Peacetime Screw-up

DeletedUser

Okay just to avoid a repeat incident I'm going to ask this now ahead of time. If I send an attack before peacetime ends, but it lands after peacetime ends, will it work?

I checked..no cs can land 24h before new years eve peace time starts at 12;00 dec 31

DeletedUser

I checked..no cs can land 24h before new years eve peace time starts at 12;00 dec 31

That isn't what he was asking :p

Yes you can launch attacks but it has to land after peacetime ends so like 23:00:01.

DeletedUser

The people who design this game, need to 'PLAY IT MORE ' themselfs. The holiday peace was unclear in its design and explanation. Any attacks that were sent too late to arrive before the proper time to arrive, never should have been able to be sent in the 1st place.

DeletedUser

Who wrote this??? Are you sure about this info?
'Yes you can launch attacks but it has to land after peacetime ends so like 23:00:01.'

DeletedUser

Okay just to avoid a repeat incident I'm going to ask this now ahead of time. If I send an attack before peacetime ends, but it lands after peacetime ends, will it work?

Any way we can get a "yes", "no" or "I have fraking idea" on this from someone official?

DeletedUser

yes, you can send attacks as long as they land after 23;00, but i recommend 23;01, to be safe

DeletedUser

Well mine land at 23:05 so I guess we'll find out in an hour...

DeletedUser15953

It took a lot reading through those 8 pages, but I did it. yay!!

:D

Anyway, the item about buying the same Gold for different costs of Euros in different countries, yes, sounds wrong, and needs to be sorted by the supplier, not the end customer. If the response is to tell us that we should try setting ourselves as being from different countries, then this statement should be made readily available to everyone, so that everyone gets a chance to reduce their spending amount. If we are all told, then it is up to us if we 'opt' to pay more for the same gold than someone else; if we are NOT told, then it is withholding information which could save your members money.

So that is my take on the Gold issue :)

NOW, regarding the peacetime break, would it be feasible, in order to stop these complaints/arguments, for innogames to allocate extra days to their premium customers for the days that they cannot use the benefits provided by their Premium features like Captain? So if we have 2 days in which we cannot attack anyone, then give us 2 days extra on the Captain feature, etc.

Is this feasible? It is not calling for a refund, but rather calling for an 'extension' to a feature.

The reason I looked up this posting, was because I was also concerned about paying for this feature, but not being able to use it. In the postings above, someone said (I forget who) something about it being our responsibility to read the forums to check about xmas breaks etc. Well, I started this game after last xmas, so I would not know that this kind of thing happened, and in addition to this, I have enough problems finding the time to log on and play the game, without being required to add time to log into the forum to check regularly in case there is another break planned for another time, someone might decide to have an Easter break after all! :)

I have had 2 messages from ?Grepolis/Innogames? as far as I can recall, so they could have sent me a message about the Peacetime so that I could have decided if I wanted to extend that feature or not over this period. Anyway, it is a suggestion, and would appease a lot of the folks qho are voicing their annoyance above ..... as well as pleasing me :D

Merry Xmas - o ya, a couple of guys said something about not complaining as it is xmas , so what about "give the players a coupla extra premium days as it is xmas" ?????

:D

:( I got ignored :(

And there I was thinking that it was a perfectly reasonable request/suggestion .....

DeletedUser

I could post a perfectly reasonable request/suggestion to achieve world peace here, doesn't mean anyone with influence will read it :p

There is an Idea Section for suggestions, remember to use the format though.

DeletedUser17088

I wish i could enable your reading and timing skills, IT WOULD STOP YOUR MOANING

DeletedUser31852

Guys, Tought luck for your gold... puting it into a game is wasting it anyway, I just wanted to thank Grepolis for this! I really find it a great idea, it allows players to stop worrying and enjoy christmas and new year in RL!!
Thanks a Million to the grepolis team!

DeletedUser31161

i was gonna kinda make something like this also. I feel that the peacetime is kinda a screw. In athens right now 062 there are at least 20 13k cities out there all owned by the same guy who has gone inactive. soon hes cities will go bye bye (i have calculated it out) we are all racing to take these cities. Though there is probably nothing grep can do now i suggest that next time we change peacetime a little so you can still attack and conquer ghosts

DeletedUser

i was gonna kinda make something like this also. I feel that the peacetime is kinda a screw. In athens right now 062 there are at least 20 13k cities out there all owned by the same guy who has gone inactive. soon hes cities will go bye bye (i have calculated it out) we are all racing to take these cities. Though there is probably nothing grep can do now i suggest that next time we change peacetime a little so you can still attack and conquer ghosts

Massive troll face on the inactive guys' face right now.

DeletedUser23986

I never got having peacetime in a international server. Not the whole world is christian.....

DeletedUser

I never got having peacetime in a international server. Not the whole world is christian.....

But clearly a large majority of the player base is or the grepo team would not implement such a procedure. The New Years peace time is not based on a religious event - these times of peace are based around the fact not many people will be playing and after a few days they don't want to come back to have most of their cities taken while they were spending time with family and friends.

You may argue that this doesn't matter and is the point of the game but if peace time wasn't implements many players would go into vacation mode well before Christmas until after new year which would be detrimental to you as well because you would not be able to attack them even when it wasn't during a very large real world even like new years or Christmas. In my view, it is a good idea and has always served the community (not just the celebrators of Christmas) well in the past.

DeletedUser

Not the whole world are dolphins... <-- that's as relevant as your statement. You're making the assumption that this holiday break is exclusively for christmas and also that only christians celebrate christmas.

Both couldn't be more incorrect ;)