Top 12 Sink or Swim+Discussion

DeletedUser42857

You could, if your posts about it weren't all over the Sinope subforums. Here's one, anyone who cares can find the rest.

I could do you one better and call Mortiferum here and ask him what happened to grepodim in AG III.

Had one city, went in there with a team of 20 players, got opped by people we considered friends (Which yes we were off about) and we defended like absolute heros. Over 30 CS sunk.

This was 15-20 players v 50 players, all of them with 3-4 cities, and yet cs after cs was sunk. (And pretty soon after the attacking alliance split in half)

And no, I DID NOT go in vm while being opped, I DID NOT ghost while being opped, I DID NOT quit while being opped. So you are flat out a liar.

I went to pheonix rising or whoever they were called, rebuilt, regrouped, got back up to conquest level again, but at that point Pheonix decided it was a great idea to have 15 pacts, 15 aliances green flagged, plus so many naps it was impossible to keep track of who you could and couldnt attack. Then Pheonix (i think that was there name) merged into someone else and i found myself in another alliance, then they merged into yet another alliance. At that point it was clear that I was just going to be a tiny cog in a pretty massive MRA so I went in VM. I then contacted madnutz (Ryan), Morti and a few others and offered if they wanted to (morale being active), i was happy to cancel my bp and they could use my city as a bp farm if they so wished. They arent the sort of players to stoop to such levels so I just let my vm run out and i guess someone took my city when I got back.

But I DID NOT go in vm while being opped, I did NOT quit while being opped, and did NOT ghost while being opped, and if you want to ask morti feel free, ask him how many cs we sniped.

Again, you are flat out either a liar, a troll, or have a really really bad memory.

And your quote, either english isnt my strong point or it isnt yours. It wasnt the sinking of the CS i missed, it was the falling apart of TUS that i missed. As yes, by that point i was on holiday.

I quit sinope because i had a no interest in being part of an mra with 15 pacts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zarun-

Strategos
Didn't say you VM'd. Didn't say you ghosted. Didn't say you quit.

All I said is that you golded down demolitions before we took your city. You, mort, and Eisenhorn.

Edit: Yeah actually I did say you quit. Well I don't know what else to call golding down demolitions lol.

Last edited:

DeletedUser49059

I quit sinope because i had a no interest in being part of an mra with 15 pacts.

So being part of an alliance with branches and pacts on this world is so much different? :cool:

And about that MRA and 15 pacts...I sure hope you aren't counting Butters and Fluff in that group, or really the "Anti-Coalition" Coalition in general. Why? Because it was simply not in existence at that point in time.

If you want to go back to Sinope and revisit the situation...I can refresh your memory regarding the "anti-Merge" coalition and when it came into fruition, why it happened, whom the original actual member alliances of it were...after all...who do you think set it up, in response to Erik's lies?

DeletedUser

You didnt quit Sinope by choice it was because you got rimmed 1 week after bp ended.
The world opened Janurary 12th and you didnt even make it February, way before any if this 'mra with 15 pacts' stuff your talking about.

Here is when it happened to jog your memory.

0cbbdb2d4942a1e6ca8b713ab011d4dc.png

DeletedUser42857

You didnt quit Sinope by choice it was because you got rimmed 1 week after bp ended.
The world opened Janurary 12th and you didnt even make it February, way before any if this 'mra with 15 pacts' stuff your talking about.

And again, read the above, unless you are too stupid to read.

Yes, a week in we were attacked by our mates at Tus, I did not contrary to what Zaruns says did not gold down any cities, did not go into vm, did not ghost.

Your screen shot just shows that Arvid conquered my city? Does it show you my other city? Does it show you my alliance changes?

Does it show my founding of a second city (Oakville), does it show my moving with several others to Pheonix, does it show me being in their skype room for well over ten days, does it show me then moving alliance again. You really think 12 days into the server i only had 1 city? believe it or not I can get an academy to 22 in ten days.. duh.. (In fact if you talk to TUS you will find come the end they actually held out on the conquers to allow me, xcal, high almighty and others get our cs out and foundings completed :p)

No, it doesnt. All that shows is a city being lost.

Yes, Along with the rest of my guys we got hammered by people we considered friends at TUS, lost cities but sunk a shed load of CS's, some players managed to get cs in the water and found, i ended up slightly north as ive already said in an alliance called pheonix or something or other (was actually Nisa that managed to get our guys to safety, which was an incredible show of good sportsmanship considering our rivalry in en70).

Yes, I just made up the entire story about what happened, i totally made up this other alliance, totally made up the second city (which was primeraly on the north tip of a long skinny n/s island) which after going in vm was the city i offered to madnutz and morti as a bp farm, made it all up... yawn

go away and come back when youve got something more to show than a single city conquer.

You are arguing with someone who for a variety of reasons cant remember what he had for lunch, but can remember word for word conversations he had ten years ago. My memory is much better than your assumption based on a single city conquer.

(unfortunately it wont let me register for sinope now so cant go in to screencap my conquers)

Didn't say you VM'd. Didn't say you ghosted. Didn't say you quit.

All I said is that you golded down demolitions before we took your city. You, mort, and Eisenhorn.

Edit: Yeah actually I did say you quit. Well I don't know what else to call golding down demolitions lol.

Nah, golding down buildings isnt my style, for one thats just dumb, but 2, i cant afford to it. Youre talking to someone who has less disposable income now than I had when i was 12. Went the whole of this server without buying any gold.

Why are we even talking about sinope anyway?

DeletedUser42857

So being part of an alliance with branches and pacts on this world is so much different? :cool:

And about that MRA and 15 pacts...I sure hope you aren't counting Butters and Fluff in that group, or really the "Anti-Coalition" Coalition in general. Why? Because it was simply not in existence at that point in time.

If you want to go back to Sinope and revisit the situation...I can refresh your memory regarding the "anti-Merge" coalition and when it came into fruition, why it happened, whom the original actual member alliances of it were...after all...who do you think set it up, in response to Erik's lies?

This was way before all the anti coalition business, and well before butters and fluffernutters etc. This was in the 1st month of the server. I ended up in, im sure they were called phoenix rising or something or other. They were pacted with a shed load of tiny alliances, was a typical mra that pretty much allied anyone who sent a pact request. They then had a whole ton of nap's agreed so had to go through the map colouring people in, but they would change naps and pacts on pretty much a daily basis but not actually convey it by mass mail or anything.

This is all well before the anti coming soon thing was put together. I might have had some enthusiasm for that, but enthusiasn for a bunch of noobs who just pact everyone.. nah. :D

DeletedUser31385

This was way before all the anti coalition business, and well before butters and fluffernutters etc. This was in the 1st month of the server. I ended up in, im sure they were called phoenix rising or something or other. They were pacted with a shed load of tiny alliances, was a typical mra that pretty much allied anyone who sent a pact request. They then had a whole ton of nap's agreed so had to go through the map colouring people in, but they would change naps and pacts on pretty much a daily basis but not actually convey it by mass mail or anything.

This is all well before the anti coming soon thing was put together. I might have had some enthusiasm for that, but enthusiasn for a bunch of noobs who just pact everyone.. nah. :D

One alliance had like 20 pacts and 50+ NAPS.

DeletedUser

I am not one to be bias so before you read this and say ah, he's saying that because of hes in this alliance or that alliance or they are enemies to me blah blah; this is an objective sink or swim, based on stats and what has happened in the game and not just the trash on externals.

Sorry it took so long, busy day.

I genuinely didnt know what else to put and got rather bored trying to find pictures for every alliance.

bolt-600x295.jpg

34b0c6a38b5917e1b9e9e7673838355b.too.large.jpg

Rank 1 - Quality Over Quantity - SWIM

As many have said previously and many have saw, they are pulling away from Eviction Notice in 2nd place and there is now a 4 million point gap? They are growing at an exponential rate, not just their points, they are showing the world and the externals that they like to kill enemy troops, HINT. They are beginning to dominate this server, proving that the ever popular MRA strategy just doesn't cut it. They are running pretty much flawless right now, not faulting at anything from my point of view. Will this small skilled alliance be able to compete with the revolving EN tactic? In this week; they are currently 20 - 0 vs EN; showing that theres a new top dog on grepo.

Rank 2 / 3 / 7 - Eviction Coalition - SWIM

EN are past world winners, considered one of, if not the greatest alliance in the history of Grepolis. But can their run of form be cut short? Not going to sugar coat it but EN are having a little bit of a rough patch, not saying that they cant recover but they definitely need to sort out and address the issues of their 'not good enough' members like Kurbads who are not team players. I have the greatest respect for the leaders there yet just leaders cannot make an alliance great, although there are good players in EN, bit like bloods where some are overshadowed by their own egos, and just average players per say. This week it was shown that EN are not invincible, and there since has been no retaliation OP from EN? Can see one coming very soon! In the past few days, even bloods have took a few cities off them, with the number i think about 6-7? QoQ took 20 this week and well, Independant, are up to over 30 cities took since the weekend. Alot of things going wrong but i have no doubt that the leadership can sort out and iron the crinkles out. They have a huge shot at winning WW and if they don't start acting like the EN i've heard about and the EN that is feared and the winner of worlds, i dont know if it will be possible. Only time will tell with EN but i don't expect this to get in the way of them winning a world, will be one of the last two standing regardless of what happens.

Rank 4 / 8 - Blood Family - Leaning towards SWIM

Are they still here? What? You serious?
Yeah i know jesus christ, still here? Who would have thought that? I have slated and prodded Bloods countless times on externals and in my top 12's, they should of sunk a while ago from the mighty EN and either EN are not acting like EN should/EN aren't all they're cracked up to be or Bloods are a stubborn group and i think its a little bit of both. Bloods have saw their alliance number shrink by the day, a good thing? I think that MartinusV was speaking a little bit of foresight after all, the slimmer bloods looks much more appealing than the shaky 200 member fiasco it was before, can see them actually doing something. Props to the leadership over there, especially Ruthie2 for hanging in there and getting the majority of your alliance through the shrinks and keeping them motivated to fight. Im leaninig towards a swim but they are still losing cities, but with the pressure alleviated of their shoulders, is it going to give them some breathing space to get back on track? Don't know what they are doing for WW so don't even expect me to make up some novel about it, probably going to try get them in central 55 maybe? Doesn't look good surrounded on all sides.

Rank 5 - Change My Name Like The Weather - SWIM

Having a whale of a time down in 56/57 with 70 conquers from 13th place Bulletproof Monks; this bunch of guys and gals and dory the machine seem to be enjoying themselves growing and catching up to bloods, they are clearly an alliance that cannot be underestimated, unfortunately they are not planning to play for WW which is a shame as it would get very heated in 65/66 between QoQ and PP. Apart from that they are a very nice bunch of people and i wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of them, great players.

Rank 6 - HammerTime - SWIM

They are going to swim, they are king of the rim, if this was a morale server it would be quite different, they are happy to pick on those a lot smaller than them, taking cities from the TUATHA MRA, Rising Pheonix and a few other small alliances that probably can't defend themselves very much. Would like them fight someone else but that will probably be alongside EN. Haven't played/fought them so i cannot say if they are good fighters or not so i will leave that down for everyone else to decide.

Rank 9 / 12 - Independent Black Woman Who Don't Need No Man - SWIM

Well Well Well, what do we have here then? Independent have grown in the harshest of conditions, been back and forth against EN and well, they saw kurbads and one of EN's biggest players and they took advantage of his offline time and were efficient enough to take 15+ of his cities pretty much flawlessly. Its really put indie on the map so to speak, they aren't interested in an end-game, they are interested in having fun, and having fun they are. They cannot be underestimated any more after the weekend and i plead EN to take these guys seriously like the rest of the server has. Between them and their sister alliance they have took 30 cities off EN this week, i think that deserves at least some recognition, regardless of the circumstances of Kurbads who felt karma at its best. Can see that they are feeling good and feeling confident, maybe these guys can make a change.

Rank 10 - TUATHA - Not Sure

Don't know much but from having a poke around on oracle and grepointel they are pretty much eating their own via internals and with the huge mass of alliances, this MRA spans a few oceans, seem to be getting cities taken from them whenever others please. Not going to put them as a sink until i know for certain that they have it in for them, dont know what the agreement is with other alliances regarding them but they dont look as if they are anything special. Done this last time and all people said was the biggest MRA ever so? Seems to me that alliances like Black Anarchy are around them and they dont seem to be getting too much bigger but not exactly decreasing in size.

Rank 11 - Black Anarchy - Not Sure

They are in the rim and are eating a lot of TUATHA and the huge amount of sister alliances they have, seem to be having it rather easy, no one really attacking them so they should be able to grow. However if they come against a good alliance it might all change? Their alliance hasnt really been in the spotlight so i just have to assume they are doing well. Once again, i know little of the political standpoint other alliances hold with this alliance.

DeletedUser

i mean that I think this top 12 was not written by you.

What makes you think this? I can assure you that I wrote this. If you think that something is wrong with it, please tell me so I can update and change the top 12.

DeletedUser

top 1:

en is bestist evr an dimspak is teh best playur evar, he tu gud fur abdura

Better Dum, i mean Dim?