Votes: 290 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 151 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

As was posted above, Easter is a time for family.. I for one, won't even be at home for the holiday, and appreciate that others will be travelling as well.. There aren't many who would appreciate coming back and finding cities lost because they chose RL commitments before the Game.

Hit VM then thats what it is for. if you want family time use VM and let the rest of us play

can you clarify the peace time rules please - if i have a wonder on level 8 building what happens to it if it is not finished by peace time start and what happens to the Q'd resources for the next level that have arrived?

any more surprises in the post for us can you please give us more than 5 days notice - well really 3 days notice considering how long levels take to build.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29122

In reply to Afghan revenge.

However, in a poll conducted by YouGov in March 2011 on behalf of the BHA, when asked the census question ‘What is your religion?’, 61% of people in England and Wales ticked a religious box (53.48% Christian and 7.22% other) while 39% ticked ‘No religion’. When the same sample was asked the follow-up question ‘Are you religious?’, only 29% of the same people said ‘Yes’ while 65% said ‘No’, meaning over half of those whom the census would count as having a religion said they were not religious.

http://https://humanism.org.uk/campaigns/religion-and-belief-some-surveys-and-statistics/

So other religions account for 7.22% hardly near the 53.48% that are Christian still a large majority I think.
As it states 39% state no religion it doesn't really matter to them.

DeletedUser43023

for those that 'want to play' consider it a rebuilding day and attack the day before the peacetime! It really isn't that complicated....

DeletedUser

I voted NO - it not a holiday for me and there are many religions play here - supposed to be a global game.

also, your announcement of timing sucks - so little notice.

DeletedUser

for those that 'want to play' consider it a rebuilding day and attack the day before the peacetime! It really isn't that complicated....

for those that 'don't want to play' consider farmville, simcity or tetris. Or just use your Vm time like normal players,

DeletedUser

http://https://humanism.org.uk/campaigns/religion-and-belief-some-surveys-and-statistics/

So other religions account for 7.22% hardly near the 53.48% that are Christian still a large majority I think.

I must admit to being sympathetic to those of faiths who do not celebrate Easter or Christmas, and those who celebrate these at different times. However, although the UK and many other other European countries are increasingly cosmopolitan with many faiths represented, the fact remains that Easter and Christmas are treated as being significant holidays in these countries and each is marked by more than one bank holiday. I know of many people of other faiths, and many with no faith, who mark these times with gifts, chocolate eggs and feasting with family. I can therefore understand why INNO are asking if we want peacetime over Easter.

Maybe the fault lies with the governments of these counties for not having bank holidays at times of other major religious feasts.

Perhaps the simplest solution would be to do away with peacetime altogether (including New Year, as even this is not the same everywhere in the world) and instead maybe allocate some more free VM days for people to use at times of their choosing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser39118

"However, in a poll conducted by YouGov in March 2011 on behalf of the BHA, when asked the census question ‘What is your religion?’, 61% of people in England and Wales ticked a religious box (53.48% Christian and 7.22% other) while 39% ticked ‘No religion’. When the same sample was asked the follow-up question ‘Are you religious?’, only 29% of the same people said ‘Yes’ while 65% said ‘No’, meaning over half of those whom the census would count as having a religion said they were not religious."

According to your own citation: approximately 50% of england are christian. (more than half of those say they are 'not religious').
Approximately 40% of england have no religion, and therefor do not celebrate easter, christmas or any other religious holiday.

You cannot claim a christian majority whilst ignoring the huge percentage of no-faith population.

DeletedUser39118

The point is: muslim, hindu and atheist alike should not be forced into a peacetime so that one religious group can enjoy some quiet time.
It does't seem fair to non-christian players.

DeletedUser

The point is: muslim, hindu and atheist alike should not be forced into a peacetime so that one religious group can enjoy some quiet time.
It does't seem fair to non-christian players.

I agree with you (and I speak as a Catholic) and would ask you to consider appealing to INNO along the lines of the suggestion I made on page 5 of this thread. Unless, of course, you have a better suggestion.

DeletedUser39031

According to your own citation: approximately 50% of england are christian. (more than half of those say they are 'not religious').
Approximately 40% of england have no religion, and therefor do not celebrate easter, christmas or any other religious holiday.

So those without a religion or have other religious beliefs should not have public holidays on Easter and Christmas and instead have to work?
You can't apply your logic just where it suits you

DeletedUser18132

Before getting my vote you should know that not only Catholic play grepolis, there is also Orthodox players.We never have peace time when is Christmas and now peace time on Easter?
I feel discriminated.Why do i have to use VM and someone does not?
I am talking about me and i am sure there is some others from other religion who feel the same.
We have peacetime on the 25th of December if that is what you mean by Christmas. We've had it for years.

If you decide peace time, you have to make it twice:
1) for the catholic eastern 26-27/3
2) for the orthodox eastern 30/4-1/5
Thanks
I vote both!
_nikolaus.gif

Baudin, he means January 7th, Orthodox/Eastern European Christmas.

My two cents, Catholic Easter is a federal/public holiday in the US, Germany, and many other Western European countries. Orthodox Easter is not. Because this is an EN server, we should have peacetime only around Catholic Easter. (I'm saying this as an Orthodox Christian who celebrates Easter on the May 1st this year)

Last edited:

DeletedUser29066

Sunday, July 17
National Ice Cream Day 2016

Can we have peace on this day? There's nothing religious about it and should only offend those who are lactose intolerant. I know it officially only applies to the the USA, but in the best interest of world peace we don't mind if others celebrate it as well.

DeletedUser

every single simmer in grepolis will vote yes here, and the majority as contacted in game will be in the new world en90 and might enjoy a bit of respite from being attacked to build def....i think this vote thing was purely a ploy to get more folk on the externals..the number of little grey members on this page speaks volumes..i have resigned my self to peace now but ak in future you all have bit more common sense and don't apply things that can literally affect a whole game of more thana year with as little as 72hours real notice (see wonders) please

DeletedUser42584

Personally speaking, Ice Cream day does sound good but April 12th "National grilled cheese day" is the day to observe.

Everyone should get 1 or 2 "48 hour" passes. They do not count on your VM tally. Anyone observing a day or period of religion can use them for that. Its amazing that many players have been obeying Grepo peacetimes for years but all it took was for one player to find offense and POW a thread and vote are made. Everyone is all the sudden SO religious. You shouldnt be playing this game then...You are Idling false Gods. Want to observe your holidays, observe your religious laws too

Status
Not open for further replies.