When will 1.0 worlds be upgraded to version 2.0 : Discussion

DeletedUser12512

I'd like to see little icon indicators that tell me what spells are active in my cities when I am in the trade screen similar to how it does it in the troops screen. (with premium) as I think this would be more useful.

I'd also like to point out that I think when Gordo mentioned the 4 things he did in his original post he was just giving you a starting point for inclusions, you don't need a template formate to discuss those things, you could potentially come up with new ones yourself other then Hades, Farming System, World Wonders, etc. that you would like to see included in 1.26 that are presently in 2.x

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Subject: Hades
Verdict: Yes:cool:
Reason: Best. God. Ever.

Subject:Farms
Verdict: No:rolleyes:
Reason: Needed in new worlds many times more than old worlds. And it just slows down the server.

Subject: Wonders
Verdict: No:Angry:
Reason: Game needs a goal, but not of the Sim City type. How about ABP originating from specific islands contributes to the construction of island Wonders? The ultimate goal should require war to achieve it, IF this is actually a war game.

Subject: Graphics
Verdict: Nooooooooooooooooo!:supermad::supermad::supermad:
Reason: The map view has always been slow and spotty in 1.0, but 2.0 requires you to be stuck forever in that slow mode. I'm convinced that's why the city view, forum views, etc. are soooooooo slow as well. Is it really necessary to hit refresh 5 times to see one post on the forum?!? I need 6 times more hours in Psi to accomplish the same tasks in Iota. It just makes Tetris look like a great alternative.

DeletedUser

Verdict: Yes
Reason: Who doesn't like this guy?

Subject: Farms
Reason: Way better farming system, faster, easier, and upgrading is fun for simmers ;)

Verdict: No
Reason: Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but not on all worlds, because say an alliance on the other side of the world build 3 out of 4 and you can't attack them.

Reason: I like the old graphics on the 1.0 worlds and the new on the 2.0 worlds.

DeletedUser

time to bump this.... it has been missed by too many peeps multi-threading this subject.

its also a pointless topic but meh - ignore my grumbling.

-When will 1.0 worlds be upgraded to version 2.0 : Discussion-
P.S: Please do not ask for an update date, as we cannot provide you with one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser345

Give us an end game by removing culture... simming the wonders is not the answer. The farming system is appalling. Hades is unneccessary and the graphics slow down the system and are also unnecessary.

If as we were told on the other thread about Halloween the two versions are different games, where have the developers of the first gone? There not fixing bugs? There not giving us updates? Where are they?

DeletedUser

Verdict: Unsure
Reason: I like the 4 gods we have now but his divine powers look tasty.

Reason: I like the system as it seems a lot easier and less time consuming plus the upgrade function gives you some place to put you excess rock while rebuilding you ls, which benefits you.

Reason: We like our worlds and I doubt there will be many (if any) more of them made, so the last thing we want is to bring them to an end.

Reason: I have never heard anybody I know who left the old world say anything but negative comments about the new graphics, I think they are just too different. Perhaps you could improve the old Graphics to a degree but not totally change them.

DeletedUser

Reason: a Variety Of Power
Subject: Farms
Verdict:NeVeR!
Reason: It Changes To Much For ME To Handle And Makes IT To Hard
Verdict: Doesnt Matter
Reason: Not Sure
Subject: graphics
Verdict: No!
Reason: Different To Nig Of A Change to ME!

DeletedUser

I think all worlds should have world wonders but alliances should only be aloud to own one world wonder in a ocean, this stops a alliance from creating several world wonders in one area were it is impossible for other alliances to conquer

DeletedUser

Give us an end game by removing culture... simming the wonders is not the answer. The farming system is appalling. Hades is unneccessary and the graphics slow down the system and are also unnecessary.

If as we were told on the other thread about Halloween the two versions are different games, where have the developers of the first gone? There not fixing bugs? There not giving us updates? Where are they?

I agree, why do we even have this thread when you can't even give us an answer to the thread?

Also, if we wanted to be on 2.0 we would join a new world and the majority of people wanting to have done so.

DeletedUser

Reason: Would be pretty cool
Reason: Addicted people farm every 5mins and do so well
Reason: first thing about 2.0 worlds that immediately sounded amazing. Would like to try it out soon becuase i dont know if its as good as it sounds. A shame it takes so long to get to the stage of World Wonders
Verdict: No! Slows everything down

Abbacus

Phrourach
Reason: An extra god would be fun

Reason: The farms really dont work for me. They are not good for constant farming.

Reason: Its fun anyway just with the alliances conquering each other.

Reason: Dont work very well on my computer and make it slow and does not work on phones.

DeletedUser

Tried 2.0 at Rho. I quit that because 2.0 was sooooo slow. New features are fine but even thinking of havin 100 cities at 2.0 gives me headache.

Verdict: I will quit if 1.26 world go for 2.0

DeletedUser

Tried Sigma, but i do wish that the survey gave you a list of what players wante and didnt want. I want it to be in the same format as a 1.0 world but i want just world wonders (cause they sound so amazing!) but other than just the world wonders i guess Hades would be good too. Farming though its just too easy... The graphics also will slow down many players on their phone and on their dare i say older computers... So i dont know im kinda two faced on this matter.

Verdict: It would be good for some features to be implemented but it would be bad to lose the heart of the glory days of Grepolis's old worlds. :p :pro:

DeletedUser17633

I'd quit if my 1.26 world changed to 2.0

I can't stand the new farming method, or the new map

The people who seem to like the new farming method like that you can just click every few hours - but they obviously miss the point that this means they fall so far behind others who click every 5 minutes.

Let those who want 2.0 worlds go to a 2.0 world... It won't be the 'same world' anyway if a 1.26 world changes to 2.0 as lots of people will leave. If you want to stay in your world because of your friends, then if all your friends are on a 1.26 world and want to go to 2.0, you can all go together. If some of your friends don't like 2.0, then they'll leave anyway if it is upgraded.

DeletedUser

Leave 2.0 off the old worlds. Broad overview of reasons:
- Layout is crap
- It's slow
- Hate the farming
- I find The Phoenician Trader to be useless
- Hate the windowed view for things

DeletedUser

Forgive me for posting this here as well as the 2.0 feeback forum...

How about a simple feature that once you own a city you have the option to BURN IT TO THE GROUND FOREVER. Destroying the anchor point and freeing up a city slot.

I expect then the world would shrink over time and the world would stay active because most people would burn their inactive cities to free up slot to get close to the action.

DeletedUser

No

Hades:
NO
I tried him on Athens and Hades is Rubbish!

Farms:
No

World Wonders:
No
It's fun fighting

Farms:
NO

2.0:
NO

Verdict:
If they all change to 2.0 i will quit

DeletedUser17103

i don't actually play 1.6 anymore but i think that it should be kept the same because the people who play there have a choice anyway whether they want to play 2.0 or 1.6. if they were updated there should at least one world which is 1.6 because if people want to play it they should be able to.