Nordic Nightmare in total Control

DeletedUser

I would rather leave the game than have to spend 48k resources for a CP instead of building troops and having fun attacking my enemies with them. Most of the time, with 48k i can get enough troops to get more than 300 BP which is required for a VP.

Hmmm, interesting point, but with 15k Wood, 18k Stone, 15k Silver, you could recruit:
- 45 chariots (180 fs) ... or
- 46 horsemen (138 fs) ... or
- 111 hoplites (111 fs) ... or
- 200 slingers (200 fs) ... or

These would leave you with resources leftover that you could trade to recruit more troops, but its not that easy to get 300 BP's using any of the options above ! (as you say, may be more entertaining though !). The down side though, is you would give BP's to the enemy too, so actually Festivals are quite efficient for relative growth (ie 1 CP for you, and none against). Compare this with combat, which might give 1 CP for you, but perhaps 0.5 against, depending how the battle goes !

On average, I'd estimate a Festival is twice as efficient as an Attack for relative growth
Leonidas_Head2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22708

Hmmm, interesting point, but with 15k Wood, 18k Stone, 15k Silver, you could recruit:
- 45 chariots (180 fs) ... or
- 46 horsemen (138 fs) ... or
- 111 hoplites (111 fs) ... or
- 200 slingers (200 fs) ... or

These would leave you with resources leftover that you could trade to recruit more troops, but its not that easy to get 300 BP's using any of the options above ! (as you say, may be more entertaining though !). The down side though, is you would give BP's to the enemy too, so actually Festivals are quite efficient for relative growth (ie 1 CP for you, and none against). Compare this with combat, which might give 1 CP for you, but perhaps 0.5 against, depending how the battle goes !

On average, I'd estimate a Festival is twice as efficient as an Attack for relative growth
Leonidas_Head2.gif
I agree but this is a war game, not a sim game. If everybody would do city festivals this would be a boring game haha

DeletedUser

i admire people who keep sitting behind their city walls clicking ''organize'' under city festival, theater play or olympic games more than clicking ''organize'' under victory procession icon. i wouldn't hold on for long

DeletedUser

i admire people who keep sitting behind their city walls clicking ''organize'' under city festival, theater play or olympic games more than clicking ''organize'' under victory procession icon. i wouldn't hold on for long

You wont get past 50 citys if you dont change your ways.
Not that BP doesn't help but my biggest world needs 350+cp for a new city slot so i get as much BP as i can but festivals are a must.

DeletedUser

I have to agree ... the Festivals are a necessary addition to your Cultural development, so they enable MORE conquests and MORE combat. They're not what defines a 'Sim-City' player. You can tell a Sim-City player by his Colonisation history on Grepostats ... if the majority of their conquests have the same Alliance name as their own, or alliance name 'none' then they're not really engaging the enemy !

Rather like Corinthian II in fact, 10 of his 14 conquests were allied or no alliance:
http://www.grepostats.com/world/en25/player/2182271/colonizations

Sometimes these are necessary but not 70%+ of them ! (unless your alliance is collapsing from within !)
Talking of Corinthian II, less than a month ago he said this:
Logically, who do we think are more likely to quit the server before that time? Sure, MoRC have some good players. People like Digital, StormVoort, the experienced players who know what they're doing.. but a far greater percentage of MoRC's strength comes from smaller members, as the average score shows. A lot of these players are people who have nothing invested in the server. No highscores, no money spent on the game, etc. NN, meanwhile, has a smaller total number of players, but it has a greater number of experienced players, here for the long-run. It's these players who will be around at the end.

... so its more than a little amusing that his Grepostats history is showing 6 days inactive (vacation mode enabled though !) http://www.grepostats.com/world/en25/player/2182271/history

Hopefully he'll be back, his 'Denial' has been quite entertaining ! For the record the MoRC vs NN conquest history is now:
- 16 for NN
- 42 for MoRC
(this compares to 38 vs 15 five days ago, so the balance of conquest is shifting even more in MoRC's favour, ie total was previously about 2:1 ... but recent conquests are at 4:1 !)
:p

DeletedUser

lol most of those are from o54 and NN has what 7 players at most fighting there trying to support each other from 405 MORC city's and i think those stats do not include MORC 2/3 who are branches of MORC.

DeletedUser

Rather like Corinthian II in fact, 10 of his 14 conquests were allied or no alliance:
http://www.grepostats.com/world/en25/player/2182271/colonizations

First off, I'm female, so please stop referring to me as 'he' or 'his'. Second, 5 of my conquests were, at the time, active players in active alliances. Another was an active player whose alliance had recently been disbanded, and the rest were inactives or alliance-less. I am in the heart of O45, and in case you hadn't noticed, NN has very little opposition there, if any. So forgive me for taking small inactive cities of little importance, because I've already used my troops to help my allies clear our enemies out of this ocean.

Talking of Corinthian II, less than a month ago he said this:

... so its more than a little amusing that his Grepostats history is showing 6 days inactive (vacation mode enabled though !) http://www.grepostats.com/world/en25/player/2182271/history

Gosh, because nobody ever goes inactive while they're in vacation mode, do they? Moron. Personal circumstances meant that I had to enter vacation mode, and have been unable to use a computer at all for roughly the last 10 days. Now, please link me to someone who has shown large point increases while in vacation mode for 10 days. Can't do it? No? Then don't make such idiotic statements, please.

DeletedUser

Welcome back Corinthian II !
My apologies for referencing you as male, it was impossible to tell you were female ! (the other female players I know show greater understanding of alternative opinions and wouldn't have reacted with such a ridiculous outburst !).

I was actually excusing your inactivity by pointing out you were in VM, so I was in no way expecting any points growth. That would be absurd ! IF I had expected some activity from you whilst in VM, then you would be right to call me a moron ! However, equally, if thats what you actually thought I meant, well ... what more can I say !?

In the meanwhile, back on the battlefront, its now:
53 MoRC conquests over NN, versus 20 for NN over MoRC
MoRC took 8 since my last post, NN just 4.
Leonidas_Head2.gif

DeletedUser

In the meanwhile, back on the battlefront, its now:
53 MoRC conquests over NN, versus 20 for NN over MoRC
MoRC took 8 since my last post, NN just 4.
Leonidas_Head2.gif

Your arrogant way of looking at things has just cost a few of your members, i believe. You have just forced me to start going after MORC cities in o55 despite having no interest in them. Let's see how fun it is picking on players when they are some 5-6 at most in an ocean full of enemies, oh and i will also make sure to refer to you every time i take a city off them.

No i do not have any interest in those cities, so i will have to find takers for them afterwards, just like i did with some 5 MORC cities already.

Edit: Need i really mention that 95% of the cities you took from NN were from people who either left the server or had problems logging on so weren't around for days?

DeletedUser

Want to see something funny?
[island]195333[/island] copy that link in-game and check it out. Xoonky and friends just love me, that had to move in next door:D

DeletedUser22708

Lol, that's one of the oldest strategies. If you can't conquer the enemy cities, you colonize on the same island and start attacking/conquering them from there. Strategy for cowards imo.

DeletedUser

Lol, that's one of the oldest strategies. If you can't conquer the enemy cities, you colonize on the same island and start attacking/conquering them from there. Strategy for cowards imo.

It's a fun thing to do in small 1v1 battles.. any time you think you are close to losing a city, send a few CS out to colonise on nearby islands, then use them to attack your own city once you lose it :) When it's a proper war though, it's generally not a good strategy, you're right.

DeletedUser

I wish you knew what you were talking about, and i am ashamed that you are not ashamed of what you just said, without knowing anything about this battle line.

We were forced to adopt such a strategy for one obvious reason, because SunTzu (unlike NN who fight against 6 big alliances on all fronts) have only NN to worry about, because they have pacted with every neighbor and their dog on all other fronts. They have thus been comfortable to stack their front line few cities against NN to keep us at bay and attack us at will, because we do not have their freedom of stacking cities from the core, because well our core players are fighters, not sim city players who just build troops to stack their dictator on the front.

By doing this, we are hoping to finally have a fair fight against them, not fighting against cowardly stacked cities because they ahve the advantage of hiding on a hole with all other walls blocked.

DeletedUser

yagh wont say who but someone blew there laptop to hell and lost a few city's.....

DeletedUser

Sure we do, did you want a red carpet onto our cities as well?

The difference is though, that both Mogul and i stack our cities with our own troops from other cities. I do not have inside information about Mogul, but i can guarantee you every single ship in there is mine.

DeletedUser

Digital, I think you'll find in anyone's honest opinion it's a coward's strategy.

Wait on, maybe they think we're merging and these players in particular are just keen to join a real Alliance?

Oop, I do hope these players do realise their leaders have been begging us to merge, damn. My big mouth is why i should keep outta forums. Word on the street is we're not the only ones they've been begging, but that's heresay. I can only state what I know as truth in relation to SunTzu (something different for these forums I've noticed@majority of NN posts).

Well i guess the fact they're so desperate to merge with an enemy their players obviously hate, rather than fight them just confirms the coward tag. Not that anyone with an IQ over 20 needed confirmation with their history.

Anyways, if ever there was a sign Nordic Nightmares are about to disintegrate, this is it.

I just feel sorry for the few remaining real players in their ranks.

Ah well, grepo life goes on :pro:

DeletedUser22708

Digital, I think you'll find in anyone's honest opinion it's a coward's strategy.

Wait on, maybe they think we're merging and these players in particular are just keen to join a real Alliance?

Oop, I do hope these players do realise their leaders have been begging us to merge, damn. My big mouth is why i should keep outta forums. Word on the street is we're not the only ones they've been begging, but that's heresay. I can only state what I know as truth in relation to SunTzu (something different for these forums I've noticed@majority of NN posts).

Well i guess the fact they're so desperate to merge with an enemy their players obviously hate, rather than fight them just confirms the coward tag. Not that anyone with an IQ over 20 needed confirmation with their history.

Anyways, if ever there was a sign Nordic Nightmares are about to disintegrate, this is it.

I just feel sorry for the few remaining real players in their ranks.

Ah well, grepo life goes on :pro:
I was aware that they tried to pact/merge with a few other alliances, didn't know they tried to do it with SunTzu too. I'm glad the majority of the alliances declined except for one or 2 which some of you may have already heard about. And Xoonky, always coming up with the excuse that you're fighting 6 alliances, which 6 alliances? And btw, MoRC are fighting 5 alliances, do you see us crying about it and using it as an excuse?

DeletedUser22708

cause we do not have their freedom of stacking cities from the core, because well our core players are fighters, not sim city players who just build troops to stack their dictator on the front.

By doing this, we are hoping to finally have a fair fight against them, not fighting against cowardly stacked cities because they ahve the advantage of hiding on a hole with all other walls blocked.
You clearly don't know what your own alliance is doing in O44? Sending defensive troops and biremes from O45 to support the front line cities in O44.