Thoughts about 2.0

DeletedUser22190

Errors

I keep getting response error, or internal error, though its slighty better than yesterday where theta took bout 3 hrs to load on the page and every click there after, why is there so many problems? thought this 2.0 had been out for ages been tested etc, its hard enough trying to learn all the new stuff without errors!!:(

DeletedUser

If all players of grepolis will stop playing any more what is going to happend with Grepolis?
They are going to close the game or no?
Or if we all players of grepolis will dicide to stop playing till the game will be again to 1.26 what will do the leaders of grepolis?are they going to change it?

And can some one form mod give me an answer about my questions?

Well most of these questions are moot. Every single player wont quit grepolis.

but you can try. But I am sure most would still stick around. I doubt they would close the game as there are tons of other language servers that can supliment any income lost by the few that would quit.

DeletedUser4013

I think we all agree there is room for substantial improvement in the 2.0 UI. Interestingly, some of the features of 1.26 that really worked well and were simpler have actually been made more complicated and less user friendly. Here is my list so far.

1) The map not following the selected city. Probably the most annoying change. Why in the world would I want to view the world from any other vantage point outside of the context of the city I am working in at the time?

I have already brought this change idea to the Product Manager.

2) The city selection drop down is cumbersome. Most annoying is the fact that my first city group always is expanded, regardless of the selected group. Again, I want easy access to the other cities in the group I am working on. Right now, I have to close the default group and then scroll to find the city I want. I would prefer to see more cities in the group and scrolling less.

3) Deleting the troop movement info on the right portion of the screen, for the active city. Again, I would prefer to click on the movement and then go to information about it rather than having to open a drop down, then click that and go to the command screen and then… Aghhh… have to select a different tab to cast a spell on the attack.

4) The elimination of incoming attacks information on the right is annoying, for the same reasons as stated in #3.

5) The attack counter isn’t bright enough. The yellow / gold was more visible.

6) The new trading screen has much less functionality than the 1.26 version. This feature is actually degraded. Specifically, the sorting buttons have been replaced with a drop down. I sort on free population all the time to find cities that need attention and resources. Once I select a city to receive, I then sort again by alpha or resource quantity to find and select the sending city. The new format is almost unusable in this respect. In addition, for some reason, when I sort by alpha it displays the cities in reverse order Z-A. Finally, the incoming / outgoing arrows on the new trade screen are gone. Again, you need to open the list to see how many shipments you just made to a city and which cities are already shipping. Lol. The color and font on this screen suck too. But, that is the least of the concerns.

7) Conquering farms. I don’t farm anymore. But I do trade with the villages. With 179 cities, on I don’t know how many islands, it will take forever to get back just the trade functionality. Plus the last two conquered villages eat troops which have to be rebuilt.

8) The new UI relies very heavily on the Administrator screen. It would be nice to just minimize it until I want it. There isn't an option to do that. It would also be great if the screen could be minimized with a hot key rather than a click. In fact, hot keys would really be appreciated. Most of the world uses laptops. Mice are sooo yesterday.

I will ask the Product Manager to take this idea into consideration.

9) I wish I could just totally turn off the stupid little bouncing report notifications or have them disappear after a couple of minutes. Just another distraction.

This can be done under the Settings > Notifications. However you cannot turn off all of them. After playing in a 2.0 environment since it was released, I find that I ignore them and hardly notice them. You can also delete them in one click with the [x] underneath them.

10) Aghhh... The city revolt countdown is missing from the overview or header. This is a major flaw. Especially when you have 6 or 7 cities in revolt at one time.

This is indicated in the Troop Movement icon, but again I have already brought this change idea to the Product Manager.

11) The attack planner is useless since you can't launch or select revolt/breakthrough from that screen. At least they could put an alarm on it so it pops up a few minutes before the outgoing needs to launch. It does do some of the math timing and sorting. But that's it. A waste of developer time and money as it is not complete.

I will ask the Product Manager to consider this idea.

Honestly.. Did Inno even Beta test this before launching it? It's been out for a long time now. Why is the UI so poor? These are annoyances that could have been improved a long time ago. Innogames must have gotten this type of feedback from other worlds.

Yes, 2.0 has been Beta Tested, and is still being Beta Tested. However, due to the Devs having to split their time between both versions, it has taken longer to remove all or most of the bugs in the code.

DeletedUser

Tyrion,

Thanks for the response and the consideration. Trying to be constructive here as I grind my teeth figuring out how to do things efficiently.

Lol.. I did find the inbound/outbound indicators on the trade screen. Took a day as they are not very noticeable in the upper right portion of the city. Also, they don't update right away.. And the drop down for revolts sounds minor. But, like I said, when you have a half dozen enemy cities revolted at once, it really is necessary to see that all the time.

Anyway, thanks again. Looking forward to some good updates.

Regards,

AR

DeletedUser

I find the interface in some areas an improvement and in some areas a bit clunky.

People have brought up the clunky stuff.
I prefer the openness of the map and having only about 10 citys I dont find alot of the stuff getting in my way. Now if I had 50> citys to manage, it might be a different story.

If I have citys around the same area and want to make local attacks then the map will work well. However, I know this game does not do "local" and many attacks take 10hours upwards.

I would like to suggest that, in the expanded map view, when I pass my mouse over a city that it show who it is. I would like to plan attacks in the expanded view. I would like to be able to zoom out using the scroll on my mouse from local map to expanded map. I would also like the option to change the sea colour as it conflicts with lots of colours and can be hard to see, even if it was only changing the tone of the blue (its quite a bright blue after all)

2.0 is easier on the eyes.

I get the feeling that it was those with 10-20 citys that didnt mind the 2.0 change and those with 50> despise it.

So, I will make a poll.

DeletedUser

Well most of these questions are moot. Every single player wont quit grepolis.

but you can try. But I am sure most would still stick around. I doubt they would close the game as there are tons of other language servers that can supliment any income lost by the few that would quit.

Actually i don't understand if you are in fact an employee of inno or not.
If you're not, then why doesn't anybody ban you from here.
If you are, you're probably one of the worst forum mods i have seen here in a long time.
All you posts are about:
- players should shut up
- players are speaking nonsense
- if players do not like the game, then they should leave
- nobody is important, so they complain about anything as you don't care
With your attitude, if i would have been your boss, i would have fired you and also sued you for prejudice.

About the update:
- i don't yet dislike it that much, still giving it a try.
- yes, there are things that were easier before, or maybe i just got used to them. that's why i am not complaining about them
- there is missing functionality i already feel it's missing, like the time remaining on the spells for the towns, when in recruting overview. good it's under discussion with dev team.
- there are bugs. a lot of them. recruit overview, which i do pay for it, it became harder than going to the town and recruiting there. for example, each ls i recruit is counted as 9 pop slots. therefore the number of remaining free population has no relation to the reality. also often it shows only part of the troops in the town, like it shows hoplites and horsemen, but not slingers. And so on. I thought this is tested, not beta tested on us. Especially when i pay for it.
- groups are messed up, when selecting a town from dropdown list, it switches group automatically. but there is no way to deselect all group from there. i have to open city groups overview and deselect there.
- farming, well, this i kinda like. not the part with conquering a town, especially from my naval specialized towns. still, i didn't used a lot of farming before, since it was boring to waste hours on sending troops from tens of towns to 8 farms on each island. Now, i get less money daily that i potentially could have got before. But farming from overview takes a few minutes so i farm regularly and thus get more money than i actually did before. so i like this overview. still, why the conquer to trade? and why that much to expand?

since i only have a few days on it, i'll have to add more later. for now, the update is not that bad, and not that good. it's different and thus some time is required to find all advantages and disadvantages.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Here's an image with several bugs on the recruit overview:

recruit_overview_bugs.png

as you can see:

1. town above has call of the ocean castable (blue) and so i have enough favor. still, 548-323 has it gray. it was casted before but doesn't appear near the town name

2. all recruitable population is presented with +- signs. what?

3. though i only have 794 available population slots, i can recruit +- 2463. what what what???

And we can continue. Sad but true

DeletedUser4013

Here's an image with several bugs on the recruit overview:

recruit_overview_bugs.png

as you can see:

1. town above has call of the ocean castable (blue) and so i have enough favor. still, 548-323 has it gray. it was casted before but doesn't appear near the town name

2. all recruitable population is presented with +- signs. what?

3. though i only have 794 available population slots, i can recruit +- 2463. what what what???

And we can continue. Sad but true

I've just taken a look at your account, and none of the +- signs are showing, it only shows +X. It appears as though the CotO is now appearing, and is no longer greyed out. As for the population vs recruit numbers, that is no longer appearing either. It may be that this was a temp issue, or is something that was fixed with a hotfix by Inno.

DeletedUser19402

i hate this version of this game!!!it is impossible to manage this game from the hectic schedule but i am trying but i don't think i will more on this game but i think i have to give atleast one chance to this 2.0 thing.

DeletedUser

The dumbest of the dumb things I have seen in 2.0 is the Phoenician Trader. He rarely brings anything remotely useful, especially if you have a full city. Honestly, who would pay 50 gold to actually summon this joke.

But, even more irritating is the The Lighthouse of Alexandria wonder gives a 5% discount off the prices the trader offers for his worthless wares.

Come on... Get rid of the trader and give the lighthouse a real bonus, like a 5% increase in ship speed, similar to the lighthouses you can build.

Regards,

AR

DeletedUser

The dumbest of the dumb things I have seen in 2.0 is the Phoenician Trader. He rarely brings anything remotely useful, especially if you have a full city. Honestly, who would pay 50 gold to actually summon this joke.

But, even more irritating is the The Lighthouse of Alexandria wonder gives a 5% discount off the prices the trader offers for his worthless wares.

Come on... Get rid of the trader and give the lighthouse a real bonus, like a 5% increase in ship speed, similar to the lighthouses you can build.

Regards,

AR

Actually, if you have enough gold, the phoenician trader would be the best thing imaginable. You can summon him infinitely, given you have the gold. And as he offers more resources in his resource deals than he asks, this is an infinite source of resources. As soon as you have a harbour you can build your city up how you like it within a day with the phoenician trader and a LOT of gold.

DeletedUser14492

Actually, if you have enough gold, the phoenician trader would be the best thing imaginable. You can summon him infinitely, given you have the gold. And as he offers more resources in his resource deals than he asks, this is an infinite source of resources. As soon as you have a harbour you can build your city up how you like it within a day with the phoenician trader and a LOT of gold.

Perfectly encapsulates why Grepolis 2.0 is totally and completely unfair in being aimed at the premium paying player. Inno have taken that idea too far.

Ive said it before, the idea that someone can win or beat their opponent in a game simply by having more real life money is DISGUSTING.

Ev
:Angry:

DeletedUser

And it has been done before, I believe the first world where it was taken to extremes was Psi. Late world it's not nearly as useful, but at the beginning of a world, well, just harbor rush, and after you get it spend gold like a madman, and you'll have a fully built city plus troops and a CS in no time. Maybe even colonize a city and build that one up too, if you feel like it.

DeletedUser

not really the trader takes advantage of one specific resource. Silver, wood or stone, The tradable resources are randomized. You might be able to trade wood for silver... or stone for wood. Sure you can keep recalling him till you get the resource trade you want but thats not economical. 50 gold to recall the trader and you might have to recall 3-4 times till you get the resource trade you want. Then he trades at a rate of .67 which means for a 3334 resource trade you get back 5000. This isnt a lot. Now you guys are complaining that a person can take advantage of this and gain unlimited amount of resources.... yah if your made of money sure.

but your farther ahead to just farm for the resources with demand resources from the villages. On looking at it you get on an hour and a half demand with 6 farms (and you should be close to that when you get harbor) you get 2764 resources with them at level 4 (I checked on the world I play and your world speed will affect this number) now for an hour and a half demand of resources you get 1666 resources... well we knew the trader was evil... now we have proof :D

now this is limited to one resource for being drained and 2 for gain. then you got to shuffle the deck to get a new drain resource from the trader. And who knows if you get it the next time since everything on the trader is randomized when he comes into port. Which gives a 33.34% chance that the next resource demand coming in will be the same as the one that was just in. Thats not good odds for spending gold.

Lets put that aside and look at the gold request costs... It takes 50 gold to call the trader in. Now most people who do this have to have senator activated as well as maybe some of the other premium panel as thats how they roll. I usually have all but the commander rolling for farming admin and favor acruel. Then when fighting starts or attacks are inbound or something I activate the last premium. So at 1000 gold a month (or 800 if you follow the same path as me) for premium activation then 50 gold per request at a rate of .67 return on the resources your looking at adding a full que of resources at lets be reasonable and say 10,000 resources with the 33.34% odd of same trade boost of a cost of approximately 500 to 600 gold each time for a gain on two of the resources. When you include the building acceleration and troop construction acceleration your looking at an average cost of 180 a day approx at building eccel, 40 a day at troop eccel, with a say average cost of 1100 gold for resource cap doubled so 1 for buildings and 1 for troop (this is most of what I hear when I hear complaints about the trader and people taking advantage of.

so

1100 * 2 + 180 + 40 = daily cost of 2420 * 30.5 (average days in a month) = 73810

not adding on the senate cost onto that for cheap math and you have 73810 gold that the players are accusing of being used by people that could take potential advantage of the trader to get ahead in the game.

Breaking that down on cash value your looking at with the BEST exchange at...

319.96 euros a month with the demeters gold bonus inclusive.. without the bonus its 399.95 euros a month. or with how the exchange is setup in the purchase section or 498.08 dollars American with demeters or 747.43 dollars american without demeters gift.

This is what all the crying is about? Yes I have a sad life to run through and check all this out. To me people complaining that the trader is unfair and people with cash can buy their way to first place... well to do so you kinda see how much they have to spend to get there... after this math if no one can convince me otherwise any other complaints on the trader to me would be either envy on the part of the player or just a plain conspiracy theory nutjob effect.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2950

I play both versions, & this upgrade is much buggier than the new worlds, for some reason. I constantly get the spinning hourglass & response error messages, while I don't on the new world. It also doesn't have all the features of the newer worlds, which I find puzzling. Why "upgrade" us, but without full 2.0 features (shorter festival times, cut troop building time, etc.)? Don't jump on me, I'm not lobbying for them, I just don't know why some have them & others don't.

Whoever decided to make this change right before Christmas, throwing us immediately into WW mode during the busiest time of the year, should be shot. Also, only giving one day for people that haven't played 2.0 to get used to it first was ridiculous.

Making us have to conquer the farms just to trade for people with numerous cities on many islands - really? Since it's so far into the server & the farming system has been completely changed, all the farms on islands we had before the change should be green. How are we going to conquer them from all naval cities? I don't farm much, but I do like to trade sometimes.

This change has pretty much sucked all the fun out of the game. Constant lag & freezing of the game, frustration from players unfamiliar with 2.0 not knowing how it works, & all the trouble the whole WW issue has caused in alliances (you all know who you are) when that wasn't part of the game when we started, besides everything else already mentioned: Inno should grant a total refund of all gold left on anyone's account that wants to quit and also allow it to be switched to another account.

Inno lied to us for a long time telling us they would only tweak 1.0 with a few 2.0 features, then just crammed this down everyone's throat. There was a vote showing people liked 1.0 so much they wanted new worlds to continue being opened occassionally. Is it any wonder people are upset & venting?

DeletedUser4013

I play both versions, & this upgrade is much buggier than the new worlds, for some reason. I constantly get the spinning hourglass & response error messages, while I don't on the new world. It also doesn't have all the features of the newer worlds, which I find puzzling. Why "upgrade" us, but without full 2.0 features (shorter festival times, cut troop building time, etc.)? Don't jump on me, I'm not lobbying for them, I just don't know why some have them & others don't.

Some of those features were introduced starting with those worlds. The troop reduction feature was started with Chi, and is only in those worlds opened after Chi.

DeletedUser

I like how you can have multiple things open at once. And i actually like the farming villages more efficient more recources gained. Less hastle dont have to wait for your attacks to hit farm villages and return. I am likeing 2.0 so far.

DeletedUser14492

Loling at Cronus, just because I can, and he deserves it.

Lol.

Ev

DeletedUser

I'm only playing just because the account that i am playing isn't mine