Passed Proposed Change To The Farming System

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 169 96.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

+1 Good idea :D
This would make farming the farming villa's way easier.

DeletedUser

Hallelujah - sometimes the simplest ideas are the best and this is one of them.

DeletedUser

Here's a KISS for Iceman's idea.

KISS = Keep It Simply Stupid

DeletedUser

I would vote for Ice's idea even if it was stupid, just because he's sexy.

But the fact his idea is good makes it all the better.

DeletedUser

if need be, make it an academy research, but yeah, great idea

DeletedUser

It is an excellent idea, as farming would not only be faster, but more organized.

+1 to Iceman for thinking of a brilliant idea.

DeletedUser

Liking the idea! Definitely a step in the right direction.

Like others, I have stopped farming.. too time consuming but its a must if you wish to grow at a decent rate.

Sorry grepolis, your fun, but its seriously a complete waste of HOURS on such a not-so-fun aspect.

DeletedUser

I'm totally loving this idea, it would actually bring some fun back into the game since you'd have more time to attack etc Farming in this game is essential but the biggest time consuming thing which kills the fun of the whole "war game" experience.

P.S
Vote The_Iceman for Ice_President ;]

DeletedUser

Excellent idea. Great for the larger players and for those who want to become larger players.

DeletedUser2795

sorry to be so mean, but here is the reason that it has not been fully suggested before (I have seen people suggest it before, it was not used). If you could send this many troops on a strengthening attack and still get all the strength out of it, then the resistance of the farms would not be noticed and people would start farming below the resistance level with impudence. unless you can think of a way to counter-act this (ie, higher resistance level) then I will not suppor this, though I would not vote against it.

DeletedUser

sorry to be so mean, but here is the reason that it has not been fully suggested before (I have seen people suggest it before, it was not used). If you could send this many troops on a strengthening attack and still get all the strength out of it, then the resistance of the farms would not be noticed and people would start farming below the resistance level with impudence. unless you can think of a way to counter-act this (ie, higher resistance level) then I will not suppor this, though I would not vote against it.
This is about strenght not mood
It has no bearing on the mood of the farms
It's just designed to send more strengthening troops in a single attack
85 horsemen in one hit still = 25/25/25/10 horsemen and has the same effect
Nothing else changes
So I fail to see the point you are trying to make

DeletedUser2795

if you hit with a strengthening attack when the mood is too low, your strengthening attack will meet resistance, and as I believe we all know, more troops compared to a defender means fewer losses for the attacker, so unless that rule is rescinded for farming villages, then this is still a problem

DeletedUser

if you hit with a strengthening attack when the mood is too low, your strengthening attack will meet resistance, and as I believe we all know, more troops compared to a defender means fewer losses for the attacker, so unless that rule is rescinded for farming villages, then this is still a problem
If a player doesn't pay attention to the mood before he starts strengthening, he deserves to lose troops, so it becomes a self inflicted problem

DeletedUser

what JKP3nt is saying is that due to the higher number of troops being able to sent, the player will loose less troops than with the current system, if the mood is too low. This problem however can be compensated by adjusting the ingame formula so that the losses would be the same as they would be when sending 25/25/25/10 at a too low mood level.

DeletedUser2795

what JKP3nt is saying is that due to the higher number of troops being able to sent, the player will loose less troops than with the current system, if the mood is too low. This problem however can be compensated by adjusting the ingame formula so that the losses would be the same as they would be when sending 25/25/25/10 at a too low mood level.

I would be fine with that, it just needs to be included in the original idea before I consider it dealt with.

DeletedUser

There is a definite need to do something about the amount of time we spend doing menial chores like strengthening farms.

P3nt has brought up the possibility that sending all the troops at once will reduce losses as compared to sending them in 4 lots. Since this only affects the one player, there are no balance issues. The difference in losses between a player with enough troops and one that doesn't will likely even up with the increased risk of inattentiveness. By simplifying the task, most people will move through the cities quickly and be less likely to notice they have sent to the wrong farm.

DeletedUser2795

personally, I prefer the idea already in development discussions because it requires even fewer clicks :p

Status
Not open for further replies.