Peacetime Screw-up

DeletedUser

people/customers will walk away, I know that when my premium runs out, I will send a ticket asking if I pay more money, will I get the full service, and if they say no, bug still not fixed, I will take my money else where

With all do respect Inno do have alot on their hands and these bugs will be being experienced on every other community not just the .net, and as has been said these bugs aren't just a quick fix there will be hundreds of line of code they need to check. The bugs will and are being fixed however, I hope you can appreciate Inno aren't going to give back gold to a few people who are complaining over something which is costing them money to fix.

If they did give back money to a few people more would complain about it and they may eventually shut down due to lack of money to fix these things. Please be patient as the people working on this are real people too and they do deserve a break now and again to spend time with their family's, and I'll think you'll agree they deserve it after all their hard work.

DeletedUser

With all do respect Inno do have alot on their hands and these bugs will be being experienced on every other community not just the .net, and as has been said these bugs aren't just a quick fix there will be hundreds of line of code they need to check. The bugs will and are being fixed however, I hope you can appreciate Inno aren't going to give back gold to a few people who are complaining over something which is costing them money to fix.

If they did give back money to a few people more would complain about it and they may eventually shut down due to lack of money to fix these things. Please be patient as the people working on this are real people too and they do deserve a break now and again to spend time with their family's, and I'll think you'll agree they deserve it after all their hard work.

see my problem with that is..

#1 yes it takes time, but its 2 weeks now, and we all know that this will not be fixed until the new year, at least 2 more weeks of faulty premium, so a little "gold re credited to peoples acc is not the same as real money so costs them nothing, and keeps paying customers happy
after all as you pointed out, no money no game no staff no fixes

#2 my trading times were ok, until Inno games last upgrade, so yeah, they have to pay more people to fix a problem that did not exist before

#3 of course staff need/deserve time off..hence my "we all know it will e the new year" comment

DeletedUser4013

I think saturn22 point is this..he used alot of gold to be in a position to take a city of a player, this was based on "inaccurate" or in the least confusing information supplied by Grepolis/Inno games, as already admitted to by the mods, I do not think he wants real money back, but his gold, and we all know Inno games can credit you with gold, in hero world beta, each account has 500 gold, you can be credited with gold by inviting players and they reach 1k points.

So if Saturn22 had spent all of that gold to speed up the building of all of this at any other time, and right as he was about to send it off, an update goes through causing his CS to land after the revolt time is up, does that mean then that Inno is responsible and should refund the amount of gold spent? The update was announced, it was clear that there would be downtime that day.

Whose fault is it then? Does the blame lay with Inno because the scheduled maintenance took place then? Or does it lay with the player because they failed to take into account the fact that maintenance would likely be taking place at some point during that day? It's a risk. For all Saturn22 knows, the player he was attacking could have done the same thing and sped up troop recruitment in his own city. The attack could still have failed regardless. As someone has already stated, if Saturn22 is a good enough player, he will be able to take that city after the peace ends between the holidays.

DeletedUser

see my problem with that is..

#1 yes it takes time, but its 2 weeks now, and we all know that this will not be fixed until the new year, at least 2 more weeks of faulty premium, so a little "gold re credited to peoples acc is not the same as real money so costs them nothing, and keeps paying customers happy
after all as you pointed out, no money no game no staff no fixes

Well like I said with an update and all sorts of things like this going on it will take some time however, I'm sure that they are working on it. If you know anything about coding then you'll understand the time it takes. There may be a chance that you get some gold back but I have no idea but I can ask.

DeletedUser

If they did give back money to a few people more would complain about it and they may eventually shut down due to lack of money to fix these things.

That's laughable... "Please stop complaining, this poor little company can't afford to have any kind of decent public relations!"

Merry Christmas Saturn! ;)

DeletedUser17088

Either way :D

You shouldn't get angry at a game, that's when it stops being a game :) there are huge amounts of faults with grepolis at the moment and a lot of them make my head shake in disappointment that this game has become so.....flawed, I refuse however to let it win and anger me :), that's silly

DeletedUser

You shouldn't get angry at a game, that's when it stops being a game :) there are huge amounts of faults with grepolis at the moment and a lot of them make my head shake in disappointment that this game has become so.....flawed, I refuse however to let it win and anger me :), that's silly

tried to "+rep" you, seems I did so recently

DeletedUser6156

You don't deserve a refund for the simple reason of you got what you paid for. You bought gold to reduce the time of construction of your troops and the gold did that.
How you then use those troops has nothing to do with innogames, if you hadn't used gold you'd have still have had this issue.
Its blatantly obvious that the announcement wasn't worded well enough but unfortunately there's nothing that can change that, moaning will get you nowhere.

DeletedUser

It is not that the game makes people angry... but this is a war game, basically... and of course, people who like to play war games are not quite peaceful at heart :p

DeletedUser

I think saturn22 point is this..he used alot of gold to be in a position to take a city of a player, this was based on "inaccurate" or in the least confusing information supplied by Grepolis/Inno games, as already admitted to by the mods, I do not think he wants real money back, but his gold, and we all know Inno games can credit you with gold, in hero world beta, each account has 500 gold, you can be credited with gold by inviting players and they reach 1k points..

As someone has already stated in a previous post, the troops/navy, and construction times that were cut in half with his gold was something he had full control over and how these troops/buildings that he reduced the times on where used. Anything that he used gold on for his conquest/revolt it should have turned around therefore not losing anything. He can just as easily send another CS after the peacetime. Hopefully his alliance will be willing to help on this. I'm sorry that this happened, but it's something a lot of us have to deal with while playing online games/games in general. Our In-Game/Forum Staff, and the InnoGames Staff can't please everyone.

T- Rex said:
at some point Inno games have to start accepting the fact that people pay to play, and that their mistakes are accountable

Every user has the option to either pay or not to pay. If you have already spent your cash on the gold and feel it was a mistake don't spend again until the fixes are implemented.

T- Rex said:
I for instance use premium, yet my captain trading times were not halved but increased in the last upgrade, 2 weeks of this bug/mess up, yet they still say no gold refunds,

Maybe they'll credit the players with some gold after the fixes are implemented to apologize for the mess ups/lag/server errors.
The Mod Staff can only relay the bugs to the devs which then have control of the issue. This isn't a good time of the year for mess-ups to happen as everyone wants to spend time with their family/friends. Hopefully it'll all get fixed soon.

T- Rex said:
in any other business such a lack of customer care would not be tolerated, yet here we are told to put up with it..

You'd be surprised. All we can do is stick around and hope for the best. If the outcome isn't what you wanted then I guess you're left to make your decision.

T- Rex said:
people/customers will walk away, I know that when my premium runs out, I will send a ticket asking if I pay more money, will I get the full service, and if they say no, bug still not fixed, I will take my money else where

That is a decision every player is left to make on their own. I've seen so many of these kinds of responses yet the players still stick around.

Well, All I know to say is hope for the best and try to hang around as much as you can. I hope the errors you'll are facing will soon be fixed so we can go back to regular game play.

~ Lane

DeletedUser

I would love to get an real serious explanation why both my cs failed because "visiting".
One landed 23rd at 23:45 and the other 24th at 02:30, both sent with respect to the published document and both landed with respect to the published document.
Now, i don't think that the explanation is mandatory. Simply because it's common sense the post is bollocks and an official answer should be made to explain the players why they lost tons of troops, ships, time and planing because of a poorly posted statement.

DeletedUser

Ok, now, with all due respect for inno's work. I'm a programmer. I work in game industry for almost 10 years. That's probably longer than many of inno's programmer. I worked on tons of titles. So i know what the project steps are. So, i was surprised to find out that we are used as beta testers, and on our money.
Let me explain why i say beta testing on our money. When this 2.0 version was launched, it was called "upgrade". Not "downgrade" or "testing". So, it was expected to actually be an upgrade. But it's full of bugs. And the bugs that are present require weeks to be addressed while our premium is being active. Yes, our money countdown goes on, consuming at least 3-6 eurocents(depending on the amount you buy) per day for each activated acount. For the 2 weeks that are mentioned, there are 41-83 cents for each player on each activated premium. Since you mention that happens on all worlds, you do the math about how much money that means for all the affected players. For me as 1 player, it means 2.67 euros of development and bug fixing on my time and money.
Actually is funny, in the company i work for, the testers are actually payed for the work they are doing, not the other way around. In this game, i see testers paying the company to receive more buggy features. Funny.

About the bugfixes. IF the game has a lot of bugs, and this one has, the common sense rule is to release a new version faster with partial fixes in order to allow the beta testers (us i mean) find if the fixes work and if there are side effects of those fixes. But, for the last 2 weeks i noticed no improvement. Probably the programmers are already in holiday. Hey, they're humans, and nobody claims they work nonstop. Still, they found time to activate that holiday restriction and post wrong information about it? Strange. And on top of that, i see no appologieses for that mistake. In a community of some upset players, to which you already did wrong with release of a buggy version, you come and put more pressure by adding a restriction poorly implemented and explained?
Therefore, as in my previous post, i still ask for an official explanation about the mess this break has made, not by the fact it gives more time for family, but by the fact it is misleading and incomplete.

And my last point about this, since you mentioned "...Inno aren't going to give back gold to a few people who are complaining over something...". Since the game is inno's property, not our, it's normal that inno is responsible for it. And since inno gets the money, they should be the ones to return some, if the case. If the case, for example, during these 3 and half day of break, my Commander premium ("...The land units fight 20% stronger.") would render no advantage, but consume the 4.76 cents daily. Or for example, the Captain premium ("your naval units to fight 20% stronger... makes it possible for you to use the attack planner") would be crippled eating another 4.76 cents daily. Or when my High Priestess premium costing another 4.76 cents daily were unable to do her job "Your mythical units fight 20% stronger".
In the above examples, i lose 50 cents during the forced break, and innogames could find it nice to actually refund the money they are forcing me to lose without the sold benefit. Since you can say "you decided to pay": i didn't decided to pay for holiday break season without any refund. i decided to pay for the specified benefits without any restriction on the bottom of the page, on the back of the page, or anywhere else. so i expect a nice appology and refund for that.
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6635

Jeez Louise one again people whine and moan about the xmas peace and the mistakes made demanding refunds howling to the moon at everybody and anybody about how they stayed up late to send attacks or farm for resources and how they a paying customer etc etc.
Well guess what YOU decided to pay for the extra features on what is a FREE game to gain an extra advantage on those who dont pay nobody forces you to buy gold so why should they refund you anything.
You stayed up all night for a conquest? Hmmm quick question were you being held at gunpoint at this time being told you would be killed if you didnt do so? I guess not it was your choice to do so, you didnt have to do it so why should you get any sympathy for doing so,
The only people on here that deserve any sympathy are
a) The guys who are on the world were one of the premium features doesnt work (perhaps inno could offer free captain to that world for the amount of time that it was not working when they get it fixed?)
b) the Mods who are having to put up with people whineing and moaning at them all the time

Around the world right this minute there are women being forced into sex slavery, children dying of hunger, whole nations struggling to survive due to corrupt goverments being in charge of them and countless other examples of pain and suffering being inflicted on a daily basis.

If the only thing going wrong in your life is a poorly worded translation on a online game which causes you to lose a few days or weeks progress on it count yourself lucky, stop acting like a spoiled brat and just get on it with it.

ps
merry christmas to all those that observe the holiday on here

DeletedUser

Jeez Louise one again people whine and moan about the xmas peace and the mistakes made demanding refunds howling to the moon at everybody and anybody about how they stayed up late to send attacks or farm for resources and how they a paying customer etc etc.
Well guess what YOU decided to pay for the extra features on what is a FREE game to gain an extra advantage on those who dont pay nobody forces you to buy gold so why should they refund you anything.
You stayed up all night for a conquest? Hmmm quick question were you being held at gunpoint at this time being told you would be killed if you didnt do so? I guess not it was your choice to do so, you didnt have to do it so why should you get any sympathy for doing so,
a) The guys who are on the world were one of the premium features doesnt work (perhaps inno could offer free captain to that world for the amount of time that it was not working when they get it fixed?)
b) the Mods who are having to put up with people whineing and moaning at them all the time

Around the world right this minute there are women being forced into sex slavery, children dying of hunger, whole nations struggling to survive due to corrupt goverments being in charge of them and countless other examples of pain and suffering being inflicted on a daily basis.

If the only thing going wrong in your life is a poorly worded translation on a online game which causes you to lose a few days or weeks progress on it count yourself lucky, stop acting like a spoiled brat and just get on it with it.

ps

Wow ! Well said !
+rep

DeletedUser

I agree! People around the world are so much more screwed than Innogames could ever screw anybody! So people should appreciate that Innogames doesn't force their women into sex slavery, subject their children to hunger, and make their nations struggle to survive by implementing corrupt governments! Selfish people thinking they're getting swindled! It's not really swindling because people get swindled so much harder in Sub Saharan Africa and what not! Seriously guys, don't you know what King Leopold did to the Congolese, and you think you have the right to feel swindled? You must, at the very least, get brutally raped or have your family slaughtered to feel swindled. Hmmph.

+Rep to you my friend.

Well I just bought 14,400 gold for 66$ by lying and saying that I was German so I guess I got my money back plus extra in a way.

Merry Xmas Inno.

Tip-of-the-hat1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

ps

Sorry, but i fail to understand your logic. Let me get it straight:
- it is ok to get mislead with official posts, because, well, it's Christmas
- it is ok to lose money for nothing, because, well, in the world there is bigger evil
- if we're getting mislead to lose time and money, ok, fine, we should be happy we're not "being forced into sex slavery", "dying of hunger" or "struggling to survive".
- it is ok you to call me "spoiled brat" because it's ok on the above things, so a little of rule breaching like "Treat each other with respect and remain polite." and "Personal insults are not allowed" is not that much.
- if it's night for you, then it must be night for everyone "You stayed up all night for a conquest?"
Now that i see them all ligned up, i must say, i fail to see any of your logic. Since you feel so upset people post against your way to look at things, immagine for a second those people are entitled to be upset about you posting against their way to look at things.

Back to the holiday. Merry Christmas to you too.