Top 12 sink or swim

DeletedUser54807

no offense to havoc but i feel like he has most things way off in his t-12. Ill be posting only alliances i see as a float or better and they may or may not be top 12 in rankings.

1.) Knights Hospitaller- fantastic core, no shortage on talent. Most likely pushing west for easy growth well maintaining a wall to the east ( in other words, easy cities west and easy bp east ). possibly the best set up of the t-12 and as long as they keep infighting to a minimum then this will be hard for any alliance to take down.
WecfR9y.png

2.) Pandas - Oh what to say, i think this alliance is a wild card, they have no shortage on talent. That being said i feel some of the members dont have a good reputation for sticking it out. If they decide to stick it out and if they can keep interest then they will certainly make the show more interesting, they have a contested ocean that will serve as good food and recruits. Name sucks too but i expect this alliance to do very well...

f6c125d1-16e8-454e-b02b-ed459065ebbe
f6c125d1-16e8-454e-b02b-ed459065ebbe

gifKn8m.png

3.) red flag - i dont know as i dont actually care too much but if they really do have 230 players in this little coa then the joke is on them. they will fall far behind all other alliances purely because they recruited food rather then eating. lack of BP and available food will make it hard imo, on the other hand the benefit they do have is "simple food" which is there own inactive players.. lets be honest though thats pretty boring. Not gunna post a map since they recruited the ocean. - float until any half decent alliance puts pressure on them.

4.) No strangers - Well these guys, idk how to put this but they have some of those players that are ridiculously stubborn. Talented in game but stubborn none the less, which can cause serious drama. I think this review is not only based on stats and thats why i say that, the number 1 killer of good alliances is fighting within. That being said this group lacks no talent, they have a decent coring and a nice route to push to on the north, if they push north and protect there back / provide relief to the south then they will do very well. I will call these guys the wild card #2

g5onuOQ.png

Last but not least the special guest....

5.) Addicts - Located in mid/north of ocean 44, this alliance may not be much to look at with that weak rank of 29 but they have some recognizable names of known high world speed fighters. Granted that said names are known for not approved scripts ( lol ) that doesnt change the fact that the script we will end up fighting has some skill. These guys played it right by waiting, they have nothing to their back meaning they will have limited fronts allowing them to focus more on the real war fronts. I think this script err i mean alliance will be one to watch out for as it steadily increases its dominance.

lPkmW48.png

ahh sorry if i skipped your alliance, maybe look into joining one of these and we wont have that problem since you'll be relevant
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
jk

DeletedUser48122

Last but not least the special guest....

5.) Addicts - Located in mid/north of ocean 44, this alliance may not be much to look at with that weak rank of 29 but they have some recognizable names of known high world speed fighters. Granted that said names are known for not approved scripts ( lol ) that doesnt change the fact that the script we will end up fighting has some skill. These guys played it right by waiting, they have nothing to their back meaning they will have limited fronts allowing them to focus more on the real war fronts. I think this script err i mean alliance will be one to watch out for as it steadily increases its dominance.

Since you know a lot about players and scripts would you be so kind to explain to others (especially me) which are approved and which not approved and who's using not approved ones?
I thought those listed on Grepo forum are approved (GRCR, DIO, ...) but acc to your words looks like they are not?

DeletedUser54495

Since you know a lot about players and scripts would you be so kind to explain to others (especially me) which are approved and which not approved and who's using not approved ones?
I thought those listed on Grepo forum are approved (GRCR, DIO, ...) but acc to your words looks like they are not?

He means that the recognizable names in addicts are remembered for their use of illegal scripts, like auto farm, auto time, etc. Pretty sure it is not allowed to discuss this on forums so will say no more

DeletedUser48122

Well, all I can say ... in past few years I've been playing together with majority of players you see on Addicts roster some were accused for illegal activities but nothing was proven. In another hand, some were victims of illegal activities carried out by other players for which I still have screenshots.
I'm playing this game long enough to be able to recognize what's legal and what isn't.

DeletedUser54807

I'm not going to get into this cuz it's not really on topic, only mentioned it in my review cuz I believe it's based on more then stats. BUT you have gaby and vero in your alliance, to say your alliance plays clean would make you lose literally all credibility. As for you and iceman I have no clue nor am I here to accuse you of anything, but a few of your players have indeed been ban for such things in the past. I got no beef with you or anyone else on this world. Just poking fun

DeletedUser51499

*facepalm*

sorry, will answer to your "suggestions" a bit later, kinda dealing with more important stuff now.

Oki, so you might need a more detailed story here, or will start suggesting me to refresh the page or delete the cookies...
When it was left around 5 minutes until enemy CS landing all my pages went down (ya know, server not found). Tried refreshing, nothing happed wheel just kept spinning, so I connected my laptop to phones internet, nope, still the same. So now I'm running holding my useless laptop in my hands to the pc in another office, and behold! on another pc all is fine, Grepo working, CS incoming, while my poor laptop still spinning. Kinda a coincidence with 3 min left until CS landing, don't you think? So, CS killed, and 3-5 min after my lapton miracally starts working again. I'm sitting shocked and angry, my assistent looking to me like I went crazy running around, IT guys shacking heads... Yeah, kinda usual stuff you know...

And no, they didn't spammed me down with attacks, there was only 2 incoming and no alarms going off.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54771

Oki, so you might need a more detailed story here, or will start suggesting me to refresh the page or delete the cookies...
When it was left around 5 minutes until enemy CS landing all my pages went down (ya know, server not found). Tried refreshing, nothing happed wheel just kept spinning, so I connected my laptop to phones internet, nope, still the same. So now I'm running holding my useless laptop in my hands to the pc in another office, and behold! on another pc all is fine, Grepo working, CS incoming, while my poor laptop still spinning. Kinda a coincidence with 3 min left until CS landing, don't you think? So, CS killed, and 3-5 min after my lapton miracally starts working again. I'm sitting shocked and angry, my assistent looking to me like I went crazy running around, IT guys shacking head... Yeah, kinda usual stuff you know...
You are nuts.

DeletedUser42769

from my understanding (correct me if i'm wrong....) Whoever did this could not have targeted you with a DDoS unless they had your IP... now unless you were on skype with someone you think sent the attack and they used wire shark to get your IP, or you clicked on an IP grabbing link, there is low chance they actually got your IP meaning they would not have been able send a DDoS in the first place... Or maybe you where sent a DDoS attack but from someone else not related to the game at all and it was all just one big coincidence... Or maybe you just had problems connecting from your laptop because of something else, its not unheard of. If you think that someone sent a DDoS to the actual Grepolis servers then they can check the traffic and see what is going on... but that would be their problem, not yours.

DeletedUser51499

Oh yeah, because we live in world with so many coincidences happening at the exact time than CS. Unfortunatelly not the first time it's happening to me. I had the same situation in Carphi and in Lato. Just this time I won't it slide without getting some resolve.

I don't know how they got my IP. IT savvy people probably can probably know better how it's done. I just know the facts it was done to me.

DeletedUser42769

Also, is this the right place to be complaining about your "DDoS" attack? If its such a big issue then get the grepo team to get CloudFlare DDoS protection.

The main ways people get your IP is through online call services like skype and Omegel, they then use a packet analyser which is something that well... analyses packets... to find your IP, they then can use a free IP booter (not a good idea, can come with tonnes of viruses and doesn't always work properly) LOIC, HOIC, UDP unicorn...

Another way is they can send you a link which once clicked on will send you IP to the person who sent you the link. The link can be anything from an advert to a fake error 404 message, but the link will be disguised to it looks like a YouTube link, a forum link, a print screen link and even a Dropbox link. Then the same as the other way they just use an IP booter to boot you offline.

Im sure there are other ways that im not aware of but these are the ones that most skids use.

DeletedUser51499

Kinda is. Coz it was done from someone in Top 12. But mods can delete it, no hard feelings towards them.

DeletedUser42769

How can you possible know it was from someone in the top 12 alliances?
1) You have no proof it was even a DDoS
2) Even if it was a DDoS, you probably would not be able to trace it because DDoS attacks come from literally everywhere...

DeletedUser54771

Kinda is. Coz it was done from someone in Top 12. But mods can delete it, no hard feelings towards them.
Sucks you got lagged, but what you believe and what you know are two different things. FYI, I'm reporting you for accusing me of cheating. Have a nice day, and I hope you can calm yourself.

DeletedUser43011

Will you all just suck it up and get back on topic ... Jesus this has turned into a proper who done it winning session.

Never in my years of grep have I witnessed such kid like behaviour

Next you'll be comparing who dad is the hardest and how much pocket money you get.

If it offends anyone I don't care, it's bad enough being mass mailed this then seeing it on world chat but now here also

Get a grip!

DeletedUser54755

Will you all just suck it up and get back on topic ... Jesus this has turned into a proper who done it winning session.

Never in my years of grep have I witnessed such kid like behaviour

Next you'll be comparing who dad is the hardest and how much pocket money you get.

If it offends anyone I don't care, it's bad enough being mass mailed this then seeing it on world chat but now here also

Get a grip!
Yeah no competion here my dad clearly is the hardest.

DeletedUser33297

I’m sorry for taking this off topic a little bit, but I felt the need to respond. I do not appreciate blind accusations towards my fellow alliance members.

I will start off by saying I find it rather ridiculous you immediately start blaming your opponents when something doesn’t quite go the way you wanted it to go. It’s disappointing your laptop didn’t work, and for that I feel sorry, but honestly; **** happens to all of us.

from my understanding (correct me if i'm wrong....) Whoever did this could not have targeted you with a DDoS unless they had your IP...

Optimuch is indeed correct, in order to DOS or DDOS someone an IP address is required. Getting this generally speaking isn’t too much trouble as humans tend to trust people quite easily.(me included) Things like clicking on a link or opening/downloading an image are all ways someone could use to get your IP.

When it was left around 5 minutes until enemy CS landing all my pages went down (ya know, server not found). Tried refreshing, nothing happed wheel just kept spinning, so I connected my laptop to phones internet, nope, still the same.

First of all I'd like to say ddos’ing one PC on a network in particular is quite uncommon. Generally speaking people will go after the router since it’s simply way easier. If this were to be the case your other pc would have had the same problem.

However, the reason I can quite certainly say it was your laptop that was acting up rather than you being ddos’ed is because of the fact you tried switching to your mobile network. When doing this your IP address will switch as well. If it was indeed a DDOS attack this step would have worked and you would have gotten your connection to the Grepolis servers back.