Turtle rage

DeletedUser

It is so pathetic when #3 alliance is trying to brag about taking some cities from #16 alliance and then starts whining about turtles.
C'mon get adult!

DeletedUser

HAHA FINALLY SOME ACTION!

LET US FUNNEL THIS ANGST INTO THE BATTLEFIELD!

Also, HARPOON doesn't pact. We told ALL of you that from the beginning ;) other than that all I'm seeing is bitterness. Oh and I wouldn't know about Rho, this is my second world with HARPOON (the first being Delphi). But I must say, bringing up a defeat or victory in a past world is like taping a sign to your forehead that says "NO SKILLS IN CURRENT WORLD". Rather pathetic.

And for the record, this turtle post was started and maintained before any of the recent wars. The whole point of picking fights with all you guys was to find some action. Oh and because we are maintaining dominance in O45. But hey if you guys will keep building them up, we'll keep taking them.

So yes, I will end with the usual Grepo cliches: It's a war game, peace and fun times are in Farmville, etc. etc. until then, ya'll know where to find me, because if half of what you guys have said here is true, well maybe we are in for an actual eventful fight! Haven't had one of them since we went at it with TRT!

Anywhoo, we must be doing something right. You all seemed to crawl out of the muck and rush to the external forums at once lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Oh Iverst, you should probably read threads before you comment ;)

DeletedUser19396

But to turn around and attack the same players who were helping to defend you a couple of weeks later isn't so cool dude. We could have helped in so many ways. You may say you have no Pacts, but you did have a NAP with us (we have the discussions) and we shared forums. What is that about if not working toward a Pact?

You wanted to find some action by attacking an alliance 1/4 your size? Not strong enough to fight alliances close to your own size. I think action is what you may end up with, but not the type that will lead to your victory here. While you fight us the real winners of this world with rise and take all.

DeletedUser

We did have shared forums, but from what I recall, most of the support requesting was on the FD, UC end of things.
And in all fairness, the shared forums were removed at least a week before we started attacking. NAPs come and NAPs go. Alliances in Grep are never permanent and I apologize if you were told that's what it was. I was not in the leader discussions then, nor am I now.

I am not a leader or founder in my alliance. I do not decide who we fight and who we don't. I give my opinion like everyone else in the alliance. The leaders take these opinions and decide what to do next. Most of us are in O45. Not going to give it away, but it should be rather obvious who our current truce is with. The only other alliances remotely near us, is you lot. We are just trying to have fun and continue to prepare for the future of the world. I am sorry it means kicking you out of O45, but that's what the leaders decided.

On that topic, I am going to stop commenting. This is a thread for turtle-related discussion, which wasn't a reference to a particular alliance, though some seem to have taken it that way.

Cheers and happy hunting!

DeletedUser

After winning a crown in Rho and in Gythium we decided to give ourselves a challenge by starting two months late and not worrying about going for a crown this time around, but you guys may have stirred up a hornets nest.

BAHAHAHAHA! this gave me quite a chuckle. "Oh, we're major players, but we didn't care too much to try hard in this world... oh, ! I guess we should try harder."

You knew what you were getting into starting late--therefore, you cant use that as an excuse. And all this running around complaining... when you were clearly getting outside help.. lol. This is a game guys, try to have fun. If you're not having fun, feel free to exit the world!

DeletedUser19396

Just remember that Grepolis is more like a marathon than a sprint race and there are proven experienced players who know how to handle things. IN Rho we were told to stay out of O55 by Virus and told they would kick us out, but they never did. Virus was by far a much better alliance with much better players than I see here.

Remember I have seen the battle reports and the number of CS that have been sunk. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Not complaining. Not ing. Loving attacking and defending and long may it last! What I'm incredulous about is your choice of targets sometimes - the number one player in the world targeting a two city guy, then a top player attacking a single city player with morale at 44%. What a complete waste of troops before they even engage with the 'enemy'. Just seems like crazy 'strategy' to me but if that how you guys get your 'fun', feel free to carry on with the mega BP donations :)

And to Divided, why is it so surprising we weren't interested in a third crown? Been there, done that and its the most boring and soul destroying end to a world Grep could ever have come up with. I wouldn't want to do it again if you paid me.

DeletedUser

^^ Can't say about why cities were chosen, but I'm sure there was good reason. Sometimes the location is worth the 40% morale. Especially when we have smaller members with much better morale to do the heavy lifting.

And everybody sinks CS's mate, it is not uncommon in tough battles for 3-4 CS's to be launched at a city within a single revolt period. Can't give up after hitting a single bir wall ;)

DeletedUser

A "war game" is still a "game"...

and this isn't a game against a CPU... there are real people on the other end of every click.

Fair play & good sportsmanship should always be a cornerstone of the game... just as it should be a cornerstone of every aspect of our lives.

Otherwise winning means nothing...

With that said... nothing is sweeter than making kids cry.

So its a mixed bag, really.

DeletedUser

Sorry to say but I cannot hate turtles that much. Lack of offensive bugs me but if you were in charge of a real city, wouldn't you want to be double safe? Only thinking realistic,even though I know it's a game. I know it's meant to be an action game not a simmer game.

DeletedUser

Who is UC? Under Current??? LOL, founding cities will get you far in this world..... Can't actually take one that has troops in it?

DeletedUser

Not complaining. Not ing. Loving attacking and defending and long may it last! What I'm incredulous about is your choice of targets sometimes - the number one player in the world targeting a two city guy, then a top player attacking a single city player with morale at 44%. What a complete waste of troops before they even engage with the 'enemy'. Just seems like crazy 'strategy' to me but if that how you guys get your 'fun', feel free to carry on with the mega BP donations :)

And to Divided, why is it so surprising we weren't interested in a third crown? Been there, done that and its the most boring and soul destroying end to a world Grep could ever have come up with. I wouldn't want to do it again if you paid me.

You're welcome! We felt that maybe you'd do OK if our morale was horrible. You have proven yourselves worthy foes.

Notalot, all I was getting at is that if you don't care about that third crown, then why with the complaints//comments? If you're a strong player, spending a bit of time defending isnt gonna kill you. Losing a few cities isn't going to kill you. If you don't care about getting to the end of this world, getting knocked down by people who do shouldn't bother you... in fact, you should understand our position exactly, being a previous world-winner. Y'know, I'm willing to bet that a lot more of us would get along if we were on the same teams.. I've had plenty of conversations with players from other teams that were civilized and/or funny. So peace, and good luck to you. At the end of the day the best team will win. [I'll respond to any butthurt-sounding comments, though there shouldn't be any. You can either make excuses or walk your talk in-game.]

BTW I like turtles, just not in grep. :)

With that said... nothing is sweeter than making kids cry.

^this. Whether it's CS:S or Grepolis or Starcraft... this is always true. When you're on top you can talk all the smack you want!

DeletedUser

I don't hate turtles (though they can be frustrating), and there are turtles on every world, it is a part of the game. But for a few weeks there every spy report I was getting back was cities filled to the brim with swords and archers, and NO transports to take them anywhere lol. And very few of them were of alliances commenting in this thread.

This post was simply aimed to have some fun with the situation at the time.

tumblr_ls86k4MTEo1qgs1ido1_400.gif

DeletedUser

Sorry to say but I cannot hate turtles that much. Lack of offensive bugs me but if you were in charge of a real city, wouldn't you want to be double safe? Only thinking realistic,even though I know it's a game. I know it's meant to be an action game not a simmer game.

I basically agree with you Shadis... but I'd like to differentiate on a few points.

First... most "action games" don't take weeks of build up... you just turn it on and start destroying the virtual enemy.

Wins & loses come pretty much instantaneously.

But whether building cities or building armies & fleets... Grepolis isn't exactly an action game... seems to me its more of a combination of an empire simulation & war game... it sort of has aspects of both sim & shoot em' up.

DeletedUser

I basically agree with you Shadis... but I'd like to differentiate on a few points.

First... most "action games" don't take weeks of build up... you just turn it on and start destroying the virtual enemy.

Wins & loses come pretty much instantaneously.

But whether building cities or building armies & fleets... Grepolis isn't exactly an action game... seems to me its more of a combination of an empire simulation & war game... it sort of has aspects of both sim & shoot em' up.
I basically meant the overall of it is action/offense. Realistically it would take at least four times the attacker to defeat the defender, but that would obviously ruin this game so yea and I've noticed that in this game the defense and offense are about equal, depending as we all know on the units used but there is always a counteracting unit for a certain unit. Hence I say the better strategy in this game is offensive or like here a turtle defense.

DeletedUser

Hahahahaha that is epic Shadis thank you

How'd you know epic is my middle name :cool:....actually it's Robert but still :cool:

Anyways that picture is to tell you while I don't hate them, that they can be frustrating and I'm still gonna attack them, seeing as a games a game. :)