Top 12 Sink or Swim+Discussion

SlothTzu

Strategos
"Thread: Sink or Swim+Discussion
that's just nonsense... im guesing u do not play this world cos u clearley dont know what the deel is, u should start an account on this world and lern some stuf"

Playing here as SlothTzu as if it wasn't obvious enough. But I will try my best to lern what the deel is and some stuf.

DeletedUser21625

hmmm.

i've been playing this world for a while and clearly i dont know what the deel is either.

Maybe i forgot to get my lerner's permit?

ok, let's get back to sinking and swimming..

DeletedUser

I'll try to do Top'12 in perspective of WW. Don't shoot me right away.

1 Quality over Quantity SWIM
This alliance was designed for WW era. The most likely it will be the battle for 4 WW against EN, and then for 7.
What system will win?
EN startegy of numbers and rotation from few alliances into the main or QoQ compact location with resources' short travel time and roster of only active players, who btw secured 6 of 10 in top-10 individual rankings.
Closer to WW they will be an attractive team for the best players from south and deep east. Especially if "Name Changers" don't go for WW. Since they have free spots, they will take them in to get an extra-favor for wonders.
The only danger here is playing with fire, automatized scripts to get advantage. If Viv and few other players avoid permanent ban for super-active farming, they are serious contender and maybe even game-changers for grepolis.

2 Eviction Notice
3 Eviction-Notice
SWIM both
Nothing to say here. The good old favorite of any server they play. Number one alliance by total number. Roster full of experienced players under the solid leadership. There is no doubt they will go after 4 WW, and then after 7, and they will be ready for any eventuality.
Currently they are destroying Bloods. Will we see the most expected war of Abdera, EN vs QoQ? It seems QoQ is not interested in moving anywhere from 065, so most likely EN will have got to visit their house to evict them?
According to scenario the great war will happen after all 7 WW are distributed between alliances (most likely between them two).

4 Written In Blood SINK - restructuring - split
Unlike the two leaders, SinkOrSwim is crucial issue for Bloods family. And it's SINK. If it hadn't been EN (proven killers), I would've credited them Float or even Swim. But in current circumstances,you can see BL ticker is collapsing. Their strategy of merging and sistering didn't work out. I hope they won't split and stay independent, but to keep the independence the way out of core has to be found. They got to secure at least one none-core ocean as a hideout, and south is the only option. If they manage to build just one alliance of proven fighters with 60% def ratio, consider the location, they can be a pain for any neighbor. However they are in no position for WW, and really can't even start thinking about WW.

5 Your Place or Mine FLOAT under another 1000 names
They don't play seriously here (yet), but we shouldn't be fooled, as they have good players and nice location. Three scenarios can be predicted here:
a) Closer to WW they might deliver the best players to QoQ
b) They will take in some Bloods players and try to build 2-3 WW
c) They will try to build 1 WW to block someone from victory.
Probably they haven't decided yet.

6 The Hammer FLOAT
Kings of the Rim. Either will go after 1-2 WW for fun, without a success, or deliver the best players to EN by WW time. My bet is on the 2nd pick.

7 Blood Frenzy SINK - restructuring - split
read WIB

8 Independent FLOAT
To be honest I'm lazy to investigate here. The only option for them to become serious is get rid off noobs (whom you always have in Rim alliance). Take in the best players from other Rim guys like TUATHA, Black Anarchy and etc, build ONE normal alliance, and fight Hammer. If they do so, I'll change prognosis to SWIM.
If the new ONE alliance worked, they might even merge with Hammer, so it could be a real power at the far north/far west. But my calendar says it's just 2,5 months till WW and a lot of work has to be done to complete that.

9 BlAcK AnArChY SINK
Text the same as for Independent.
I will never understand the motivation to play is such alliance. Maybe it's good for novices, but you really need to be a guy without ambitions to log-in everyday knowing there is no chance for victory. No WW

10 Hounddogs Hmmm, let's say FLOAT here
They either will be added to EN or get reinforcement from another alliance. Merge with Hammer is another option.

11 Blood Thirsty SINK - restructuring - split
read WIB

12 TUATHA SINK
The same text as for Independent\ Black Anarchy, no WW

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42857

8 Independent FLOAT
To be honest I'm lazy to investigate here. The only option for them to become serious is get rid off noobs (whom you always have in Rim alliance). Take in the best players from other Rim guys like TUATHA, Black Anarchy and etc, build ONE normal alliance, and fight Hammer. If they do so, I'll change prognosis to SWIM.
If the new ONE alliance worked, they might even merge with Hammer, so it could be a real power at the far north/far west. But my calendar says it's just 2,5 months till WW and a lot of work has to be done to complete that.

9 BlAcK AnArChY SINK
Text the same as for Independent.
I will never understand the motivation to play is such alliance. Maybe it's good for novices, but you really need to be a guy without ambitions to log-in everyday knowing there is no chance for victory. No WW

Have to disagree with the bolded. Know some of the Independant guys and they just enjoy playing as a team, and having fun. Not every alliance is out to win the world or build wonders. Some just enjoy the friendship, community, teamwork that comes with playing the game.

Will say, theres some good players on independant who are seriously underperforming, in that they dont have nearly the cities or bp they could have, but like i say, they are just having fun playing the game. nothing wrong with that.

DeletedUser

I bet Prateek would have let me stay and chat in the EN skype room for longer than 3 minutes.
Some of those other EN leaders are just so cold and unwelcoming :p

DeletedUser36743

I bet Prateek would have let me stay and chat in the EN skype room for longer than 3 minutes.

lol... I missed that... :)

DeletedUser21287

I'll try to do Top'12 in perspective of WW. Don't shoot me right away.

4 Written In Blood SINK - restructuring - split
Unlike the two leaders, SinkOrSwim is crucial issue for Bloods family. And it's SINK. If it hadn't been EN (proven killers), I would've credited them Float or even Swim. But in current circumstances,you can see BL ticker is collapsing. Their strategy of merging and sistering didn't work out. I hope they won't split and stay independent, but to keep the independence the way out of core has to be found. They got to secure at least one none-core ocean as a hideout, and south is the only option. If they manage to build just one alliance of proven fighters with 60% def ratio, consider the location, they can be a pain for any neighbor. However they are in no position for WW, and really can't even start thinking about WW.

It seems we have been sinking and splitting for months now and yet here we stand lol. I admit the restructuring is taking longer than expected but we are now almost rid of those that contributed the least or not at all in some instances.

Let the games begin :Angry:

DeletedUser42857

I admit the restructuring is taking longer than expected

1 branch (Blood Nuns) basically got rimmed by HerefordGrl's lot
1 branch (Blood Bath) have either ghosted or quit

Everyone else been doing your RESTRUCTURING for you :D

any more restructuring you need doing?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It seems we have been sinking and splitting for months now and yet here we stand lol.

Alot of these sink/swim predictions are just what people want to happen, not necessarily what they objectively think will happen

DeletedUser

Cheeky - I gave you a cuddle lol. There's a limit how friendly one can be on a first 'date' ;)

DeletedUser

Me in VM...??? If you mean Very Motivated, then you're correct sir. It's why they call me the "VM King"

DeletedUser

VM is no more than another tactic anyways. It's difficult in a speed 4 but in a speed 2 or 3, you just load the queues, spend 3 days in VM while on a beach, then come back to full pop in your cities.

DeletedUser36743

It seems we have been sinking and splitting for months now and yet here we stand lol. I admit the restructuring is taking longer than expected but we are now almost rid of those that contributed the least or not at all in some instances.

Let the games begin :Angry:

This is true... i for one expected the splitting to happen sooner.... but i do think it will happen....

Zarun-

Strategos
VM is no more than another tactic anyways. It's difficult in a speed 4 but in a speed 2 or 3, you just load the queues, spend 3 days in VM while on a beach, then come back to full pop in your cities.

It's even better in a 4, you can just VM the 24 hour minimum for most queues.

I have absolutely no problems with doing that if I get severely depleted in troops/ships.

Last edited:

DeletedUser21287

Alot of these sink/swim predictions are just what people want to happen, not necessarily what they objectively think will happen

Exactly and people want this so it becomes a 2 horse race between EN and QOQ.