Top 12 Top 12 Helio

DeletedUser55657

You obviously don't inspire loyalty.

I've never been spied on to my knowledge, and those that follow generally like me to an extent, at least enough to agree with my decisions without me having complete authoritarian control.

what do you know about me gold trader lol

DeletedUser55657

Being skeptical of your alliance mates is rather telling lad.

no.. giving everyone voting power or any say is foolish because everyone looks out for themselves especially this early on, leaders exist for a reason, they lead certain sections/jobs of their alliance because they are good if not best for it, to give anyone else a say in how such things would be done is just a waste of having a good leader, personally in last few years i never met an ally that survives long that has a voting system on all alliance matters, it sounds good but it does not work.

DeletedUser41532

Having too many voters can become an issue as decisions are met far too slowly. Especially if not all of you are in the same time zone. I've seen this issue in some alliances I have worked with, that is why I am pointing it out.

DeletedUser48639

Leading requires finding the right players - who lead themselves.

You can have 'leaders' to the outside. But the inside of your alliance should run almost in a completely equal style. In my opinion alliances should look like this.
View attachment 12612
Where the amount of perms someone is given is dictated by the amount of time they have been in the alliance.
Yes, spying can be an issue if you do this with large alliances. Solution, dont have a large alliance.

Edit: There are often very few issues with leadership in this style of alliance. Ultimately decisions are made by a few, but it is often talked about w/ the most active members on whatever platform you use to chat on, discord/mumble/skype etc.
In my experience if you have tight knit groups it's almost never the case that everyone does the strategy. Giving many people leader or other rights is often just a formality to show you trust them. Not everyone is naturally a leader or naturally good at decision making, this is why you delegate. If you have too many people deciding you are bound to have discord - which is an alliance ruiner. With discord I do not mean new ideas : new ideas are always good but I am taking into consideration the decision process over those ideas.

As The DeamonBG mentioned having an extensive and democratic council is most of the times not efficient.

You can never take everyone's opinion into consideration if you have a big alliance. The ideal leadership structure to me is 2 or 3 dictators (never one, because you need mutual control), and like minded players as those. The rest of the work happens top down. I do believe it's important to, once you trust everyone, give them practical rights such as forum mod etc. But there's a reason why there are fighters and leaders.

DeletedUser55572

no.. giving everyone voting power or any say is foolish because everyone looks out for themselves especially this early on, leaders exist for a reason, they lead certain sections/jobs of their alliance because they are good if not best for it, to give anyone else a say in how such things would be done is just a waste of having a good leader, personally in last few years i never met an ally that survives long that has a voting system on all alliance matters, it sounds good but it does not work.
Dont think you understand.

if i say something it is above someone elses. But everyone else is told of the dilema before the decision is made. Ultimately, its still the 'councils' decision. But nothing is hidden, so everyone is open to the ideas.

Yall all hitched on that idea. So i wont respond to each individually.

{ but i do play in 'tight knit groups' / solo etc } I dont like large alliances nor playing with lots of players. A few vets and a small name is all i need to have a fun world.

DeletedUser55657

well.. can't really say its a sad moment for grepo community but.. RIP Bibor :(

DeletedUser41625

Someone asked about the alliance we liked the most playing with.
To some extent that was during my first server, after a long long break, when I had to re-learn the game - Imbros. Yeah, slow one, but perfect to relaunch.
That alliance was JFL, yes the same Just for Laughs as here. Once I found myself under the flag after a few months in a small alliance I thought it was great, being a backliner, trying to learn and help the team with whatever I could. Had a great leader, who I thought was a great person - yes, Charlie. For over half a year I enjoyed playing there. Well until our leader left us in the dust, so to say, and we had to somehow pick ourselves. Not to get too long, the joy of playing there returned as we managed with the help of other veterans in the game and won the crown. Gj to you too, Anj for managing the most of WW ;)
Where I learned how to fight was in Tagea, hell you either learn or die in a x6 server :D Met great players, saw stuff I couldn't possibly see in the slow server of Imbros.
Aaand then came my time in Byblos, where I can at least say I, as a bad leader (cuz many will say I completely fucked up what we could have done), that I found a small group of players with great potential. Shout out to GameGore and the crew :)
@TobiramaSenju I feel you man :D I also found out that leading was tough the hard way.
I disagree with you Deamon on Charlie.... I guess the way I saw in Imbros was... Charlie gave the headstart as a leader and Anj followed it up with a good finish. Many players dont want to play the WW stage ... including me... I find it boring............. Both are good leaders in the end. Byblos... No comments ;)

DeletedUser40125

MRA's will never teach a player. Not sure why you believe that.

Please point me to a skilled player who learned solely in a MRA.

It takes a dedication to the game - and a will to learn, good players generally recognise this, and if you branch out you will find a team to help you develop as a player.

No shame in trying to teach in an MRA, but no forum posts give a person the will to communicate. Timing, back sniping, front sniping, all easy to learn, yet all virtually useless if you don't have a support network.
{ ironic from someone who plays solo a fair bit }

But its fustrating when someone says grepo's skillcap is high. Its a very linear gradient, but the players who are 'the best' are generally in alliances full of these players!

You can roll around in the mud hoping to find gold. Or you can go to a gold mine. Pick and choose.

I learned solely in a MRA in en35 Knossoss (ATALANTE if anyone played that server). I'm not the best player but I can definitely pull my weight.

DeletedUser55187

That alliance was JFL, yes the same Just for Laughs as here. Once I found myself under the flag after a few months in a small alliance I thought it was great, being a backliner, trying to learn and help the team with whatever I could. Had a great leader, who I thought was a great person - yes, Charlie. For over half a year I enjoyed playing there. Well until our leader left us in the dust, so to say, and we had to somehow pick ourselves.

An alliance is never the same between worlds. While it is many of the same people, and yes, Charlie is the leader again, it is a very different alliance.

As for leaving us in the dust, that wasn't exactly his fault. Real life has to take priority.

DeletedUser55645

Bibor... OOOO Bibor. Talked crap. Then got 2 cities landed on within 6 hours after his "No one will take a city from me" speech. Both were taken. Seems You all need a better fan club. Maul the best! Seems like a good name.
smiley_emoticons_skullhaufen.gif

King Soos

Strategos
Bibor... OOOO Bibor. Talked crap. Then got 2 cities landed on within 6 hours after his "No one will take a city from me" speech. Both were taken. Seems You all need a better fan club. Maul the best! Seems like a good name.
smiley_emoticons_skullhaufen.gif
9/10 times the big golders will not be good at the game and will not use an alarm not that big of an achievement

Last edited:

DeletedUser55134

Since the last update nothing seems to work for some people. Inno said they are fixing it atm.

DeletedUser55657

Since the last update nothing seems to work for some people. Inno said they are fixing it atm.

its funny really... why don't you make sure you have adobe air installed and updated all the time and grepolis app and stop blaming inno for being lazy to update your apps.