Thracian conquest discussion thread

Ghostboyrazox

Phrourach
Can we talk a little about choosing which units to attack with each time. So far I have almost always had fewer units than the maximum number allowed. Is it better to attack with only the units that have an advantage in the particular case, leaving out the disadvantaged units, or is it better to just attack with everything anyway. I'd like a simulator for this since I am a mathematical type player who carefully chooses his defense troops, etc.

BYE, Ghostboyrazox

DeletedUser47414

For me personally I've been crossing what units are most effective and it's worked so far for me, I ha e to necessarily used the max amount of troops each time either

DeletedUser

yeh, that Simulator thing is real tricky. I dont know why but Inno has decided not to implement a special Simulator for this event, wich is actually not too big a surprise if you think of the time it took them to add the quest-efffects to the already excisting one ;)

and to get back to your question. If I have slots left I would fil lthem up with all your other units. Cause normally even if you only atack with only the units having an advantage in that case, you'd probably not have enough troops left for the next ground. So if you have to heal them anyway you can just use the maximum number of units allowed to increase your winning chances.

DeletedUser42857

From a community manager on US forums

Thracian Conquest Release

Unlike the other events we had in the past (Jason’s hen from the Underworld, Hephaestus’ Forge, etc) the Thracian Conquest will not be released in all markets at the same time: markets have been clustered together and there will be different release dates for each of them. This is due to a big cooperation that we have with the film studio Paramount and the brand new Hercules movie, coming in theater this summer! Therefore, the Thracian Conquest event will be released around the same time than the Hercules movie in your country.

So its a tie in with the movie? Who knew...

DeletedUser

From a community manager on US forums

So its a tie in with the movie? Who knew...

The whole event is real smart. They will get gold from us in the event and they are also making money through advertising.

DeletedUser

It's subliminal, one of these days you are going to walk into the movie without meaning to, and then accidentally buy a ticket to Hercules. Positively brilliant if I do say so myself

DeletedUser

Are the god units still tied to the deity of the city your worshipping or are they fixed to be that unit as the reward only? Such as Minotaur's reward - would it become the land unit of the city's deity instead?

DeletedUser23986

No, you can use Minotaurs only in cities where you worship Zeus(as far as i recall)

DeletedUser

Does anyone know, how I can pick up the rewards? I have the bags there, but I can't pick them up. Every time I click on it, it just asks me to do the same thing again?

DeletedUser

Actually, it just shows me that I won - I click on the bag, it shows me my "victory window" but nothing where I can pick up the rewards.

DeletedUser

You click on the reward which should be at the top of your victory window, it will then show three pop-ups, one with a check to use the reward, one with a arrow pointing down which will store the item for later in your inventory, then one with an X to discard the item. Hope this helped you.

DeletedUser

"Do you really want to buy 5 Divine Orbs for Peltast Gold?"

Can we PLEASE hire a damned competent interpreter?

DeletedUser46838

Watch your language.

And besides I like how the best rewards come at the end. The things are so hard to get...there's many with over 1000 to kill

I used up so much of my gold, it wasn't even funny.