Milestones Rise or Sink (Top 12 Alliance)

• Thread starter DeletedUser31057
  • Start date

DeletedUser25607

Waste of 1.5 years work? This is a game - a team game even. If anyone approaches it as "work" or thinks that what we do here is any more significant than playing Solitaire (it just takes longer...) then they "have issues". Other people might sometimes find us a little abrasive, but I've found a great bunch of people that I'd be more than happy to tackle another server with (as long as it's speed 1...)....

Well, kids may consider 1,5 years playing is a game - they have nothing to do anyway. But most of adult people in best alliances, play first couple of months and after that work hard to find time for the game and be active. Many do so, because of in-game community, some entertainment (though also with boring part) and because of "crowns" too. And it's pity when part with "crowns" goes missed during last month before "wonders era" after 1,5 years playing. And only because of own leadership's arrogance and ignorance, with living in dreams about "we are alliance number 1".

DeletedUser29194

paragon/spider monkeys should have been ahead of us as they started out before enigma existed ,so the enigma guys did well to catch you up and give you a run for your money points wise at the top of the table .

DeletedUser25607

paragon/spider monkeys should have been ahead of us as they started out before enigma existed ,so the enigma guys did well to catch you up and give you a run for your money points wise at the top of the table .

Sure. They were alliances number 1 (SM) and 2 (Paragon) with very capable players and good distance in both City Points/BPs Averages from the rest during beginning. And finishing like this, alone, without friends, ringed, and with the same stats like Enigma had - looks like a long-term leadership fail for me.

DeletedUser

Meh, we've been surrounded by enemies and fighting on all fronts since the beginning, there's nothing new in what's happening now. Same old same old.

Talking about "leadership's arrogance and ignorance" is pretty rich coming from you, Maria. What do you think made me decide to leave Titans and join SM back at the beginning? It took exactly 2 days of your leadership style to get me out of Titans, but I've lived quite happily with Joe's style for 18 months. I wouldn't go round offering opinions on other people's leadership style if I was you.

iz

DeletedUser19251

Have followed this serve after I left,from what I have seen Joe is without doubt a top leader on this server,if not one of the best that play the game and he always sticks to his principles .For this reason alone,win or lose Spider Monkeys will always be remembered for being fighters and top alliance on Olympia,not an alliance that wants to hold hand and play out the remainder of the server.

This is like a reunion haha
Pretty maria you had a lot to say before but when you were not left into Spider monkey for being too arrogant you simple left with a whimper.So nothing has changed you still sound bitter,if not more then usual.With you amongst the enemy ranks there actually hope of a disaster lol

DeletedUser25607

Meh, we've been surrounded by enemies and fighting on all fronts since the beginning, there's nothing new in what's happening now. Same old same old.

Talking about "leadership's arrogance and ignorance" is pretty rich coming from you, Maria. What do you think made me decide to leave Titans and join SM back at the beginning? It took exactly 2 days of your leadership style to get me out of Titans, but I've lived quite happily with Joe's style for 18 months. I wouldn't go round offering opinions on other people's leadership style if I was you.

iz

Playing surrounded by enemies and fighting whole world being 50-people alliance in world with cap-200 - is a leadership failure too.

And on your place i wouldn't remind about "Titans", where you were in a leadership too. Because it was you, who moved my calming addressing to alliance (after F1RST leaving to "monkeys") from public sub-forums, and after that you gone to "monkeys" yourself. What kind of alliance leader you are after that?

DeletedUser25607

This is like a reunion haha
Pretty maria you had a lot to say before but when you were not left into Spider monkey for being too arrogant you simple left with a whimper.So nothing has changed you still sound bitter,if not more then usual.With you amongst the enemy ranks there actually hope of a disaster lol

Wow... Nice to see you are still here Attila. Now we only miss Orest and F1RST, for completing old good company from Olympia "day 1" or something... :)

p.s. Actually, when i re-joined the world here this spring, i considered between taking 2 directions - of "Monkeys" and of "Enigma". And chosen "Enigma" (right-bottom) because had much doubts in "monkeys" leadership and "Enigma" was looking like a sure-bet (besides i was pretty sure that 3 top-alliances will merge on the end). And looks like my doubts in "monkeys" were right...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hm, don't think I removed any posts from the forum. Not sure I even had the privilege. And don't pretend you ever had the choice to join SM rofl

DeletedUser19251

Seems like your back to steal the crown from the Monkeys,talk bout holding a grudge lol.
As for day one,I think you made more enemies that day then Spider monkeys made on this server thats y you are on the rim now,I have never claimed to be a top player the real players are the ones that are here battling it out till the end,not me our you that's for sure.Real life is just a little more important to me I guess.
But I will still be rooting for Spider monkeys,some top players so best of luck to all you guys.
Maria not much more I can say to you,I actually quiet liked you ingame till you went a bit crazy and obsessed with the Monkeys lol

Ps only reason you chose that direction you know you would have been taken out if you were spotted lol

DeletedUser25607

...Maria not much more I can say to you,I actually quiet liked you ingame till you went a bit crazy and obsessed with the Monkeys lol

Well, F1RST had kind of conflict with me if you remember - he gone to you from "Titans" and was against inviting me in "monkeys".

But i had and have nothing against "monkeys" and players there. Actually, we already made it up with F1RST after that (and played in the same alliance in Lindos and in pact in Myonia), being part of "monkeys" was kinda "premium quality" sign for me in every world i've played after Olympia, and i always tried invite such people in alliances i've played in.

But one thing is a player and another thing is a leader. Where leadership fails, it can be very difficult for players to repair.

DeletedUser19251

If I'm be honest with you it wasn't just FIRST but all ex titan members and I'm not just saying that.
In my opinion Joe is the complete leader and player I'm sure he would put himself on the chopping block to save one of his member,to me that's the difference between being successful and being a failure but that's just my opinion.
Every world I have ever see everybody want to win there no doubt bout that and most will do most certainly anything to achieve this but at the end of the day having a crown and not having a crown don't really mean your the best.
In fact if Tbh failed to defeat Spider monkey with little as 50 players,now that would be laughable.

DeletedUser25607

If I'm be honest with you it wasn't just FIRST but all ex titan members and I'm not just saying that.

I doubt it. Because i've got messages from former "titans" who joined you and from some "monkeys" too, curious why i still not in "monkeys". And you also didn't mention about other people, but only about problem with F1RST when asked me resolve it to be invited.
And actually something like 20 "titan" players joined my alliance after i've found it.

In fact if Tbh failed to defeat Spider monkey with little as 50 players,now that would be laughable.

Yeah, indeed. :)

DeletedUser29371

Sure. They were alliances number 1 (SM) and 2 (Paragon) with very capable players and good distance in both City Points/BPs Averages from the rest during beginning. And finishing like this, alone, without friends, ringed, and with the same stats like Enigma had - looks like a long-term leadership fail for me.

Or a huge attrition....

No alliance lost more GOOD players due to leaving the game than Paragon and then SM did...

Thing is Enigma kept lying and lying in our face... while talking to us on skype they had intentions to NOT tell us things... Even after Timmy discovered Loxias he tried to deny it at first.

1. Graffio wanted to merge with SM at some point and Livitius said no (Enigma said no) then he invited them...

2. Heardred was kicked and ''rimmed'' from SM and 55 but due to him having 1 city in 65 SM did not strike him down, instead Enigma INVITED him in ranks and when Joey explained them and asked them to rim him, it took them 4 months of LYING again about having their plans of rimming them and NOT rimming them...

3. Loxias Apollo whatever his business was, was invited to takeover 1 of Enigmas accounts (no problem) but ofcourse a player whose intentions inside Paragon were foggy to say the least (even if i believed him), was hidden from us ON PURPOSE by Livitus and Enigma again.

Then Joey went mad (can you blame him) Enigma only talked and talked, they never did anything when they were asked to do (regarding above mentioned things) heardred being the most standing out thing... Can you find 1 similar thing with SM? We always did our share and when Enigma was not ok with something, Joey did not do 1 sided decisions... he wanted to invite Graffios guys in SM Livitius said no, and he instantly declined...

I was always a voice of reason being a co-founder in Paragon and then a leader in SM. I always voiced my opinions in reasonable manners and tried to settle things when Orestes went ''crazy'' and same when Joey decided something... The fact is Enigma and Livitius together with Pablito and everyone else in that room on skype continuously lied to us and they could've easily merged with us and show 1 gesture of good will in their WHOLE history. They not only decided to NOT do that, they did not even had ba*ls to tell us that. Instead they had to run to their ''enemies''.

Being a founder in alliance is a matter of prestige and a matter of trust... If we could not trust anyone, because in their whole time they did nothing to earn it, then we could not give up such important ability inside Alliance hierarchy. Enigma thought having the same or a little more/little less points/DBP/ABP/BP <insert whatever you want> grants them the RIGHTS of a founder rank. You do know founder can simply disband us and/or kicks us all out right? Who says they would not do that and join with TBA all the same way?

And as FuglyMaria says... yes 1,5 year of gaming inside Grepolis is a ''tough'' feat even with not obtaining a crown. But in the end its better to lose than win with liars. Some of us hold our principles higher than some dirty lying. I have made many great friends with which I will keep contact long after I am gone from Olympia but I will never remember the liars after that...

The thing that ''hurts'' is the feeling I get that Enigma genuinely thinks they did nothing wrong (despite words from Livitius that he knows he did something wrong which could very well be ... well another LIE)... Even when we found out about Loxias and reminded them about heardred STILL not being kicked they did not kick him instatly to altleast ease the ''crisis''... They kept talking and talking like they WANTED to not play with us anymore.

Also Fuglymaria dont be smart again on forums... your past actions and epic success in Titans shows your ability of ''leadership'' so if I were you, I would be quiet about who failed as a leader and who did not... I mean where are the Titans now?

The fact that we changed the merge ''rules'' is purely their fault of not doing anything to ''earn'' the trust, just like us not having a back-up plan is purely our fault. The failure Joey and SM leadership did was they/WE genuinely believed Enigma will correct their mistakes finally. Then again We should not expect such thing from a bunch of well... liars...

Enjoy the win!

DeletedUser25607

2. Heardred was kicked and ''rimmed'' from SM and 55 but due to him having 1 city in 65 SM did not strike him down, instead Enigma INVITED him in ranks and when Joey explained them and asked them to rim him, it took them 4 months of LYING again about having their plans of rimming them and NOT rimming them... ...

Nice you mentioned it, because it is one of bright examples of "monkeys leadership-style" (part of general failure).

For what reason Heardred was kicked out and "rimmed"? He wasn't a spy, he wasn't a coward - he just doubted some decisions of leadership, but instead of discussing things your leadership decided kick him out of alliance and grab his cities while his defensive troops were spread supporting cities of other "monkeys". Was it not so?

That "leadership-style" also accords to a "soldier-like commanding" people write in this thread about. But as izmen has written, this is still a game and not an army. Maybe this is a reason why "No alliance lost more GOOD players due to leaving the game than Paragon and then SM did... " ? And thus are logical consequences on the end...

DeletedUser29371

Nice you mentioned it, because it is one of bright examples of "monkeys leadership-style" (part of general failure).

For what reason Heardred was kicked out and "rimmed"? He wasn't a spy, he wasn't a coward - he just doubted some decisions of leadership, but instead of discussing things your leadership decided kick him out of alliance and grab his cities while his defensive troops were spread supporting cities of other "monkeys". Was it not so?

That "leadership-style" also accords to a "soldier-like commanding" people write in this thread about. But as izmen has written, this is still a game and not an army. Maybe this is a reason why "No alliance lost more GOOD players due to leaving the game than Paragon and then SM did... " ? And thus are logical consequences on the end...

You mean him INSISTING on us waging war with HK?

And even then that is not the point... him being kicked and ''rimmed'' is not important... important part is Enigma kept telling (sorry lying to) us 4 months he wil lbe rimmed when SM asked to do so, and did not do... thats the main point... But when Enigma asked us NOT to invite and merge with Graffio and his gang we instantly denied them just cos Enigma asked so...

DeletedUser25074

Leadership failure for looking out for my alliance?

Here is the thing lol u all say i was being unreasonable with our terms. But all we were doing was removing the rights to kick lol. The only thing that could have harmed SM was someone kicking a WW player during WW times. Personally i dont see how that is unreasonable :p

There was also another option offered that was completely ignored apparently. The following were messages to Liv -

[27/08/2013 21:37:26] joseph lafferty: if u really really want to cement it
[27/08/2013 21:37:36] joseph lafferty: and make it so neither side can screw the other over
[27/08/2013 21:37:46] joseph lafferty: i will give u a spot on every 1 of our wonder islands
[27/08/2013 21:37:52 | Edited 21:38:04] joseph lafferty: in exchange for spot on yours
[27/08/2013 21:38:34] joseph lafferty: i cant kick u then
[27/08/2013 21:38:40] joseph lafferty: i also cant kick any of your boys
[27/08/2013 21:38:43] joseph lafferty: or u leave
[27/08/2013 21:38:49] joseph lafferty: we lose our wonders
[27/08/2013 21:38:50] joseph lafferty: gg

Say what u want lol cause your all commenting on chinese whispers or lies.

DeletedUser25607

You mean him INSISTING on us waging war with HK?

And even then that is not the point... him being kicked and ''rimmed'' is not important... important part is Enigma kept telling (sorry lying to) us 4 months he wil lbe rimmed when SM asked to do so, and did not do... thats the main point... But when Enigma asked us NOT to invite and merge with Graffio and his gang we instantly denied them just cos Enigma asked so...

Very nice. Kick own player only because of some internal conflict, instead of discussing. Rim him, while his defensive is supporting alliance. And after that prohibit alliances around to invite the player.

Come on, he played with you more than half of year before this. Is it a normal behavior with a mate? Are you alliance or kinda army casern ?

DeletedUser29371

Very nice. Kick own player only because of some internal conflict, instead of discussing. Rim him, while his defensive is supporting alliance. And after that prohibit alliances around to invite the player.

Come on, he played with you more than half of year before this. Is it a normal behavior with a mate? Are you alliance or kinda army casern ?

You just refuse to stick to the main point... The main point is When SM asked something from Enigma Enigma did not do that, and when Enigma asked SM to do something they did it. Thats the main point... everything else is an EXAMPLE to prove such point.. now if you have example that disapproves my statement feel free to come forth but since you were never a part of Enigma discussing such thing with you is a waste of time all together.

You keep missing the main point and argue about a sidelined thing which is unimportant.

I am wondering, why did you argue and made so many people leave and go away from you if you discuss things so good? lol

DeletedUser25074

Heardred -

We had a deal with HK that we had with Enigma and paragon. We stay out of O56 they stay out of O55. He took a city in O56 right from under HK's nose. Voj came to me about it i spoke to heardred asking him to make sure he doesnt do it again he fobbed it off.

He did it again a few weeks later i spoke to him again this time telling him it was causing conflict between Sm and HK and that if he did it again id have to take action against him nothing was said back.

3rd time he did it i told him he was going to have to give the city up to HK as it was the only way to keep us sweet and his responce was basically to tell me to take a run an jump in not so nice words.

At this point i made the decission that he was just out to cause war with our allies and he had to be dealt with so we dealt with him.

DeletedUser25607

You keep missing the main point and argue about a sidelined thing which is unimportant.

I am wondering, why did you argue and made so many people leave and go away from you if you discuss things so good? lol

In my opinion, the main point is not in following some ridiculous demands but in being loyal to own players. Enigma took Hearded and was loyal to him, while your leadership played with him half of year and kicked him, rimmed and made problems with continuing playing only because of some disagreements. That shows much for own members (everybody fits such a treatment on himself) and also for alliances around.

And concerning myself - "titans" was 1st alliance where i was in council and did nice job in recruiting people (many of them became "monkeys" afterwards). But alliance founder was a kid who got inactive very soon, F1RST gone to "monkeys" - so alliance became stale and was doomed.

p.s. Well, after explanation from Joseph - thing with kicking out seems to be not so dramatic.