Thoughts about 2.0

DeletedUser

aha he thinks 2.0 is great... in yo faces.... 1 down 3,641 to go.

Also things wont change back... dont really see the point in these threads. If your trying to make a change its too little too late for that.

Now if your trying to chit chat on your opinions thats cool. But putting these threads trying to change things back is a waste of time. Play hard or dont play. *shrug* up to you.

DeletedUser

aha he thinks 2.0 is great... in yo faces.... 1 down 3,641 to go.

1 for, 12 against so far? That's a failing grade in any class.....

We're just venting here Cronus. That's still allowed in these forums isn't it? Can't we communicate with each other the frustrations we are having (and possibly find some solutions)? Or is that against the rules now too?

DeletedUser

Bah humburg!!!!

Now if your trying to chit chat on your opinions thats cool. But putting these threads trying to change things back is a waste of time. Play hard or dont play. *shrug* up to you.

I am sure Innogames appreciates one of their employees telling their customers to not play their game!!!

Not a fan of 2.0, so add me to the tally. Quit both 2.0 worlds i tried out.

HOWEVER....i could be partially appeased if the troop movement drop down box was somehow redone to more closely resemble what we once had, if on the recruitment overview the active spell on a city told you how long the spell had left to run, if the troops in que displayed countdown of time left for troops to build rather then a time that troops will be finished, as we once had. But the most annoying thing i have seen in 2.0 worlds is map staying on a city after you have chosen another city.

I won't be quitting anytime soon unless something in real life changes that. Long ago i pledged to stay in theta to the end, whatever that may mean. However, i wont be inviting any friends to join the game...

DeletedUser

Conquering the farms is ridiculous, we are suppose to be conquering each other not the farms and where is the button to view the list of all your cities so you can jump to a city without scrolling through the lot of them, definitely more complicated than it was, and will take more time to do things, i could get used to it probably, just dont get why make it so complicated?!?!

Clicking on the city name will bring down the list of cities. Waldo, You can check how long spells have left to run by putting your mouse cursor on them.

I agree with you guys it is compared to the old version, I hate the bugs the most though, everything else im used to now, but it is the people that make or break the game for me, changing the color of the game is not really a huge deal.

DeletedUser

Jono, i am talking about in the recruit overview about the active spells and the time remaining on them. You have to jump to the city to see the time left on them. Its little things like this that turned me off from 2.0 in my trial runs on it

anyhoo, was New Coke better then Classice Coke...google it youngsters. Sometimes new is not always better, just saying

can we get this changed as well? :pro: from "This Is Grepolis" to "This was Grepolis"

DeletedUser4013

I am sure Innogames appreciates one of their employees telling their customers to not play their game!!!

Not a fan of 2.0, so add me to the tally. Quit both 2.0 worlds i tried out.

HOWEVER....i could be partially appeased if the troop movement drop down box was somehow redone to more closely resemble what we once had, if on the recruitment overview the active spell on a city told you how long the spell had left to run, if the troops in que displayed countdown of time left for troops to build rather then a time that troops will be finished, as we once had. But the most annoying thing i have seen in 2.0 worlds is map staying on a city after you have chosen another city.

I won't be quitting anytime soon unless something in real life changes that. Long ago i pledged to stay in theta to the end, whatever that may mean. However, i wont be inviting any friends to join the game...

Waldo, so you would prefer the troop movements drop down to be more static and stay on the screen instead of only appear when you hover the mouse over it? Have you tried using the Command Overview? I can see about suggesting something like what you're asking for with this.

As for the spells timer, that's been answered. The troop recruitment times do display the time left running if you hover the mouse over the troop build icon next to the movements icon. I've already had other players asking about the map being static when changing cities and that too is something I will suggest to Inno to see if they can change that.

I do hope that players will give 2.0 a chance. It may be that while you didn't like it in other servers, being in your main one, or the one you care about most may help to overcome those things you find displeasing about it.

DeletedUser

have you tried using the command overview?

this is the problem, this is a free game, one shouldn't have to pay in a free game to enjoy it.

That is the problem, the only way to succeed in 2.0 is buy more premiums, innogames knows that and that is why they are torturing everyone, because all they care about is money, they don't care about us at all!!!!!!!!!!!1

DeletedUser4013

Strico, I will speak with the Product Manager about getting it so that the troop movement drop-down menu can be made to be a permanent fixture as an option that the players can select.

DeletedUser

2.0 SUKS. It so slow and a pain. I think its just a way for the greedy sob's that run it, to try and get more money. Thanks guy's, you have taken all the fun out of Grepolis. Will probly quit :((

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10902

lol, thanks...Btw; you noticed: ALL the forums are opening threads like these...Grepolis staff WILL see it...

I submitted a help ticket and told them it sucks. lol

1. Its impossible to play on a smart phone.
2. The oceans don't change when you select a new city.
3. There is something not right when recruiting troops. Even though I selected show all troops from the city, it doesn't.
4. I can't figure out where it shows the attacks coming in on the city I selected.
5. Why the hell would I need 20 windows open at once????
6. Farming? Forget about it.

But hey! now we can put grids in our PMs! Yay! **Rolls eyes**

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Waldo, so you would prefer the troop movements drop down to be more static and stay on the screen instead of only appear when you hover the mouse over it? Have you tried using the Command Overview? I can see about suggesting something like what you're asking for with this.

As for the spells timer, that's been answered. The troop recruitment times do display the time left running if you hover the mouse over the troop build icon next to the movements icon. I've already had other players asking about the map being static when changing cities and that too is something I will suggest to Inno to see if they can change that.

I do hope that players will give 2.0 a chance. It may be that while you didn't like it in other servers, being in your main one, or the one you care about most may help to overcome those things you find displeasing about it.

Thank you for the reply. Yes, i would prefer the static troop movements, my cursor can only be in one place at a time. I use premium and command overview, but the command overview does not auto update incoming attacks. I would prefer at least the option of having the static troop movement sidebar rather then the drop down box.

regarding the spells....I have active spells on cities currently, and i cant move cursor over the spells icon in the recruit overview to see any time. Maybe you mean on active city, this i know will tell you the time remaining, but it should be as it was, where i can see in recruit overview if a pop growth has 1 hr or 1 sec left to run before i que up 282 slings...shouldnt have to go to that city and see how much time i have left on it.

DeletedUser

Tyrion, how about getting our city group drop down the way it was?? much easier to switch between groupings the old way, and the least they could have done was have the farms open on this world rather than forcing us to conquer them, like has been stated many of us have specialized cities now, and to redo cities to conquer farms doesn't make sense and alot of us have alot of time invested in this world, and dedicating more to conquering farms that we used to have access to doesn't make sense.

DeletedUser

1 for, 12 against so far? That's a failing grade in any class.....

We're just venting here Cronus. That's still allowed in these forums isn't it? Can't we communicate with each other the frustrations we are having (and possibly find some solutions)? Or is that against the rules now too?

yup I am sure it is somewhere.. if not we staff can make it up on the spot and go power tripping across the forums. Though if you paid us your first born child I am sure we can come to some sort of agreement.

Though if your a little more dense than the average bear boo boo then my post was mostly a joke. But you sit there on your high horse and look down upon us poor mods who slave away day in and day out on these forums without a thank you and a "your part of the man" tirades. What have I done to deserve such poor treatment from the people I work so hard for? I want to contact my ombudsman... This is inhuman treatment and I demand fair justice.

why-so-serious-cat.jpg

DeletedUser9465

The "Leave alliance" button doesn't work and I can't access the support in game.

DeletedUser

If anything is going to make me quit its going to be the fact that we cannot select individual cities as far as i know. Even if we have them grouped we still have to go through each individual one just to get to the city we want, which basically in my eyes makes having premium useless.

DeletedUser

there is a drop down for selecting individual cities. It is explained in one of the other 2.0 upgrade threads. Troll Gordopolis I remember he was the one who explained it. He even included shiny pictures.

DeletedUser

The only reason im staying is my for leaders and alliance.. just barely managing to hold off the "delete account" button

DeletedUser

Ironic: People are wanting to keep playing this game because of the loyalty to their fellow players- DESPITE the unwanted changes that would otherwise make people quit. Just think how strong of a fan base this game would have if Innogames listened to their players and gave them a product they actually wanted, rather than giving them something they are forced to "make do with".'

Weird

DeletedUser

or how strong of forum users there would be if people didnt post just to incite others to their way of thinking :p

You should be more positive. Ulcers hurt.

DeletedUser13475

I also don't like 2.0... never tried it before and I don't think I'll continue to be premium. Don't want to quit but I won't be so active player, already started to search some new game.
In all games upgrades are made to make complicated stuff more user friendly and simple, however, here it is opposite.
One more detail regarding upgrade, I can't see bunch of my Attacker of the day medals but only one. They are all gone. :(
Regarding this guy Cronus I don't like his attitude toward us, if there would be a vote to remove him from this forums I would vote for it anytime. Didn't catch any useful post.
Don't want to sound all negative so my respect goes to Tyrion. :)