When will 1.0 worlds be upgraded to version 2.0 : Discussion

DeletedUser

while many share your sentiments, it was always planned that some of the features from 2.x would be incorporated into 1.x worlds. Not everything, just some of the main features. Rest assured, inno will take all of this into consideration before implementing those changes. They listened when they introduced morale to the worlds, so have faith that they will listen again :)

lololol

DeletedUser13405

Adding my comments here FWIW...

Subject: Hades
Verdict: Yes
Reason: I'd love to play with a new God. Mythical units, while certainly not used everyday, have their uses and I'd like to try Hades out.

Subject: Farming System
Verdict: No
Reason: From what I can gather from it, it requires more time and effort than the old system. I have not heard very many positive comments on it from respected players. Personally, I really do not farm much anymore, but I do trade with the villages often. Anything that impacts my ability to trade would not be good.

Subject: World Wonders
Reason: I think it would be pretty cool and provide a challenge to build 4 world wonders.

I will caveat this by saying that any type of new world that opens and ends up with my alliance scattered around the world and everyone starting from scratch would likely mean the end of me playing Grepolis (and for most of my alliance-mates). I have no desire to rebuild from scratch without the players around me with whom I have forged relationships over the 9 months I have played this game.

Subject: Graphics
Verdict: No comment
Reason: I really do not have personal experience and don't want to speak without first playing around with it.

Subject: Attack Planner/Phoenician Merchant
Reason: I like both of these ideas (especially the attack planner) and would love to see them come to 1.26 worlds as much as Hades.

DeletedUser18132

Hades:YES!!!! I would love to see some more gods on the 1.26 worlds, like Ares, Aphrodite, Demeter, etc. Farming:no. Way to boring to keep clicking all the time. World Wonders:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It would be good if worlds just continued on forever. Graphics: no. Takes to long to load. Attack Planner/Phoenician Merchant: Yes. Would be nice if you had a little extra silver to spend and the attack planner would make the attacks easier to plan.

DeletedUser

Subject:Farms
Verdict: NO!!
Reason: I love the 1.26 farming system: as long as you know the system for strengthening and looting, and have the proper units, your resources will just pour in to your warehouse. Now, I admit, I haven't done the math...but I think the 2.0 system has a slight advantage over the course of the first week (maximum) of a brand new account. Thereafter, the old system can produce more resources with fewer clicks and time.* Yes, having many cities can be a bother. But, in my experience, I usually got bored with daily farming around the time that my cities were capable of producing sufficient resources on their own. Of course, horse nuke cities have no problem farming with little time... and you can always use them to help balance the resources of other cities.

2.0 farming is far more tedious and with a worse pay-off, IMO.

*Edit: that is, if your primary focus is to develop at least 75 horsemen in your first week of playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8969

i think the old worlds should remain as they are. esp the farming. i don't have time to sit all day long hitting the feeder bar for resources. i like to spend a couple hours farming and be done for the day without loss of potential resources.

DeletedUser

One thing that bothers me about the 2.0 is the map mechanics. It is difficult to gain a bearing on your location without having the defining lines separating the oceans like 1.0. Also the ocean label does not seem to update while scrolling as well. I'm not sure if this was intentional or a technical issue on my end. If there is one thing I would like to keep, it is the map mechanics from 1.0 worlds.

DeletedUser

Im for upgrading 1.6 to 2.0. I've invested in a 1.6 world and seeing what 2.0 has to offer... I keep my fingers crossed every day that I read an announcement that 2.0 has come my way. *crosses fingers and knocks on wood*

DeletedUser

I say yes to all update everything to 2.0.

My reasoning is the same as previous people on most so i wont waste time typing the same old same old but id just like to talk about world wonders for a minute because it seems everyones hateing on them.

Ok so my opinion on world wonders is they are great. This is because first for all of you who say youd hate it if they every restarted a world but thats the thing i dont think any alliance will ever ever be able to make 4 world wonders. If they do its because there so overwhelmingly dominate in that world that the world needs to be restarted so that they dont simply just keep owning the entire world. Also ive heard roumers about there being a special world for just alliances who have gotten all 4 world wonders and i think that would be awesome so that way no only do you get to keep with your alliance mates but once theres multiple alliances it would be best on best=awesomeness :D

DeletedUser1405

Reason: Played with this God in 2.0 very good myths for taking down slinger attacks and decent spells, for these alone i say yes.

Subject: Farming System
Reason:To much time needed to keep the resources flowing, would have been better to have a trickle of resources to your city once you had conquered the farming village.

Subject: World Wonders
Verdict: NO
Reason:This would make it easier for a world to be closed quickly.

Verdict: NO
Reason: To much lag on the graphics, keep 1.0 as it is as they are running smoothly.

Subject: Attack Planner/Phoenician Merchant
Verdict: YES please :)
Reason: Both these are great additions to the game and i cant wait to get the planner in 1.0 it was an excellent way to plan campaigns without having to leave the game for an outside programme.

Personally i would leave 1.0 mostly as it is, people then can choose, obviously as the time goes on 1.0 will phase out but at least we can learn the different aspects when needed and not be rushed into 2.0.

DeletedUser

I wlike 2.0 as much as 1.26, but I want to keep my progress. Is it possible that we could transition the world into 2.0 without deleting anything?

DeletedUser8969

leave the 1.26 worlds alone. i don't have time to push the feeder bar every 5 minutes for farming on the 2.0 worlds. farming once a day should be enough for anyone.

DeletedUser18132

The only thing I think that would be nice in 1.26 is have Hades.

DeletedUser

Reason: It will be nice to have a new god to worship

Reason: You can get more resources in the 1.0 version

Subject: Wonders
Reason: It would be a good challenge to see who is the best alliance in 1.0. But we would loose all our kingdoms which we have worked over a year for

Reason: There should still be some remanence of 1.0 in the game

DeletedUser5859

I like the farms in 1.26 (because like said above farming just once or twice a day is much better than intervals of however long alll day) and I like the not having windows and all that (keep it simple).. but the graphics of the town is a nice change.. having a new god is great!

DeletedUser

Reason: Most of the players from 1.0 don´t know that god, this would bring many people back

Reason: I test at Rho and this system is much usefull for a player with a good amount of cities and players that not have much time to take care from their economy, but they should add 1 bar to get resources of 6 hour (I think the max is 1 hour isn´t it?)

Subject: Wonders
Reason: The game need a goal, no only take cities and get bigger, if you get too much bigger you won´t have time to take care of your cities cause will be too many cities to worry about and than you will give up cause don´t have time to maintain all those cities.

Reason: Those new graphics is more beautiful and you work at windows much more easyer and you get more information easier...

What is gonna happen to those players that still playing the old grepolis version?

Grepolis owner just care about players from version 2.0, they forgot those loyal players that still playing at old versions like: Iota, Kappa and etc... most of those players play grepolis more than 1 year. And we still got a good amount of players playing at those old version world that not intend to lose all the hard work that they done to migrate at a new world to start from zero.

Saw many people quitting from Iota and most of those remaining players going inactive. People is tired of eating inactive cities and than soon they get bored playing sincity and quit from iota.
And same thing is happen with other worlds like: kappa, Lambda and etc...
I don't see myself playing 2 more years in Iota. So what is the point of continue if there is no motivation?

Attack Planner don´t work for those old versions anymore: http://grepoplanner.ath.cx/Planner.aspx

I have some suggestions:
1- We could merge worlds with similar settings like Iota + Lambda, and do a new setting for both
2- Add the system of wonders from version 2.0 so an end game can be more then fighting to the core.
3- Set a date to end the world and give prizes for alliances or players at top BP list. prizes like: 300 of gold for all the members of the alliance top 1 at BP list, 200 for the second and 100 for the third. (so they can get some incentive to start at a "new" world using that gold)
4- Do more events at old versions

We need a goal urgently
Grepolis must do something about it, i don´t care what they gonna do but they must do something otherwise the world die slowly.
:pro:
http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=26932

DeletedUser

By the way most of the old players hate those new Graphics and maybe the farm system...
About the farm system people said about time, but i think that if you transfer resources and attack farming villages for more resources using increase strength and than resource looting you will spend much more time instead of just clicking at farm village for resource, if you get 100 cities at diferent islands you will spend much more time with the old system.

If we get only Hades, Wonders + some updates from those last versions will be ok too

Changelog 2.13

- If support troops are involved in a battle their owner will now also receive battle points
- Players can now accept e-mail confirmation gifts manually
- The simulator calculations when attacking farm towns have been improved
- The usability of the trading window was improved.
- Information about world wonders was added to the island info window
- Mythical units are now allowed to support towns worshiping their god
- New functionality for inviting friends: invite friends to an island close to you!
- The World wonder point requirements have been improved
And the Bugfixes if need...

Things will be fine ^^

DeletedUser

I'm all for upgrading in full except the graphics as the map in 2.0 is terrible, needs to be the original style map.

Graphics - No as outlined above + slow on iphone

New god - yes as this has been great for masking CS attacks.

Farming - with 76's on iota i no longer farm anyway so not fussed.

Wonders - if this is included it might bring around some worlds ending pretty quick might have to change the amount of resources needed to create them.