The Future of Hero Worlds Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

im not gonna argue till my fingers fall off....

if inno-games does not come up with a solution - then i will go into VM for a determined period and take all the players I can with me...this could be 24 hr or one week - if they dont come back - so be it - this is for inno-games to worry about.

Should inno games ignore us totally - why do i want to give my time and money to a corporation that says one thing and then does another. I have spent YEARS on this server and tons of time and a bit of money - I can find other things to do involving jiggly bodies and pretty faces.

An economic boycott ALWAYS gets a corporation's attention - and you know what an attention whore i am.

I have hereby declared to my alliance we will cease fire all attacks on the server....if you decide to attack us..that is your decision

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree that we need to get the right attention but I don't think its the way to do it but as always you will do your own thing regardless of the outcome I have nothing further to say on this all I await is inno final say they gave us this topic to discuss this change and we have they can see the outcome no one has said thats a good idea lets do this Inno so clearly the people have spoken now is the time to say we are going to listen to them or you just dont care.

Now I dont think for one min inn0 dont care as they wouldn't of made this forum they would have just sent a mail with all the changes like they have done so many times b4.

DeletedUser21774

To institute wonders on a server that was specifically stated at the outset not to have them is a very off call but to do without consultation of the player base..well as I said is in bad taste Inno.

Here here!

DeletedUser25746

All I know is I will never play any innogames game ever again if this goes down. You'll lose my money and activity... And by the looks of it 6 or 7 other people plan on doing the same thing. You think this world staying open is losing money? How about 7 people quitting completely. Will that suddenly make more money than just keeping it open?:pro:
I've actually never spent a dime on grepolis. Sorry innogames but you will never make money off of me.

Well that sold me. Best arguements made so far.

DeletedUser19607

Well in my opinion I haven't tried world wonders much at all...tried for a few days and I got to say it wasn't the right way to end the older worlds.I just learned of this topic about an hour ago and had to express my opinion a bit....

If Innogames is going to do this such thing then don't do WW for the hero worlds,it should be at least a more fitting end than that of resource gathering to build structures.I think since its a hero world we should go out like heroes and let the best of the best win the world.There should be a Hero World Tournament for the world where alliances are pitted against each other in 1 v 1 battle of the alliances...Most abp or over all bp should proceed to the next round to fight the winner of the other said battle ...If there is a period of rebuild then that period should last for 1-2 weeks for rebuild and then the next round commence...Also pacts in this tournament are disabled and academies account as there own alliance as well so its purely 1 v 1....I think that this would be a great way to end if Innogames is going to proceed in making the hero worlds regular worlds ..Might as well scrap WW and make it a true ending that will leave the best of the best the winners of it all in all out battle..

Its just an idea but it could turn into some real fun for an end game even though alot of you all seem to be against an end game anyways guess this is just a means for you all to war in a tournament and the best alliance win...

I might of confused alot or some of you all but lol just my opinion if they are going to do this :pro:

DeletedUser

i vote no WW and let us fight never ending titan wars like we joined this world for please, im sure more players will join cause i see alliances getting bigger every few days and this is my simple post >:)

DeletedUser

It costs money for a server to operate and those costs are offset by premium players buying gold on said server. At some point the amount of gold being bought on a server no longer offsets the costs incurred running it hence the 300 active player count minimum.

Ok, so change the entry requirements to let new people in since money (as always) is the root of the problem. We who play in a never-ending world have already invested heavily in our commitment to the Hero World. Whether Inno allows a greater population on the world is the only question of how much money Inno can/will make.

In the meantime, I strongly support Clive's stance that we not build WWs (Inno can't make us) and as a show of both solidarity/peaceful protest, go into VM on a set date for a set period of time.

DeletedUser46395

World Wonder may be an endgame feature but they don't end the world. If an alliance builds all 7 they world doesn't start a closing countdown. The countdown only starts when a world drops below 300 active players. The hero worlds are getting these changes because they have constantly been losing players and keeping the servers open forever would just cost inno an unreasonable amount of money. Inno is a company and they need to make decisions based on that so they implemented changes to a world system that was not working to allow for them to close eventually. So long as the Hero Worlds stay above 300 actives they won't close, same as any other world.

It costs money for a server to operate and those costs are offset by premium players buying gold on said server. At some point the amount of gold being bought on a server no longer offsets the costs incurred running it hence the 300 active player count minimum.

All of that's understood, but on the other hand Inno has really shot itself in the foot by not consulting BEFORE a decision was made here, and by not understanding what customers want. We had that rather silly in-game questionnaire this week that focused on other games to a large extent - what Inno should be doing with its existing Grepo customers is asking them what they want from the game - although I suspect most of the answers are already in these forums. It's non-Grepo players who could've provided insight with that questionnaire...
The consensus in this thread seems to be largely that these decisions are wrong for quite a few players. Inno is indeed a company, and as such relies entirely on its customers, and it's just not good business sense to make customers so unhappy - could be horribly expensive compared to the cost of keeping a server open with existing rules.

DeletedUser41523

Ok, so change the entry requirements to let new people in since money (as always) is the root of the problem. We who play in a never-ending world have already invested heavily in our commitment to the Hero World. Whether Inno allows a greater population on the world is the only question of how much money Inno can/will make.

In the meantime, I strongly support Clive's stance that we not build WWs (Inno can't make us) and as a show of both solidarity/peaceful protest, go into VM on a set date for a set period of time.

Xendia, don't bother arguing with Baudin. It doesn't matter how good your solution is, how much support it gets, etc. He'll either condescend you for it or blow you off.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Aside from relaying people's opinions I have nothing to do with implementing ideas. However some people think us mods are the ones responsible for game changes. As for the letting in new players suggestion, that is gonna happen with this change. New players will be able to join the two existing Hero Worlds and you'll be able to invite your friends to join them as well. This should bring up the active player count in both worlds so as to keep them from dropping below 300 and closing for a while yet. Granted this is assuming people want to join worlds as far along as the Hero Worlds are.

DeletedUser

Once again clive reacts with theatrics. I agree to an extent about the hero worlds but would actually like them to be revamped. I have always enjoyed the hero worlds. We do not need an end game on them. At the end of the world the top allaince is the winner and I think should recieve some reward for being so. After all it is a hero world where only the most experienced players can play. We dont need an end game only to see who is the ultimate best.

DeletedUser19607

How do we define a top alliance tho ? Is it by rank,abp/dbp,or respect..Not all #1 alliances are the best in there world but whatever was just saying...I really wonder tho if changing these hero worlds into regular worlds will bring new faces to the world in larger numbers...Pretty sure most players don't want to join worlds where there are already over 75 of the top 100 players over a mill points ...who knows tho but what about making them regular worlds with the exception of an end game...that way you get the best of both worlds which is more people joining the older hero worlds and the all the players that already been there not losing all there hard work due to an end game situation and plus the newer players won't say it was a waste of time starting in the world that's nearly about to close due to WW being in the worlds....So yeah no WW's ...just change the worlds to regular worlds so we all have our way kind of...kind of a meat me half way kind of thing :) pretty repetitive I believe but it works in both parties favour with bring back a little life to the 2 worlds....(p.s: my bad on run on paragraphs and poor punctuations)

DeletedUser47128

How do we define a top alliance tho ? Is it by rank,abp/dbp,or respect..Not all #1 alliances are the best in there world but whatever was just saying...I really wonder tho if changing these hero worlds into regular worlds will bring new faces to the world in larger numbers...Pretty sure most players don't want to join worlds where there are already over 75 of the top 100 players over a mill points ...who knows tho but what about making them regular worlds with the exception of an end game...that way you get the best of both worlds which is more people joining the older hero worlds and the all the players that already been there not losing all there hard work due to an end game situation and plus the newer players won't say it was a waste of time starting in the world that's nearly about to close due to WW being in the worlds....So yeah no WW's ...just change the worlds to regular worlds so we all have our way kind of...kind of a meat me half way kind of thing :) pretty repetitive I believe but it works in both parties favour with bring back a little life to the 2 worlds....(p.s: my bad on run on paragraphs and poor punctuations)

This I can deal with. However, I refuse to play in a game that has no concern for its customers feelings and will "stab you in the back" whenever it feels necessary. Innogames, like other companies, depend on customers. No customers and the business generally fails. That is why you keep people like us happy.

DeletedUser23986

World Wonder may be an endgame feature but they don't end the world. If an alliance builds all 7 they world doesn't start a closing countdown. The countdown only starts when a world drops below 300 active players. The hero worlds are getting these changes because they have constantly been losing players and keeping the servers open forever would just cost inno an unreasonable amount of money. Inno is a company and they need to make decisions based on that so they implemented changes to a world system that was not working to allow for them to close eventually. So long as the Hero Worlds stay above 300 actives they won't close, same as any other world.

Aside from relaying people's opinions I have nothing to do with implementing ideas. However some people think us mods are the ones responsible for game changes. As for the letting in new players suggestion, that is gonna happen with this change. New players will be able to join the two existing Hero Worlds and you'll be able to invite your friends to join them as well. This should bring up the active player count in both worlds so as to keep them from dropping below 300 and closing for a while yet. Granted this is assuming people want to join worlds as far along as the Hero Worlds are.

hmmm? seriously? The sum of points of top 5 alliances in achilles should be over 250M, so there is no way, it will help us get new players, because as soon as you put the update, the world will close!

If hero worlds are loosing players, as you yourself claim, then why the need to close them? As soon as the number of active players goes below 300, you can initiate the countdown. You don't need world wonders to do that!

DeletedUser

Like I already said in my post earlier, it is understandable that you, moderators, are just moderating the forum (unpaid volunteers) and have no say in this policy (correct me if I'm wrong). For that reason, as a paying customer I DEMAND that we hear from the decision makers in this regard.

Consider this a 72 hours notice to respond. After this 72 hours period I shall delete all my accounts and never again log into grepolis or any Innogame website.

If this is not possible then I would like the contact details of the policy makers so I can contact them directly and I do not mean the support system. I'm not going to do business with a company which has no regards for it's customers. I do not care for the end result but this company should have the decency to treat it's paying customers with respect and honour their opinion.

When I say paying customers I do not mean only those who buy gold (although I'm one of those unfortunate one's who have spent money buying gold and have done so very recently) as EVERY customer here is a paying customer i.e. because of the adverts when logging in and out.

EDIT: We shall know now if this company has any regard for its customers.

DeletedUser18787

The day HW Achilles sprouts WW sites, will be the day I leave this game and start playing Sparta on Facebook! Very poor decision of the Grepolis developers [owners?] to bring this world to an end after all these years and the pleasures we've derived from this world by actively growing! To start from scratch would be too much of an exercise in futility. So my vote on WW in HW Achilles is a resounding NO!

Like I already said in my post earlier, it is understandable that you, moderators, are just moderating the forum (unpaid volunteers) and have no say in this policy (correct me if I'm wrong). For that reason, as a paying customer I DEMAND that we hear from the decision makers in this regard.

Consider this a 72 hours notice to respond. After this 72 hours period I shall delete all my accounts and never again log into grepolis or any Innogame website.

If this is not possible then I would like the contact details of the policy makers so I can contact them directly and I do not mean the support system. I'm not going to do business with a company which has no regards for it's customers. I do not care for the end result but this company should have the decency to treat it's paying customers with respect and honour their opinion.

When I say paying customers I do not mean only those who buy gold (although I'm one of those unfortunate one's who have spent money buying gold and have done so very recently) as EVERY customer here is a paying customer i.e. because of the adverts when logging in and out.

EDIT: We shall know now if this company has any regard for its customers.

Agree with you 100%. I shall sadly leave Grepolis the day they implement this new policy and start playing SPARTA on Facebook.

right decision was made here, and I like that the added features will be available in new worlds... now remove or fix ww, and make it so the max wall level is 10 and we'll have a game again ;)

You like building from scratch over and over and over again? You build, become strong, and it all ends. You make friends in alliances and at the end you part ways. Looks like an exercise in futility. I've stayed on because of the HW I've been on for 4/5 years. Played in other worlds and they've closed. I'll leave Grepolis the day WWs are introduced in the HW I'm playing in.

DeletedUser23986

im not gonna argue till my fingers fall off....

if inno-games does not come up with a solution - then i will go into VM for a determined period and take all the players I can with me...this could be 24 hr or one week - if they dont come back - so be it - this is for inno-games to worry about.

Should inno games ignore us totally - why do i want to give my time and money to a corporation that says one thing and then does another. I have spent YEARS on this server and tons of time and a bit of money - I can find other things to do involving jiggly bodies and pretty faces.

An economic boycott ALWAYS gets a corporation's attention - and you know what an attention whore i am.

I have hereby declared to my alliance we will cease fire all attacks on the server....if you decide to attack us..that is your decision

No offense clive, but rather than taking steps that won't even be noticed, how about you try to do something that can be noticed?

Even if 50 players are to go in VM, it would simply be neglected. Its not gonna attract any attention! How about you do just the opposite to draw attention of the backend team?

Like flooding the server with a hundred thousand small attacks(preferably with long travel times!). Something that servers aren't supposed to handle, and something that need to be watched by the backend team!

DeletedUser18787

The main reason people wanted to move to the Hero worlds was because it didnt have an endgame. No one likes WW, so people joined the HW so that they could build and fight (I hear there is not much fighting these days though) without having to worry about an endgame. Now you are going to implement an endgame in these worlds as well :( So sad.

Please release worlds without WW or GET AROUND TO REVAMPING THE BLOODY THINGS

Aptly stated! Agree with you 100%.

The second saddest day for me in my Grepo history. The first being the announcement that Delta was closing. Having 2.0 shoved down our throats killed that world, not the WW's. A change for better? Maybe, but many had finally started mastering the game when BAM! a new way of playing had to be learned. Long time players just didn't want go through the hassle.

I was so excited about the release of Achilles, A Hero World where newbies won't be ghosting every other day. A FIGHTING World where EVERY island is completely full of battling players for supremacy over each other. Yeah. No empty spots on ANY full size island! A world where your efforts are rewarded and slacking for a day will cost you a city. A World where my time is spent creating havoc and despair for those players that decide to come up against me.

Our small alliance cannot begin to compete with the Mass Recruiting Alliances in a WW Race, but our rag tag group of 9 members has made life miserable for all the big alliances except one. We have embarked on a journey as an alliance to go to them. So many have tried to come to us and, still they fail. We are the challenge in Achilles. We want that challenge. We want the fight. NOT a resource race.

I will announce now, and you, the Grepo Team, can mark my words, the day the WW's are introduced to Achilles is the day that many of your dedicated grepo players will leave you high and dry. You may just close Achilles straight out. Save it from the slow and painful death that will follow. There will be no reason left to play.

As I've seen posted above, I will chose another place to spend my money. Please reconsider this course.

Here! Hear! [Did I get that wrong?!] The day WW sprouts on the islands of Achilles, I'll be gone from Grepolis to Sparta on Facebook!

This is a joke. Finally the real end for lots of experienced Grep players. Innogames... you have finally capitulated

I'd say, Innogames has finally lost it! [Their marbles/gold!]

Not many people will continue to play at all... Inno-games tend to be very good at losing money. They made 2.0 happen in all worlds, that made a lot of people quit, the world wonders will make a lot of people quit, and inevitably this will make hundreds if not thousands of people quit. I don't say PLEASE RECONSIDER THIS DECISION LIKE CLIVE'S GANG. Either they will reconsider or they will be forcing hundreds of good paying customers to quit and will ultimately lose thousands of dollars by doing this.

This decision makes me livid to say the least. I have been on Achilles for at least 2 years now and I spend hours on end playing not only this game but world Achilles alone. This is not all about me at all but rather about the hero worlds themselves and their integrity. Old worlds ended because of 2.0 and because of the genius that said "lets force every world to have this and that." Now, you guys are going to blow away even more money by forcing worlds that weren't suppose to have WW and make them have WW. Anybody else see hypocritical actions here?

You guys promised worlds that would never end. Prove your words are true for once why don't you?

So true! I play in other regular Grepolis worlds just because I can come back to HW Achilles which was touted as a world without end! I've been here since it started, building from scratch, giving away cities, rebuilding. Once WW sites sprout on Achilles islands, I'll quit. What a waste of time and resources! Sheesh!

Since money seems to be the issue, stop buying gold to use in this world until we get a solid answer. I was about to buy more gold until I saw this thread but am holding off for now.

Well Done!! [Applause! Applause!] I've NEVER indulged in that luxury!

baudin.....
Tell inno that the players of hero worlds want to know if they have the balls to open a ballot on this and run with the result. They owe us that.

hear! Hear!

DeletedUser23986

just stop mate! Double posting is against the rules, and you are literally spamming this thread!

DeletedUser46395

Aside from relaying people's opinions I have nothing to do with implementing ideas. However some people think us mods are the ones responsible for game changes.

It's always a thankless job, being a mod on any forum, you get it in the neck from users even when you secretly agree with them - not saying you do or you don't, just sympathising.