-Single most favorite unit-

DeletedUser

Horsemen.

As has been said, a fairly powerful unit, and great for farming.

I attempt to add horsemen to my army before anything else.

DeletedUser

Some of us kind of deviated from single most favorite unit,

Land: Hoplite
Myth: Medusa
Naval: Colony Ship :)

DeletedUser

My computer lagged, and posted 2... I did not notice. Sorry.

no biggy. We better get back on track. I do not know why hoplite is such a underused unit. about same price as slingers. I do not know why people whine about them being slow so much, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE IN A TRANSPORT!

DeletedUser

Manticore by far? Yes it takes a while, I have a city right beside another with stacked biremes, swordsman and archers (for protection) with another with stacked manticores, absolute NUKE

DeletedUser

I read the first few posts and instantly knew what I would select, but then I saw someone else had already posted it... Silk already beat me to it...

Light ship by a mile. I intent to have 10,000 Ls soon :D (if I let them all get built up!)

Land - Slinger. cheap + expendable (sling bombs easily best attack vs cost ratio)

God - Pegasus (aka Flying chicken or flying wall)

I've not got 10,000 but I still have alot of them ;)

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I prefer to use Harpies as a mythical unit bomb, you can build large numbers of them relatively fast in comparison to the manticore. Plus a 200 Harpy bomb will demolish quite a few defensive units. Down side would be any sharp units as defense can do some serious damage to them

DeletedUser

no biggy. We better get back on track. I do not know why hoplite is such a underused unit. about same price as slingers. I do not know why people whine about them being slow so much, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE IN A TRANSPORT!

IMO, hops are useful in nukes. Plain hops sent would be wiped out by militia, if the defender dodges. That is assuming the enemy has a decent wall.

Hops need silver. That is about the most useful in the game. Slingers use rock, and IMO, is the most useless. (a brief check in the market would confirm that.

DeletedUser

Land unit: Hoplites
Myth: Dont know have never used one
Naval: Either Colony ships ( bc I like conquering ) or ls ( bc u need those to help a colony ship conquer a city ) :p(D)

DeletedUser

IMO, hops are useful in nukes. Plain hops sent would be wiped out by militia, if the defender dodges. That is assuming the enemy has a decent wall.

Hops need silver. That is about the most useful in the game. Slingers use rock, and IMO, is the most useless. (a brief check in the market would confirm that.

i think hades silver divine power might change that. Lots of thing use high rock. wall, academy, etc. Of course I send in slingers and horses with hops. It is just that hops will kill swordsmen which are most peoples fav. defense. If paired with horses, it can be destructive nuke. Most people just look at attack and say, only 16, then look at defense and say, only 18, 16, and 6 nobody looks at slingers defense, only good attack. if you have hoplites you wont be surprised if a player close by attacks while you are offline. HOWEVER, if you have mostly slingers, you will be eliminated.

DeletedUser

Land: Catapult- Tears down walls like no other, speed is by transport
Sea: FS- Kills ships on a 1-1 Ratio, and defeats LS and Tris for more efficency, and no one smart enough is going to send just transports alone
Myth: Cyclops, very good def unit, except for sharp

Edit: I mean "dumb enough"

DeletedUser

Sea: FS- Kills ships on a 1-1 Ratio, and defeats LS and Tris for more efficency, and no one smart enough is going to send just transports alone
Edit: I mean "dumb enough"

I will if i spy on your city. Couple of times I send CS with one LS only because i spied and saw that he has around 80 FS and no bireme or trireme. I send 1 LS because you have to send at least one naval ship. After conquest all those FS was mine. :p

DeletedUser

I will if i spy on your city. Couple of times I send CS with one LS only because i spied and saw that he has around 80 FS and no bireme or trireme. I send 1 LS because you have to send at least one naval ship. After conquest all those FS was mine. :p

very good words. fireships are good for some things, but if you are being conquered they are absouluty worthless

DeletedUser

Not quite, as I am being conquered right now. The attackers wiped out my 120 Bireme force in two swipes, now I am reduced to using FS. I did however make 10+ Birs inorder to get the CS, which is currently 14hr, 11 min, and ~30 sec from this post.

Edit: To add to this, so far, my 25 battled FS have sunk 24 LS, and one Tri.

DeletedUser

Not quite, as I am being conquered right now. The attackers wiped out my 120 Bireme force in two swipes, now I am reduced to using FS. I did however make 10+ Birs inorder to get the CS, which is currently 14hr, 11 min, and ~30 sec from this post.

Edit: To add to this, so far, my 25 battled FS have sunk 24 LS, and one Tri.

of course fireships are useful, only they are at a disadvantage because they don't attack colony ships and they fight after biremes, so If you had 10 biremes and 50 fireships, and the attacker sent 10 lightships and a cs, than all your biremes would be killed, your fireships would THEN attack the lightships, and the cs would land

DeletedUser

Very true, Im not discounting the Biremes, just that they are more useful only against the attacking ships, which is pretty much what they are sending me now.

DeletedUser

yes. A good mix of biremes and fireships is good. One disadvantage fireships have is that they don't attack transports either. you need one strong army to defend. They are great against clearing runs though, don't use them against transports attacks

DeletedUser13436

A good army can be made without any navy at all. Navy is just to help or avoid transports from landing. Even the CS will return if the land phase is lost. Maticores and Harpies need no transports and are great in offence and Pegasus can be sent to support without Transports.. In addition no harbour saves many Farm Spaces. But such a city can never conquer ofcourse but can be used if you have 2 or more cities to clear land troops or to play defencively.

DeletedUser1405

Favourite unit is Hoppilite, this is because it can be used in defence and offence, and used in conjunction with slingers it gives a great way to clear large heavily defended cities.

DeletedUser

My all time favorite would be LS. It's the easiest way to help out if my alliance is attacking a target.

My second favorite would have to be manticore as they have a huge attack, they can fly, and they have a pretty good defense. I'm working on getting 25 in one city :)