Top 12 Sink or Swim+Discussion

DeletedUser31385

Oh, yes!!! :) Why didn't I think of flattening them before?

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
Please, Font.

Your master plan from day one in Sinope was to rub up with Erik and defend that "strategy" against all disagreements. Hence, when your master plan came to fruition, you lost, what, 30% of your active players, 40? That isn't a mistake, it's a travesty.

At least when Erik says the thing that isn't true, there is an element of absurdity that can lead to a chuckle. :pro:

12 players out of 180 lol is not a 30%

DeletedUser38465

The topic on multiple academies rage onto this server lol.

I've fought this battle too so many times hehe

I think it is what it is man. Obviously if Inno hasn't changed that policy it won't be changed adapt to, overcome or get crushed by many foes simple as that.

DeletedUser18039

12 players out of 180 lol is not a 30%

lol... do they have schools where you were raised? We left with at least 30% of their total points and about 50% of their active players.

It remains true that your boring old man style of play is slowly ruining the game for people who like it more active. All the rationalization in the world doesn't change that... "Oh... it's INNO... it isn't against the rules... blah-blah-blah"

It isn't against the rules of poker to stick your a** in the other players' faces and let humongous farts either... but only a certain type would even consider doing it... and it's only possible from behind a keyboard in this case.

Your alliance has good players and good leaders. Too bad you waste it on the lumpen style that assures victory because there is no real competition.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18039

The topic on multiple academies rage onto this server lol.

I've fought this battle too so many times hehe

I think it is what it is man. Obviously if Inno hasn't changed that policy it won't be changed adapt to, overcome or get crushed by many foes simple as that.

Multiple academies isn't quite how I would describe what is happening in Sinope. They enlisted half the server around six weeks in and it has been a slow death spiral ever since.

When the mass of around 1000 players get crowns out of that server, will people begin to realize what a crown actually signifies in the game as it stands?

DeletedUser46838

Nameless has an academy
so does Eviction Notice
So does Too Late

Impact and IDK the Hammer don't have academies. Academies must be a new fad or something.

Ranga1

Strategos
Grepolis is all about numbers, the game is based on numbers. The more you have in your favour the better chance you have to win (both in battles and in servers). The good players know this and get more players on their side, the bad players complain that the good players were able to get more players on their side. All I see when people complain about an alliance having an academy is "hey its ok to get SOME players on your side, but don't get too many cos then it will be unfair cos I cant gather that many players to MY side"

DeletedUser36743

Grepolis is all about numbers, the game is based on numbers. The more you have in your favour the better chance you have to win (both in battles and in servers). The good players know this and get more players on their side, the bad players complain that the good players were able to get more players on their side. All I see when people complain about an alliance having an academy is "hey its ok to get SOME players on your side, but don't get too many cos then it will be unfair cos I cant gather that many players to MY side"

I will add to this....alliances/peeps who have been playing for a while tend to have a large circle of friends (unless they are the type that repel peeps) all of whom have friends of their own...

Many times, especially in the case of alliances that have played multiple servers.... they tend to get an academy or a spill over alliance not by design or cos they have gone around asking anyone and everyone to join.... this happens inspite of best efforts not to have too many !!! after all its not easy refusing friends you have played with or fought against ...

The second point is....I feel Inno should have realistic alliance caps... I mean an alliance cap of 40/50 is low, especially now when they are opening fewer worlds..

There are exceptions ofcourse...I donot speak of them

DeletedUser

This server is what, 48 hours old? Already there's multiple pages of discontent focused around EN. However its nothing new. It seem's every server people find their way to the externals and pout about the same issue. Are you not used to it by now? Not satisfied? Join a different world or different server. For once let's not turn the externals into a witch hunt and actually use it for what it's intended for.

DeletedUser

That being said...

1). Eviction Notice - My Alliance. Proven Winners. SWIM!
2). Nameless - Some good fighters. Solid leaders. SWIM!
3). The Vipers - Seems like an MRA. SINK!
4). Impact - Some good fighters. Will need to see how ocean develops. FLOAT!
5). Smiley - MRA. SINK!
6). -SpammerS- - Rough Ocean. SINK!
7) Invictus - Premade. Haven't gotten it done in the past. SINK, REGROUP, SINK, then FLOAT!
8). Just War - Seems like an MRA. SINK!
9). Bellerophron Warriors - A few ripe bananas amongst the lot. FLOAT (Until forced to merge, then depending on group sink or swim).
10). -Out of Order- - Seems MRA. SINK!
11). Written in Blood - Experienced fighters. My "Don't sleep on them" team. SWIM!
12). Unity - Some good players, novice leadership. SINK!

Honorable mentions

14). No pettsies allowed - Very experienced group. Will be in the top 10 soon. (SWIM!)
45). Usque Ad Finem Mundi - Experienced group. If they stay small will fly under radar. If they merge, will stregthen any team (FLOAT until forced to merge then depending on choice sink or swim).

DeletedUser18039

This server is what, 48 hours old? Already there's multiple pages of discontent focused around EN. However its nothing new. It seem's every server people find their way to the externals and pout about the same issue. Are you not used to it by now? Not satisfied? Join a different world or different server. For once let's not turn the externals into a witch hunt and actually use it for what it's intended for.

Pout? lol... it's you people with your "but we do this boring low-quality coalition of thousands thing because we have friends" that sound like whiners... you ruin the quality of the game experience. Fact.

Better you find a different game to ruin. Or maybe one day this one will just automatically dispense crowns to whoever has the most "friends" and let you build hotels and have little beauty salons in your cities instead of WWs.

:cool:

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
Is that a trick question?

lol.

1. stay on topic, this is sink or swim page.

2. this is world 84 forum not 81, easy to complain and do blababa , but a few words hardly can explain how a servers comes in place as it did in 81, u need 2 pages to explain it all...don't use 81 for your propaganda in 84 lol, both are totally other worlds.

3. golden crowns , if you get them with 50 or 1000 players, it doesnt make you the better player, or more skilled, but i shines nice on the head. Hope Inno will 1 day give a golden skepter for a second world won, and golden watch for nr 3 and diamond piercing for nr 4.

And why not?....a better golden crown for Victor of world.

DeletedUser40223

I don't get the EN bashing personally. :rolleyes:

End of the day they have many achievements and some great players in their ranks but surely that is a fun challenge to non EN players?

There are many ways to enjoy playing the game and although winning is something we all want it is not everything. Playing and having fun with your comrades beats having crowns all day long and I'm not saying that as some noob who hasn't got a one. My alliance which has been written off already (bit offended by that tbh) won in Nicaea and is doing okay in Sinope. Sure we won't win in Sinope barring something drastic but we ENJOY the challenges we have faced and will continue to do so. We'll have a riot here too..

Fighting when you are outnumbered and coming through it is very satisfying indeed so instead of complaining about EN being unbeatable why not try BEATING them? Everybody has a weakness so try to find it.. Crikey!

Okay.. Sermon Over..

DeletedUser36436

Smiley has become the first alliance to implode. Lost 33 members+