2.0 Update Survey Results

DeletedUser

Let me address your main concern then:

The requirements for the World Wonders are the same for all worlds when they are upgraded to 2.0, this is each world must meet the 6 month existence requirement; the sum of the top 50 alliances' points being over 250 million; and should all of this not occur in the 6 months, the point requirement will reduce by 13 million each month.

then i would say "yes"
but im not fully contended, i want you guys to take out the feature cutting reduction time
this would give people who use gold a big advantage over others

DeletedUser

2nd Question

Hey you posted the results of the first question, can you post the result of the second question as well? I would like to see if the result of that is the same.

And of course you dont post the names its a secret vote :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Now you're getting it.

IMO, there is no way you are going to change inno's mind. Unless told otherwise, I would start adjusting your strategy so you are ready once the switch is made.

Agreed, I advise everyone to change their strategy...
1) e-mail Innogames directly and complain
2) Stop buying gold and combine that with !), above.
3) Do what I have done and delete your account.

The mods are right, the owners of the game don't read these forums. If you feel so strongly about the upgrade as I do (and actually I'm sure most of you don't) then the answer is simple - quit and tell 'em why you're quitting.

DeletedUser17633

I do of course realise the forum goers are only a small percentage of them population of this game but as I have stated in a previous post that also means that a large percentage of gamers know nothing of this upgrade other than the information they received in the mail. As I work in sales and marketing I know from reading that mail that it was a marketing tool written in favour of the upgrade.

That is a big problem for me as well. I have played 2.0 worlds, and my experience of those is nothing like the email I received.

For instance, the new farming method was portrayed as a massive improvement, but the fact is that that is very debatable, and many who have tried it would disagree. So, did the email tell us that the new farming may be 'easier', but demands much more time from the player to get the full benefit? Don't think it did.

Did the email tell us that the new graphics won't work on phones/tablets? Pretty sure it didn't.

Essentially, for many people, the poll was 'Here's something new. We promise it's great and perfect, so trust us and vote for it. If you vote against it, you're obviously stupid or mistaken, so we'll ask you to vote again in a condescending and misleading way. Oh, and if you want to vote again, it's easy to do so, because we're not checking who's voting'.

DeletedUser

If you want your complaints to actually get anywhere send a properly structured and decent email to info@innogames.de.
I did that a few weeks ago and got a pretty decent response. :)
If we all do it then they'll have to respond.
T

DeletedUser

In IOTA we have an ongoing poll in our alliance and our allies that so far is going more in favor of the NO vote on the upgrade than the yes vote.

I for one don't like the new interface. The new windows popping up inside the interface are a major pain to deal with. Constantly looking at the map view rather than the view of your cities is part of the reason the system is lagging. The map view in any world uses much more processing room on anyone's computer and if your computer isn't a state of the art gaming computer, it will freeze your computer and cause more problems than it is worth. My computer was specifically built for gaming and while it may not be state of the art, it has handled far more demanding online games loads better than the new 2.0 interface without so much as a minor glitch. However, when I played the 2.0 worlds, the new interface caused my computer to freeze every 5 minutes and it wasn't a fault of my computer since the first few times it happened caused me to run a diagnostic on my computer to see if any of the parts or programming was malfunctioning to cause the problem. I even had some friends who are more proficent in programming computers take a look and we all came to the same comclusion, it wasn't my computer that was causing the problem. The new farming system is boring. True it is more effcent, but where is the fun in effcent? These are just a few of the things I don't particularly like about the 2.0 worlds

What I'd really like to know is if at the very least Innogames will take into account what the communities in each of the 1.x worlds wants upgraded. For example, if the majority of the players in IOTA didn't want the new 2.0 interface, would Innogames respect that? Or would they just force us to deal with the complete upgrade? I also think that it might prove to be more beneficial to Innogames to do the upgrade in steps, like a few features a month for example. Like the first month, they might add the new premium features and Hades upgrades to the 1.x worlds and the next month they might add another set of upgrades. Yes it would take more time, and I'm sure the programmers would have difficulty with the differences in the lines of code, but wouldn't the extra effort to make the transition go smoother for those in the community who are resistant to the idea end up being a much better pay off in a multitude of ways?

Unfortunately, the Innogames employees higher up in the food chain than the mods, tend to be rather arrogant and ignorant to what will be better for the community as a whole. I really don't like saying that about anyone, let alone some of my own countrymen. But the truth is the truth, no matter how much it may offend someone, it is what it is and there isn't anything anyone can do about it but point it out and hope that someone will learn and improve.

DeletedUser

I just tried out corinth. the system still lags :( Time is critical in attacks. What's the point in the upgrade to 2.0? With that kind of time lag, might as well hand over the cities on a silver platter.

FotNS, I work in software development and I can tell you it doesn't matter who the customer is, they always hate the new software and cling to the old. Then the new software becomes the old and they cling to that instead. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Interesting. It's common knowledge that the people in software development are not paid enough, worked like donkeys, no rest, brain activity 24x7 kills brain cells exponentially, 10 people doing the work of a 1000 = version 2.0.

Instead of pushing the developers to work like asses to upgrade downgrade to 2.0 before Christmas, the bosses might want to give the developers there, some rest, so they can come back in the new year and then think through this decision.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
World wonders are the worst feature 0f 2.0... especially if its implicated on old worlds, alliances could already have many islands held ready to build them which means they could win the world instantly making it more unfair.

WW are for Simmers, not fighters.

DeletedUser17043

If you want your complaints to actually get anywhere send a properly structured and decent email to info@innogames.de.
I did that a few weeks ago and got a pretty decent response. :)
If we all do it then they'll have to respond.
T

It makes me feel better knowing there is at least one who responded in the proper way here...Instead of these constant posts about how this is a terrible mistake.
Do what thomas did,don't moan here about your problems....

DeletedUser

It makes me feel better knowing there is at least one who responded in the proper way here...Instead of these constant posts about how this is a terrible mistake.
Do what thomas did,don't moan here about your problems....

Surely this thread is for opinions and problems?

DeletedUser17043

Is moaning about people moaning not more obnoxious and annoying?

Matter of opinion....Guess I phrased my previous post wrong...

Surely this thread is for opinions and problems?

I don't see why the same problems need to be addressed here if its not going to be listened to...this isn't a place to discuss what you think is better or whether or not there are faults in the voting system....they asked you to comment on the result,not your opinion on 2.0 or whatever.

DeletedUser

World Omicron has launched a NO TO 2.0 email campaign, if the mods can't help us we'll take the fight to the boys in the suits who have been enjoying steak dinners on the money we spend on gold. All the members of each the top alliances who are against this upgrade will be sending emails to inno until they meet our demands or change their email address.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

InnoGames...no idea where you got those results from but everyone I've seen does not want to be forced to play 2.0. Right now we have the choice of which version to play, so why take that choice away and alienate so many members?!

WE DO NOT WANT 2.0!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You know what the idea was. People don't want 2.0 because the people who are already the top alliances will already have their own Hero World... pacts will be turned on pacts. Every player will be competing to try to stay in a hero world... 1.0 is the original grepolis, 2.0 is the new version, alot of RTSs decided to upgrade and alot of people left because simply the game wasn't the same. Strikes and protests will rise since there is no more 1.0 worlds soon.

DeletedUser

You know what the idea was. People don't want 2.0 because the people who are already the top alliances will already have their own Hero World... pacts will be turned on pacts. Every player will be competing to try to stay in a hero world... 1.0 is the original grepolis, 2.0 is the new version, alot of RTSs decided to upgrade and alot of people left because simply the game wasn't the same. Strikes and protests will rise since there is no more 1.0 worlds soon.

I have to agree with this
I tried the 2.0 and in my oppinion it is a totally different game
it is as if you go to America and ask the football players if they want there game being updated or not
in the end they will all end up playing soccer
maybe this is a bad example but I hope you guys get the message out of it

I like the original grepolis, that's why I started
and that's why I want to keep my game!

DeletedUser5

That is a big problem for me as well. I have played 2.0 worlds, and my experience of those is nothing like the email I received.

For instance, the new farming method was portrayed as a massive improvement, but the fact is that that is very debatable, and many who have tried it would disagree. So, did the email tell us that the new farming may be 'easier', but demands much more time from the player to get the full benefit? Don't think it did.
Work has been done in recent months to make it less time consuming, with the new overview. Also, I know that many players do not bother farming when they get to a certain size anyway, since they can just ship resources between their cities. For these people, does it really matter if the farming system has changed?
Did the email tell us that the new graphics won't work on phones/tablets? Pretty sure it didn't.
Right from the start, it has been made clear that Grepolis may work on mobile devices, yet this is not guaranteed, there has been no work done to ensure that it works on mobile devices, since we just don't claim to support mobile devices. The fact that you are now unable to play on certain mobile devices is not a problem, since InnoGames have never guaranteed that you would be able to do so.