Petition to Stop "Warfare Packages" from coming into the game

DeletedUser31385

I agree, this is a very bad turn for this game. I also sign in in protest. This game does not need to go in this direction and I will go on my way if this is a part of any game I play here. Good luck money grubbers!

I know they will try other things in the future. We just have to stop the bad ones from going through.

DeletedUser48638

Hello, I am a player from the portuguese server, but I sometimes play here... O would like to sign the petition to... Innogames is forgetting those who play without any gold and make this game what it is...

If you continue giving this kind of benefits to those who play with lots of gold, grepolis will start to be a game for those o use their money on this! So I agree with this action and would like to support this!

DeletedUser

Sign my name, please.

Petition to Stop "Warfare Packages" from coming into the game

I'll sign. Makes the game more about how much you spend and less about skill and teamwork. Becomes a different game. Look, this is not a flashy game... it's about the teams, and the relationships that are built over time. If I can buy my way to a victory, what's the point?>

DeletedUser20415

This is the second time, that we make inno rethink about changing or adding some features, the first time was the HC, this is second time, congrats to all and thank you to everyone that made this happen again

DeletedUser33530

This is the second time, that we make inno rethink about changing or adding some features, the first time was the HC, this is second time, congrats to all and thank you to everyone that made this happen again

not much but it's progress

DeletedUser31385

Any progress is good as long as it isn't towards a pay to win grepolis.

DeletedUser

That comes down to consumer choice, which I don't think we are debating in this thread. If you want to test a feature for the price listed than that is your choice as a consumer. The beta server exists to test the features, and again players are aware of this when they sign up. It is not productive to sit here all day and tear apart every detail about how the plan was implemented on a test server. It was productive to discuss the possible implementation on the live servers, and we see the results with this announcement.

You're correct that the beta server is a test site. I've played there as well. I think that everyone's concern is that the tests on the beta server become applied to the the main worlds a few months later. I honestly don't remember any that weren't but no doubt I'm wrong and some failed the tests.

My analysis is that implementing this feature,and similar ones, will create a canyon between the paying players and the non-paying players.

I'll use myself as an example... I have a decent job but I also have a mortgage. I don't own an xbox or a playstation. Besides Words With Friends (Shhh...don't tell anyone about WWF) I play grep. I don't even pay for cable tv. If the cost to play escalates to the level of this test feature, I'll be done with grep and move on.

We understand the game is a business but non-paying members have a hard time keeping up as it is. These type of improvements widen the gap between the serious players and the recreational players.

Edit:
Just my thoughts and opinion
KFC

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31385

I agree, more features like this would widen the gap a lot more. The premium products are fine right where they are.

DeletedUser33530

I agree, more features like this would widen the gap a lot more. The premium products are fine right where they are.

well i wouldn't mind going back to what it was lol. Still just let inno get their money as long as they don't make it worse from here.

DeletedUser

Agreed!

Signed!!!

These guys are getting so damn greedy and are about to loose A LOT of players very soon

DeletedUser49197

updated... again! This is awesome everyone!

I would like to thank every person who signed this petition, and helped get Inno to listen!!! Thank you grepolis community!

DeletedUser31385

I am just worried that we will fall over the cliff. It may not be today, tomorrow, or a month from now. It could be a long way from now, but we must prevent it from occurring. We are at this point:

fiscalcliff.jpg

If the money is too heavy (Premium too OP) than the people will be pulled over the edge of this cliff.

DeletedUser19140

Sign me up for this petition on EN and any grepo servers... This should not happen.

DeletedUser

Add my name to the list please. No further comment as I think everything has already been said.

DeletedUser

Credits for sammy95, he did the translation:

I have written a response to Jordan's post, sadly I couldn't get it done earlier.
Before I start I would like to thank Jordan for personally taking the trouble to speak to the community and informing us. I hope he can continue to do so in the future.

Dear Community,

Recently we tested a premium item bundling feature on the Public Beta server which received quite a lot of negative feedback. We would like to take some time to address your concerns in detail, as well as inform you of our plans to take corrective action to fix the issue going forward.

To me, the description 'quite a lot of negative feedback' seems to be a bit of an understatement. The petition was signed over 600 times on the Dutch forums, over 400 times on the English boards and more than 500 signatures were gathered on the German forums. These numbers add up to around 1500-1600 players supporting the petition. A great many of the supporters are very capable and well-known players, players of whom I am aware that they are already spending a lot of money on this game. Based on what I know, hear and see, I can only draw one conclusion: whether people use no gold, a little or a large amount of gold, whether they are playing on the Dutch, the English or the German servers doesn't matter. Everyone (except a very small group of exceptions) is vehemently against the implementation of these packages.
Therefore, expressions such as 'to fix the issue going forward' won't suffice. We don't want to move forward, not in this way. If it were up to us, the packages would never be introduced in the first place. Not now, not in the future, not slightly modified. We simply don't want them.

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for taking the time to show your passion and commitment for Grepolis. We are lucky to have a community that cares and appreciates this wonderful game. Without your voice we would not be able to make Grepolis into what it is today!

The bundle feature “Warfare Packages” that was recently implemented on the Public Beta server was offered for sale as a test. In other words we were only testing the technical aspect of this feature using arbitrary items. Some of the items that you saw in the screenshot were not to be offered together for sale in the live version of the game as presented on beta. Furthermore the bundles and packages would only be available for a set duration, much shorter than the timeframe it has been offered on the Public Beta server. As of today, the “Warfare Packages” have already been removed from the payment window and it is no longer possible to acquire them. The testing results of the last 4 days have been showing us the feature is technically working as intended.

Yes, it was undoubtedly only a test. The thing is that such a test on de beta almost automatically means the feature will be implemented on the 'real' worlds within a fairly short timeframe. Our discontent does not stem from the fact that you were using 'arbitrary items' (although the bonus to BP that was on offer was rather ridiculous), we just don't want those packages to be added to the game at all, regardless of contents or pricing.
I will explain what I, personally, perceive to be the issue. This step will allow players to acquire troops directly using real money. Gold trade already made this process more direct, but these 'bundles' would take it a step further still. Adding this feature would also open the path for more 'promotions' of this kind, whether temporary or permanent. In a game like Grepolis, where players are competing, fighting against each other, adding packages of this kind will have a large influence (much more radical than in, say, FoE). Players (some will continue to buy items, no matter the price) will be able to buy their way to the top, without skills, without the need to play actively. This would greatly diminish the enjoyment many people get out of this game, and it would be detrimental to the longevity of Grepolis.

With the bundles & packages, our intention is not to throw off the balance of the game, the packages that will be offered will be beneficial to both the players, as well as InnoGames. After releasing the feature on the Beta server we have realized that this feature may have unintended consequences and we have therefore decided to put this feature on hold until it can be reworked and re-evaluated by our game design and development team.

Yes, adding the bundles would be advantageous to InnoGames and an almost negligible number of players in the short term, but keep in mind that de rest of the players (the ones not buying the packages) are being disadvantaged by them. Grepolis is not FoE. This kind of offer will impact the flow of the game and the level of enjoyment, so I am pleased you are going to re-evaluate. By now, however, we know how these kinds of things play out: you will probably change a couple of things here and there and in a couple of months the future will be added anyway. I've said it before and I'll say it again: we are vehemently against that.

We also understand that frustrations have been mounting over the past few months due to the release of several premium features. This happens to be an unfortunate coincidence, however we are committed to working on non-premium features in the future, such as the mid-game and end-game revamp that all of us have been waiting for so long. Additionally we have received complaints about the recent changes to the marketplace and trade screens in the game. Many of you have felt that the changes are unnecessary, confusing or unsatisfying, we will be reviewing these concerns and actions will be taken.

'An unfortunate coincidence'? Would I be right to deduce from that that you are all just focusing on your own features and adding them as they are finished, without any consultation within the company? An overwhelming majority of players has had more than enough of all these premium functions and we are certainly not eager to accept more of them, when the changes we would like to see just don't seem to happen. So yes, the WWs might be the largest source of irritation, but matters like unresolved bugs, the relatively long (sometimes rather too long) downtime (during updates, for instance), the complete failure of many updates and the unnecessary and annoying adjustments, such as the recent revamp to the market place. Focus on fixing issues like those first.

Please rest assured that the Support Team and the Community Managers have continuously provided your feedback about these features. Please understand that if you do not see changes right after feedback has been presented, it does not mean that it is being ignored. We receive a lot of information that takes time and planning to properly prioritize and address the issues. We would also like to thank them for their dedication and the hard work they have put into the Grepolis Community, their contribution has been invaluable to the development of Grepolis!

Thanks for your understanding and continuous support! We are looking forward to keeping building Grepolis together!

Best regards,

Jordan Coutout
Team Lead Community Manager
InnoGames GmbH

I would very much hope that this feedback will indeed be used. I want to state once more that the implementation of features of this kind is not beneficial to (the longevity of) Grepolis as a whole, you will alienate a large number of players. Gold users as well. In this case I actually wonder if adding these packages would mean more income for InnoGames. I don't think so, too many players just don't want to see it happen. We disagree heartily with the Pay2Win direction this game has taken and for many of us, this is a step too far. It would be an outrage for you to add this feature despite all of this.

To conclude, I would like to repeat the following requests:
-Develop a new, decent endgame.
-Focus on fixing unresolved bugs.
-Stop changing existing features for the worse (case in point: market place), listen to what the community wants.

Once these conditions are complied with, you could reconsider implementing the warfare packages. Should the majority be in favour of the idea, and by fixing the issues that plague this game I expect you will gather quite a bit of goodwill, you could add them as a feature.
Thanks once more for your response, I look forward to hearing from you again. I am also curious as to the concrete plans and terms at the moment.

Original post: here.