Top 12 Wondering about the Wonders: let the wonderment commence

DeletedUser

It was close between the Hanging Gardens of Babylis between Hugs and Fusion, level pegging for a good long while. A couple of Hours between them i would say, but as everyone is Saying its a war game, take a look at Fusions Hanging Gardens Wonder and see that we are still fighting.

DeletedUser

I don't know, have we? guys guys, has anyone completed a wonder? hugs, have you completed a wonder? no? no, ok. How about Fusion? No? Hmm, the WONDER RANKINGS must be a genius to know that...

DeletedUser

Well this is a nice way of masking a GH gloat thread (not that you ex-DJV fellas really deserve it, though) good work AJ! :)

Of course GH were going to win (Or at least get the majority built first - if there's even a difference?). Who ever really thought otherwise?

Oh, and nice of HB to crash Cov's island then hit VM to they couldn't take the islands back.. real classy.

DeletedUser

The GrepoGrinch Lair, brought a little tear to my eye, what a beautiful name. <3

DeletedUser

I still think that is lousy hate players like that who see an attack and VM it. You don't here Fusion gloating about breaking another alliance's wonder and making the alliance disband a few days later. If GH can brag about breaking another alliances chances of building winders by using VM i think it is lousy.

I do have to congratule them on breaking and stacking our hanging gardens. It was very sneaky of wan tho ;)

DeletedUser15015

Oh, and nice of HB to crash Cov's island then hit VM to they couldn't take the islands back.. real classy.

Now, now...HB's VM was pre-planned. The real person (people) to blame would be the people who decided it would be smart to start building a wonder on and island with 7 open flags. ;)

DeletedUser

Now, now...HB's VM was pre-planned.

....This is supposed to make it any better??

The real person (people) to blame would be the people who decided it would be smart to start building a wonder on and island with 7 open flags.

Yes, this is a very fair point. But still, doesn't really change what HB did (or rather, how he did it).

DeletedUser15015

....This is supposed to make it any better??

Maybe he should have cancelled his RL obligations so TC could try to get the city back...your right! :heh:

Yes, this is a very fair point. But still, doesn't really change what HB did (or rather, how he did it).

I understand your position as the situation happened to your ally but it is really simple. They made a very bad judgement call in not securing the island. Its not like WW just popped up out of the blue...we all knew it was coming. I can guarantee that if we had a WW island close enough to you or TC with open flags you would have done the same thing. Its really that simple...this is a war game that a twist was just added to. Its no different than grabbing a flag to get into better position against an enemy...this just happened to have an added bonus for us. :p

DeletedUser

I understand your position as the situation happened to your ally but it is really simple. They made a very bad judgement call in not securing the island. Its not like WW just popped up out of the blue...we all knew it was coming. I can guarantee that if we had a WW island close enough to you or TC with open flags you would have done the same thing.

Not saying I wouldn't do it, that would just be stupid. The problem I (we) have is that he went into VM after. The fact it was planned VM changes nothing. If anything it makes it even worse!

Oh, just saw your other reply was inside my quote, nice one ;)
Maybe he should have cancelled his RL obligations so TC could try to get the city back...your right!
To that, no, he shouldn't have taken the city spots in the first place. It's not like there are no other GH players in colonization range of the wonder? Pretty sure the others who defected to you from that area could have done it too.

DeletedUser15015

Not saying I wouldn't do it, that would just be stupid. The problem I (we) have is that he went into VM after. The fact it was planned VM changes nothing. If anything it makes it even worse!

Oh, just saw your other reply was inside my quote, nice one ;)

To that, no, he shouldn't have taken the city spots in the first place. It's not like there are no other GH players in colonization range of the wonder? Pretty sure the others who defected to you from that area could have done it too.

I guess we can just agree to disagree. :)

DeletedUser

I guess we can just agree to disagree. :)

Sure if you want to. Not like you've actually put forward a real argument, but yeah, let's do that.

In other news: Someone tell PE to stop building the Collosus, that thing has our name written all over it ;)

DeletedUser15015

Sure if you want to. Not like you've actually put forward a real argument, but yeah, let's do that.

Not a strong argument!? Really?

How about this...they lost any hope of getting their WW because they planned poorly. You can put any spin on it you want but the simple fact is your ally lost because they planned poorly. You guys had a couple days to clear it and take it back before HB's VM started but you failed to do so.

:pro:...we planned better, get over it and move on! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In other news: Someone tell PE to stop building the Collosus, that thing has our name written all over it ;)

Its just over when its over baby :pro:

DeletedUser

something angry..... :rolleyes:

So much for agree to disagree eh? Disappointing, 1 small jab was all it took :)

You're still avoiding the whole VM thing, but whatever. I'm putting no spin on this, I said it was a bad move starting on islands not fully owned. My one and only problem is with the VM. I don't see how you can't just admit that was a foul move. If you want to "win" by doing it that's fine, but you could at least admit that.

DeletedUser15015

So much for agree to disagree eh? Disappointing, 1 small jab was all it took :)

Nah, I was simply saying we were not going to see eye to eye on this matter. I dont mind keeping this up really...sometimes you need to smack a dog with the newspaper several times before he stops peeing on the floor! :D

You're still avoiding the whole VM thing, but whatever. I'm putting no spin on this, I said it was a bad move starting on islands not fully owned. My one and only problem is with the VM. I don't see how you can't just admit that was a foul move. If you want to "win" by doing it that's fine, but you could at least admit that.

First off, I am not sure where you come from but in a majority of the civilized world this time of year is known for holiday celebrations. Many people take VM this time of year. What I am really hearing here is the crying of sore losers because they were not able to take back a 1000pt city from someone who capitalized on their mistakes...after all, isn't that what we all do in this game? I have taken cities just before a planned VM, does that mean I made foul moves also...no.

Secondly, TBF, I really dont need to justify our actions to anyone, much less you! :cool:

DeletedUser20019

Nah, I was simply saying we were not going to see eye to eye on this matter. I dont mind keeping this up really...sometimes you need to smack a dog with the newspaper several times before he stops peeing on the floor! :D

First off, I am not sure where you come from but in a majority of the civilized world this time of year is known for holiday celebrations. Many people take VM this time of year. What I am really hearing here is the crying of sore losers because they were not able to take back a 1000pt city from someone who capitalized on their mistakes...after all, isn't that what we all do in this game? I have taken cities just before a planned VM, does that mean I made foul moves also...no.

Secondly, TBF, I really dont need to justify our actions to anyone, much less you! :cool:

Seriously...their problem is letting him take the slot on the island in the first place. Huge had to wait till the city was created before he could send ANY support... so the task was harder. They just blew it.

DeletedUser15015

Seriously...their problem is letting him take the slot on the island in the first place. Huge had to wait till the city was created before he could send ANY support... so the task was harder. They just blew it.

Great point!! It took some of us 20+ hrs to get our support there. (I personally had one 60hrs out) Had everyone in TC been on their game they could have landed a CS on him and used our support to protect it. HB was the closest GH player to those cities so it was all him for hours against and intire alliance...& yes, I said cities! We didn't just do it once...we did it 3 times!!! :D (some people just don't learn):p

It was a well planned OP and it was a 100% success!

If you feel like it was foul play maybe TC should have started taking flags themselves and not let us do it...again & then AGAIN!!! No, instead they were busy trying to take the 1st 1000pt city off the WW island leaving all the other flags open. So when you get down to it...who's fault is it? Of course, it must be ours! :rolleyes: I bet you get mad and cry foul when someone lands a CS on you when you are asleep don't you? ;)