Top 12 Alliance Discussion

DeletedUser

Ok since no one has updated this in forever figured I would give it a stab see how it goes.

1.Permanent Ban - clear cut number one still running the world, best average per member and highest abp as well still. Seem to be getting a little competition from TVG now though.

2.TVG- If PB is clear cut number one they are the clear cut number 2, at this point it is more or less a two alliance battle between them and PB. As stated above they seem to be holding their own pretty well against PB.

3.The Association- A good alliance, good average have been around since pretty much the beggining. Good member base and have some real good players.

4.Response Error- Pretty good alliance recently lost their top member tiesto though.

5.Oceanus Imperium-Biggest MRA on the server with over 200 members spread out across all the oceans, poor average and horrible abp per member.

6.Argonauts- Dont know a whole lot about these guys. Appear like an mra at first glance but have decent abp and average points still far better than Oceanus.

7.XXXIII- Seem like a pretty good alliance, impressive average points and pretty good abp as well.

8.The Unknown- Seem like a bit of an mra to me decent abp I guess.

9.Beastly- Staying true to their name they seem kinda beastly, looks like a good alliance.

10.Bone collectors-MRA, they may just give oceanus imperium a run biggest mra on the server need to improve their member count for that though.

11.Origin-Believe they used to be MRA which ironically is still what they are, should change their name back.

12.Rise of the Titans-I know their 13 but they are far better alliance than whoever is 12 so figured I would slide them in here. Awsome name pretty good average and abp, some pretty good players in the alliance.

Now feel free to rip me to shreds :))

Wow.ORIGIN is an MRA!!!

Ok. So you're saying every mra has barely 100 members (currently 107). Conquers 35-40 cities a week, gains an average of 320k points a week, and controls 2 oceans.

If that makes an MRA then we're happy to be one.

DeletedUser

=mocris;568042]Wow.ORIGIN is an MRA!!!
Yes you guys are, your ABP is absolutely pathetic considering the alliance has been here since the server started.
Ok. So you're saying every mra has barely 100 members (currently 107). Conquers 35-40 cities a week, gains an average of 320k points a week, and controls 2 oceans.
Went and did a little research you guys conquer no where near 35-40 cities a week or gain anywhere near that many points a week either. Also most of the cities that you conquer are extremely small and don't even belong to an alliance. One of your players conquered a 200 point city the other day. Anyway glad you are happy that you are in an MRA because thats what their name started as on this server and thats what they always will be.

DeletedUser

Yes you guys are, your ABP is absolutely pathetic considering the alliance has been here since the server started.

Went and did a little research you guys conquer no where near 35-40 cities a week or gain anywhere near that many points a week either. Also most of the cities that you conquer are extremely small and don't even belong to an alliance. One of your players conquered a 200 point city the other day. Anyway glad you are happy that you are in an MRA because thats what their name started as on this server and thats what they always will be.

Ah, I see you're one of those people who make assumptions with no idea what you're reading. For instance checking to see that the 200 point city you mention was the last city needed to finish one of our fortress islands.

And I'm perfectly capable of counting. Apparently you're not. We do conquer that many cities a week, we do grow that fast. If you doubt I'm openly inviting you to come our way and find out. Education will be happily provided.

DeletedUser

Mocris - I just counted it up. According to Grepointel, for the week of 4/7 -4/14 (which actually still has 20 hrs left in it), I count 33 conquers and 6 losses for a net of 27 gained cities. An impressive number, but maybe 35-40 was a slight exaggeration. Not saying anything about the quality of the takeovers; just that if you are going to throw out a number that can be checked, expect people to call you on it if you aren't exact. Everyone like to throw mud when they can.

Edit - realized my 'week' actually had 8 days included, if you take off 4/14 you remove 4 gains and 3 losses so the count would be 29 gains and 3 losses for a net gain of 26 cities. Still good, just not 35-40.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am really just updating the list, will give the best assesment as possible.

New Top 12

1. The Varangian Guard
Do you know who these guys are? I have never heard of them.

2. Permanent Ban
Here to ban you, permanently.

3. The Association
Very Associated bunch

4. Response Error
Pesky messages that pop up on your screen ocasionally. Very annoying.

5. Argonauts

6. LoA Reborn
LoA came back! but now they took in the best OI members to join them.

7. XXXIII

8. ORIGIN
MRA? or not MRA?

9. The Unknown
Unknown

10. High Seas Empire
OI offspring

11. Rise of the Titans
The titans are rising!

12. BeastLY
bunch of beasts, have been around rank 12 for a long time

DeletedUser

Thank you Corbin.
Mocris, not saying you guys dont have some good players. As you yourself look like a good player but you most of your alliance is pretty much garbage. And I don't think your alliance would want to be anywhere near me or my alliance. Would not be fun times for you guys.

DeletedUser

and as far as the 200 point city what is the excuse for all of the pathetic 1k-2k point cities you guys have been taking??

DeletedUser

Thank you Socrates, especially this early in the game. If Origin wasn't an MRA my alliance which has been around half the time and has half the members wouldn't have almost the same amount of ABP.

DeletedUser

Until a few months before WW's stacking a island with your own cities just has a negative affect, it gives you no farms or action on that island.

DeletedUser

Alright gonna try to do a weekly ranking of the top 12 to try and inject a little energy into this thread and forum

1.TVG - First time someone else has held the number one spot for a long spot. Are they truely number one though? Lower average and lower abp than PB. PB seems to be getting the better of them lately by the looks of grepostats.

2.PB - Dropped to number 2 for the first times in ages, but as their leader said how much do points matter. They still have the best abp and average points per member on the server. Were faltering there for awhile it seemed but since they have more or less cut the fat they are doing very well and seeming to take control again.

3.TA - Been holding down the number 3 spot for awhile although R.E. is breathing down their neck right now.

4.RE - Good alliance, recently bolstered their ranks with the best members from Beastly, will this help them to rise up the rankings? Only time will tell.

5.Argonauts - Solid alliance good average, pretty good abp don't seem like anything great but a solid alliance.

6.LOA Reborn - Alot of members here from the former Legion of Achilles that joined TVG for awhile and apparently did not like it there so decided to reform Legion of Achilles. Anyway really good average seem like a good small average.

7.Origin - Still claiming they aren't an MRA but that low player average and crappy quality of cities they take says otherwise..

8.The Unknown - Don't really know much about them seem like a decent alliance though, abp could use some work though, get a little more aggressive guys this isn't simcity.

9.33 - Had alot of their members break off and form the Un blue berets, they are at war with the blue berets right now city conquest count is 13-16 with the advantage going to the blue berets for the moment so seems like a closely contested war.

10.Rise of the Titans - Good alliance average etc. Not really sure if they are currently fighting any wars at the moment, have been around since the early days of the server.

11. U.N. Blue Berets - must of been tired of the leadership in 33 and broke off, have been doing pretty well out on their own as shown above.

12. Babylon - Small alliance with an impressive average, have been taking cities off some pretty good alliances such as response error and 33. Seems like they may be here to stay, could be rising up soon.

Anyway any criticism or comments/+rep are welcome

DeletedUser

I have been corrected apparently Babylon did not take the cities off RE by force, they were given to them.

DeletedUser

I have been corrected apparently Babylon did not take the cities off RE by force, they were given to them.

Well for what its worth, we forced that particular player out of our alliance and basically caused him to relinquish control of his holdings in our oceans. So when it comes down to it, the cities may have been given to us, but that is because we gave him the pink slip.... And by pink slip, i dont mean negligee, he wouldn't like that kind-of language......

DeletedUser

Fair enough mate I'll have to take you at your word as I'm not familiar with the situation. You guys seem like a good little group though.

DeletedUser

Babylon

Fair enough mate I'll have to take you at your word as I'm not familiar with the situation. You guys seem like a good little group though.

To give you a history lesson about us, we came from Oz and are following the Yellow Brick Road...I am just a noob, here on the forums and in game, so be "easy" with me!!! The guys and gals of Babylon are teaching me well, I hope...

DeletedUser

haha well hopefully the Wizard of Oz is a bit nicer in the Grepo world than the movie and gives you guys some decent gifts..

DeletedUser

Alright gonna try to do a weekly ranking of the top 12 to try and inject a little energy into this thread and forum

1.TVG - First time someone else has held the number one spot for a long spot. Are they truely number one though? Lower average and lower abp than PB. PB seems to be getting the better of them lately by the looks of grepostats.

2.PB - Dropped to number 2 for the first times in ages, but as their leader said how much do points matter. They still have the best abp and average points per member on the server. Were faltering there for awhile it seemed but since they have more or less cut the fat they are doing very well and seeming to take control again.

3.TA - Been holding down the number 3 spot for awhile although R.E. is breathing down their neck right now.

4.RE - Good alliance, recently bolstered their ranks with the best members from Beastly, will this help them to rise up the rankings? Only time will tell.

5.Argonauts - Solid alliance good average, pretty good abp don't seem like anything great but a solid alliance.

6.LOA Reborn - Alot of members here from the former Legion of Achilles that joined TVG for awhile and apparently did not like it there so decided to reform Legion of Achilles. Anyway really good average seem like a good small average.

7.Origin - Still claiming they aren't an MRA but that low player average and crappy quality of cities they take says otherwise..

8.The Unknown - Don't really know much about them seem like a decent alliance though, abp could use some work though, get a little more aggressive guys this isn't simcity.

9.33 - Had alot of their members break off and form the Un blue berets, they are at war with the blue berets right now city conquest count is 13-16 with the advantage going to the blue berets for the moment so seems like a closely contested war.

10.Rise of the Titans - Good alliance average etc. Not really sure if they are currently fighting any wars at the moment, have been around since the early days of the server.

11. U.N. Blue Berets - must of been tired of the leadership in 33 and broke off, have been doing pretty well out on their own as shown above.

12. Babylon - Small alliance with an impressive average, have been taking cities off some pretty good alliances such as response error and 33. Seems like they may be here to stay, could be rising up soon.

Anyway any criticism or comments/+rep are welcome

Fair assessment mate.

However I think TVG are no'1 because they dont have as many enemies as PB. As far as im aware TVG dont make pacts but they also dont make too many enemies either, so their growth as an alliance will out live that of PB = who the whole of Corinth see as an enemy target. So unlike PB, TVG don't/wont lose too many cities to other alliances.

I see PB dropping as they cannot and will not succeed in taking on the whole of Corinth.

There is saying "dont take on more than you can chew" and in PB's case I think they have done/doing just that.

I had alliance members in 24 and 34 that had only one city on less than 5k points that were taken out by PB. Yet I have members in TVG oceans that have left us alone, so as far as im concerned if TVG ever need any back up with their fight v PB they have our members ready and willing to offer help. = TVG will never die, they have friends in the right places if they need them. PB are flying solo and if any of their members come near us, they will be nice juicy targets..:)

DeletedUser

However I think TVG are no'1 because they dont have as many enemies as PB. As far as im aware TVG dont make pacts but they also dont make too many enemies either, so their growth as an alliance will out live that of PB = who the whole of Corinth see as an enemy target. So unlike PB, TVG don't/wont lose too many cities to other alliances.

I see PB dropping as they cannot and will not succeed in taking on the whole of Corinth.

There is saying "dont take on more than you can chew" and in PB's case I think they have done/doing just that.

I had alliance members in 24 and 34 that had only one city on less than 5k points that were taken out by PB. Yet I have members in TVG oceans that have left us alone, so as far as im concerned if TVG ever need any back up with their fight v PB they have our members ready and willing to offer help. = TVG will never die, they have friends in the right places if they need them. PB are flying solo and if any of their members come near us, they will be nice juicy targets..:)

basically TVG are simmers who take in anyone just to be on top. u could be right about that.
what really matters in this game though is point average and even more bp average. i rather be part of an aggressive alliance than one thats holding hands with everyone else just so they "wont lose too many cities to other alliances".

what ur saying is that even though TVG are only engaged in one war and PB are fighting multiple wars, PB are the ones that wont last? makes no sense.