Top 12 Alliance Discussion's

• Thread starter DeletedUser2663
  • Start date

DeletedUser

The Social Gamers Club - Clearly #1... only possible threats are SF.
Semper Fidelis - Although i didn't expect much from them, they have become respectable.
The Marines - Doing better then i expected at first, clearly recruitment was dead on.
Iunctus - No change in rank, will still be here in the future.
The Bloody Ravens - I'm somewhat disappointed, from #2 to #5. Housekeeping? Will still be here for some time though.
REAL MADRID ELITE - FAIL
Gaeltacht II - Picked up a very good player (valzer), might be here to stay for a while
Geopocalypse - Haven't seen much of them, like their alliance picture though.
THE GREAT EMPIRE 65 - MRA, FAIL
THE GREAT EMPIRE - MRA, FAIL
S.W.A.T - Wasn't impressed by their diplo, predictions FAIL
THE GREAT EMPIRE 53 - *sighs* MRA = FAIL

DeletedUser2663

i would just like to bring up this quote about how i formed S.G.C. Some how that got me a bunch of great players that are the reason we are "Currently" No 1. I still find this funny as well

Hey all.

Many of you forum users will know me and if not then you will soon. I have decided, just for laughs, to make an alliance called
The S.G.C, The Social Gamers Club.

DeletedUser

i would just like to bring up this quote about how i formed S.G.C. Some how that got me a bunch of great players that are the reason we are "Currently" No 1. I still find this funny as well

Thats why I am not so sure about future of S.G.C. We secured the ocean, so we relatively safe from outside, but what about inside? You created something for laugh, will it last? Metal much depends on you now, buddy ;)

I am getting too busy in Kappa, which is my main world so I leave you all here, though I must admit it was more fun in forums, then ever.

And I doubt, that Semper Fidelis will be main opposition for S.G.C. O55 is far from O44 ;) It is more likely Iunctus, but only time will tell.

Bye, world Lambda...

DeletedUser

The Social Gamers Club - A great alliance, with good leadership, nice average and BP.
Semper Fidelis - Another good alliance, if they perform like the original will be a major alliance in the future.
Iunctus - My alliance no comment.
The Marines - A great alliance, awesome average, got conquers going. Will be a strong force in the future.
The Bloody Ravens - Looks like they have removed a few players, be interesting to see where they will lie in a couple of months.
REAL MADRID ELITE - Whats the point in commenting.
Gaeltacht II - Strong alliance, got a lot of good members.
Geopocalypse - Funny profile pic, don't know much otherwise.
THE GREAT EMPIRE 65 - MRA Part 1
THE GREAT EMPIRE - Part 2
THE GREAT EMPIRE 53 - Part 3
The Shadow Knights - Another good alliance, got potential, grown quickly.

DeletedUser

And I doubt, that Semper Fidelis will be main opposition for S.G.C. O55 is far from O44 ;) It is more likely Iunctus, but only time will tell.

Well I really didn't mean that they would contend in battle, just for the #1 spot...

But then again, who cares for points... only stat that matters to me is OBP :)

DeletedUser

I know it's a double post but since it doesn't have anything to do with my last post sorry for it :p

Semper Fidelis has created a branch named Semper-Fidelis.

Are they walking the path to go from a respectable alliance towards just another MRA?

DeletedUser

Actually, it's intriguing having the alliance cap and/or forming 'branches'.
It forces, and then provides obviously 'top' alliances, a chance to see what an off-ocean branch can do. A disturbance, an irritant, a distraction. And no extra BP to other alliances that may gobble them up, because those BPs are available anyway.

In no way would I suggest a 'top' alliance doing this lightly, if only to avoid the MRA 'clature' that this might entail to the original alliance. (ala RealMadrid) But, if used with conscious distinction, it does afford, even accomodate a dispersal of new and alternative divertissement to other oceans while maintaining the semblance of collaberation.
Just my two cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I know it's a double post but since it doesn't have anything to do with my last post sorry for it :p

Are they walking the path to go from a respectable alliance towards just another MRA?

This world has 50 player limit, we plan to dominate the world with 100 players, kinda like LEGION in Iota.

DeletedUser

This world has 50 player limit, we plan to dominate the world with 100 players, kinda like LEGION in Iota.

What LEGION did in Iota is merge with ES then creating LEGION II with most of the members being from ES which in turn turned them into a power house.

Now, unless you merge with either S.G.C, TBR, TM i don't see you becoming this nor do i see this happening in the future. The steps that your alliance has made are the steps of an MRA (IMO at least) especially since you decided to create another branch when only 1 member of SF has conquered and you have a few useless members to get rid of.

DeletedUser

You're right it's a fine line. I've tried this several times. It has worked, and it has failed. Ultimately it depends on the quality of the players (experienced or willing/able to learn), and more importantly the willingness of those players to risk their own troops on behalf of fellow members. SFi strives to personally recruit active, dominate players, no anonymous invites. We try to educate the newer players, and keep communication active. So far Lambda is a good server for us, but only time and luck will tell.

DeletedUser

You're right it's a fine line.

Precisely. I can only speak as a military historian, but when a secure, offensively/defensively oriented entity enlists an adjunct but integrally collaberational ally, the minor ally often can see great success.
One modern example is the Vietcong vis a vis the NVA, and the list is nearly endless in historical context.

But, as you say KillaBanana, it is a "fine line."
A miscalculation or simple reverse can untwine and erode the successes. The original entity (main alliance) must avoid public rancor by any failures caused by the adjunct. (branch ally)

In the above example, Ho Chi Minh, as leader of the NVA, performed miracles with the adjunct Vietcong, as did George Washington 200 years before with his farflung and adjunct state's militia.

Both Ho and Washington knew it was to "keep going, never give up."
And it did wonders... both won.

Top alliances can learn much by the lessons of history's generals.
And SemperFi may be doing the right thing...

Kurbads.

Phrourach
1 The Social Gamers Club - most unknown players, but with oldschool leadership looks pretty good alliance
2 The Bloody Ravens - looks very well, few very good playors, will be there for a long
3 Semper Fidelis - dunno.. looks like overrated
4 The Marines - best avg, nice players, good leadership.. i like them :)
5 Iunctus - not an elite stuff, but looks better then MRA, good luck
6 REAL MADRID ELITE - LOL
7 Gaeltacht II - two very respectable players (valzer & saintchill) and that's it.. leader invited me 2 times at beginning, overall MRA. And with clown muzzy in the front.. 1 month max
8 THE GREAT EMPIRE 65 - caps ftw
9 Geopocalypse - who?
10 THE GREAT EMPIRE 56 - no way

Last edited:

DeletedUser

What LEGION did in Iota is merge with ES then creating LEGION II with most of the members being from ES which in turn turned them into a power house..

You gotta be kidding... have you any idea at all, do you?

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure, 99% sure to be exact... ask jena000 and she'll tell you what happened.

One thing I am sure is that what SF is doing by creating a branch this early on has nothing to do LEGION's model in Iota whether you agree with me or not and it's my opinion that it closely resembles KOTOR's model (which i was part of) that ended into being one of the largest MRA's within Iota then crumbled due it's founders policy.

DeletedUser

You as former KOTOR and me as active LEGION member, we could talk about this over and over, but this isn't the right topic for it :)

DeletedUser

The Marines have forced Gaeltacht II to disband ;)

To bad, they didn't really put up a fight :(

DeletedUser

WOW !!

Does this mean Muttzy's Grandma has got sick of his language and thrown him out the house ??

lol

J.

DeletedUser

WOW !!

Does this mean Muttzy's Grandma has got sick of his language and thrown him out the house ??

lol

J.

More like mutzzy got sick of his grandma's alliance hopping and kicked her out :p

DeletedUser2663

I will get this back on topic

The Marines - The most deserving of their rank. A near flawless alliance.
The Social Gamers Club - The second most deserving of their rank. Should have more BPA but you can get get BPA by killing and there is very little to kill over in O44 i must say. The marines got lucky with all those semi half decent alliances to farm
Semper Fidelis - Doing good.Stats wise they are very good but i am starting to hear negative stuff about em.
The Bloody Ravens - im am kinda undecided at this point about em. i would rather say nothing than anything at all
Iunctus - starting to go downhill i hear. Only time will tell if the rumours i hear have a grain of truth
THE GREAT EMPIRE 65 - MRA
REAL MADRID ELITE - MRA
Geopocalypse - Looks alright, i have had no dealing with them and S.G.G has had no encounters with them. They are an unknown potential force IMO
THE GREAT EMPIRE 53 - MRA
THE GREAT EMPIRE 56 - MRA
Black Legion - Going downhill
WAR MONGERS - dont look to flash but may end up semidecent. where are they located?

Special Mentions:

The Mighty Boosh: has leadership = to that of S.G.C. if they can get the right members they will be the first Powerfull Ring ocean alliance.
Narwhals - Has more experienced leadership than Me. I would say never count em out.

DeletedUser

The Mighty Boosh: has leadership = to that of S.G.C. if they can get the right members they will be the first Powerfull Ring ocean alliance.
Narwhals - Has more experienced leadership than Me. I would say never count em out.

That's a very kind thing to say thank you.

It's such early days, it's impossibe to judge members until they are all conquesting, but I'm happy with how it's going. Into the top 20 now at 17th both total and ABP, which isn't bad for an ocean that's only a third full and one look at the player ocean rankings always cheers me up, but as you said MetalCore, not too many semi-half decent alliances to farm.

So once again, can I ask the MRAs to get their act together and found another 34 branch. There's a lot of NOOBs needing your services in my ocean.

Don't be put off by what I did to REAL MADRID ELITE- LIONS (Were top, now zero members in this ocean). I promise I wont farm players below 1500 points, that way your member average won't be affected.