Votes: 290 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 151 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

65 - 35 % you noob simmers do know you have a VM button right?

I give up. gold for nukes, instant cities and now peace on a war game...

Ahr-Ex

Phrourach
Now VM is used to protect cities from ops. If people use their VM to spend time with family or focus on RL, they won't have those days to use strategically to block real alliances from gaining territory by superior gameplay.

DeletedUser52997

Wow!!! So many crybaby Simmers wanting more time to sim instead of fighting. How about Grepolis just put everyone in permanent VM and the simmers get 45 days to fight..... LOL

DeletedUser

All hail simmers: (
Voted no.
Disrespectful toward non Catho Protestant believers/atheists.
Those who believe in desert fairy tales should go VM!

DeletedUser39118

So those without a religion or have other religious beliefs should not have public holidays on Easter and Christmas and instead have to work?
You can't apply your logic just where it suits you

I did not say this.

In England, Christmas and Easter are public holidays of course and people do have time off work (often the time off is imposed, regardless of whether the person actually celebrates the religious holiday). Hindus and atheists have Christmas day off work even though they do not believe in the immaculate conception and the birth of Jesus Christ.

I understand that England used to be a majority Christian society and that is why public holidays are based round the christian calendar but I don't think it an adequate way of doing things anymore when such a large part of society are non-christian.

Same goes for grepolis. As was suggested on page 5 of this thread, why not give players more VM days so they can have time off as they wish.

As an aside, I know 'christians', hindus and atheists who use christmas as a time to come together with family, exchange gifts, eat lots of food. For these people there is no religious element in their celebration of christmas whatsoever.

Christmas wasn't always about gluttony and acquiring material goods. But that is a different story altogether.

DeletedUser17088

Before getting my vote you should know that not only Catholic play grepolis, there is also Orthodox players.We never have peace time when is Christmas and now peace time on Easter?
I feel discriminated.Why do i have to use VM and someone does not?
I am talking about me and i am sure there is some others from other religion who feel the same.

easter is hardly a religious holiday just like valentines its highly commercial and designed to get your money, we eat chocolate eggs delivered by a rabbit for goodness sake. only the christians care about it and do it properly. Non religious people like myself still have the holiday and enjoy it, like many muslims/jewish/hindu/athiest or whatever you follow, the holiday is there regardless take it or not.

Same here as a Muslim. We don't have any peace time for Mubarak or "Bayram". Really frustrating tbh.

Whats frustrating is opening new scissors that require scissors to open, having a peacetime because the devs are or may be christian (or more likely are not, but like most EU countries the National holidays are there regardless of your religion) is not frustrating, its just a holiday. I imagine that if the devs originated from a muslim or jewish country, the holidays would be based around that. just how it is

As a Wiccan, we have 8 major celebrations through the year as well as quite a few minor ones, yet we do not get peacetime for those celebrations. This world (real life) is mostly a Christian based society so their holidays and celebrations are the ones that are honoured, even if most of their traditions that they got from Wiccan celebrations and rituals. On the plus side, their easter and christmas Our (northern hemisphere) Ostara and Yule are celebrated a few days before each, the southern hemisphere celebrate the opposite as it depends on the seasons. Still if this game took every religion into account, we would be in constant peacetime (maybe the real world could learn from that?!), unless this game does not recognise any religion and has no peacetime at all then everyone would be on a level playing field. But then that would mean getting rid of the events as well as no holidays would be celebrated so no need for 'special events'.

will + rep you for this

You meant well Inno but you posed a question with singular religious connotations to a religiously diverse and perpetually disgruntled community. New Years is about the only holiday that you can get away with without backlash.

I find it slightly offensive that anyone can get offended at another religions holiday schedule. I dont beleive in any of it so why should i be subjected to any religions celebrations? ah yeh thats right because its a holiday and who doesnt like a holiday haha

Great post.
Religion is an outdated and divisive human construct. No peace at xtian easter, no peace for jewish, muslim, hindu, shinto etc holidays.

Religion is so outdated that the vast majority of the world have faith in some form of religion? have a word....

I voted NO as this poll does not take into consideration those players living in countries where the Orthodox Easter is celebrated at a different time to the Catholic or Protestant one.

why should it? Devs made the game, devs have their religion and holiday schedule, you chose to play. so play it to their tune sunshine.

Sunday, July 17
National Ice Cream Day 2016

Can we have peace on this day? There's nothing religious about it and should only offend those who are lactose intolerant. I know it officially only applies to the the USA, but in the best interest of world peace we don't mind if others celebrate it as well.

^ love it

P.S everyone is chirping on about their religion or this and that.

just reminding everyone that if they were that bothered about religion they wouldnt be playing a game based on Greek mythology (a religion btw :O ) where millions of humans are slaughtered for our pleasure and we cast spells and stuff. so clearly you aren't that affronted by other religions or this game is heresy, vote yeh or no...majority decides :)

DeletedUser

If majority decides, and the majority of players are on a new server EN90, and the majority it will suit to have a bit of build time on peace then in this world, the whole premise of the vote is corrupt - it affects all on every server not the thousands of noobs who are on En90..had this been a forum vote with no Announcement made I am Sure it would be defeated.

The whole family time agreement is just as skewed as the religious one..perhaps inoo will give us 48 hrs extra VM time so we can make a personal choice..no they won't because then they can't sell you more VM days...anyway Im resigned to this going ahead, thanks for the 72 hours notice Inno ..absolute make it up as you go along idiots..remember the 30% attack /defense bonus island quests? made up on the spot again with no notice.. someone there needs a good slap.

DeletedUser52839

Before getting my vote you should know that not only Catholic play grepolis, there is also Orthodox players.We never have peace time when is Christmas and now peace time on Easter?
I feel discriminated.Why do i have to use VM and someone does not?
I am talking about me and i am sure there is some others from other religion who feel the same.

Hey I didn't want peace time either, You feel discriminated, wow you need to get a grip it's a game after all.

DeletedUser22517

Hey I didn't want peace time either, You feel discriminated, wow you need to get a grip it's a game after all.

I don`t care what you want.I pay real money like everyone else so i deserve the same as everyone else.

DeletedUser24285

Yes peace-time for religious festivals opens up a mega can of worms. Don't do it!!!

(I count Christmas as a commercial festival these days)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13405

Folks...this was well-intentioned by Inno....lets not kill them for this. Cast your vote and decide if you want a couple day break from the game. Majority rules. Forget the "religious" connotations of all of it.

DeletedUser

GothamSolider said:
Folks...this was well-intentioned by Inno

Ha Ha Ha Ha! Oh lord I...Haha ha ha!. yes you are..ha ha ha ha!

Almost tempted to plus rep this for Irony, tho i am sure you are serious..

DeletedUser22708

Ha Ha Ha Ha! Oh lord I...Haha ha ha!. yes you are..ha ha ha ha!

Almost tempted to plus rep this for Irony, tho i am sure you are serious..

I voted no but the majority wins and I accept that.
If you're not happy with a democratic vote than I suggest you pack your bags and find another game.

DeletedUser

Digital Mystikz said:
I voted no but the majority wins and I accept that.
If you're not happy with a democratic vote than I suggest you pack your bags and find another game.

Nice little right wing end touch with your point on democracy.
'If you are not happy with the democratic vote , please leave all your investments and wordly goods behind, pack your bags and find another country'

Mr Trump is that you?

DeletedUser22708

Nice little right wing end touch with your point on democracy.
'If you are not happy with the democratic vote , please leave all your investments and wordly goods behind, pack your bags and find another country'

Mr Trump is that you?

You not respecting this vote would be the same as inno just imposing this peace time without even having a vote.

DeletedUser37468

Kind of ironic isn't it?

A poll to vote for peace time or not......that spirals into one almight great argument

DeletedUser

You not respecting this vote would be the same as inno just imposing this peace time without even having a vote.

Or Inno just having a vote on halting us on level 9 of WW with absolutely no pre thought or reasonable notice. Yep I'm angry - this should and could of easily been announced months and months ago. As for not respecting the vote, I'm not sure what you mean exactly..its not like we can opt out and show civil disobedience ..unlike anyone who does want a peacetime who can just hit VM.

DeletedUser39031

Or Inno just having a vote on halting us on level 9 of WW with absolutely no pre thought or reasonable notice. Yep I'm angry - this should and could of easily been announced months and months ago. As for not respecting the vote, I'm not sure what you mean exactly..its not like we can opt out and show civil disobedience ..unlike anyone who does want a peacetime who can just hit VM.
You seem to think this only effects your alliance, that every other alliance will be allowed to continue WWs, this isn't a conspiracy theory mate

DeletedUser

You seem to think this only effects your alliance, that every other alliance will be allowed to continue WWs, this isn't a conspiracy theory mate

Not at all, but it certainly favour others big time on the server.

You all seem to have inno Stockholm syndrome.:p

Edit - BTW , i just spoke with jesus and he is dead against this peacetime vote, just so you know, he is telling his dad on you if you vote yes..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.