Op. Save The World Xi - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

DeletedUser

I will say one thing...

I think some spoon has forgot to change the profile???

Lets play spot the mistake ;)

We Are The Grim Reapers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PROFILE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are an aggressive alliance who wants players of the same type, no players who simply just want the protection of an alliance whilst they grow their cities.

We fight for honour and justice, and we are all proud warriors.

Spies, dirty diplomacy, and also disrespectful actions toward our allies and also enemies is not accepted, or appreciated in our alliance.

We have values, and respect to other player's values, even though they are our enemies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~RECRUITMENT~~~~~~~~~~~~
OPEN LIMITED CLOSED
Must have points higher than our alliance average, and be in a suitable position. A message with reasoning of why we should recruit you is required.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CONTACT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For Any Contact, Message One Our Leaders:
dandolf, patriott or Gortrex

You're A Grim Reaper! if you share the same values as a proud warrior.

DeletedUser

I will keep your names up Gortrex. :)
You gotta be proud of it. and it can remind you about the past, about your friends, who have supported you to get you to that level. :)

You were once a leader of a 2nd ranked alliance in the Xi world. :) Now we see you are a player, who loses cities, and then run away. :)
Enjoy your vacation mate. :)

and by the way, you know I still like you. :)

However, you still have one more thing to do as well.
please also reveal the identity of your second spy. If you do, we might at least forgive him/her. If not, they will keep being punished.

regards,
patriott

DeletedUser12667

I would personally like to see it a rule that if you post intel on an enemy then you should be kicked out of the alliance. In my opinion it is cheating and should not be allowed by any alliance. I know that we develop friendships between players over the months/years of play, and we end up in different alliances, but at least have enough respect for the alliance you are in to keep the alliance buisness within the alliance.

DeletedUser12512

Being an observer of late, and trying to refresh my memory of the begginning of XI, I seem to recall patriott from those days, and perhaps the chiding he is getting in part stems from what he was like at that time, but recently I have been observing the inroads his crew have been making in redefining how to run an alliance, how to set up aforum, and how to bring pride back to teh group of players he has with him. He is doing an outstanding job with the help of some leadership from the other alliances that have been brought together for this purpose.

It is a refreshing sight, and let's face it, if PV does recruit players/leaders from enemy alliances they are basically shooting their proverbial 'fun' in the foot by reducing the chances of the server maintaining a healthy balance of players to fight against.

PV has experience, some of them are excellent players, but then why do they need more players? hell I am sure you could manage to drop to 15 players or so and still maintain the edge that the server needs to be interesting.

Friends or not, the game is about warefare, and eliminating your enemies visa vie recruitment smacks of something other then sportsmanship.

I haven't been involved much in Xi for a long time obviously, but the disparity that has been present is and should be considered by both sides. I for one would even consider splitting PV into 2 groups now and going at each other, just for the hell of it. especially since a LOT of the players that are PV didn't start out there, what about the old guard and the new guard branching off and seeing how it goes? As I really don't see any point in creating a larger PV at this point. Xi needs balance.

DeletedUser8969

PV doesn't recruit. we ocassionally accept applications for membership. i can't help it if a great portion of the players want to be in PV. we turn down probably at least 99% of the applications for membership that we have fielded since the beginning of the server and it is probably a good deal higher than that. we have recruited less than any alliance on the server. your argument has no merit. it is not PV's fault if players are disaffected with their current alliance. your remarks have no foundation in fact.

DeletedUser

Ok Gortrex,

You have taken those guys with you as well.
Today, we will inform they are identified as spies, and judge their case inside.
They will be punished for both their and your actions.

and yes,
No mercy.

Regards,
patriott.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

lol I do wish you would rename that, you not thought of a better name for that city ;)

The funny thing is you are so worried about a spy that isn't there lol and nor am :D

Some say that he has no understanding of clouds, and that his ear wax tastes like Turkish delight..

DeletedUser12512

PV doesn't recruit. we ocassionally accept applications for membership. i can't help it if a great portion of the players want to be in PV. we turn down probably at least 99% of the applications for membership that we have fielded since the beginning of the server and it is probably a good deal higher than that. we have recruited less than any alliance on the server. your argument has no merit. it is not PV's fault if players are disaffected with their current alliance. your remarks have no foundation in fact.

There was no argument there to be founded in fact, Clearly is says 'IF PV does this"

It was an observation, My two points in regards to PV in the post were:

1) PV doesn't need to recruit/accept new members from enemy alliances - true or not?

2) PV doesn't need to continue to grow in membership base at the expense of a balanced server- true or not?

The post was not about PV policy, nor was it an argument, and in fact everything I said is not intended to be 'founded in fact', its intended as an option for PV to take going forward.

What you CAN help is not accepting players that degrade the integrity of the alliance, those being deserters, cowards, cheats or abusers of their previous power (If you have admitted such players that is) And you CAN affect alliance policy for PV, in turn affecting how XI will continue to foster as a server.

Whether you have had a low recruitment to refusal rate had nothing to do with what I was saying in regards to PV, not to mention the original post was really more about how patriott is actually doing a great job now compared to how things looked only a few weeks ago.

I can understand you immediately jumping up to the defensive here, but really, it wasn't neccessary.

DeletedUser

Nope, can't agree with you at all Atticus.
I don't see how you can say at one hand that Patriott is doing a great job and then feel the need that PV should attempt to cripple itself. Suggesting things like splitting our alliance up - doesn't show much faith in Patriott's group of 6 of the top 12 alliances does it?
Its naive of you to think that PV recruit (even though we aren't actually recruiting) players that are "those being deserters, cowards, cheats or abusers of their previous power". All players come from one alliance to another - it's rare apart from the very start of PV that players join PV from the start.
I'm sure if you check your members most of them came from other alliances - that doesn't make them cowards.

DeletedUser

Dear PV members,

We all know it is a game. and also have known and heard you have great players and personalities in your alliance as well.

you judge your own actions please. We are not here to tell you what to do regarding your alliance decisions or politics.

We are only speaking up, what we think you are doing wrong.
We have values, and we are not happy our rights being abused by individual players and their personal desires, or we also do not like being betrayed, as you/everyone else would want the same things.

and the thing is,
You are the alliance, who gets/got all those people in.
Being aware of all the things happening/happened, you are ignoring what those people have done, and acting like those recruitments are normal.

EX : I will never understand PV taking TopCok in. That is my personal idea.

Is PV a great alliance, or becoming a refugee and traitors camp? You got us confused there.

and as Daizan once said, you are Project Venom. your name speaks up for your goal. You were taking down the heads of other alliances. That was the best way to win battles. However, you were doing it in the battlefield before.
Now you are doing it by taking them in PV.

But it is not only your mistake. It is also those people.

That's all.
wish everyone good luck.

and as an alliance, we are on the battlefield to give you a fair fight.
Let's talk in battlefield. Show your greatness there please.

Regards,
patriott

DeletedUser12512

Nope, can't agree with you at all Atticus.
I don't see how you can say at one hand that Patriott is doing a great job and then feel the need that PV should attempt to cripple itself. Suggesting things like splitting our alliance up - doesn't show much faith in Patriott's group of 6 of the top 12 alliances does it?
Its naive of you to think that PV recruit (even though we aren't actually recruiting) players that are "those being deserters, cowards, cheats or abusers of their previous power". All players come from one alliance to another - it's rare apart from the very start of PV that players join PV from the start.
I'm sure if you check your members most of them came from other alliances - that doesn't make them cowards.

I get you T, and I am not suggesting that patriott can't do it, but it is a process and a trend that obviously needs some work. The 'reforms' I have seen have come in the last 2 weeks - and in that time he has been doing a great job...that's what I was referring too.

And as to PV crippling itself, I think the cycle of players will do that on it's own given time, what I am suggesting is perhaps they do it sooner rather than later to bring additional life to the server as there seems to be an abundance of dormancy atm. I am under no delussions that it would happen anyway, I am just creating dialogue that it would be nice to see.

Basically, I am looking to spark change.

DeletedUser8969

There was no argument there to be founded in fact, Clearly is says 'IF PV does this"

1) PV doesn't need to recruit/accept new members from enemy alliances - true or not?

2) PV doesn't need to continue to grow in membership base at the expense of a balanced server- true or not?

The post was not about PV policy, nor was it an argument, and in fact everything I said is not intended to be 'founded in fact', its intended as an option for PV to take going forward.

What you CAN help is not accepting players that degrade the integrity of the alliance, those being deserters, cowards, cheats or abusers of their previous power (If you have admitted such players that is) And you CAN affect alliance policy for PV, in turn affecting how XI will continue to foster as a server.

Whether you have had a low recruitment to refusal rate had nothing to do with what I was saying in regards to PV, not to mention the original post was really more about how patriott is actually doing a great job now compared to how things looked only a few weeks ago.

I can understand you immediately jumping up to the defensive here, but really, it wasn't neccessary.

merely clarifying a point where inaccurate information was presented. i'm not defensive, simply annoyed at what i perceive to be an intentional obsfuscation. recruitment requires an impetus from the one said to be recruiting. one cannot be said to be fishing when the fish jump into the boat. as to the quality of the catch, time like anything else will tell.

i'm always entertained when people not in our alliance wish to tell me how to run our alliance. :p

DeletedUser

Looking for change, then I would suggest removing yourselves from a "mass pact" civil war will break out as I know members of SHIELD were going rouge but for how long will they not?

This is war and not a place to hold hands and pick flowers in the park!

DeletedUser14937

I don't understand how you think any alliance can possibly sustain itself without further recruitment, if you check PV are losing more original members to inactivity or just plain quitting the server, or they are starting to sim (like me :D ) yup we recruit not because we want an imbalanced server, but because we need new fresh players to keep us going, you want an balanced server yet you can't expect 15 (a number it may well eventually fall down to without recruitment) PV players to keep going against 400+? As for recruiting our enemies, well when our enemies have recruited every single frickin person with a city over 8k spanning 2 oceans away from the PV core and to keep their main alliances looking tough, they put the noobs in the academy, we're kinda left with a limited option list of non-enemy people we can recruit. We still don't recruit anyone and everyone, even though you're probably light years better then the best SHIELD, NK and TGR can ever hope to offer, you haven't been invited given you are an entire ocean away :D! And we won't be recruiting 200 point players from o74 either :p.

DeletedUser

Dear PV members,

We all know it is a game. and also have known and heard you have great players and personalities in your alliance as well.

you judge your own actions please. We are not here to tell you what to do regarding your alliance decisions or politics.

We are only speaking up, what we think you are doing wrong.
We have values, and we are not happy our rights being abused by individual players and their personal desires, or we also do not like being betrayed, as you/everyone else would want the same things.

and the thing is,
You are the alliance, who gets/got all those people in.
Being aware of all the things happening/happened, you are ignoring what those people have done, and acting like those recruitments are normal.

Is PV a great alliance, or becoming a refugee and traitors camp? You got us confused there.

and as Daizan once said, you are Project Venom. your name speaks up for your goal. You were taking down the heads of other alliances. That was the best way to win battles. However, you were doing it in the battlefield before.
Now you are doing it by taking them in PV.

But it is not only your mistake. It is also those people.

That's all.
wish everyone good luck.

and as an alliance, we are on the battlefield to give you a fair fight.
Let's talk in battlefield. Show your greatness there please.

Regards,
patriott

DeletedUser14385

anyone who joined us who your not happy about will sink or float on their own merit, joining us put them way behind enemy lines in the middle of hostile oceans full of players that think theyve been betrayed so things will be very hectic for them until they achieve either victory or death, those of us that chose joining pv over confed knights when the states disbanded can attest to that .... might is right and history is written by the winners, thats something atti understands well enough ;)

DeletedUser14937

I will just answer this , we wanted TopCok to join quite a big while before he actually did, then Soc went into unplanned vmode and we decided to wait. I'm pretty sure TopCok's invitation into PV was at least a month before he actually did join if I'm not mistaken. Him deleting the forums and disbanding the alliance was I'm guessing a final LOLS from him :p

And to a final note, really you should be thanking him, the progress you made after that point is remarkable, PV losing an active city to TGR was considered a 99% impossibility, now not so sure ;)! Had you remained under the same leadership as before, I imagine SHIELD and PV would have whooped you then gone at it for control of 065 :)

DeletedUser

I just wanted to end the conversation with nice words, but you keep pushing it, again and again.

Yes, we learned TopCok was invited to PV before. End especially after what you explained here iCyber, and thinking what he did, and his timing, and his so-called reasons, and then you still standing behind him, I have started to think if it was a planned action.

We were ready at the time to fight against PV, together with CK, and were waiting for a ceasefire with SHIELD, which was not approved at leadership level. and in the morning our old friends Brady7, bucwoody, rm9832, and their fellas have moved to PV with some right reasons of their own. However, we were still shocked to lose them all. and the next morning, we woke up to a dissolved alliance.

and then TopCok has moved to you.
How could you accept such a refugee? Why would you accept him?
Please tell me.

I am completely sorry from the sincere, honest and proud PV members, but if it was a planned action of a few inside you, or a group, there is nothing more to say.
You tell me now.

PS. Stop making fun of what TC did. IT was the ugliest thing the world of Xi have seen.

PS2. Nothing he has done got me to whereever level I am at now. I am just a player like all the others in my alliance. The only difference is: I am speaking for their rights.

regards,
patriott.

Last edited by a moderator: