions like the one highlighted by wabberjack can work, but are less satisfactory due to the build time required, and the loss of city slots for poor quality cities. But if the circumstances demand it, there may not be many other options ! Its probably more a measure of SunTzu's success, that the invasion was seen as necessary by NN.

The risk for NN there though is its a potentially expensive location to defend that pins down a lot of their troops whilst they're building it up, and if they lose those cities, its a ready made Wonder island for SunTzu, !!!

If I were in SunTzu, I'd be considering hitting those small cities for BP's while the walls are still small !
Leonidas_Head2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It is just funny to me, stack the cities with a lot of troops ( sometimes you can see harbors with over 200 transports, max wall and towers), attack players while they are offline most of the time, of course in this case this is the effective strategy, but as soon as we try to do something new everyone are calling us cowards.
It is the war game at the end and if it works it is a good strategy.

DeletedUser

Xoonky said the following:
Need i really mention that 95% of the cities you took from NN were from people who either left the server or had problems logging on so weren't around for days
So ... of 57 cities MoRC have conquered off NN, you are saying 54 of them were inactive or weren't around for days !?!?!? (they could use VM !)

Xoonky finds my reporting of the facts 'arrogant', but I at least try to back up my observations with evidence, wheras his 95% claim wouldn't appear to fit the list below ! This is a list of some currently active NN players, many of whom lost cities on multiple occasions, days apart. Xoonky, calling your own active allies "inactive" doesn't do them justice, as I expect many put up what resistance they could against substantial attacks:
NNActives.gif

DeletedUser22708

but as soon as we try to do something new everyone are calling us cowards.
As far as i know, i'm the only one who called that strategy 'a strategy for cowards'. But i was just expressing my opinion of course, if this strategy works for you then so be it. I saw this strategy being used by other alliances in other worlds, most of the time because either they're being hammered by the enemy or their invasion has been put to a stop. And again, this is just my observation.

DeletedUser

nothing stormvoort can't handle. watch out for that guy. he gave me a lot of trouble while playing against him

DeletedUser

nothing stormvoort can't handle. watch out for that guy. he gave me a lot of trouble while playing against him

Yes, we're happy to have him in our sector. :cool:

Our team appears to be holding up against at least two of NN's "better" Squads.

I'd love to hear from the Lady-leader on that one. :D

DeletedUser

i know this thread is old but Nordic Nightmares are not in total control. MORC is ranked #1 and then most alliances in the top 15 are very strong and able to defend themselves.

DeletedUser

i know this thread is old but Nordic Nightmares are not in total control. MORC is ranked #1 and then most alliances in the top 15 are very strong and able to defend themselves.

You're late to the party.. it's like the last 15 pages devoted to MoRC v NN arguments.

DeletedUser

i know, i just joined this forum yesterday. how about EGoT v MORC arguements? (D)

DeletedUser

Maybe, but once EGOT would be a potential ''in control'' alliance

DeletedUser

Well we're definitely not in control of the world but we've taken over 63 from Rogue (now MORC) and have control of several other oceans. NN used to have a few cities over here, but they got wiped out by MORC.

DeletedUser

NN are losing players.. I'm depressed .. It looks like we're gonna lose a great enemy :(

DeletedUser22343

ya the number one player in athens Cobra47 left and joined triad... Merge maybe? guess will have to wait and see how that pans out

DeletedUser2595

Triad and NN are not merging. Cobra has been a respected enemy of ours since the start of the world. And after alot of skype chats between us and them, and many skirmishes, they decided that Triad was a nicer place to be. :)

DeletedUser22343

Seems like it was more then just him though.. Never the less good deal for Triad ;)