The Demise of Grepolis (premades)

DeletedUser17088

My point wasn't that premades kill worlds, my point is that premades kill the classic way of starting a world, there is no longer any adventure in starting a world, the only novelty you can look forward to in most premades is the competition with......other premades

Hardly Any of the old guard will join a world that they want to do well in, without surrounding themselves with people they know are good. My point is that prades kill the excitement of chance, you can argue until you are blue in the face that premades are still exciting etc and that is fine but some of us just want a world to open Where we can join without caring that in a certain direction an alliance already has the advantage of familiarity and proven quality. The solution of having to join a world with speed 1 and morale blows

DeletedUser22650

drop somebody like Middy, OKC or Atti alone and under an unknown alias into any ocean in any new server and they could recruit and train a squad to give any premade a run for their money...ppl can and do join randomly and get on just fine, its a rare premade that goes in and instantly dominates.....just look through the premades tab and count the successful ones

DeletedUser17088

Which I already said on the OP, but that point has only a small part to do with this subject

Dropping any of the above players in an ocean alone and what happens is what should happen, they recruit and lead/train randomers to see what happens, luck of the draw

DeletedUser

But if a group of decent forum players landed near to eachother, they are always going to band together and form a decent alliance siply because they know each other...

I really want a world without premades, but i still think you'd get the one 'super alliance' forming.

DeletedUser

I still remember when I played alpha on the Dutch server, no premades or such, and I can say that it was the most exiting server I've been in. I started out as a noob and ended up as the leader of the #2 alliance. It was a slow, but extremely fun process and I would LOVE to see similar things happen again. :D
I'm afraid that won't happen though :(

DeletedUser22650

kappa had the most pre made or super alliances of any server ive been on and it was the most fun, and i was a random noob logging into the middle of it all ....you need the big bad wolf

DeletedUser17088

But if a group of decent forum players landed near to eachother, they are always going to band together and form a decent alliance siply because they know each other...

I really want a world without premades, but i still think you'd get the one 'super alliance' forming.

if that was to happen at least it happened by chance mate which is fine :)

kappa had the most pre made or super alliances of any server ive been on and it was the most fun, and i was a random noob logging into the middle of it all ....you need the big bad wolf

name the premades, because I only know 1

-Black Shadows-

DeletedUser22650

dark sun and dark tide both had lots of vets as did vrod, phantom knights and confed states...bs may have been the only pre-made in a purely technical sense but there was lots of quality across the server and it gained from it.......could this have been caused by ppl having to step up to fight bs? i think its very likely

DeletedUser17088

Confed was not a premade alliance as such, OKC Adonis founded it with a few friends and took it from there, Same with Dark Sun (smokey Joe,ryansface and senior of tractus etc)

Vrod did not exist until later in the server.

Vrok was also just a regular alliance containing a few friends started by Siraj The Viking I believe. they later merged with Dominion (ex Black Shadows players) so even Vrod was not a premade

Kappa was amazing because of how chance turned the server against the only real premade

DeletedUser

if that was to happen at least it happened by chance mate which is fine :)

Yea fair enough.

Maybe we should just ask tyrion to ban premades in a coming world (not the next one as someone has already pointed out that premades have been made for them) but maybe the one after...?

DeletedUser22650

Confed was not a premade alliance as such, OKC Adonis founded it with a few friends and took it from there, Same with Dark Sun (smokey Joe,ryansface and senior of tractus etc)

Vrod did not exist until later in the server.

Vrok was also just a regular alliance containing a few friends started by Siraj The Viking I believe. they later merged with Dominion (ex Black Shadows players) so even Vrod was not a premade

Kappa was amazing because of how chance turned the server against the only real premade

now your just being needlessly pedantic, all of those listed could have been counted as premades if theyd just posted a thread before the server started :p

DeletedUser17088

Its not banning premades that Grepolis needs . its the attitude that to do any sort of good, you need to organise, get to know and pick and chose your members before the world happens

If you ban premade threads happening they would still organise through skype/social groups etc...its the recent tradition of premades that needs to stop :D

*edit* yeh im being pedantic because I want my game back :(

DeletedUser

Then i don;t believe anything can be done!
We can't just change people's attitudes like that *click* :(

DeletedUser17088

this is a topic of interest and not really an attempt to change peoples opinions, if that happens then great! I know i am not alone in feeling like Premades suck the very point out of what was 'classic' grepolis world starts, I roll my eyes and decide not to join worlds because of them

Everyone remembers the magic of starting randomly, So i dont understand why people feel the need to eliminate that magic that is all

DeletedUser

People enter a world wanting to be in the top alliance and to be one of the top players.

They (myself included when i actually played) believed that joining an alliance full of players who A) know eachother and B) are actually not total noobs will give them the best chance of achieving those two things.

So why would anyone NOT want to do this?
The aim of teh game is to try to be the no.1 player, and premades help you get there (in theory).

Players are always going to try to get a leg up on others, this helps them to do so.

I wish it wasn't the case but meh.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

ughh,
i forgot to do the end part of the post.

edited it in now.

DeletedUser

I just entered randomly in the newest world choosing random location and accepting a random alliance invite :heh: