10000 votes against Morale

Do you want morale left out of exising worlds?

• Yes

Votes: 741 89.5%
  • No

Votes: 33 4.0%
  • I can live with it if it's modified.

Votes: 54 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I will say im impressed that they DO seem to listen. That at the very least, we are given a medium like Zeus to communicate ideas and suggestions as well as our outrage at such a change.

*giggle* after the first few initial pages of mocking and intimidation by a certain mod i too am glad they realized they would have had no players left if they did not at least give us the poll.

Dont get me wrong im glad they changed morale and im thankful for the people who told the developers what we think. I just think that im not too overly thankful for it as there was a lot of self-interest involved as from my last count theyve already managed to effectively kill off 2 top tribes in different servers with the morale annoncement.

So yeh mods may have had something to do with it removing morale but i believe player outrage had more to do with it.

DeletedUser

Hahahaha I know right. Every random noob or person being farmed is going to vote yes with no idea on how this affects the game.

Have they changed morale? I cant go back and re-read the survey, but from what I remember all they mentioned was "five times their points" when it was calculated to kick in alot earlier than that. At 3 times their size youre already losing 20%. They also failed to mention this does not only affect small 1 city players, but if someone with 20 cities attacks someone with 10 cities theyll be given a massive F U.

DeletedUser

Hahahaha I know right. Every random noob or person being farmed is going to vote yes with no idea on how this affects the game.

Have they changed morale? I cant go back and re-read the survey, but from what I remember all they mentioned was "five times their points" when it was calculated to kick in alot earlier than that. At 3 times their size youre already losing 20%. They also failed to mention this does not only affect small 1 city players, but if someone with 20 cities attacks someone with 10 cities theyll be given a massive F U.

here you go for everyones convenience

Morale was reintroduced to Grepolis with update 1.12. It was designed as a feature that would balance play between players with a point difference five times higher or lower. It essentially caused defenders troops only to fight above their capacity by a factor equal to the difference in points once this difference was five times greater.

As an example a player with 10,000 points would only begin to receive a benefit against a player with 50,001 points. This benefit then increased as the difference in points did.

This feature prevents new players in the world from essentially becoming victims of larger neighbours once their beginners protection wore off and allowed them to grow to a point where they were one fifth the size of these players before they had to fight on equal terms.

We would like to have your opinion on whether we should activate this feature on your world.
1. Do you wish to see Morale, in its current version, enacted on this world?
Yes
No
I don't care

DeletedUser

They should have phrased the question: "We implemented morale in an attempt to protect weaker players, but we screwed up and broke the game. Would you like us to put it back in your world?"

DeletedUser

they should have said: if you ever manage to reach your goals and get bigger you will be screwed too with the system :p
haha no That's not good either, all we ask for is non biased but this... omg.

DeletedUser

They should have phrased the question: "We implemented morale in an attempt to protect weaker players, but we screwed up and broke the game. Would you like us to put it back in your world?"

this might e more non-biased than the current form :D

at least it doesnt have the word victim in it :)

Aicy

Strategos
Wow... incredibly ridiculous survey there. They said what it was intended to do yet they didn't go near mentioning how it was so incredibly bad.

They should've linked to this thread. :)

DeletedUser

The developers don't want to admit that they are wrong so they put forth this useless and misleading survey to allow them to implement their flawed system.

DeletedUser

It could be...

It could be they are putting this less transparent survey up so they can say "Well, looks like you guys voted it in." and they don't have to show the results. Try to make it look like we secretly wanted it.

DeletedUser

The problem with this survey is ignorance. Friends of mine that arent serious into the game but still play asked me what this whole morale thing was about, and admitted they make it sound great until I explained to them the downsides.

People are also likely to vote whichever way currently benefits them to most, not considering the overall affect on the game. Devs need to wake up and be smart enough to make the right decisions for themselves instead of trying to collect bias data to cover up their mistakes.

DeletedUser

The problem with this survey is ignorance. Friends of mine that arent serious into the game but still play asked me what this whole morale thing was about, and admitted they make it sound great until I explained to them the downsides.

People are also likely to vote whichever way currently benefits them to most, not considering the overall affect on the game. Devs need to wake up and be smart enough to make the right decisions for themselves instead of trying to collect bias data to cover up their mistakes.

Which is exactly why they did it. The devs don't want to go back and fix it.

DeletedUser1405

I know the wording wasnt up to much but come on guys. You want this big grovelling apology, it aint going to happen.
Think of it this way, they are basically admitting they were wrong dumping it on us by turning it off and asking our opinion.(even though it was badly worded)
It seems a little free speech has gone to everyones heads.

DeletedUser

Mike62, they are going to take the skewed results from that flawed survey and reimplement morale. That is what people are concerned about.

DeletedUser1405

I dont think inno is that daft, if you look at the world stats we in Beta lost a bucketload of faces in the last 7 days and this happened right across the various worlds. Ive checked in TW and it seems that plenty have gone back to playing that.
This game is supposed to be innogames new flagship as it was put up for various awards in the gaming industry. Can you honestly see them letting it fall through the floor and risk losing its reputation.

DeletedUser

I think that was fallout from Update 1.12. I hope you are right, but if yes, then what is the point of the survey. Inno has shown in the past that they are tone deaf when it comes to their customers.

DeletedUser

I dont think inno is that daft, if you look at the world stats we in Beta lost a bucketload of faces in the last 7 days and this happened right across the various worlds. Ive checked in TW and it seems that plenty have gone back to playing that.
This game is supposed to be innogames new flagship as it was put up for various awards in the gaming industry. Can you honestly see them letting it fall through the floor and risk losing its reputation.

After everything weve been thru? yes.

If they really htought the way you posted. i.e. plenty of players are leaving due to morale etc etc then they wouldnt have even bothered with the survey and let it die down.

I fully expect morale to come back in a few days. When you do your thesis in school you learn how important the question is to the result of a survey. A non-biased quuestion will give you the proper results while a loaded question will give the result it was intended to give.

And yes i do like my free speech thank you very much.

DeletedUser

There has been no decline in active player numbers. We do have an inactive player count that goes down but I assure you our numbers are going up in active players very fast!

The results of the survey for each world will be published. I will put them up once we have enough votes to qualify as a significant number (statistically speaking) in each of the surveys. I can already assure you we have far more votes than were cast here.

This is not a fait accompli. we are simply looking for players opinions on the morale system and if they would like to see it in their world. Once we have the data we will continue the discussions here. I wouldn't expect sudden changes over the coming days. If anything is to change I will ensure you get adequate warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.