Thoughts about 2.0

DeletedUser

Just upgraded. I'm on Mu. I've spent a good few hours playing around with it, and it is growing on me. I was really not happy earlier but now I'm feeling pretty okay with it. This could be good.

DeletedUser

Regarding this guy Cronus I don't like his attitude toward us, if there would be a vote to remove him from this forums I would vote for it anytime. Didn't catch any useful post.

My posts are about as much usefulness as what I have seen so far. I gives what I gets.

DeletedUser4013

I submitted a help ticket and told them it sucks. lol

1. Its impossible to play on a smart phone.
2. The oceans don't change when you select a new city.
3. There is something not right when recruiting troops. Even though I selected show all troops from the city, it doesn't.
4. I can't figure out where it shows the attacks coming in on the city I selected.
5. Why the hell would I need 20 windows open at once????
6. Farming? Forget about it.

But hey! now we can put grids in our PMs! Yay! **Rolls eyes**

1. Grepo has never been made with mobile device support. However in Q1 of 2012, there will be a Mobile Grepo launch which can be used on mobile devices (smartphones and tablets).

2. I will be asking about the static map and seeing if this can be changed.

3. Please submit a support ticket as this may be a bug.

4. Attack notices are now located in the upper left. There are two crossed swords which will show the usual attack icon if you have incoming. I will be asking to see whether the icon can be made larger or another notice can be added to the space above the quickbar in the center of the display.

5. That's just an option, and you can reduce that number if you want. I have rarely ever had more than 3-4 windows open at a time.

6. This is something that a lot of players struggle with, but I am also asking to see if perhaps trade with unconquered FVs may be a possibility.

Tyrion, how about getting our city group drop down the way it was?? much easier to switch between groupings the old way, and the least they could have done was have the farms open on this world rather than forcing us to conquer them, like has been stated many of us have specialized cities now, and to redo cities to conquer farms doesn't make sense and alot of us have alot of time invested in this world, and dedicating more to conquering farms that we used to have access to doesn't make sense.

I can ask about whether the city groups can be made simpler. Also, I am already asking about the farms and trade with unconquered ones since a lot of players do have specialized cities at this point.

regarding the spells....I have active spells on cities currently, and i cant move cursor over the spells icon in the recruit overview to see any time. Maybe you mean on active city, this i know will tell you the time remaining, but it should be as it was, where i can see in recruit overview if a pop growth has 1 hr or 1 sec left to run before i que up 282 slings...shouldnt have to go to that city and see how much time i have left on it.

I've taken a look at what you mean, and I can see the value in that being added. I will ask about this as well.

One more detail regarding upgrade, I can't see bunch of my Attacker of the day medals but only one. They are all gone. :(

Don't want to sound all negative so my respect goes to Tyrion. :)

The medals were consolidated into one 'X of the Day' award for that type. Your most recent will be shown, but you still have credit for those you previously earned. I will be asking about the reasons for this.

DeletedUser

or how strong of forum users there would be if people didnt post just to incite others to their way of thinking :p

You should be more positive. Ulcers hurt.

Or how much fun the forums would be if you stop deleting all the interesting posts for no reason other than the fact you don't like them. I still can't believe that there is anyone interested in this forum with so much blatant censorship! Let people talk about what they want!

I'm not "inciting others to my way of thinking" I am SAYING WHAT THEY ARE THINKING. Did I see a post about voting you out as our Mod? Is it any wonder why? I'm really surprised you didn't delete that one as well....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I know this all change is confusing, and I dont like it either, I dont know what to do with so many things but we have to stay and just adapt to this new stage, we are the best world and we have the best fighter here in Theta.

DeletedUser

Stupid game! I just conquered a couple cities, but can't access them? They don't show up on my city list in the top left corner, and I can't scroll to them. It shows them on my account profile and I got a report that I conquered them, but I can't do anything with them!

Anyone else have this problem?

Oh, and what's with the You have logged in for the second day in a row and will receive a reward. This will be credited to your active city. Log in again tomorrow to receive another reward. that keeps popping up every time I hit a button???

DeletedUser4013

Stupid game! I just conquered a couple cities, but can't access them? They don't show up on my city list in the top left corner, and I can't scroll to them. It shows them on my account profile and I got a report that I conquered them, but I can't do anything with them!

Oh, and what's with the You have logged in for the second day in a row and will receive a reward. This will be credited to your active city. Log in again tomorrow to receive another reward. that keeps popping up every time I hit a button???

They do show up in your city list, you need to click on them, but before you can do anything, you need to choose which of the Daily Rewards you wish to take: Favor or Resources. That is why it keeps popping up. Simple click will take care of that issue for you.

DeletedUser

The answer you will get from those so called mods will be : "submit a support ticket".

DeletedUser

Gasper I dont believe I saw Tyrion say submit a ticket. I believe he explained in here what to do with his issue. I guess thats the answer you get from these so called players ;)

DeletedUser

Improvements to 2.0 UI Needed

I think we all agree there is room for substantial improvement in the 2.0 UI. Interestingly, some of the features of 1.26 that really worked well and were simpler have actually been made more complicated and less user friendly. Here is my list so far.

1) The map not following the selected city. Probably the most annoying change. Why in the world would I want to view the world from any other vantage point outside of the context of the city I am working in at the time?

2) The city selection drop down is cumbersome. Most annoying is the fact that my first city group always is expanded, regardless of the selected group. Again, I want easy access to the other cities in the group I am working on. Right now, I have to close the default group and then scroll to find the city I want. I would prefer to see more cities in the group and scrolling less.

3) Deleting the troop movement info on the right portion of the screen, for the active city. Again, I would prefer to click on the movement and then go to information about it rather than having to open a drop down, then click that and go to the command screen and then… Aghhh… have to select a different tab to cast a spell on the attack.

4) The elimination of incoming attacks information on the right is annoying, for the same reasons as stated in #3.

5) The attack counter isn’t bright enough. The yellow / gold was more visible.

6) The new trading screen has much less functionality than the 1.26 version. This feature is actually degraded. Specifically, the sorting buttons have been replaced with a drop down. I sort on free population all the time to find cities that need attention and resources. Once I select a city to receive, I then sort again by alpha or resource quantity to find and select the sending city. The new format is almost unusable in this respect. In addition, for some reason, when I sort by alpha it displays the cities in reverse order Z-A. Finally, the incoming / outgoing arrows on the new trade screen are gone. Again, you need to open the list to see how many shipments you just made to a city and which cities are already shipping. Lol. The color and font on this screen suck too. But, that is the least of the concerns.

7) Conquering farms. I don’t farm anymore. But I do trade with the villages. With 179 cities, on I don’t know how many islands, it will take forever to get back just the trade functionality. Plus the last two conquered villages eat troops which have to be rebuilt.

8) The new UI relies very heavily on the Administrator screen. It would be nice to just minimize it until I want it. There isn't an option to do that. It would also be great if the screen could be minimized with a hot key rather than a click. In fact, hot keys would really be appreciated. Most of the world uses laptops. Mice are sooo yesterday.

9) I wish I could just totally turn off the stupid little bouncing report notifications or have them disappear after a couple of minutes. Just another distraction.

10) Aghhh... The city revolt countdown is missing from the overview or header. This is a major flaw. Especially when you have 6 or 7 cities in revolt at one time.

11) The attack planner is useless since you can't launch or select revolt/breakthrough from that screen. At least they could put an alarm on it so it pops up a few minutes before the outgoing needs to launch. It does do some of the math timing and sorting. But that's it. A waste of developer time and money as it is not complete.

So, again, it would be nice to improve some of this clutter and actually restore some of the good functions that got lost in the development of the 2.0 user interface. After playing this UI, one has to wonder if the developers ever really played the game on anything but a very basic level.

Honestly.. Did Inno even Beta test this before launching it? It's been out for a long time now. Why is the UI so poor? These are annoyances that could have been improved a long time ago. Innogames must have gotten this type of feedback from other worlds.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19042

Totally agree with your post...:)
But maybe just better to change it back to 1.26

DeletedUser

If all players of grepolis will stop playing any more what is going to happend with Grepolis?
They are going to close the game or no?
Or if we all players of grepolis will dicide to stop playing till the game will be again to 1.26 what will do the leaders of grepolis?are they going to change it?

And can some one form mod give me an answer about my questions?

DeletedUser19042

And can some one form mod give me an answer about my questions?

They won't...Because then we will do what they said and then Grepolis won't gain any money. So they won't reply you. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Lol. I keep adding to my list on page 5. The 2.0 interface is so degraded that it is hard to find anything redeeming about it. What a waste of Inno's development money. They should clean house and get some developers that are actually good players to set the UI software requirements. Way to kill a cash cow! 2.0 is prettier to look at. And that is about it.

DeletedUser

They do show up in your city list, you need to click on them, but before you can do anything, you need to choose which of the Daily Rewards you wish to take: Favor or Resources. That is why it keeps popping up. Simple click will take care of that issue for you.

It had something to do with the update they were doing this morning, I can access the new cities now.

Thanks for the favor tip, it was driving me crazy! :Angry:

DeletedUser

Alright I have never posted here but read through the post on regular basis. Thought 2.0 would never happen but OMG that was funny now switch it back. Did we learn nothing from beta testing there are still bugs there.

DeletedUser

Don't you guys love it? They want you to give this "upgrade" a try, guess they don't think we were smart enough to join a world using this version to find out...

But don't worry, they will walk you through it, teach you how to play your game the way they want you to....

DeletedUser

food for thought

A real humane person has to do what a human person wants, change that is. Players must be very honored for the "game" gave it to them. I don't know where a human person or a humane person stands from what I see. Are you not bored on same routine in your life and may I ask, in your game? This is a chance to have something to new!!! I know I have "quit" per se, but as far as I am posting this nonsense, it is not what it is meant. Maybe I am somewhere in this 2.0 worlds but you cannot know hehehehehe...... Give it a try and maybe we will be at it in my new account. To 2.0 wow how very interesting........

DeletedUser

I think people should at least give it a chance, its only been a few days and naturally learning everything is going to be a pain. That said, there are still features in 1.26 that were significantly better, like being able to view outgoing and incoming attacks on the right side, the new way is more complicated and requires more work and is unnecessary.

DeletedUser19042

I think people should at least give it a chance, its only been a few days and naturally learning everything is going to be a pain. That said, there are still features in 1.26 that were significantly better, like being able to view outgoing and incoming attacks on the right side, the new way is more complicated and requires more work and is unnecessary.

Lol, most of us already gave it a chance by go and play on a 2.0 world BEFORE the update. And most of us didn't liked it and returned to the 1.26 worlds...(i'm one of those...:))