AP.- Daily News

DeletedUser54192

Actually, I said that a backstab would be the most likely move, from what I have seen in a variety of similar cases. I don't think I said that this was definitely a backstab by you lot. It was a strategic choice that could be interpreted as a backstab, and one I would rather see made than just simming to make a northern trio for WWs.

I think what I don't get about Futbol, and why I am saying what I am, is that he is being completely 2-faced:
- When you lot ended the pact with REPO, that was not a backstab.
- When HEROES ended the pact with you, that was a backstab.

They were 2 very similar decisions, yet Futbol is claiming it works one way for when Thermo does it, and another way when anyone does it to Thermo. You can't have your cake and eat it, which is exactly what he is attempting to do, alongside the rest of his extremely exaggerated propaganda and blatant lies.

DeletedUser829

If memory serves me correctly, while in Western Order I told REPO this would undoubtedly happen in the North.

If you want to start talking about Epic backstabs, I could educate you from the Alpha days with TW-S, a certain Parrot and Thunder Gods.

But... you spoke of cake and dammit we can have it and eat it too!

DeletedUser54192

If memory serves me correctly, while in Western Order I told REPO this would undoubtedly happen in the North.

If you want to start talking about Epic backstabs, I could educate you from the Alpha days with TW-S, a certain Parrot and Thunder Gods.

But... you spoke of cake and dammit we can have it and eat it too!

I predicted it on this external forum about 2 weeks before it happened, and I got laughed at for it.

I just said externals on servers that I have been on, and I am not an old-timer. I was merely pointing out that even on these recent worlds, there have been a lot of events that are proper backstabs.

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned food... :p

DeletedUser54835

I don't believe this should be seen as a backstab at all. A world of peace for 6 months is ridiculous, as Al said, this is a war game. While I was sad to see the pact dissolve as I do have friends in therm, it was necessary to continue the world moving.

This is my same thoughts for the HEROS pact falling apart with Therm. There is no doubt Therm is the strongest alliance, I do believe they should take all of us turning against them as a compliment, and a testament to the legacy they have built in the world. No evil moves or betrayments here, I believe this is friends saying "bring it on" :)

DeletedUser54775

AP. As the battle between freedom and evil unfolds in Mesembria, Thermopylae forces, which are without doubt the most powerful and best led coalition, pounded enemy positions without mercy.

Reports show that even cities in WW islands were cleared and revolted, which caused massive panic among the enemy forces. Stories from citizens of far away lands, tell the story of commander Gulio landing liberating forces deep into enemy territory and performing with bravery special operation missions to the much annoyance of those who oppose freedom and liberty.

There is indication that the forces from the rim are preparing counter-offensives.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54775

AP. News are coming from all corners of the world that some enemy commanders have started to surrender. A few have gone into vacation mode, inactive, or completely ghosted. Zashy completely ghosted as he/she realized the might and resolution of Thermopylae forces.

Long live this victorious alliance!

DeletedUser23786

Well said mate. Must confess I didn't see myself coming up against yourself on this server but it's for the best and has brought the server alive again!
I don't believe this should be seen as a backstab at all. A world of peace for 6 months is ridiculous, as Al said, this is a war game. While I was sad to see the pact dissolve as I do have friends in therm, it was necessary to continue the world moving.

This is my same thoughts for the HEROS pact falling apart with Therm. There is no doubt Therm is the strongest alliance, I do believe they should take all of us turning against them as a compliment, and a testament to the legacy they have built in the world. No evil moves or betrayments here, I believe this is friends saying "bring it on" :)

DeletedUser54192

Hip hip hooray, yet more utter trash from the self-appointed Thermopylae propaganda officer!

One player ghosts, and you suddenly claim that lots of leaders are leaving and giving up. When are you going to learn to stop lying and exaggerating?

Long live the blindly arrogant PR boy! ;)

DeletedUser54192

Translation:

A great war is unfolding. On one hand, an alliance made up of the majority of the biggest players on the server, including probably the highest ratio of heavy gold-users out of any major alliance on this server, and is primarily made up of a cherry-pick of one of the bigger teams of the past. On the other hand, a coalition brought together to stop Thermo from just walking away with a crown, that some (but not all) of the Thermo players would basically have bought rather than won through skill. Some Thermo players have been throwing pounding the enemy by throwing gold at their recruitment queues and at the event, showing no mercy to their wallets.

Though World Wonders are months and months away from even starting, some Thermopylae players claim to have attacked cities on their enemies' WW islands, showing either great skill at precognition or, much more likely, a highly overactive imagination.

-----

Notes:
- It would be nice if the original writer understood the meaning of the term "coalition" if he is going to use it in his ludicrous propaganda. Although perhaps this is merely another facet of his lack of understanding of the way in which certain elements of this game actually work.
- All of these silly propaganda attempts should probably be officially tagged as a PnP, so those who are on this forum to look for facts don't accidentally open any of your threads.
- Gold does not equal skill. Thermopylae undoubtedly has skilled fighters, but it may be better if their propaganda was written by someone who has shown skill at fighting, rather than someone who only cares about city points and throwing gold into the game, rather than BP and moral values.

DeletedUser54192

After the subjugation of the Imperium conglomerate, a long lasting period of peace seemed to the natural outcome in most of the oceans.
I love this joke, I honestly do. The comedy value was great..... oh, this was meant to be factual? I apologise. ;)

- Subjugation of Imperium: hmmmm, I am pretty sure I still see Imperium fighting? So you haven't subdued them by any means.

- Long lasting period of peace: I'm guessing that this is what you were hoping for? So you could keep building those pretty cities, without having to do much more fighting. You've shown in more than one way how you value building over fighting.

DeletedUser54775

Translation:

A great war is unfolding. On one hand, an alliance made up of the majority of the biggest players on the server, including probably the highest ratio of heavy gold-users out of any major alliance on this server, and is primarily made up of a cherry-pick of one of the bigger teams of the past. On the other hand, a coalition brought together to stop Thermo from just walking away with a crown, that some (but not all) of the Thermo players would basically have bought rather than won through skill. Some Thermo players have been throwing pounding the enemy by throwing gold at their recruitment queues and at the event, showing no mercy to their wallets.

Though World Wonders are months and months away from even starting, some Thermopylae players claim to have attacked cities on their enemies' WW islands, showing either great skill at precognition or, much more likely, a highly overactive imagination.

-----

Notes:
- It would be nice if the original writer understood the meaning of the term "coalition" if he is going to use it in his ludicrous propaganda. Although perhaps this is merely another facet of his lack of understanding of the way in which certain elements of this game actually work.
- All of these silly propaganda attempts should probably be officially tagged as a PnP, so those who are on this forum to look for facts don't accidentally open any of your threads.
- Gold does not equal skill. Thermopylae undoubtedly has skilled fighters, but it may be better if their propaganda was written by someone who has shown skill at fighting, rather than someone who only cares about city points and throwing gold into the game, rather than BP and moral values.

Thank you for the interpretation from the losers point of view. The game is the "game". If you do not like the way it is; then do no play or do not come with excuses. As for warfare, I would suggest that you read Sun Tzu. Then you will truly understand the supreme art of fighting.

DeletedUser54775

Hip hip hooray, yet more utter trash from the self-appointed Thermopylae propaganda officer!

One player ghosts, and you suddenly claim that lots of leaders are leaving and giving up. When are you going to learn to stop lying and exaggerating?

Long live the blindly arrogant PR boy! ;)
Thank you for reading and replying to the posts.

DeletedUser54192

Thank you for the interpretation from the losers point of view. The game is the "game". If you do not like the way it is; then do no play or do not come with excuses. As for warfare, I would suggest that you read Sun Tzu. Then you will truly understand the supreme art of fighting.
Thank you for your complete failure to understand various things about this game.

1) A coalition in this game is a group of alliances working together. Ergo, Thermo is not a coalition, as it is 1 alliance. Therefore you are objectively wrong on that.
2) You say losers, when this war has barely even started. And I am sure I can name some other alliances that proclaimed themselves as the winners before the end of a war, and yet fell to those they regarded as inferior: Enough is Enough on en95, Stay Cool on en96, Co-op family on en97, to an extent Im Telling Mummy here on en94. You haven't won by any means, so therefore we cannot be the losers.
3) Funny, it is you who try to say that the game can only be played in one way - pouring money into it and proclaiming yourself as the best because of it. I do not deny that gold and lots of cities is a good combination, but it is not an automatic win as you imply.

Also, when are you going to get a sense of humour?

DeletedUser23786

Does anyone know why Lucifia ghosted? I used to speak with her a fair bit and now she ghosted. This isn't me taking the piss but I know she was always up for a fight and now she is gone?

DeletedUser54835

Does anyone know why Lucifia ghosted? I used to speak with her a fair bit and now she ghosted. This isn't me taking the piss but I know she was always up for a fight and now she is gone?
With another war looming RL became too difficult to juggle. The WO war left her exhausted as she often had to stay up late and just couldn't do it again. Was sad to see her go but RL comes first.

DeletedUser54775

AP. On Friday Night the enemies of freedom started a direct frontal attack on almost all members of Thermopylae. The attacks were a completely failure with thousands and thousands of troops dying at the gates of city walls.

The story of a the brave citizens of a city called "Imperious is nooobis" is representative of the events on this infamous night. The city was liberated from the rule of the forces of the rim only a few days ago. Commander Virdian and his friends easily revolted it. They sent dozen and dozen of attacks, but the bravery and cooperation of the Thermopylae warriors managed to repeal every single attack.

This settlement and its twin city Football Django stand strong right in the middle of Imperious cities reminding the forces of the rim that there is a point where they will not pass; there is a pay that we will not pay for freedom and dignity. We will preserve the core of this world the goodness of our citizen and forces.

DeletedUser54850

*Repels

Also, the attacks were not failures, we took cities from you guys so I wouldn't call it a victory for you...

DeletedUser54192

The attacks were a completely failure with thousands and thousands of troops dying at the gates of city walls.
Oh, the attacks were a complete failure, were they? How about you read your forums or alliance timeline more carefully, and look at those cities that your alliance lost during the OP. Although based on the fact that you only refer to defending your own cities, perhaps that explains your lack of knowledge about what happened, as it would appear that you only care about yourself, and not about your teammates.

Also, just for a quick note: I've seen thousands of enemy troops get killed attacking individual cities out in rim oceans such as O74 and O75, and that wasn't even during an OP. Why is it so special that you had that happen to you in an OP?

DeletedUser54775

I guess it is just a matter of perspective. It is like saying; we lost 2-7, but at least we score two goals.
Overall, Thermo grew in the net number of cities in the last few days. One city lost here and there, but no significant or important gains for the dark forces of the rim.