"Pathetic alliance"..or so called "Coalition Alliance"...

DeletedUser8790

lol, just cos we dont care about them doesnt mean we are going to help our enemies in anyway does it. Dont be such a silly sausage :)

Ev

Ahh I see so your "care" them you just do not "care care" about them. Thanks for clearing that up, Any other false claims you wish to rectify?

DeletedUser

reopen

lets keep things clean :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

One question whats morale compass?? Also i dont agree that real life qualities carry over to this game. Im not a bad person and you cant tell me im a bad person over this game. I mean come on im just like you sitting in front of a computer enjoying a war game and i sabotaged you so what i got bored theta is dying why not see something funny and cause an uproar. get over it

Also you know whats funny about this morale compass stuff hehe, Morale is the exact thing thats letting me kill your 250 LS nukes with 40-50 biremes LOL. i mean how many Ls nukes did i kill from Greebus and grafikstus or whatever his name is in TBE. i mean lol, your sending your troops to walk into wall bumb there heads the commit suicide :D

DeletedUser

anything which serves to guide a person's decisions based on morals or virtues

DeletedUser

One question whats morale compass?? Also i dont agree that real life qualities carry over to this game. Im not a bad person and you cant tell me im a bad person over this game. I mean come on im just like you sitting in front of a computer enjoying a war game and i sabotaged you so what i got bored theta is dying why not see something funny and cause an uproar. get over it

As armor man said, a morale compass is what guides you, be it pointed closer to evil deeds, or closer to good deeds. It's different for everyone As for real life qualities coming over to this game, I doubt anyone on here is acting exactly the same way they would in real life. For me, I'm a lot noisier here than I truly am, for a variety of reasons. However, no one can do a complete 180 with their personality. If anything, their true self comes out here in this game, mostly because of anonymity. For example, I doubt anyone here would attempt to sabotage the US government in real life. They don't want to be punished by the law, and they want some order, protection, and/or freedom around their daily lives, which the government should provide. Of course, I'm not saying that Hellion secretly wants to sabotage some government, I just think he wants attention and entertainment, and everyone else is complying. To that, I say brilliant, and reluctantly applaud, as he won in that department, but likely lost any chance of being a force in Theta, and any chance of leading a successful alliance in any world.

Also you know whats funny about this morale compass stuff hehe, Morale is the exact thing thats letting me kill your 250 LS nukes with 40-50 biremes LOL. i mean how many Ls nukes did i kill from Greebus and grafikstus or whatever his name is in TBE. i mean lol, your sending your troops to walk into wall bumb there heads the commit suicide :D

graph

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en8/player/2363223/colonizations?page=0

I suppose not much else needs to be said here. The only reason morale is even having an effect is because they so thoroughly conquered Hellion's cities, and are determined to do what some say is impossible, even though they know it is possible: rim a player. Rim the player that sabotaged yet improved their alliance. I honestly have to applaud them, winning their battle in-game instead of over-talking on the forums like Hellion. $5 says Hellion is not a good player, and will likely make the excuse of "I'm not trying, I'm letting them take my cities." Of course, now that I said it, I'm going to owe someone $5, but still.

I figure I ranted enough here, so I'll leave you all with that.

DeletedUser

No i will admit, they are thoroughly taking my cities. Yes they are beating. Mabye i am not as good as them. Not all people can be great or even good. And if i am not good im sorry i dont fit your standards Z. And yes they are beating me or taking my cities and what not... doesnt matter. Yes im trying to stop them but i simply cant do it on my own.

Sorry i dont meet your standards of expecting everyone to be great players as i guess you are. Even though i have never seen you play.

Z grade yes people will do the opposite of there personalities on a game, or in times of war. Have you ever met a real war veterin how some come back different and take a while to go back to normal. Want to know why war changes people and this is a war game. Connect the dots im not a bad person or a terrible player. Who are you to judge me

DeletedUser8790

As armor man said, a morale compass is what guides you, be it pointed closer to evil deeds, or closer to good deeds. It's different for everyone As for real life qualities coming over to this game, I doubt anyone on here is acting exactly the same way they would in real life. For me, I'm a lot noisier here than I truly am, for a variety of reasons. However, no one can do a complete 180 with their personality. If anything, their true self comes out here in this game, mostly because of anonymity. For example, I doubt anyone here would attempt to sabotage the US government in real life. They don't want to be punished by the law, and they want some order, protection, and/or freedom around their daily lives, which the government should provide. Of course, I'm not saying that Hellion secretly wants to sabotage some government, I just think he wants attention and entertainment, and everyone else is complying. To that, I say brilliant, and reluctantly applaud, as he won in that department, but likely lost any chance of being a force in Theta, and any chance of leading a successful alliance in any world.

graph

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en8/player/2363223/colonizations?page=0

I suppose not much else needs to be said here. The only reason morale is even having an effect is because they so thoroughly conquered Hellion's cities, and are determined to do what some say is impossible, even though they know it is possible: rim a player. Rim the player that sabotaged yet improved their alliance. I honestly have to applaud them, winning their battle in-game instead of over-talking on the forums like Hellion. $5 says Hellion is not a good player, and will likely make the excuse of "I'm not trying, I'm letting them take my cities." Of course, now that I said it, I'm going to owe someone $5, but still.

I figure I ranted enough here, so I'll leave you all with that.

Come on really? you are so far out of touch with this game I am shocked! Points, You are guaging on points? Who cares about points? Check back in a few weeks if that is all you care about. I am sure he will be fine. Really you guys continue to baffle me with your over developed sense of righteousness. Of course you can "180" your personality here, where else would you want to do that? Really you should see the emails I have received concerning hellion, They are quite amusing and sad at the same time. Apparently no one on in the axis(coalition) understands what "war game" means. Rimming? Winning? I do not think so, If that is true they would not be threatening me to remove my support. And I was in Vm the last two weeks to boot. At the end of the day David Stood up against goliath and you guys are bitter for being Philistine.

DeletedUser

of "I'm not trying, I'm letting them take my cities." Of course, now that I said it, I'm going to owe someone $5, but still.

Here is the funny thing about this Z... I was TRYING to not let them take them for bp's and VP's but i understood that yes i would lose all of my "current cities' Reason being i was based in the north my team is based in the south so how do i fight a whole 3 alliances by myself. Explain that to me if your so great at the game. you wouldnt be able to either. Anyways i was not "letting" them take my cities but i was fine with using them because i still have the slots. Z this game aint about cities or points bud its about slots and bp. Get your Grepolis compass fixed. Any cities i use are just new cities that i can have in the south to be with my team...

DeletedUser

No i will admit, they are thoroughly taking my cities. Yes they are beating. Mabye i am not as good as them. Not all people can be great or even good. And if i am not good im sorry i dont fit your standards Z. And yes they are beating me or taking my cities and what not... doesnt matter. Yes im trying to stop them but i simply cant do it on my own.

My fault on that, I should've looked at a map before judging you as a bad player. For some reason I assumed you had allies with you who could support you. That's what I get for writing a rant while sleepy I suppose. But as I said, I still believe you'll have difficulty being a force in Theta, and won't be able to lead a successful alliance, which, fyi, can get pretty stressful sometimes from what I heard if you don't have a well-liked team.

Sorry i dont meet your standards of expecting everyone to be great players as i guess you are. Even though i have never seen you play.

I'm not that great a player. I can snipe pretty well, and my timing's fairly decent, but besides that I'm useless. I forget to be online to time certain, possibly crucial, attacks too often. I lack the fire to go out and attack and get new cities, especially nowadays. I can't build my city at the start successfully enough to be a force in this game. If I'm not lucky, I'd probably get rimmed early on, because I'm too stubborn, and sometimes think I'm better than I am and refuse to ask for support from my alliance.

Z grade yes people will do the opposite of there personalities on a game, or in times of war. Have you ever met a real war veterin how some come back different and take a while to go back to normal. Want to know why war changes people and this is a war game. Connect the dots im not a bad person or a terrible player. Who are you to judge me

You missed the second part, this is a war game. In real war, I have heard of people changing greatly, but you forget, this is a game. Since we're anonymous, we can be whoever we want to be, but traces of our personality will linger in what we say and do, if slightly. You can make a 150, maybe even a 170, but not a 180, not without outside influence, such as an actual war.

Come on really? you are so far out of touch with this game I am shocked! Points, You are guaging on points? Who cares about points? Check back in a few weeks if that is all you care about. I am sure he will be fine. Really you guys continue to baffle me with your over developed sense of righteousness. Of course you can "180" your personality here, where else would you want to do that? Really you should see the emails I have received concerning hellion, They are quite amusing and sad at the same time. Apparently no one on in the axis(coalition) understands what "war game" means. Rimming? Winning? I do not think so, If that is true they would not be threatening me to remove my support. And I was in Vm the last two weeks to boot. At the end of the day David Stood up against goliath and you guys are bitter for being Philistine.

First, let me correct a misconception. I was not looking at points, I was looking at conquers against, the graph was merely because I like visual aids, and Grepostats isn't like TWstats, where you can bring up multiple different graphs, including city count. I wonder if GrepoIntel has that.
Anyways, as I said earlier in this post, it's impossible to 180 your personality without outside influence. There will always be a few traces of you. You can be meaner here, you can be nicer, you can cooler, you can be stupider, but you can't be the opposite of who you are. I dunno who you are, but it seems you like to skim posts, and not read and reread so you don't screw up like I do far too often, as you missed the part where I applaud, if reluctantly, Hellion's action, even if I may have read it wrong, though no one has denied my reading, and then you call me bitter about him standing up to Cohort, if for, in my opinion, poor reasons, which cannot be proven poor or good.
As for "winning", that seems to be a view we will differ on. You can play for several reasons, you can play to win, you can play to have fun, or you can play to win while having fun. The best players, in my opinion, are the ones who play to win while enjoying themselves and taking things easy. The best personalities, usually, are the ones who play only to enjoy themselves. The most determined are the ones who play to win, and if you take their cities you can sometimes get funny messages. This is a game, no? Show me one game where the objective is not to win in some form. Many get their enjoyment only out of winning a game, even though you should get it from playing the game. The point of Grepolis is indeed to win, even if winning in the sense of defeating all your enemies is impossible, as at this point in the game it is impossible to rim a player with an alliance who does not want to be rimmed. For that reason, players attack other players, form alliances, conquer cities, and early on rim players, many of whom quit, but others continue in the hope of at least winning their ocean, and maybe even becoming strong enough to at least be a force in the world. You may say you don't want to win, yet you're a huge player, in fact, you're number 10 in Theta.

Here is the funny thing about this Z... I was TRYING to not let them take them for bp's and VP's but i understood that yes i would lose all of my "current cities' Reason being i was based in the north my team is based in the south so how do i fight a whole 3 alliances by myself. Explain that to me if your so great at the game. you wouldnt be able to either. Anyways i was not "letting" them take my cities but i was fine with using them because i still have the slots. Z this game aint about cities or points bud its about slots and bp. Get your Grepolis compass fixed. Any cities i use are just new cities that i can have in the south to be with my team...

This reminds me of a player I knew, archerX. Back when TWA still existed, we fought against Phalanx of Atlas Dragons (I think it was them anyhow), and archerX lost most of his cities. But he was determined, and he rebuilt his empire bit by bit with the help of the alliance, and soon enough he was back and kicking, with new slots from defending his lost cities. He's gone now, or in a different account, I'm not really sure.
And it is fully and utterly possible to fight against 5 alliances, possibly more, without losing a city, doubly so if this was a conquest world, but the sheer skill and activity needed make it an endeavor not worth it for nearly all, if without a coplayer, which is illegal in Grepolis.
While you won't reach the Grepo Hall of Fame anytime soon, I can't really call you a bad player, especially with my limited knowledge of your skill and style, but I can't call you a good player either. I can, however, call you a smart player for attempting to do as archerX did, but if you lose that city you call Untouchable in o43 before you get another city further southeast and out of range of Cohort and TBE, you're in trouble, and actually at risk of being rimmed, and you won't be able to pull of what archerX did, as he was well protected and helped by his alliance until he reached fighting strength. Once you're rimmed, you lose your slots, if you can even restart. And believe me, Cohort are determined, I wouldn't put it past them to take the >1000 point cities as well.

DeletedUser

Wait people are still talking about this? lol. At this point its not even a big deal anymore. TC rebuilt themselves, almost all members back and what Hellion did wasn't even that bad. its been a pretty common practice in grepo. And these coalition people need to get off their high horses because its not like members of your alliances have all been saints. I mean Coblet just started a thread where he showed one TP's idiotic players messaging him, and that has been a common practice in TP, not as much as it was but it was nonetheless. Hellion's move ended up being kind of lame, and maybe even counter productive to his own plan, but its not like he went way out of his way to hurt someone so lay off a bit.

DeletedUser

also, i find it hard to believe that we are still unable to start any sort of thread without it descending into ing, moaning or flaming after what? Year and a half?

We need to get some actual threads going in this forum. No wonder it basically died before.

DeletedUser

Wait people are still talking about this? lol. At this point its not even a big deal anymore. TC rebuilt themselves, almost all members back and what Hellion did wasn't even that bad. its been a pretty common practice in grepo. And these coalition people need to get off their high horses because its not like members of your alliances have all been saints. I mean Coblet just started a thread where he showed one TP's idiotic players messaging him, and that has been a common practice in TP, not as much as it was but it was nonetheless. Hellion's move ended up being kind of lame, and maybe even counter productive to his own plan, but its not like he went way out of his way to hurt someone so lay off a bit.

I found this from one of our member's profile. Talking about common sense, aren't you being a bit self-contradictory with this post? lol

Jason1118 has written the following:
im sorry what? not sure i heard you right? you with your little 35 cities is still trying to talk to me? Its funny because im not seeing your name in any attack reports, looks like one of us just likes to talk and take no action. that someone is not me. accomplish something here before trying to act as if you know anything, otherwise you just make yourself look like a joke and waste of grepo space

DeletedUser

I found this from one of our member's profile. Talking about common sense, aren't you being a bit self-contradictory with this post? lol

Jason1118 has written the following:
im sorry what? not sure i heard you right? you with your little 35 cities is still trying to talk to me? Its funny because im not seeing your name in any attack reports, looks like one of us just likes to talk and take no action. that someone is not me. accomplish something here before trying to act as if you know anything, otherwise you just make yourself look like a joke and waste of grepo space

I don't really see how in contradicts me seeing as how my point was that neither side was perfect and that the coalition should stop putting themselves on these pedestals. And yes i remember sending that message in response to an intelligent, friendly, and well thought out message from someone who wasn't even in your alliance at the time in which this was sent *Sarcasm*. lol

by the way i didn't mean to throw to throw TP under the bus to much, it was just an example really. Im friends with most of my Phalanx "enemies" at this point. Thats also why i said you guys don't really do that stuff anymore.

DeletedUser

Wait people are still talking about this? lol. At this point its not even a big deal anymore. TC rebuilt themselves, almost all members back and what Hellion did wasn't even that bad. its been a pretty common practice in grepo.

There's actually very little about the actual sabotage in yesterday's posts, but some part of Hellion's post (#65) irked me for some reason, and I had to reply to it.

And these coalition people need to get off their high horses because its not like members of your alliances have all been saints. I mean Coblet just started a thread where he showed one TP's idiotic players messaging him, and that has been a common practice in TP, not as much as it was but it was nonetheless.
Hellion's move ended up being kind of lame, and maybe even counter productive to his own plan, but its not like he went way out of his way to hurt someone so lay off a bit.[/QUOTE]

I'm offended that you didn't even take the time to read these recent posts before commenting on them, as I did not once condemn Hellion's action. Apparently I still sometimes need to put a disclaimer as well (wish I had space in my sig >.>), as people still infer that, because I am part of an alliance, that I speak of the alliances views, not of my own. You're probably referring to the posts before the lock/unlock though.

Hellion's move ended up being kind of lame, and maybe even counter productive to his own plan, but its not like he went way out of his way to hurt someone so lay off a bit.

Again, I'm offended you didn't take the time to read through these posts before commenting, as you would notice I posted strongly (too strongly when too sleepy, always a bad idea), but then backed off a bit, when I realized, with help of Hellion and cal, that I was being an idiot (as per usual), and not looking at all the details.

Jason, normally your posts are intelligent and good reads, but this one was just lousy. My take is that you didn't take the time to actually read the most recent posts, but I may be wrong, even though I hope I'm not.

Thomas, you need to read the more recent posts too. I believe it was more of an argument, one that I more or less lost due to being an idiot at the beginning. Not to mention, this thread was essentially a big flame directed at the Coalition....wait a sec...I thought this was the Cohort disbandment thread for some reason. Anyways, it's hard to prevent a thread collapsing into moaning and flaming when it starts out with a flame against an entire group of alliances. But yes, we need some real threads, like a war declaration or something, or maybe a PnP. Too bad everyone's already fighting a massive war that shows no sign of ending, so it's rather difficult to do so.

DeletedUser

But yes, we need some real threads, like a war declaration or something, or maybe a PnP.
I'm sensing that this was a jibe at me? (if not, oops).
I am not saying that MY threads are what we need (hence my not creating any), i was simply putting it out there that this forums sucks at the moment to be honest.

DeletedUser

I'm offended that you didn't even take the time to read these recent posts before commenting on them, as I did not once condemn Hellion's action. Apparently I still sometimes need to put a disclaimer as well (wish I had space in my sig >.>), as people still infer that, because I am part of an alliance, that I speak of the alliances views, not of my own. You're probably referring to the posts before the lock/unlock though.

No i remember your disclaimers and assume they still apply. Thats why i like your posts because there not usually overwhelmingly bias.

Again, I'm offended you didn't take the time to read through these posts before commenting, as you would notice I posted strongly (too strongly when too sleepy, always a bad idea), but then backed off a bit, when I realized, with help of Hellion and cal, that I was being an idiot (as per usual), and not looking at all the details.

Jason, normally your posts are intelligent and good reads, but this one was just lousy. My take is that you didn't take the time to actually read the most recent posts, but I may be wrong, even though I hope I'm not.

I wasn't totally directing what i said at you, more of the general audience because this guy hellion has taken a lot of heat , though looking back it was kind of a lame. Guess i should have been more specific, and maybe waited to see if someone else posted some flame stuff.

Thomas, you need to read the more recent posts too. I believe it was more of an argument, one that I more or less lost due to being an idiot at the beginning. Not to mention, this thread was essentially a big flame directed at the Coalition....wait a sec...I thought this was the Cohort disbandment thread for some reason. Anyways, it's hard to prevent a thread collapsing into moaning and flaming when it starts out with a flame against an entire group of alliances. But yes, we need some real threads, like a war declaration or something, or maybe a PnP. Too bad everyone's already fighting a massive war that shows no sign of ending, so it's rather difficult to do so.

The only threads we can have now are threads for flaming between the coalition and whatever you want to refer to AN/AX/HAF/and TV as. Seems like this war will just go on to the end, so really what else is there to say? Maybe we should all just merge into two big alliances and fight that way. LOL

DeletedUser

I'm sensing that this was a jibe at me? (if not, oops).
I am not saying that MY threads are what we need (hence my not creating any), i was simply putting it out there that this forums sucks at the moment to be honest.

Nope, that was an agreement Thomas. :D

No i remember your disclaimers and assume they still apply. Thats why i like your posts because there not usually overwhelmingly bias.

Thanks. :)

I wasn't totally directing what i said at you, more of the general audience because this guy hellion has taken a lot of heat , though looking back it was kind of a lame. Guess i should have been more specific, and maybe waited to see if someone else posted some flame stuff.

Yeah, I figured as much.
Post first, and think more clearly after you get a scathing reply, seems you're starting to follow my usual pattern lol.

The only threads we can have now are threads for flaming between the coalition and whatever you want to refer to AN/AX/HAF/and TV as. Seems like this war will just go on to the end, so really what else is there to say? Maybe we should all just merge into two big alliances and fight that way. LOL

Remember LX? That's part of the reason why we don't lol, it'd be too chaotic and confusing in the alliance forums to properly fight.
Still, you're pretty much right here. It'll be difficult to do anything besides flame, or praise.