The Future of Hero Worlds Discussion Thread

DeletedUser23986

I am rather surprised, I didn't actually expect them to change their plans.

Anyways, I do like the new proposals :)

DeletedUser5792

I thank you as well Inno. Hard core Grepo fans like myself are happy again.

DeletedUser5819

Pleasantly surprised. More and more I detect changes at the top of the decision making team.

DeletedUser22650

awesome work the mod team, seems like the powers that be do listen nowadays

DeletedUser

The Artemis thingy and the extra buildings' levels stuff is still coming on all, regular worlds though, right?

DeletedUser

yes narco.

and thank you inno for listening.

/me throws cookie and commments on fb page.

Zarun-

Strategos
Will the 50 favor bonus apply retroactively to past winners?

And when will we get the new features in? I was expecting them to be on in Pandosia.

DeletedUser

Please tell me if this new world that's coming out, will be hero world!!!?

DeletedUser47415

Reading parts of this thread one may almost be left with the impression that innogames' decision to go back on their promise to start WW on Hero Worlds came about as a result of 'listening to the players'.

I cant see that I would agree. My opinion certainly hasnt been listened to. And I know that the feeling of glee and exaltation that followed the announcement to implement WW was approximating universal in the hero world I play, and thus unsurprisingly, the subsequent counterannouncement was met with proportionate dismay.

I'd expect that innogames, to the extent that they would want to be seen as a company that keep god on their promises and listen to their players, implements WW on the hero worlds were the players has looked forward to and wants WW implemented.

DeletedUser5819

Reading parts of this thread one may almost be left with the impression that innogames' decision to go back on their promise to start WW on Hero Worlds ................

I'd expect that innogames, to the extent that they would want to be seen as a company that keep god on their promises .................
Perhaps you misunderstand the meaning of the word "promise". I can see inno's announcement of their intention, but nowhere a promise. Perhaps you have this promise in a private communication with them.
and listen to their players, implements WW on the hero worlds were the players has looked forward to and wants WW implemented.
Reading here it seems very clear that the overwhelming response to the announcement was dismay and upset at the prospect of WW on Hero worlds. Again, perhaps your representations of thanks and welcome at the announcement were made privately or elsewhere? Or perhaps you didn't let inno know your feelings on the subject and therefore they were not aware of them.

DeletedUser47415

I should inform that I dont play on any of the en. hero worlds, I still post on this forum since I suppose this closest to a international forum.

I interpret innogames wording of this as a decision that had been made and as an announcement of something that would proceede to be implemented. The reason I didnt Word my opionion initially, and I know this to be the case for others as well, is because the way this was worded: as something that was to be implemented, not something suggested for the players input. Although now, I can observe that the one in disagreement certainly has let their opinion be voiced. For me, this asks the question, how thus representative are the opinions on this thread. The en. Hero World has about quite a few hundred players, no? How many have displayed their disagreement on this thread? A handful, a dozen?

Anyway, even though I post on this forum I dont have an opinion on the future of the en. servers(I dont play on one after all). What I do strongly suggest is that the different hero worlds are threated separatly, let the hero world which the players want to continue continue, and let the hero worlds in which the players want to have WW have WW.

This sounds fair and respectful of the players to me.

DeletedUser23986

I should inform that I dont play on any of the en. hero worlds, I still post on this forum since I suppose this closest to a international forum.

I interpret innogames wording of this as a decision that had been made and as an announcement of something that would proceede to be implemented. The reason I didnt Word my opionion initially, and I know this to be the case for others as well, is because the way this was worded: as something that was to be implemented, not something suggested for the players input. Although now, I can observe that the one in disagreement certainly has let their opinion be voiced. For me, this asks the question, how thus representative are the opinions on this thread. The en. Hero World has about quite a few hundred players, no? How many have displayed their disagreement on this thread? A handful, a dozen?

Anyway, even though I post on this forum I dont have an opinion on the future of the en. servers(I dont play on one after all). What I do strongly suggest is that the different hero worlds are threated separatly, let the hero world which the players want to continue continue, and let the hero worlds in which the players want to have WW have WW.

This sounds fair and respectful of the players to me.

It was a decision which was being discussed, and i think, there was a discussion, only so that people could suggest changes.

Even though treating each hero world seperately won't be bad in theory, it would cause confusion to new players planning on join them. They definitely have a right to know, if they are signing up for a world with or without wonders.

It also amazes me why someone looking for world wonders, should join the hero worlds rather than normal ones. I mean, Inno can provide us with 2 worlds without wonders out of the 70 they have made. If someone loves world wonders, he should simply avoid them. There is absolutely no reason why those hating world wonders, can't have the choice for the same.

DeletedUser47415

It was worded as if it was a decision already been made. At least this was how it was interpreted by myself and others. At any rate, it would explain why the opposition may seemingly be more voiced than the agreement.

Even though treating each hero world seperately won't be bad in theory, it would cause confusion to new players planning on join them.
Speaking for the hero world I play on this wouldnt be that much of an issue, and thats part of the problem, virtually noone starts there, and the ones that do quits usually shortly thereafter.

DeletedUser30391

its not necessarily we were looking for world wonders ,, any achievable ending could or would fit
once again I will state hero worlds should be more difficult and last longer
a one alliance left wont work as a ending though cause it will be virtually impossible to achieve , but for now I guess that is a direction we all may have to look at ,, grind out the game till new announcements come :)

DeletedUser

why have any ending at all? let us just build and spend money

DeletedUser47415

why have any ending at all? let us just build and spend money

As Freddie would say "who wants to live forever?". Well, on the server I play, and I think this would be the case for a few others as well, 'continuing' or 'ending' the world isnt the core issue. These worlds have by any measurement lost their genuine vitality and prospect of longevity long gone, they are slowly dwindling, they are going to end either way. The issue becomes in what manner do we permit them to end. Do we give these a WW, so that they can end With a 'bang', an end that feels meaningful and conclusive to all the players that have spent months and years on it, or de we let them slowly dwindle and die out in a manner that is just simply gonna feel unsatisfactory and unforfilling to all?

I appreciate that this is not a concern for all Hero Worlds, but on some it surely is, which is why I suggest to evaluate and threat each Hero World separately in regards to this question, and not in this round handed and brutish 'one size fits all'-manner that is suggested now.

Last edited by a moderator: