Top 12 Top 12 Helio

DeletedUser55187

The problem is the fact that i appointed other leaders yet all the work was forced upon me and me only. Hours spent all by myself 50 mails a day. Hats off to all leaders out there i finally know how hard it is.

I've been there, so I get it. You really need good leaders who help distribute the load. Being a good fighter doesn't make people good leaders, and leadership will definitely make or break an alliance.

Bash me all you want, and thanks to the people recognising my aim was to help new players.

No bashing from me. Your intentions were good, even though I believe them to be a bit misguided. All the best in the future!

TobiramaSenju

Phrourach
I've been there, so I get it. You really need good leaders who help distribute the load. Being a good fighter doesn't make people good leaders, and leadership will definitely make or break an alliance.

No bashing from me. Your intentions were good, even though I believe them to be a bit misguided. All the best in the future!

Will do thank you very much , will spend the rest of my time gold trading and will focus on my normal revolt career from now. Thank you all for having me on externals and who knows maybe i'll be in the next conquest server
smiley_emoticons_verlegen.gif

DeletedUser5268

I applaud @TobiramaSenju for taking over leadership. Although, you could have chosen a better world to do it... Or you could have posted in the forums, created a premade for newbies and start in a slower world with moral. That would have been better, but we all learn from experience. I hope you continue mentoring other players and coaching them to learn this game.

Hopefully, we can have this occur more often, or have a Game Operator/Forum Mod leading this type of training/coaching. Grepolis will have more players sticking rather than leaving and there will be more competition.

DeletedUser54993

if you say you are revolt player why you come in cq to "teach" players
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif
you need first to teach your self ,then you can teach for conquest because is not same as revolt salute

TobiramaSenju

Phrourach
if you say you are revolt player why you come in cq to "teach" players
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif
you need first to teach your self ,then you can teach for conquest because is not same as revolt salute

I've played CS before. I'm saying i'm a revolt player to put out the fact that this isn't my main play style yet i choose to help others who don't know even how to play the game, unlike others
smiley_emoticons_grin.gif

Anywhere im here on externals to observe and occasionally comment from now on
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
Thanks guys

Ps. Free Promotion - Buy my Rss and get the same amount on top for free
smiley_emoticons_daumendreh2.gif

DeletedUser54197

I never post on the external forums but this struck a chord, hats off to you TobiramaSenju for giving it a bash and taking in the noobs
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-up_new.gif
It doesnt matter if you're an experienced revolt or cq leader imo, grepo is grepo, 24/7 dedication to a game we all both love and detest at the same time is all that matters, both styles of play easily adapted to for experienced players if willing.

Fair play to you having a go
I only joined byblos for the gold, simming there after the first few weeks, but that world was a mockery of the olden grepo days, all the top alliances/ experienced players banding together as one for pointless undeserved pretty tiaras swapped amongst themseves.

Its easy to forget that we were all noobs once.. (and still are mostly lol
smiley_emoticons_blush-pfeif.gif
)

My first alliance was called "Kingdom of heaven" in Thebes and I stayed with them for years until they folded (even though we were never in the top 20) out of loyalty . They weren't vets , but good peeps and great craic on the forum, I miss them and their open door policy to teach new players..

What alliance was your favorite ? and why ?

DeletedUser52860

I have always had the most fun in smaller, tight-knit, underdog type alliances (revolt or conquest, makes no difference to me) and i also think they are a better environment to learn the game that MRA's where you just get lost in the noise.

Underdark Pirates in Mochlos was awesome fun, the first server i became a proper fighter. Cult of Aphrodite in Dimale on the rim was good too, super fast conquest going up against some big-boy alliances.

The best for me was Death before Dishonor in Kasmenai (and also the Game Over coalition that followed it). Start to finish with no real dramas, rage quits, back stabbings; just good clean fighting with some amazing players (in both groups).

Cheers bbbbwwwww, good reminiscing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46315

The best for me was Death before Dishonor in Kasmenai (and also the Game Over coalition that followed it). Start to finish with no real dramas, rage quits, back stabbings; just good clean fighting with some amazing players (in both groups).

DBD were great guys, was with them for a little before I left the world.

DeletedUser41523

Tbf I feel like Phobia & Ex-phobia players should get a bit of a pass. Least for a day or two or until they can either reform their alliances or find new ones.

DeletedUser55572

MRA's will never teach a player. Not sure why you believe that.

Please point me to a skilled player who learned solely in a MRA.

It takes a dedication to the game - and a will to learn, good players generally recognise this, and if you branch out you will find a team to help you develop as a player.

No shame in trying to teach in an MRA, but no forum posts give a person the will to communicate. Timing, back sniping, front sniping, all easy to learn, yet all virtually useless if you don't have a support network.
{ ironic from someone who plays solo a fair bit }

But its fustrating when someone says grepo's skillcap is high. Its a very linear gradient, but the players who are 'the best' are generally in alliances full of these players!

You can roll around in the mud hoping to find gold. Or you can go to a gold mine. Pick and choose.

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
Rookies. Some are awesome players from day 1, some Vets are bad ones and never learn. MRA lol, it's about leaders to motivate the crew , I won premade , I won by MRA, I won by entering world alone and started to invite , last option is my favorite one, premade is not needed but a small group of 5 hardcore hitters is enough to build on. Teaching rookies pay off for any founder, they awesome loyal and following the teacher Often to other world's. I only can say , do it!

DeletedUser47335

and now I m a little fish with sharks in all directions... One lider for that group wasn t enough, he tried and I apreciate that but if he had the time i think that we had a shot for this world. So who wants some cities because with everyone premade i don t have a shot in any alliance:D

DeletedUser25660

Do you know what i find funny ? How you bash an alliance that has been lead by a revolt player and with mostly rookies , you all stand high and mighty when your in a premade , how about next server you try help out rookies on how to play ? Not my fault we happen to be in the top 12 that you need to be bashing us ?

You deserve to be bashed. You were too pretentious, you even asked on the forum who is serious in Helio and everyone said yes. You also kicked a player for gold trading. Now you are gold trading yourself. Shame on you.

TobiramaSenju

Phrourach
You deserve to be bashed. You were too pretentious, you even asked on the forum who is serious in Helio and everyone said yes. You also kicked a player for gold trading. Now you are gold trading yourself. Shame on you.

Gold trading now that i'm playing solo ? Makes sense ?

DeletedUser41532

Someone asked about the alliance we liked the most playing with.
To some extent that was during my first server, after a long long break, when I had to re-learn the game - Imbros. Yeah, slow one, but perfect to relaunch.
That alliance was JFL, yes the same Just for Laughs as here. Once I found myself under the flag after a few months in a small alliance I thought it was great, being a backliner, trying to learn and help the team with whatever I could. Had a great leader, who I thought was a great person - yes, Charlie. For over half a year I enjoyed playing there. Well until our leader left us in the dust, so to say, and we had to somehow pick ourselves. Not to get too long, the joy of playing there returned as we managed with the help of other veterans in the game and won the crown. Gj to you too, Anj for managing the most of WW ;)
Where I learned how to fight was in Tagea, hell you either learn or die in a x6 server :D Met great players, saw stuff I couldn't possibly see in the slow server of Imbros.
Aaand then came my time in Byblos, where I can at least say I, as a bad leader (cuz many will say I completely fucked up what we could have done), that I found a small group of players with great potential. Shout out to GameGore and the crew :)
@TobiramaSenju I feel you man :D I also found out that leading was tough the hard way.

DeletedUser55572

Someone asked about the alliance we liked the most playing with.
To some extent that was during my first server, after a long long break, when I had to re-learn the game - Imbros. Yeah, slow one, but perfect to relaunch.
That alliance was JFL, yes the same Just for Laughs as here. Once I found myself under the flag after a few months in a small alliance I thought it was great, being a backliner, trying to learn and help the team with whatever I could. Had a great leader, who I thought was a great person - yes, Charlie. For over half a year I enjoyed playing there. Well until our leader left us in the dust, so to say, and we had to somehow pick ourselves. Not to get too long, the joy of playing there returned as we managed with the help of other veterans in the game and won the crown. Gj to you too, Anj for managing the most of WW ;)
Where I learned how to fight was in Tagea, hell you either learn or die in a x6 server :D Met great players, saw stuff I couldn't possibly see in the slow server of Imbros.
Aaand then came my time in Byblos, where I can at least say I, as a bad leader (cuz many will say I completely fucked up what we could have done), that I found a small group of players with great potential. Shout out to GameGore and the crew :)
@TobiramaSenju I feel you man :D I also found out that leading was tough the hard way.
Leading requires finding the right players - who lead themselves.

You can have 'leaders' to the outside. But the inside of your alliance should run almost in a completely equal style. In my opinion alliances should look like this.
Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 9.42.46 pm.png
Where the amount of perms someone is given is dictated by the amount of time they have been in the alliance.
Yes, spying can be an issue if you do this with large alliances. Solution, dont have a large alliance.

Edit: There are often very few issues with leadership in this style of alliance. Ultimately decisions are made by a few, but it is often talked about w/ the most active members on whatever platform you use to chat on, discord/mumble/skype etc.

DeletedUser55657

Leading requires finding the right players - who lead themselves.

You can have 'leaders' to the outside. But the inside of your alliance should run almost in a completely equal style. In my opinion alliances should look like this.
View attachment 12612
Where the amount of perms someone is given is dictated by the amount of time they have been in the alliance.
Yes, spying can be an issue if you do this with large alliances. Solution, dont have a large alliance.

Edit: There are often very few issues with leadership in this style of alliance. Ultimately decisions are made by a few, but it is often talked about w/ the most active members on whatever platform you use to chat on, discord/mumble/skype etc.

that pic and idea is just nuts

DeletedUser55572

that pic and idea is just nuts
You obviously don't inspire loyalty.

I've never been spied on to my knowledge, and those that follow generally like me to an extent, at least enough to agree with my decisions without me having complete authoritarian control.