Passed Rumors of War

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes.

Votes: 51 71.8%
  • No.

Votes: 20 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I think he meant trade the farming villages for rumours, so you would still have to spy for acurate infor on the city or you could get rumours about a city from farms which may or may not be useful. Is that what you were trying to put across God Paulous?

maybe something like if you send a few troops you might get something useless like "I hear their wine is horrible" or maybe a level of one of their buildings chosen at random like "their timber level is 18" and if you send more you gather more information or its more reliable.

DeletedUser

I think the point I'm trying to make is that this is NOT meant to take the place of spying or communicating through an alliance forum or anything like that.

And it does NOT take the place of the in-depth reports we get when we are part of a battle.

I just think the people on this board need to cast their mind back to the first month or so playing the game... My brother started a few weeks back and said if I wasn't playing, he would have quit, because it was like playing silent sim-city.

Rumors of War just show people the general action going on around them, without giving SPY-like details or giving an edge to the competition. =)

DeletedUser

What a GREAT idea Rooster!

This idea should be bumped to the top of the idea forum!

DeletedUser

I think the point I'm trying to make is that this is NOT meant to take the place of spying or communicating through an alliance forum or anything like that.

And it does NOT take the place of the in-depth reports we get when we are part of a battle.

I just think the people on this board need to cast their mind back to the first month or so playing the game... My brother started a few weeks back and said if I wasn't playing, he would have quit, because it was like playing silent sim-city.

Rumors of War just show people the general action going on around them, without giving SPY-like details or giving an edge to the competition. =)
So what DOES it say?

DeletedUser

LittleBlazey - So what DOES it say?

Something like... "The city guards report a rumor from a passing silk merchant ship. The ship's captain tells of a great battle fought between DogBoy and Lil'Fart in DogBoy City. The word on the docks is Lil'Fart won the battle."

If a conquest also occurred That would be mentioned as well.... " They say Lil'Fart took over the city and renamed it DogFart City."

These reports arrive hours after a battle or conquest is complete.

The underlined words are the values which COULD be wrong... rumors are sometimes false.

ArjaaAine - "I love it..."

Thanks! =)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10963

great idea, its way to quite.

how about you can also spread fake rumors? would add new tactical possibilities

DeletedUser

Aha! Rooster double posted! Finally the one who blames is blammed! Just kidding but finally caught it!

DeletedUser

I like the idea, I always get annoyed because although this is a war game, sometimes I can't figure out who I should be attacking.

DeletedUser10963

images

DeletedUser

I like the idea, I always get annoyed because although this is a war game, sometimes I can't figure out who I should be attacking.

Exactly! Plus as a war game, it can seem VERY silent.

I think a lot of people fall into the Sim-City mode, because everything around them seems so static.

And besides being boring, its not very realistic. If we we're really living on an island, and our neighbor two miles over had been attacked.... we'd eventually hear about it.

DeletedUser

Also you could add gambling resources into it, for example if Sparta and Athens are at war then you could bet with other people on who wins

DeletedUser

I know that Soveliss, The Toast Man, and Mr. Rooster would agree, Alpha can be VVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY boring sometimes.

DeletedUser

Yup, I've played more than a year and I've learned without attacks this game gets boring :p

DeletedUser

I like this idea a lot. Seem like it would add much needed fun but also make the worlds seem less static and dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.